Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Black Friday 2014- Sales and stuff are posted here!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Black Friday 2014- Sales and stuff are posted here! [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 19:17:37 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello! have you waited to buy trap team to get the best deal? now you can plan!

DEALS-

SAM'S CLUB- Trap team regular starter packs 37.88 each.

[User Posted Image]

KMART- B2G1 Free on swappers and giants ONLY and 14.99 swap force adventure, battle, and triple packs

[User Posted Image]

TARGET-

All trap masters $10.00

Trap team starter pack 39.99

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

BEST BUY-

Starter pack 49.99 and free volcanic eruptor with it

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

SHOPKO-

Trap Team starter pack 49.99

[User Posted Image]

WALMART-

All trap masters $9

starter pack $37

[User Posted Image]

TOYS R US-

(THURSDAY 5pm) BOGO 70 percent off all skylanders and traps
starter pack $37

(FRIDAY 7am) BOGO 40 percent off all skylanders and traps
starter pack $50
4 for 10 on all SSA figures
BOGO 70 percent off giants and swap force
swap force wii u bundle 199.99

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

GAMESTOP-

Adventure Packs 20.00
collapsable storage case half off
guide 15 dollars off

[User Posted Image]

THINGS OUT ON BLACK FRIDAY OR WITHIN THE BF TIMELINE-

GAMESTOP-

Eon's Elite Trigger Happy (was also reservable on november 1st only)

[User Posted Image]

TARGET-

Trap 8 pack (With steamed broccoli guy)

TOYS R US-

Micro comic fun packs (all 3, with legendary trap)

THIS TOPIC WILL BE UPDATED AS THINGS ARE REVEALED.
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 17:18:01 17/11/2014 by ZapNorris
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#2 Posted: 20:22:15 01/11/2014
I'm getting too old for that crap! Lol, nah, I still go, but the only bad thing now is that it starts way before Friday..My kids think that is what the holidays are all about, wrong!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:05 01/11/2014 by skylander_chaos
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 20:26:06 01/11/2014
Wish I actually had those in my country. People in here care little enough for the stores to raise the prices to the roof one week before and then pretend it's a special sale during Black Friday. Even those that do real sales make it nothing out of the ordinary, and with the Skylanders prices around here 20% off is hardly going to make me buy it in here instead of Ebay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 20:34:53 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
i'm gonna go for the DI disney originals and eon's elite triggs. I heard gamestop opens at midnight for Black friday.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 20:58:17 01/11/2014
I'm really hoping that the starter packs will be on sale but then another part of me really doesn't. I'll be dropping about $150+ on the week before Thanksgiving, and will be out of town for the first time on Black Friday.

I'm assuming some stores will have other-non starter pack deals so I may just try to pick up some figures when I can and wait for another deal on starter packs to come along if I do end up missing out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 23:04:04 01/11/2014
I hear walmarts opening at 4pm thanjsgiving day...really hating how they are opening on a day of family time.
#7 Posted: 23:39:51 01/11/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
I hear walmarts opening at 4pm thanjsgiving day...really hating how they are opening on a day of family time.

My sediments exactly!
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#8 Posted: 00:03:23 02/11/2014
I couldn't be more pumped for Black Friday. Been holding off on buying the starter pack because its been like $37 the past few years. So I expect the same this year. And figures go on sale as well. Looking to pick up DI 2.0 as well since I recently gt into that.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 00:32:15 02/11/2014

A.) Nothing has been announced yet and only a very small circle of people know the details (if they've even been finalized).

B.) If you don't like it, don't shop there. Paying lipservice to not liking it means nothing if you still give them money. :D
#10 Posted: 00:53:50 02/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LoveProfusion15
I couldn't be more pumped for Black Friday. Been holding off on buying the starter pack because its been like $37 the past few years. So I expect the same this year. And figures go on sale as well. Looking to pick up DI 2.0 as well since I recently gt into that.

good!
#11 Posted: 02:20:20 02/11/2014
Quote: UncleBob

A.) Nothing has been announced yet and only a very small circle of people know the details (if they've even been finalized).

