Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Is darkSpyro dying? [CLOSED]
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#1 Posted: 14:03:37 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Or is it only growing? I can't tell :?
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#2 Posted: 14:15:23 01/11/2014
Stuff And Nonsense isn't really growing, but darkSpyro definitely is.
OPINION ALERT.
---
now its time to get funky
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 14:47:27 01/11/2014
Stuff And Nonsense is dying, since those people that type here have no interest in spyro and skylanders, find other places that fit their needs... its that simple.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#4 Posted: 15:31:35 01/11/2014
its going into hibernation
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#5 Posted: 15:49:10 01/11/2014
Your mom makes my Darkspyro grow!
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#6 Posted: 15:54:46 01/11/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Stuff And Nonsense is dying, since those people that type here have no interest in spyro and skylanders, find other places that fit their needs... its that simple.

Speak for yourself. I really wish people would stop assuming this.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#7 Posted: 16:15:18 01/11/2014
Some parts are growing, some parts are dying.

I don't think we'll have anything to worry about though. Eventually the Skylanders-fans will migrate here too.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 16:15:35 01/11/2014
No. Skylanders players are constantly joining and activity is going up from them.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#9 Posted: 16:45:35 01/11/2014

again

what the **** does that have to do with anything
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#10 Posted: 17:24:45 01/11/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

^This. I still care about Spyro too...

-----
Eh, I don't know about shrinking...
But maybe the Skylanders Sections are growing??
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#11 Posted: 17:57:01 01/11/2014
Merge Idle chatter and S&N. Idle chatter seems so useless nowadays.
#12 Posted: 18:03:49 01/11/2014
I haven't really noticed many differences, tbh. Some users have joined, some have left, but as for the amount of activity it seems to be about the same.. at least to me, anyway.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#13 Posted: 18:09:25 01/11/2014

This.....
---
ded
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#14 Posted: 18:28:55 01/11/2014
Quote: Cynderfan507
No, no, it isn't dying. More Skylanders fans are joining and the Skylanders sections are growing. Some people in S&N have been a bit more inactive...
I can tell that there's a major difference between how things here were when I joined last year and how things are now. Last year, there were more interesting topics and a lot of active users in S&N. Now a lot of the topics aren't interesting, and activity has just been a bit slow. But that's just fine. S&N isn't dying, it's just... Being lazy! smilie yeah, that's it.
Eventually, some Skylanders fans will come to S&N and it'll be more active again.

While I hate it when people act this way towards new people, I have to wonder if that's really for the best. The Skylanders userbase is overall younger than the average S&N user and I can't help but feel like either the quality of threads will drop, or we'll have a lot more drama from kids taking things too seriously.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#15 Posted: 18:30:40 01/11/2014
have you seen the most active users thing
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#16 Posted: 18:33:28 01/11/2014
Quote: CAV
No, no, it isn't dying. More Skylanders fans are joining and the Skylanders sections are growing. Some people in S&N have been a bit more inactive...
I can tell that there's a major difference between how things here were when I joined last year and how things are now. Last year, there were more interesting topics and a lot of active users in S&N. Now a lot of the topics aren't interesting, and activity has just been a bit slow. But that's just fine. S&N isn't dying, it's just... Being lazy! smilie yeah, that's it.
Eventually, some Skylanders fans will come to S&N and it'll be more active again.

While I hate it when people act this way towards new people, I have to wonder if that's really for the best. The Skylanders userbase is overall younger than the average S&N user and I can't help but feel like either the quality of threads will drop, or we'll have a lot more drama from kids taking things too seriously.

..... I am offended.
(Not really smilie)
---
now its time to get funky
#17 Posted: 19:13:27 01/11/2014
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
I can tell that there's a major difference between how things here were when I joined last year and how things are now. Last year, there were more interesting topics and a lot of active users in S&N. Now a lot of the topics aren't interesting, and activity has just been a bit slow. But that's just fine. S&N isn't dying, it's just... Being lazy! :) yeah, that's it.

