Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > So with all the quitting talk, is anyone else 'out' as far as this series?
Page 1 of 1
So with all the quitting talk, is anyone else 'out' as far as this series? [CLOSED]
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1 Posted: 18:32:34 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Serious question here. Given recent events while I truly love this stuff...it's going to be a painful reminder everytime I look at them of the cost, and I'm packing it all up. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun ride and I'll still stick around and talk about the game, but there won't be more figures for me to buy or more to collect. Just the sentiment that I want to pack most of it up, refund what I can, sell what I don't want to keep around, and just walk away.

We've heard a lot of folks go on that this game was going to be the end and so forth and so on, but I don't think I've seen many people truly quit. So is this finally the end of the line for anyone else?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:35:22 16/10/2014
Some users would say they 'quit' Skylanders and be all dramatic about it, but wound up getting the next game or buying more toys anyway. I don't really see the point in that, unless they do it to draw attention to themselves.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#3 Posted: 18:55:27 16/10/2014
I've never posted it...but I've contemplated stopping. My mind is leaning heavily towards it, as I've had the game since release day and still go towards Swap Force or even Giants on a nightly basis. There just seems to be SO much to do in Swap Force (HC, Quests, Arenas, Bonus Maps, Portal Master ranking etc). I'm going to sit down and play the PS4 Trap Team and see if I can beat it before another wave is released. I'd like to get the Mirror of Mystery or any additional levels...but multiple versions of figures needs to stop. I think maybe the only way it will work is to quit cold turkey!
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 19:36:38 16/10/2014
I'm considering making Trap Team my last /bought/ skylanders game, but not ragequit the fandom because X thing I don't like that some people seem to think that everyone deserves to know. It's so costly since I have to import half of it and even if the games are good, they won't be forever with the yearly release, or won't be worth waiting 2 months out of the main board to avoid spoilers. I'll still love what's good about it and follow it with LPs and the like, but the spending part already got to the point I'll finish my collection with Trap Team before I start actually regretting purchases. It's much easier to sell a game CD or trade it than a ton of toys that have little value to people in my country when they're out of the box. Doesn't mean that I'll yell at everyone for buying SKL5 and foward, more power to them for staying. But I think 4 games where most figures work(if I ever buy Swap Force's CD, if not even 3 is fine), plus Lost Islands being such a good quick distraction compared to the other freemium stuff for phones, is a nice place to stop.

So to say, it's the end of the line where I walk along the rest, but I'm still going to watch it from afar.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#5 Posted: 22:15:22 16/10/2014
Skylanders was something me and my ex collected, I just feel I lost my love for collecting/playing the game. I was given Trap Team but haven't even played it yet. I also feel like Toys for Bob has gotten really money hungry, I know I don't have to buy it all but I feel like its apart of the game lol. All in all I haven't full quit, but am not committed as much to it.
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 22:28:08 16/10/2014
So, you're wanting to quit because you got slapped on the hand for datamining?

I mean, as long as you pulled the stuff you showed, ActiBob should have let it go, right?

As for me, I get frustrated with the series at times, namely with the length of the games (which VV fixed by adding a crap load of modes), not being able to preorder or know specifically when certain characters are coming out, and not being able to 100% the game at release (like you could with SSA and SG), but none of it will ever get me to quit the franchise.

I'm in it until it's done, even if I complain.

I do think it's funny seeing people complain and swear off the game, but they always change their tune right before the newest game releases.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
SkylanderDrew Blue Sparx Gems: 663
#7 Posted: 22:49:27 16/10/2014
im done....

