Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Toy Story 4 is a thing [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 23:21:18 06/11/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/d...lasseter-73243/
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 23:29:00 06/11/2014
Quote: CAV
Bad idea. Toy Story 3 ended on a perfect note and doesn't need to be continued further. Not to mention the last two films Lasseter directed are the Cars films, which have a reputation for being Pixar's worst.
-----
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#3 Posted: 00:11:19 07/11/2014
Quote: gillgrunt987
[User Posted Image]

I don't think this needed to happen. Plus, I thought the movies stopped after Toy Story 3's release. I'll need to see trailers when they come out so I can see if it looks promising or not. But of course, still a few years yet until we get a trailer.

-----
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#4 Posted: 00:18:53 07/11/2014
Bad idea. Toy Story 3 ended on a perfect note and doesn't need to be continued further. Not to mention the last two films Lasseter directed are the Cars films, which have a reputation for being Pixar's worst.
-----

- - -
---
Cool cool.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#5 Posted: 00:20:12 07/11/2014
Quote: DragonCamo
I love this meme

-----
#6 Posted: 00:24:12 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
God is dead.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#7 Posted: 00:53:50 07/11/2014
wait what
There making a 4th one thats not a little holiday-spinoff??...
....what?
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#8 Posted: 01:10:33 07/11/2014
They keep making little Toy Story short films, why are they making a whole new sequel?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#9 Posted: 01:11:44 07/11/2014
goddammit disney keeps ruining ****
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 01:14:50 07/11/2014
ugh, not now, TS3 was great, and we all know about uneeded disney sequels

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*
*cough* Lion King 2 *cough*
#11 Posted: 01:16:00 07/11/2014
Finding Dory is coming out soon too, I thought,
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#12 Posted: 01:16:06 07/11/2014
Quote: Badwolfmichael

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Hey man, I enjoy Lion King 2, it's one of the better Disney sequels imo
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#13 Posted: 01:17:33 07/11/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Meh, It was okay.
Even though, then again, Lion King 1 1/2 was really funny imo
Smegman Ripto Gems: 99
#14 Posted: 01:19:32 07/11/2014
The cars films were probaly on of the greatest movie especially the first but the best disney even thought it is not a pixar have to be lilo and sitch the first one is hilarious
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#15 Posted: 01:21:47 07/11/2014

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Meh, It was okay.
Even though, then again, Lion King 1 1/2 was really funny imo

Oh my God YES
---
now its time to get funky
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#16 Posted: 01:28:14 07/11/2014

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Lion King 2 was awesome! Cars 2 was just..........not good
---
ded
#17 Posted: 01:30:08 07/11/2014
Quote: SackBoy01

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Wow, I guess I don't remember Lion King 2 enough,
If you guys say it was good, my memory must be getting bad!
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#18 Posted: 01:30:30 07/11/2014
ts 3 ended great they sdont need to make more movies.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#19 Posted: 01:47:36 07/11/2014
Quote: arceustheprime
Quote: DragonCamo
I love this meme

-----

Wait what?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 01:52:38 07/11/2014
...Oy. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#21 Posted: 02:07:12 07/11/2014

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Don't forget Pocahantes 2, Beauty & the Beast had a sequel in the form of a Christmas special IIRC. Then there's Mulan 2 and I believe a Hunchback of Notre Dame sequel out there.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#22 Posted: 02:16:17 07/11/2014
Quote: Seiki

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Don't forget Pocahantes 2, Beauty & the Beast had a sequel in the form of a Christmas special IIRC. Then there's Mulan 2 and I believe a Hunchback of Notre Dame sequel out there.

Yowzah.

That's way to many sequels...
#23 Posted: 02:24:31 07/11/2014

*cough* Cars 2 *cough*

Yowzah.

I also don't feel Aladdin needed to be a trilogy but it is.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#24 Posted: 02:29:09 07/11/2014

Yowzah.

It is??? I didn't know! .-.
#25 Posted: 02:40:13 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: IGN article
Lasseter has revealed to The LA Times that Toy Story 4 will be a "love story" and will pick up where Toy Story 3 left off.