B.) If you don't like it, don't shop there. Paying lipservice to not liking it means nothing if you still give them money. smilie

I wont be there. Ill be with my family as dinner is at 6 and i have company coming as early as 2. It just sucks that a larger group of ppl cant just be off and spend time with loved ones. Only ppl working should be cops, doctors etc. Emergency personal.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#12 Posted: 18:33:09 02/11/2014
I might pick up some DI figs only if there's a really good deal on them somewhere. And no matter what, I'll just shop around during the middle of the day on Friday, there's no way I'm going out at midnight.

On a semi-related note, does anyone think that there will be any good Black Friday sales on the next-gen consoles? (PS4 or XB1) It might actually be worth fighting an early morning crowd if it meant saving $100 or more.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#13 Posted: 19:00:37 02/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: nocturnalnathan
I might pick up some DI figs only if there's a really good deal on them somewhere. And no matter what, I'll just shop around during the middle of the day on Friday, there's no way I'm going out at midnight.

On a semi-related note, does anyone think that there will be any good Black Friday sales on the next-gen consoles? (PS4 or XB1) It might actually be worth fighting an early morning crowd if it meant saving $100 or more.

Starting today XBONES (with no kinect) are only $350 at all stores, not a part of a timed deal. if a store added a BF deal on top of that, i don't care where it is, i'm getting it.

And target is doing b2g1free on all games/game figures next sunday, including the new disney originals (stitch, merida, aladdin, baymax, ect) so i'll wait till then to get them.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#14 Posted: 20:48:30 02/11/2014
walmart?
no.
no..
no...
no....
no.....
no......
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#15 Posted: 00:41:07 03/11/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: nocturnalnathan

Starting today XBONES (with no kinect) are only $350 at all stores, not a part of a timed deal. if a store added a BF deal on top of that, i don't care where it is, i'm getting it.

And target is doing b2g1free on all games/game figures next sunday, including the new disney originals (stitch, merida, aladdin, baymax, ect) so i'll wait till then to get them.

They're $350 until January 5th so it is kind of a timed deal
---
words. letters. filler.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#16 Posted: 05:50:09 03/11/2014
I assume Toys r Us will be doing another BOGO 70% for Trap Team characters and BOGO Free for Swap Force. Giants may be deeply discounted. Last year I got the starter pack from Walmart as they sold it a wek before black friday for $37.50. Hope they do the same again.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#17 Posted: 06:53:51 03/11/2014
I assume Toys r Us will be doing another BOGO 70% for Trap Team characters and BOGO Free for Swap Force. Giants may be deeply discounted. Last year I got the starter pack from Walmart as they sold it a wek before black friday for $37.50. Hope they do the same again.

Even if the figures at TRU are BOGO 70% on Black Friday, it is NOT a good sale. It equates out to 35% off if you get 2 of the same kind of character (Trapmaster or core), but you have to figure in the extra $1-2 they charge for figures. You're better off going to Target next week with the buy 2 get 1 free...you can get your figures at 33% off without the inflated prices and avoid the craziness of Black Friday.
#18 Posted: 07:55:57 03/11/2014
Quote: mastermc54

Even if the figures at TRU are BOGO 70% on Black Friday, it is NOT a good sale. It equates out to 35% off if you get 2 of the same kind of character (Trapmaster or core), but you have to figure in the extra $1-2 they charge for figures. You're better off going to Target next week with the buy 2 get 1 free...you can get your figures at 33% off without the inflated prices and avoid the craziness of Black Friday.

I plan to take advantage of the target deal, its been the one I've been waiting for to finally get some singles.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#19 Posted: 09:15:33 03/11/2014
Skylanders are apparently going to be 30% off at most where I work.
#20 Posted: 01:38:39 08/11/2014 | Topic Creator
sorry for the (fist) bump, but here's our first deal- Sam's Club!