..... I am offended.
(Not really XD)

And that's why you're the perfect example.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 19:39:04 01/11/2014

Stop being a kappapopm... oh wait.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#19 Posted: 19:41:39 01/11/2014

^Right there with sista.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 20:33:30 01/11/2014

You mean to tell me that my brilliant scheme to keep the board alive by injecting it with e-adrenaline is failing? ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#21 Posted: 01:05:17 02/11/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro

it's kinda true. people like you and i still care about spyro, but from what i can tell a very decent amount of users here don't. not all, but still.

I've never played a Spyro game before and have no intention of ever doing so! :D (Not counting Skylanders)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#22 Posted: 01:30:08 02/11/2014
I do not think that dS is dying. It is just going through some hard times considering its development etc. We must remember that this site, especially its dS forum community is built by its members.

The biggest reason why this place most likely will have demand is the one thing that Samius said. Which went in a nutshell like this: eventually this forum will serve as a platform for people to interact with each other even without commitment to a video game series. At least that is what I figured out from his point. I don’t know if I interpreted it wrongly.

Let us face the fact that most of the people who liked Classics or TLoS either perished or adapted and became permanent customers of S & N and Idle Chatter. That tells a story. When the franchise goes down (and Skylanders will end, it will… every beginning has its end… it is law of things to come) the fans actually start to invest their dedications to this site in form of everyday life interactions with other fans of living, soon-to-be deceased and deceased franchises which consists of sharing common life experiences and supporting and listening to one another.

So all in all I think that dS is not dying if the people around here want to continue common journey. If the people have formed some kind of efficient and emotionally profitable relationships with each other, this site will probably remain. The biggest challenge is to evolve throughout the times and I must say that one of this place’s biggest sustainable decisions was to become one of the leading if not the leading Skylander’s info and community site. The key to ultimate success is in efficient and reasonable evolution with the people that have something to do with the franchise. At least that is what I think.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#23 Posted: 02:42:53 02/11/2014
I STILL CARE ABOUT SPYRO
---
oh my god
#24 Posted: 02:43:48 02/11/2014
Are you dying?
Or are you growing? I can't tell
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#25 Posted: 02:48:09 02/11/2014
are we human
or are we dancer
---
oh my god
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#26 Posted: 03:05:04 02/11/2014
don't worry, i have an idea

#27 Posted: 03:19:59 02/11/2014
Quote: crystalhero37

Not if I kill first!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#28 Posted: 03:31:26 02/11/2014
Quote: somePerson

Not if I kill first!

NO NO NO I'M OUT OF HERE
#29 Posted: 03:33:38 02/11/2014
here comes the Spongebob spam
---
oh my god
#30 Posted: 03:36:20 02/11/2014
Quote: somePerson

Not if I kill first!

NO NO NO I'M OUT OF HERE

I knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy that can kidnap people.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#31 Posted: 11:57:48 02/11/2014

But that's the way it was before, right? When we were all kids.

We've come a full circle.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#32 Posted: 19:30:58 02/11/2014
Quote: Samius
I can tell that there's a major difference between how things here were when I joined last year and how things are now. Last year, there were more interesting topics and a lot of active users in S&N. Now a lot of the topics aren't interesting, and activity has just been a bit slow. But that's just fine. S&N isn't dying, it's just... Being lazy! :) yeah, that's it.

But that's the way it was before, right? When we were all kids.

We've come a full circle.

Eh, if anything I think there are just more extremes. You see a lot of older members (like parents) and some kids. But I'd still say the average age is, like, 14. Which is probably what it was back in 2007 too. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
robbiepayne97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#33 Posted: 19:37:50 02/11/2014
i don't really think so. we had over 700 users online at one time in september. before that was 365 users in november 2008.
---
furry for 13 years and counting! <3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:39:22 02/11/2014 by robbiepayne97
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me