He also promised that the sequel was not a cash grab.

"A lot of people in the industry view us doing sequels as being for the business of it, but for us it's pure passion," said Lasseter. "We only make sequels when we have a story that's as good as or better than the original.

"We don't just, because of the success of a film, automatically say we're going to do a sequel and then figure out what we're going to do."

Wat..
#26 Posted: 02:52:04 07/11/2014

Yowzah.

It is??? I didn't know! .-.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. Cinderella has a trilogy as well. Those sequels were both unnecessary.
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#27 Posted: 04:26:32 07/11/2014
Quote: SackBoy01

Wow, I guess I don't remember Lion King 2 enough,
If you guys say it was good, my memory must be getting bad!

I'm easily the biggest Lion King fan on this site and I can say without a doubt that Lion King 2 was awful. It lacked everything that we loved about the first movie and added things that weren't necessary with a plot that makes no sense considering Simba and Nala's first child is actually a boy named Kopa instead of a girl named Kiara (Though at the time of the first movie they called the cub Fluffy and it was genderless.)
HOWEVER, the animation was pretty good. And 1 1/2 is amazing, it's something that never really had been done before.

On a more related note

I don't know why everyone is complaining....All the Toy Story movies have gotten amazing scores which is something no trilogy of movies has ever done, not even Star Wars. I have no problem with a fourth movie because if we go back to Star Wars, they are making another movie, but it's more of a fresh start than a sequel in a sense. So you can look at Toy Story 4 as a fresh beginning as it's the start of their time with a different child other than Andy, if they had stayed with Andy in the end of 3 then I would agree this is stupid but there are so many possibilities with the new kid. Unlike with most movie sequels you can tell that the people of Toy Story actual give a **** to make a good movie. I'd also like to give you some movies Lasseter Directed, sure he made Cars (which wasn't AWFUL) And Cars 2 (which I hear was) But people tend to look at the bad over the good...Here's some of the good; Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2

He's also been producer and writer on many other projects, I suggest you all do research on the guy and check his filmography before making your decision on this project and the way he might take it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:46 07/11/2014 by Lunarz
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#28 Posted: 00:07:08 08/11/2014
Your kidding me. I looked anything about TS4 either yesterday or Wednesday and the only thing I saw was that "nothing is official. Only for it to be confirmed that we are getting TS4.

Honestly, I doubt it's gonna happen. I don't want it too. Especially is Lasseter is gonna direct. He used to be so good, but his last two movies, (Cars and Cars 2) he should stick to producing.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#29 Posted: 00:28:15 08/11/2014
bahahah the pixar fanboys are mad as hell, thanks disney
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#30 Posted: 00:46:18 08/11/2014
Quote: Smegman
The cars films were probaly on of the greatest movie especially the first but the best disney even thought it is not a pixar have to be lilo and sitch the first one is hilarious

Good luck with the whole "being taken seriously" thing.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
#31 Posted: 01:13:00 08/11/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Your kidding me. I looked anything about TS4 either yesterday or Wednesday and the only thing I saw was that "nothing is official. Only for it to be confirmed that we are getting TS4.

Honestly, I doubt it's gonna happen. I don't want it too. Especially is Lasseter is gonna direct. He used to be so good, but his last two movies, (Cars and Cars 2) he should stick to producing.

First of all, it is confirmed.

Secondly what is wrong with all of you hating on a guy because he made some bad films? It's not like Spielberg has made some bad films, nope, allll good *rolls eyes*

You're looking at the two bad things over the many good things. Everyone has bad days, bad games, bad dates, bad movies, bad everything's, not everything can be perfect just because you want it to be.
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#32 Posted: 03:08:02 08/11/2014
toy story 3 didn't need to exist, i hope toy story 4 is cars 2 levels of **** so people will stop worshipping toy story
#33 Posted: 03:46:22 08/11/2014
Quote: Big Green
toy story 3 didn't need to exist, i hope toy story 4 is cars 2 levels of **** so people will stop worshipping toy story

You've provided no reason as to why it didn't need to be made.