[User Posted Image]
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#21 Posted: 02:10:20 08/11/2014
I wonder if with the Sam's Club deal, if Wal-Mart will have the same thing. Last year they had Black Friday specials a week before, and that was when I picked up the first Disney Infinity.

And to confirm what someone asked above, yes, Gamestop DOES open at Midnight on Black Friday.
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#22 Posted: 12:49:11 08/11/2014
I had TRU price match the low cost of the figure and then give me the sales. It was not easy. The registers would not alow it.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#23 Posted: 18:07:01 10/11/2014
Target:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#24 Posted: 00:40:39 11/11/2014
Im excited for Target. I can get trap team and 4 trap masters for nearly the same price of the starter pack.
#25 Posted: 00:42:47 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
i'm gonna get bushwhack on black friday. (and stitch, hiro, maleficent and hawkeye)
#26 Posted: 01:53:54 11/11/2014
Quote: LightStarStrike
Im excited for Target. I can get trap team and 4 trap masters for nearly the same price of the starter pack.

If you dont want to take the chance of not finding what you want this week at target with the buy 2 get 1 free comes out to about $10 each for them. If you only want 4, you could just buy 6 and return 2 and you will get back your extra $20.

The starter pack at 37.99/39.99 aint bad, prob the best we will see until may/june which we might hit 29.99 or less. If sam's club has it more then likely Walmart will also (not confirmed). Target prob will match sam's clubs price howeever its black friday.(or black Thursday now?) so idk if $2 is worth waiting for someone.

Now i get to decide get the regular now or wait till june hmm. I might be working thursday night since on my side my siblings all have work and my wives side is all in retail/restaurants so they all have work, so sort of pointless to be home alone on a holiday.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:01 11/11/2014 by SlayerX11
#27 Posted: 15:37:38 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Well best buy's ad leaked.

The only skylanders deal is that the starter will be only 49.99 and you get volcanic eruptor free with it.

BUT... they will also offer the starter on sale as part of a early sales promo, so you can "beat the crowds!"

the price hasn't been posted yet, but will be on 11/20

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#28 Posted: 15:53:13 11/11/2014
Well best buy's ad leaked.

The only skylanders deal is that the starter will be only 49.99 and you get volcanic eruptor free with it.

BUT... they will also offer the starter on sale as part of a early sales promo, so you can "beat the crowds!"

the price hasn't been posted yet, but will be on 11/20

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Only at best buy? (VE) that's some bull!
---
#29 Posted: 00:19:25 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
new stuff from shopko. (never heard of the place.)

[User Posted Image]
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#30 Posted: 01:59:19 12/11/2014
Will any of these be online?
#31 Posted: 02:48:50 12/11/2014
Quote: LightStarStrike
Will any of these be online?

Best Buy usually has lots of their Black Friday game and movie deals online (a day or so before Black Friday). Amazon also has their lightning deals during Thanksgiving week...I think Swap Force was between $36 and $40 last year, but only for a few hours at Amazon. Keep and eye out on Walmart.com and Target.com starting a week before Black Friday. The sales seem to have a presence online earlier and earlier every year.
#32 Posted: 14:44:27 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Walmart has a good deal on trap masters this Black Friday-

9 bucks each.

And the starter will also be $37.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#33 Posted: 14:51:50 12/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos

I believe Volcanic Eruptor is a Best Buy exclusive outside of the 3DS pack. I would say the single pack is exclusive, but it doesn't really come in an actual package...just a plastic bag (as far I recall people saying).

As for Walmart, here are there deals for Black Friday (starting 6 PM on Thanksgiving):

[User Posted Image]

Starter Pack: $37
Trap Masters: $9

By far, the best prices. My only issue is that I was wanting to get Legendaries, so I'm not sure where I will shop. We haven't seen TRU, yet, but I wouldn't doubt they'll still be B1G1 70% off, which would make their Trap Masters more like $11. Not sure how much I will have to spend on Black Friday, so I'm not sure if I want to go to TRU just to pick up the Legendaries at a good price. I wonder if they'll PM on Black Friday. Even if they don't PM and give me 70% the second, it's still a better deal. Though whether or not they'll PM Legendaries, since they are TRU exclusive, will probably be a YMMV. Last year, though, I believe Walmart had their starter pack price up early on their website. I had thought I picked up the game at TRU, but remember picking it up at Target with the PM and a deal to get a free figure. I wonder if they'll do the same, this year (especially since Best Buy is claiming to do it on the 20th, though we don't have a price). I was just hoping for a deal on the dark starter. TRU was my only hope for that, since they have more stock and the only place I've seen XBox 360.

