Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > PSA: Collection Vault iOS seems to be working again
Page 1 of 1
PSA: Collection Vault iOS seems to be working again [CLOSED]
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#1 Posted: 13:33:40 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
On Oct. 5th Activision pushed out an update to the iOS Skylanders Collection Vault that was supposed to add Trap Team figures. What it actually did for me and a lot of others was completely break the app and cause it to freeze on the load screen. The solution was to uninstall and reinstall but doing so would wipe your collection data.

Fortunately yesterday they released and update that seems to have fixed this issue and I was able to get back in to the app and all the data was still there.

I'm no fan of this app but at the moment it is the best option I have to make sure I always have a current list with me when I'm out shopping. Anyone out there have a better system for keeping track of their collection?
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#2 Posted: 17:21:36 30/10/2014
Could you please look at the space this app is taken from your iDevice storage - not only the app itself (~1Gb afaik) but with all data it stores - and how many Skylanders you entered into it?
Thanks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:23:03 30/10/2014 by Rom713
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#3 Posted: 20:11:40 30/10/2014
Quote: Rom713
Could you please look at the space this app is taken from your iDevice storage - not only the app itself (~1Gb afaik) but with all data it stores - and how many Skylanders you entered into it?
Thanks.

The last time I bothered to use this app, I had 150+ Skylanders entered and it was eating somewhere between 5-6GB, which is ridiculous. I basically quit using it when I got tired of re-adding all of my Skylanders after every update. The app wouldn't wipe out my data when I'd go through an update, but it would break 90%+ of the graphical elements that were eating up so much space and end up not showing anything in those areas. I don't know if this has stopped on the newest updates, but even with a 32GB iPad, the space requirements on this thing are absolutely ridiculous.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#4 Posted: 20:29:05 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
First off, didn't mean that to sound like an endorsement of the app. There are so many things I don't like about it, even to the point I've thought about developing my own web app. But I know there was once a better app out there that Activision bullied out of the app store so I haven't pursued that.

I currently have 105 skylanders in there but I'm only about halfway through putting Trap Team and a few other misc. ones in. Let's say under 120 by the time I'm done.

The usage info in settings says the app is 600mb and the data is 1 GB. So 1.6 GB total, give or take.

Personally, don't think that is all too bad considering what they show you with the app. Given how much size retina assets take up and the amount of info they include, I feel like that is pretty reasonable.

My biggest gripe with the app is overall UI sluggishness and unresponsiveness. Again, would love to hear some creative ways other people are managing their collections. I used to be able to keep up with it in my head but somewhere around Swap Force with the release of multiple bird-guy figures I stopped being able to keep them all straight without some help. Also I'm getting old so that could have something to do with it.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 20:38:19 30/10/2014
My collection is small so a list is fine, but I've seen people fill out the posters using the stickers to keep track. Doesn't help with variants but you can always make a separate list for them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#6 Posted: 21:44:10 30/10/2014
i am super low tech when it comes to my skylanders lists and keeping track of my collection.

I only collect the "in-game figures and variants", like dark and legendary, but not the "chase" figures, like glow in the dark or metallic.

What i have done from the start is to have a list of the next wave of figures in the "notes" app in my phone, and as i get them, delete them from the list.

I'll use the example of my list before i finished Swap Force as it shows it as it was at its most "complicated"

Quote:
Skylanders

Swap Force:
Lightcore BumbleBlast
QuickDraw RattleShake

Trap Team:
Wave 1:
Nitro Krypt King

Wave 2:
Bushwhack
Head Rush
Lobstar

Fist Bump
Tread Head
Jet Vac
Pop Fizz
Fryno

Mirror of Mystery

it is pretty much only useful if you get most figures as they are released, as even missing only one or two each wave it will get pretty unmanageable very fast.

but i have found it helps me keep track of what i need, and is easily sendable to my wife when she is out shopping without me.
the only slight issue has been traps, as they aren't labeled, so i've had to send the trap checklist image as well
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7 Posted: 19:22:51 31/10/2014
Yeah im kinda old tech myself...well more like ancient tech...lol.
Its called a notepad smilie...(one of those small 4" long by 2 1/2" wide spiral bound pads.)
[User Posted Image]
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#8 Posted: 06:11:24 01/11/2014
This app is just ok. It's very inconsistent as to which variants and even figures they decide to add, and it takes them forever to update. The main reason anyone would want to use this app is to know what's available and be able to track everything they own. Neither of these things can be done fully.
Ex. The new update doesn't include the new Nitro figure or Legendary Blades but has the other legendary figures. It also has all the minis, even ones that aren't out yet, but excludes two of them. I thought it was wierd that they would add some of the minis that weren't out, but only add waves 1 and 2 of the rest of trap team. There is no way to enter the traps you have collected. There isn't an easy way to find which figures you don't have if you already own at least one variation of that character (the only way is to click on each character individually and see if you are missing any variations). Many chase variants like the metallic, stone, sparkle...are included in the collection vault, but others like gold, flocked, silver, clear are not included. i think green gill grunt is included (not going to look right now) but others that came with systems like metallic wash buckler are not. Original minis with green and orange bases are not included...metallic gill grunt and shroom boom are not included....the list goes on and on.
One other complaint would be that there is an achievment for collecting all of them and I think the chase variants that they do have listed are included, making that achievment unattainable for anyone but the most die hard, rich fans.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 18:40:43 03/11/2014
^ They are totally half arsed on what they include. Lazy. Sloppy. Something.

I have the latest update (haven't started it since the update) and it's still on the loading screen. I don't want to wipe my data and start over. In fact, if I'm told to do that, I'll be done with the app forever.

EDIT: Oops. Downloading Oct 28 update. Crossing fingers.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:19 03/11/2014 by GhostRoaster
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 11:12:28 05/11/2014
the activision app is crap and the skylanderlister app guy should make a new version of his app. but this time without pictures (but option to upload your own pictures, add text etc) then releases it under a different name. activision will not be on his back again and we get a good app for our collections...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:14:22 05/11/2014 by CountMoneyBone
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 13:29:05 05/11/2014
App required 3.8GB of storage for it to update, and I had to clean some stuff up to get it to load, but it did--with my collection intact. After the update the app takes up 2.2GB. Unlike what others have said Legendaries are in it...but it seems they are only adding characters AS THEY ARE RELEASED.

However, the scrolling is very slow and feels glitchy.

So for those that had problems, make sure you have 4gb free and download the Oct 28th update.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:30:45 05/11/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me