Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
db8 about operating systems [CLOSED]
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#1 Posted: 17:40:25 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
favorite mobile os and why. if you have no opinion don't waste anyone's time saying "lolxddddd i dont have a phone"

whether it's android, ios, bbos, windows phone (#), etc. please share

reasons i'm looking for:
-good ones

don't bother posting if your arguments are related to:
-extremely personal gripes such as stutters, harmless hangs or factory defects
-experiences from using a horrible device such as lg optimus f3, nokia lumia 510, iphone running ios 8.0.2, complaints about companies are welcome tho
-exclusive programs, we are talking a consistent experience across platforms, some way or another all oses must be able to perform (action) somehow to make the reason valid, extra benefits can be brought up though

begin, will post opinion when thread gets replies
---
BREATHE AIR.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#2 Posted: 18:03:39 07/11/2014
Ask me again in a few days
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 18:44:28 07/11/2014
I have an older iOS model. I don't really care too much because my iPhone is woefully underused considering all the stuff it could do. It's also probably why I'm too lazy to switch phones. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 18:51:08 07/11/2014
Android
#5 Posted: 19:46:41 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
ok like i promised here it is, also gonna do some stereotype shootdowns as platform agnostic-like as possible
(watch this lads)

i prefer android
y? because i am somebody who strives for functionality and customizability in a platform more than simply having one or the other.
all platforms have their strengths and weaknesses but i believe android is the healthiest community both underground and common because of the advantages listed above, immense choice and developer friendly resources

ios is second because of immense support and how the mainstream community has decided to side with apple, however choice is limited and everyone must understand android and ios are generally catered to different consumer groups, ios more towards those "special" with technology or those who decide to remain in the ecosystem, there is a fair share of money to be had after stock investment

close third is windows phone only because the platform is dwindling in terms of market share which is actually extremely disappointing considering i believe it is the most stable platform of the the oses and most polished under the hood since single core windows phone devices are optimized so well they don't skip a beat unlike last year's iphone 5s or, for example sharp's aquos crystal android phone, there are some nitpicks I'll combat coming up, also nokia's line of phones have THE BEST cameras on any phone, and ooh lala xenon flash baby

weaknesses of each
android- consistent experience and software updates, roll outs of software isn't even guaranteed on a slew of low end android phones, that's another issue in itself too
android 4.4 came out over a year ago and only 30% of devices are running it because of terrible manufacturer support as opposed to apple and microsoft pushing new firmware directly to their devices
ios- closed ecosystem means apple holds your hand to do things as simple as connecting your phone to a computer to sync music or log into an account, also apple undeniably dupes their customers into moneymaking scandals, also ios patches always slow down the device as time goes on
windows phone- OFFICIAL dev support, not enough well known devs on the market, will not improve soon because of the platform's poor sales in general

killing stereotypes:
-android is laggy: stop using android 2.2 and samsung phones
-android is full of malware: only the biggest dupes get malware, and keep in mind malware is a commendable problem on ALL oses
-iphone is best because it has facetime!!!!!!: proprietary software sucks anyways so **** you
-aluminum is better than plastic: in many ways that's wrong and an opinion, please go away
-ios copies android omg: yes it may seem that way but a lot of platforms were headed in this direction, you've gotta admit this means android's ui is spectacular
-ios is for sheep: platform's not for you then, pick what you like and shut up
-motorola droid turbo has 21 megapixel cam so its way better than iphone 6 plus 8 megapixel camera!!!!: megapixels rarely mean a better image and that applies here too, iphone cameras consistently impress and the turbo's camera is sub-par as with all of motorola's phone cams
-phones with the most cores and ghz are the best: you don't understand how processors work
-windows phone has no apps: want youtube? metrotube is loads better anyways. look at that, instagram is on windows phone now. if you care so much about media apps being in the store Instagram will shut you up lol
-ios is a joke: keep it to yourself that's an opinion
-android is a joke: keep it to yourself that's an opinion
-windows phone is a joke: that's an opinion keep it to yourself
-(os here) SUX!!!!: depends

@Avatari pls keep us posted
@HIR you're a great example of a user who appreciates a phone for being a phone, many people seem to forget that part
@zer0 more info pl0x
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:56 07/11/2014 by ThroneOfMalefor
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 20:57:25 07/11/2014
I'm feeling a sense of superiority in some of these posts...

I prefer Windows. It has the best UI of the three and, in my experience, has also been the fastest. It's limited in apps due to the small foothold in the market but it has most of what I would need/want on it. All that's missing is a truly valuable fitness app and a handful of games that while tempting, I can still live without. And the phone in question was only $1 at the time of purchase so it wasn't like I was taking a major gamble when I got it.
I used iOS for years. I enjoyed it at the time being but the restrictions due to OS and the insistence of using iTunes only turned me off. And the phone was getting old anyway so the entire thing started to slow down.
I haven't had much experience with Android but I wasn't a fan of how the UI looked and it began to feel slow in my hands. Yes the phone was Samsung.

Also:

Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
favorite mobile os and why. if you have no opinion don't waste anyone's time saying "lolxddddd i dont have a phone"

Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

-ios is a joke: keep it to yourself that's an opinion
-android is a joke: keep it to yourself that's an opinion
-windows phone is a joke: that's an opinion keep it to yourself

Do you want opinions in this thread or not? Make up your mind.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#7 Posted: 21:05:15 07/11/2014
Android because recently on iOS of you didn't own an iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2 Stability was absolute trash.
In the past month my iPad has been crashing and rebooting and freezing like crazy, so has my brother.
Android is much more customizable as well.

Outside of Android and iOS there really isn't any competition on mobile...
#8 Posted: 21:44:37 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
@CAV If you never used the OS you have no right to judge it in any way besides looks, also as I said completely ****ting on another's preference is against what I want as stated in the OP
---
BREATHE AIR.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 22:33:18 07/11/2014
I stated that I used Android for a short time, and didn't go on a long tangent about what I didn't like since I didn't experience all there was to it. I merely expressed my thoughts based on my few interactions and that was it, most of those thoughts being based on the looks that you say I can only judge anyway. So I fail to see the problem when I followed the OP guidelines as stated.

While debunking stereotypes you had an attitude and wording that felt similar to how someone would talk when talking down to someone for an iOS preference.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#10 Posted: 00:23:54 08/11/2014
honestly my favourite is ios, been using a third gen ipod touch for around five? years and it's been my most reliable device so far. it's pretty damn user friendly and the app store has a lot of variety, sure itunes might be annoying but there's a few other programs that do work with ios devices.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#11 Posted: 00:29:27 08/11/2014
Android.

Open Source.

Funcionality.

Design.

There you have it.
#12 Posted: 04:28:28 08/11/2014 | Topic Creator
@cav i was replying at the second quote you made about "do u want opinions or not" wtf chill out man lol
---
BREATHE AIR.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 15:34:31 08/11/2014
I prefer Android, because of the level of customization, and really, just the things that you can do on an Android compared to iOS. The app ecosystem is wonderful, and has greatly improved in the past couple of years. I feel like iOS is just too restricted for my tastes. :/

Also, I dont know about anyone else, but I personally like Samsung. My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) runs smooth as butter, even moreso with the update that it got. It can also have two apps running on the screen at the same time, which is actually a useful feature; try doing that with iOS!
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me