Surprised Swap Force and Giants characters are still listed as $9. And, so far, no sales on cores (I assume TRU will probably have a B1G1% on all Trap Team, though).

I also included DI just because it was easier to screen grab and for those who might be interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:32 12/11/2014 by obidawsn
#34 Posted: 22:08:36 12/11/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: skylander_chaos

I believe Volcanic Eruptor is a Best Buy exclusive outside of the 3DS pack. I would say the single pack is exclusive, but it doesn't really come in an actual package...just a plastic bag (as far I recall people saying).

As for Walmart, here are there deals for Black Friday (starting 6 PM on Thanksgiving):

[User Posted Image]

Starter Pack: $37
Trap Masters: $9

By far, the best prices. My only issue is that I was wanting to get Legendaries, so I'm not sure where I will shop. We haven't seen TRU, yet, but I wouldn't doubt they'll still be B1G1 70% off, which would make their Trap Masters more like $11. Not sure how much I will have to spend on Black Friday, so I'm not sure if I want to go to TRU just to pick up the Legendaries at a good price. I wonder if they'll PM on Black Friday. Even if they don't PM and give me 70% the second, it's still a better deal. Though whether or not they'll PM Legendaries, since they are TRU exclusive, will probably be a YMMV. Last year, though, I believe Walmart had their starter pack price up early on their website. I had thought I picked up the game at TRU, but remember picking it up at Target with the PM and a deal to get a free figure. I wonder if they'll do the same, this year (especially since Best Buy is claiming to do it on the 20th, though we don't have a price). I was just hoping for a deal on the dark starter. TRU was my only hope for that, since they have more stock and the only place I've seen XBox 360.

Surprised Swap Force and Giants characters are still listed as $9. And, so far, no sales on cores (I assume TRU will probably have a B1G1% on all Trap Team, though).

I also included DI just because it was easier to screen grab and for those who might be interested.

$9 beats targets current deal which after buying 3 puts them at $10 each. Im still debating on getting that starter as i haev the dark and just want the regular of foodfight and snapshot
#35 Posted: 23:21:02 12/11/2014
Keep in mind selection is going to stink come Black Friday depending on what time you go. My Target had zero Swap Force Skylanders figures left in stock on the weekend after Black Friday. I was quite surprised at seeing all the empty pegs...a first for me.
#36 Posted: 00:07:09 13/11/2014
@slayerx11.. Might as well since those 2 figures alone go for more than $37 on ebay right now.. And as far as selection, just go hide the figures and other stuff you want now, so it will be there come Black Friday smilie
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#37 Posted: 15:08:43 13/11/2014
Just an FYI, Target's B2G1 on all games deal going on this week works for Skylanders and Infinity figures (not Infinity playsets, but Skylanders Adventure Packs do work). And you don't have to fight the crowds. You can even mix and match with Infinity/Skylanders. With a Red Card and equal priced items it is almost 40% off each item (assuming you pick 3). I got the four mini packs as well as Iron Fist and Hiro for Infinity which worked out great since they were all $13.99.

