Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
i really hate teeaboos [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1 Posted: 19:13:25 09/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I have a Doctor Who shirt that I'll wear sometimes.

I can't go out in public spaces with it, I get people slithering up my legs like snakes and then whispering into my ear "do you like the next doctor?" etc.

The cumberbatch fans are even worse though.

If you do like Doctor Who and don't do this to other strangers who like the show, I love you.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2 Posted: 19:52:01 09/11/2014
People are happy to see others that enjoy the same thing as they do. It's possible that they don't have anyone or many people off the internet in which they could talk to about something they love. I don't find anything bad about simply asking a question about something you both enjoy. I think is nice that there's something we could talk about with each other.

In all honesty, though. Did you really not expect any fans to come up to you when you bought that shirt?
If I ever buy a MLP:FIM shirt, I sure as hell know that I'm going to get many fans asking what my favorite pony is. Which is strange because that is no question. Pinkie Pie is best pony hands down.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#3 Posted: 20:55:40 09/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
People are happy to see others that enjoy the same thing as they do. It's possible that they don't have anyone or many people off the internet in which they could talk to about something they love. I don't find anything bad about simply asking a question about something you both enjoy. I think is nice that there's something we could talk about with each other.

In all honesty, though. Did you really not expect any fans to come up to you when you bought that shirt?
If I ever buy a MLP:FIM shirt, I sure as hell know that I'm going to get many fans asking what my favorite pony is. Which is strange because that is no question. Pinkie Pie is best pony hands down.

it's just usually random strangers when i'm off to do my business.

if it's someone i'm familiar with, i'll talk.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:51 09/11/2014 by MoonHorizons
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#4 Posted: 00:39:03 10/11/2014
I know what you mean.

Just yesterday there was this guy who saw the anime related buttons on my messenger bag and instantly started trying to talk with me about stuff and show me pictures of his cosplays and I'm just like "who da*** are you please leave"

Striking up a small conversation is fine, but it all depends on how you get approached. Some random dude walking up and going "OMG YOU LIKE _____?! I DO TOO!! LETS BE BESTEST FWIENDS!!!" is kinda creepy.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#5 Posted: 00:44:19 10/11/2014
This happened to me a few when I read Scott Pilgrim at school and everytime I have a comic book in Biology.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 00:51:12 10/11/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons
If you do like Doctor Who and don't do this to other strangers who like the show, I love you.

You're coming on pretty strong and it's all too sudden. I think we should see other people.

It's not me. It's you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me