Page 1 of 1
3DS version - Is it worth it?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1 Posted: 14:11:59 31/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I need help deciding whether or not to get the 3DS version of Trap Team. I've never found the 3DS Skylanders games as good as I expected (especially Giants), so I was wondering;

- Does anyone think it's better than the previous games?

- How many levels are there? More or less than the other three games?

- Are the playable villains as good as the ones on the console version?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#2 Posted: 14:52:01 31/10/2014
I think people who enjoyed Swap Force 3DS should get it. If you don't, then skip this too. You can always wait for a big sale and scoop it then. Target has B2GO Free starting 11/9
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 15:43:23 31/10/2014
3ds giants was no good... ssa,sf and tt for the 3ds is good games and have new stories. also 3ds tt have online skystone and you can get the rainbow hat before finishing the console version of tt on nightmare.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:17 31/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 16:29:42 31/10/2014
Gusto and Barkly are good enough reasons to buy the 3DS
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 16:33:35 31/10/2014
Has enough changed from SF 3DS, or does it still feel the same?
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#6 Posted: 17:57:03 31/10/2014
How do the new characters play on the 3DS version? What are their upgrades? I'm debating on whether I should ask for this game for Christmas.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#7 Posted: 19:55:16 31/10/2014
Well, what can I say?

It doesn't use resources and modelled recycled endlessly, it actually has fresh, and half decent models (The cutscenes are more like a story book than an actual FMV), level design is quite nice, and the villain gimmick carries over nicely, working in a different fashion from the console version.

Characters work differently quite nicely, one example is how Chopper is a complete force of nature in the 3DS games (Not saying he's not good, but godamn, he really rips it up).

I can't say for Mirror of Mystery yet, but Nightmare express unlocks a sort of wave based challenge rather than a half assed level, and thematically it's actually quite appropriate beyond "Flynn's wacky imagination".

Hats are found on a randomised basis, every time you grab a hat box, you'll find a hat you don't have yet, so replaying a level will score new hats!

The storyline? Eh, pretty lackluster, and probably the weakest of the lot in my opinion.

Personally I think it's worthwhile, if you discount the storyline.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 19:59:40 31/10/2014
They actually added in the characters from the Skylanders novels, the Warrior Librarions and even the Eternal Archives.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#9 Posted: 20:01:09 31/10/2014
I am waiting for Black Friday and am going to pick up the 3DS starter pack. So if you were going to get it I would at least wait till then.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
#10 Posted: 20:57:05 31/10/2014
As I've said before in these topics, it's only worth it to level your skylanders for the major console version, imo. Trap Team is the weakest of the 3DS games by far. The levels are super annoying and the villian mechanic is very weak. I didn't enjoy replaying levels since you cannot skip cut scenes.

My game is being used atm to spam the Nightmare Express challenge were you see how many waves you can do in 10 minutes for experience.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me