If you are in the market, check the BF ads and if the games/figures you are interested in aren't in them or a better deal, you can't do much better than this normally.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:12 13/11/2014 by defpally
#38 Posted: 00:58:49 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
TRU's ad has been posted, and BOGO 70 percent off is back!!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#39 Posted: 01:13:09 14/11/2014

It's not an exciting ad at all. It's about what I figured, though. Trap Masters will be cheaper elsewhere. I'm just not sure what to do about the Legendaries. The deal is only good from 5 PM - 9 PM. I'm not sure I can make it or want to fight the crowds just for them. If they would price match the $9 (even on Legendaries), then maybe. Since the sale is all inclusive of Trap Team figures and traps, it's the only deal on cores and traps. I was hoping for, at least, a free trap with purchase or something. I was also hoping for a long shot deal on the dark starter, but I guess the stock is too limited for that. If only they would have just set a 50% off Trap Team starter packs to include both. But the $37.50 is probably part of a deal they made with Activision to buy in bulk for Black Friday and they didn't get such a deal for the dark starters. The small time limit and lack of other deals may keep me from there, this year. Walmart, at least, has the prices available through Friday. They'll probably still have some starter packs left, though the figure pickings may be thin. Since their prices are good through Friday, I wonder if TRU will PM on Friday as well. Though, again, they may not PM Legendaries (it will probably be a YMMV situation) and no deal on traps and cores.
#40 Posted: 01:36:37 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
So all we're really missing is gamestop's ad. they might have a good sale on eon's elite, and last year they had swap force dark starters 20 bucks off. Hoping we get a good deal on TT starters/figures at gamestop (and they had an amazing infinity deal last year..)
#41 Posted: 02:49:17 14/11/2014
Just wanted to post entire page of TRU sales..

[User Posted Image]
Also states $37.50 for starter packs..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:28 14/11/2014 by skylander_chaos
#42 Posted: 03:35:39 14/11/2014

Why so excited? The TRU sale is garbage for Trapmasters...$17 for the first one and $5.10 for he second = $22.50 for 2 which works out of $11.25 each. They're $9-10 elsewhere. The TRU markup really kills sales. Cores work out to $14.30 for 2, so I think the $7.15 price point is the best price for core characters. If triple packs are part of the TRU sale, those will probably be your best bet as the net price per Skylander will be under $7 with the purchase of 2 triple packs. I'm all math'ed out for this evening. Good night folks!
BeBoss Green Sparx Gems: 443
#43 Posted: 04:51:33 14/11/2014
I will be hitting walmart and maybe toysrus to pick 10$ for 3 spyros adventure. Not that impressed with their disney infinity and STT sale.
---
My friend code for the 3ds is 3024 - 7878 - 9881. Let's play!
#44 Posted: 09:01:09 14/11/2014
So far it looks as if Im just going to work thanksgiving night as they sales aint enough for me to pass on double time. Wife is more then likely working thursday night. Going have a thanksgiving day dinner wed or thursday afternoon. If I can somehow go out on break i'll prob hit up walmart maybe for the starter sets but i only want the figures so I might just wait till a 29.99 or lower sale in june or try ebay for them alone.
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#45 Posted: 20:29:15 14/11/2014
I wish GameStop would release their ad soon! I'm going to pick up my Eon's Elite TH that day. What time do they normally open on Black Friday?
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
#46 Posted: 18:57:44 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DobermanOwner
I wish GameStop would release their ad soon! I'm going to pick up my Eon's Elite TH that day. What time do they normally open on Black Friday?

They will not be open on thanksgiving but will open at midnight on BF.
#47 Posted: 16:50:08 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Gamestop's ad is out!

5 dollars of adventure packs. That's really it!
#48 Posted: 18:02:33 17/11/2014
Gamestop's ad is out!

5 dollars of adventure packs. That's really it!

GameStop Black Friday ad for Skylanders is garbage. All single figures regular price! Oh yay! The $5 off indicates Nightmare Express only...no mention of Mirror of Mystery. They must think that people stopping in for their Elite figures will get tempted to buy other figures at regular prices. Once again, GameStop is a big fail when it comes to trying to drum up sales. It's like they don't want to get rid of their existing stock of Skylanders products.
#49 Posted: 18:26:35 17/11/2014
Very true, I only go to gamestop for the extra trade credit, point use, and free skylander coupons.. As far the sales, yeah, always a bust!
---
#50 Posted: 18:50:57 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
i hope it applies for MOM...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me