Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Does the trap team mini jini have a delicate figure?
Page 1 of 1
Does the trap team mini jini have a delicate figure? [CLOSED]
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#1 Posted: 16:18:31 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I need to know before I put it in my skylander box as it looks like the head could come clean off easy.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#2 Posted: 17:06:02 18/10/2014
I don't own the Trap Team Mini-Jini, but my "old" Giants-era Mini-Jini figurine is one of the very few (out of hundreds of) figures in my household that broke. As you alluded to, her head is not secured very well (mostly due to the super-skinny neck on the figurine) and is liable to pop off. Fortunately, some super glue put her back together, but I'd recommend handling her with more care than other Skylanders.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#3 Posted: 17:43:06 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay, thsnk you!
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#4 Posted: 17:48:48 18/10/2014
She is quite a bit more delicate, so I recommend just treating her special and maybe keep her out of the box, I would do that with my GITD skylanders under the joke of "they dont play nice with others"
I havent put any of them in the giant transport tote I have since before trap team so I cant say much and the only figure that has received any sort of damage for me was chill... her arm fell off but I assumed from a bad glue job. I would say better safe than sorry on mini-jini.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#5 Posted: 21:26:55 18/10/2014
I can definitely vouch for mini jini having a delicate neck..... a few days after I bought the mini jini pack for trap team my cat pulled her off a shelf and left her in the middle of the room one night... I stepped on her, screamed bloody murder, and realized that she has now been decapitated.... LOL! at least Activision was really nice about it and are mailing me a replacement. smilie
#6 Posted: 22:11:03 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
^ I get replacements from acti all the time, glad they are doing mini replacements, I'll have to be careful with my Mini Jini, thanks guys!
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#7 Posted: 13:51:43 20/10/2014
Epic lloyd: how do the replacements work? Do you have to send the Broken one? My mini genie is broken too, as well as a wing that broke off of flash wing.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 13:59:50 20/10/2014
Both Mini Jini and Whisper Elf are rather delicate. I've not had them "break", but both came in weird positions in their mail envelope from the Frito Lay contest. Mini Jini looked like she was shrugging and Whisper Elf was doing her best Matrix impression. Whisper finally straightened out after a few days, but Jini always looks like she was a bit unsure of the current situation.

I did notice the painting on the new ones is a bit better than the old ones.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:35:23 20/10/2014 by defpally
#9 Posted: 15:00:49 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Unless it is an in game variant, no you don't need to send it back.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 16:05:09 20/10/2014
I wish I had thought about contacting Activision for mine. I don't know how many Skylanders I have that are broken. Mostly arms and heads falling off. My mini-jini lost her head a long time ago. Eye Small broke apart with those very skinny legs that hold him up. The sidekicks/minis were definitely not made to hold up well.

As for other Skylanders, My S1 Stealth Elf is practically decimated after the head and eventually arms fell off. My Legendary Chill lost her head and shield. My S2 Slam Bam lost an arm (but I was able to super glue it back into the socket). I've lost count of the rest. Some were probably just my 3yo getting a hold of them, but some were just not made that well (arms and heads falling out of their sockets and some pieces being too thin to hold up).
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#11 Posted: 18:53:54 20/10/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I don't own the Trap Team Mini-Jini, but my "old" Giants-era Mini-Jini figurine is one of the very few (out of hundreds of) figures in my household that broke. As you alluded to, her head is not secured very well (mostly due to the super-skinny neck on the figurine) and is liable to pop off. Fortunately, some super glue put her back together, but I'd recommend handling her with more care than other Skylanders.

Besides a few Giants that don't light up anymore the only one I ever broke was the Swap Force Trigger Happy. Pulled him right off the base when opening the package, contact cement fixed the problem. I've been really impressed with how sturdy the figures are. I was really careful with springtime Trigger Happy when he came out.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me