By your logic I guess Toy Story 2 had no point in being made, in fact, screw Toy Story all together, y'know what? There's no real point in any other movie needing to be made so let's just shut down the movie industry completely.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#34 Posted: 04:26:16 08/11/2014
toy story is gay /fact
---
BREATHE AIR.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#35 Posted: 04:26:51 08/11/2014
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
toy story is gay /fact

keeeek
#36 Posted: 04:33:27 08/11/2014
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
toy story is gay /fact

lel

---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#37 Posted: 14:01:10 08/11/2014
Quote: Lunarz

Secondly what is wrong with all of you hating on a guy because he made some bad films? It's not like Spielberg has made some bad films, nope, allll good *rolls eyes*

You're looking at the two bad things over the many good things. Everyone has bad days, bad games, bad dates, bad movies, bad everything's, not everything can be perfect just because you want it to be.

I think you're missing the point of why people are uproaring about the 4th film.

Toy Story doesn't need a 4th movie. Toy Story 3 ended on a high note for the series, what with Andy finally giving up his toys to a new owner and moving on to adulthood. The whole ending symbolized growing up and letting go of your childhood, and many people who viewed this movie were kids moving into teenhood or teens going to adulthood. This is why people think a 4th film, let alone all the short films made about it afterwards shouldn't be released; Toy Story grew up with its audience. It knew exactly what it should've been and should've stopped at 3 because its entire morals and themes are about childhood and growing up in life. Making Toy Story 4 would break this whole setup that made Toy Story successful. By making a new movie and disregarding that fans have grown up and have finished with the films, they completely forget what Toy Story is and what it should be; a story about growing up. Toy Story 4 being made shows that Pixar has completely forgotten what they envisioned for the Toy Story trilogy.

Unlike sequels that people have been asking for, like Finding Dory and Incredibles 2, no one asked for Toy Story 4 because it isn't needed. The films even being considered shows that Pixar doesn't care about what they originally wanted to accomplish with Toy Story.

And yes, John Lasseter has made excellent films in the past, but if Pixar was smart, they wouldn't let Lasseter direct because of him directing Cars and Cars 2. These films show that his quality is declining, and Pixar would be smart to even just consider the position. M. Night Shyamalan started with a promising career, and look where he is now.

Lasseter's flops with Cars and Cars 2 show that he's finally starting to lose touch. And this has been shown with Pixar lately, as ever since Toy Story 3, Pixar movies haven't been getting NEAR the critical acclaim that their previous films have gotten; Cars 2 was the studio's first flop, and Brave and Monsters University did get favorable reception, but it wasn't even close to Pixar's normal reception.

While this shows that Pixar is showing no signs of ever making bad films besides Cars, it shows that their quality is starting to decline. And this further adds onto the fact that Toy Story 4 shouldn't exist. It may be a decent movie to say the least, but that doesn't mean it will match the reception that previous Pixar films have gotten, let alone make people actually want Toy Story 4 besides kids that will watch anything.
---
Cool cool.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#38 Posted: 15:28:09 08/11/2014
Why does everybody hate Cars smilie

I understand why people didn't like the second one, but I never understood why people didn't like the first. I always thought it was just as good as the other great Pixar films.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#39 Posted: 15:44:06 08/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: awesomerockets

I understand why people didn't like the second one, but I never understood why people didn't like the first. I always thought it was just as good as the other great Pixar films.

Toy story 3 was about growing up, and made you cry.

Cars 2 was about spies. ****ING SPIES
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#40 Posted: 17:41:31 08/11/2014
pixar has been sucking lately, so they're springing to the toy story cash cow
#41 Posted: 17:43:35 08/11/2014 | Topic Creator
OMG NEW PLOT DETAILS!

The movie is just them turning hamm upside down, and shaking every dime out of the franchise while "My heart will go on" plays for 2 hours.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#42 Posted: 19:19:18 08/11/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: awesomerockets

Toy story 3 was about growing up, and made you cry.

Cars 2 was about spies. ****ING SPIES

Yeah, the second one was stupid and unnecessary, but I thought the first one was good.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#43 Posted: 20:13:11 08/11/2014
Don't tell me Disney is getting too money-hungry? Toy Story 3 ended up splendidly, they don't need to make another movie. If they do, why can't they just divided into a series? They have done a few episodes. Anyone seen Toy Story of Terror? It was surprisingly good. Please don't tell me they are going to exploit their popularity like they have done with so many things? smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#44 Posted: 21:17:11 08/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
Don't tell me Disney is getting too money-hungry? Toy Story 3 ended up splendidly, they don't need to make another movie. If they do, why can't they just divided into a series? They have done a few episodes. Anyone seen Toy Story of Terror? It was surprisingly good. Please don't tell me they are going to exploit their popularity like they have done with so many things? smilie

TSOT was great!

SCALPERS!
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#45 Posted: 22:51:05 09/11/2014
Quote: Big Green

You've provided no reason as to why it didn't need to be made.

By your logic I guess Toy Story 2 had no point in being made, in fact, screw Toy Story all together, y'know what? There's no real point in any other movie needing to be made so let's just shut down the movie industry completely.

calm down dude, i gave my reason why i don't like toy story 3 in another thread. it's the same movie as toy story 2. it has the same plot, stinky pete and lotso are the exact same character, and the ending was just holding peoples childhood in front of their faces until they cried. it's easy money

i still enjoyed toy story 3 but it has some really lazy writing
#46 Posted: 05:45:18 10/11/2014
Quote: pankakesparx456

I think you're missing the point of why people are uproaring about the 4th film.

Toy Story doesn't need a 4th movie. Toy Story 3 ended on a high note for the series, what with Andy finally giving up his toys to a new owner and moving on to adulthood. The whole ending symbolized growing up and letting go of your childhood, and many people who viewed this movie were kids moving into teenhood or teens going to adulthood. This is why people think a 4th film, let alone all the short films made about it afterwards shouldn't be released; Toy Story grew up with its audience. It knew exactly what it should've been and should've stopped at 3 because its entire morals and themes are about childhood and growing up in life. Making Toy Story 4 would break this whole setup that made Toy Story successful. By making a new movie and disregarding that fans have grown up and have finished with the films, they completely forget what Toy Story is and what it should be; a story about growing up. Toy Story 4 being made shows that Pixar has completely forgotten what they envisioned for the Toy Story trilogy.

Unlike sequels that people have been asking for, like Finding Dory and Incredibles 2, no one asked for Toy Story 4 because it isn't needed. The films even being considered shows that Pixar doesn't care about what they originally wanted to accomplish with Toy Story.

And yes, John Lasseter has made excellent films in the past, but if Pixar was smart, they wouldn't let Lasseter direct because of him directing Cars and Cars 2. These films show that his quality is declining, and Pixar would be smart to even just consider the position. M. Night Shyamalan started with a promising career, and look where he is now.

Lasseter's flops with Cars and Cars 2 show that he's finally starting to lose touch. And this has been shown with Pixar lately, as ever since Toy Story 3, Pixar movies haven't been getting NEAR the critical acclaim that their previous films have gotten; Cars 2 was the studio's first flop, and Brave and Monsters University did get favorable reception, but it wasn't even close to Pixar's normal reception.

While this shows that Pixar is showing no signs of ever making bad films besides Cars, it shows that their quality is starting to decline. And this further adds onto the fact that Toy Story 4 shouldn't exist. It may be a decent movie to say the least, but that doesn't mean it will match the reception that previous Pixar films have gotten, let alone make people actually want Toy Story 4 besides kids that will watch anything.

After reading what you've had to say I kind of agree with you, and I respect your opinion on the subject but from taking what you said with the fact we grew up with it and in a sense Andy is a personification of us as an audience growing up; we have grown up, and some of us who have grown up with Toy Story are even married or have kids, so the passing on of the Toys can also be interpreted as a passing on of our time with Toy Story to the next generation of viewers as the new generation of kids are still young and will now grow up with their own Toy Story.

I can respect the fact it isn't needed but I still don't personally have a problem with it being made.
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#47 Posted: 05:45:42 10/11/2014
man you losers will argue over anything
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me