85% of my collection was sold and DI 2.0 is whats in....
---
"im just buying extras to TRADE or GIVE my friends"
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#8 Posted: 23:14:05 16/10/2014
Why be done? The game looks fun. Just buy it on sale later on and give it a go. I am not impressed with the actual toys this go round (IE: trapmaster figures and traps). They're both way too large. But the trapping portion of gameplay looks ridiculously fun and I know my son and I will enjoy it. The biggest thing isn't quitting or not quitting. The biggest issue is the cost and burning out chasing down the figures. Our household has one of each of the 80 unique characters (not variants or multis etc) from the first 3 games....and it has had its toll on us. This go will be 11 element traps...10 trapmasters...a few cores (only because they come with adventure packs and the starter pack) and that's it. I think that's more realistic as you just can't buy 40 new characters every single year. Giants was way more realistic at 16 new and unique characters. Swap force and this game just went way overboard...
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:55 16/10/2014 by Skylanders Dad
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 23:47:09 16/10/2014
I am going to wait a bit and try to give Disney Infinity a chance . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#10 Posted: 00:45:47 17/10/2014
I've got complete sets of all the toys from the first three games, but I haven't yet gotten anything from Trap Team. Part of me wants to start the collection again, but with Amiibo right around the corner...

Its been tough to resist diving in, but for now I'm staying out.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#11 Posted: 01:28:04 17/10/2014
i'm getting there. what drew me to the past two games was the dark editions, due to the exclusive figures for them and variants. i cut down collecting greatly from giants and i have so many. i would have stopped at the fire bone hot dog but trap team had a dark edition which gave everything i needed. i'm not seeing much to obtain beyond wave 1 except to have 1 each of the element masters for portals. got half of them already due to 2 in the dark starter, nitro krypt king and gear shift. i also won a few high fives already so that might be the last contest i'm taking part in unless they go back to website useage.

Quote: Skylanders Dad
Why be done? The game looks fun. Just buy it on sale later on and give it a go. I am not impressed with the actual toys this go round (IE: trapmaster figures and traps). They're both way too large. But the trapping portion of gameplay looks ridiculously fun and I know my son and I will enjoy it. The biggest thing isn't quitting or not quitting. The biggest issue is the cost and burning out chasing down the figures. Our household has one of each of the 80 unique characters (not variants or multis etc) from the first 3 games....and it has had its toll on us. This go will be 11 element traps...10 trapmasters...a few cores (only because they come with adventure packs and the starter pack) and that's it. I think that's more realistic as you just can't buy 40 new characters every single year. Giants was way more realistic at 16 new and unique characters. Swap force and this game just went way overboard...

i gotta agree here and the fact giants just felt more magical in the aspect of it being the first sequel everything felt great for it. now looking onto a 4th game...there's definite burn out at this as i still need to finish swap force and most of my figures sit sealed in bins. i still have to store trap team figures too. giants was also the last one with a rush to go find figures in stores, since then every store has had a way to make it easier in finding which ones to get. plus certain retailiers like toys r us end up with sales and the variant types so there hasn't been a need to run around and hunt for them any more.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:33:15 17/10/2014 by tigerdr
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#12 Posted: 02:26:40 17/10/2014
Geez...am I the only one that really enjoys Trap Team? I'd even go as far as saying it's my favorite! At the very least neck and neck with Giants. Despite it's flaws and Activision's embarrassing response to it's numerous unfixed glitches.

Giants was definitely the last game that seemed to have that "buzz" & demand, however.

Though I did recently ask EBgames/Gamestop here about the sales comparison/popularity to DI, and they said Skylanders still outsells DI in a big way.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#13 Posted: 02:30:16 17/10/2014
I to also im not quiting...i have all the main figures from all the other games..that 248 including the Trap Team figures i have so far..(thats figures an magic items together..not including the 27 Traps i have so far and the 24 figures i have done a repaint on)....yeah its costly...but it is spread out in waves to make them affordable. Altho i do wish the would release one of each element in the first 2 waves.

I agree with Skylanders Dad..the Trap Master's are to big, the Giants where spose to be the largest figures in and out of the game...I.E. GIANTS....NinJini was spose to be the tallest figure made...she is just 1/2 an inch taller then the tallest Trap Master i have. And it looks like Blastermind is very tall.

Also im going to have to figure out where to put them...all of the Trap Team figures (once i get them all) won't fit on my coffee table like all the other games figures did.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#14 Posted: 03:07:03 17/10/2014
Im not quitting at all actually, Im just going to get the game after I have the Disney Infinity 2.0 stuff I want. Ive already got a map as to what Im getting....I mean, Im not the biggest fan of TT by far, but I will still get the game because, come on, its Skylanders
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#15 Posted: 03:17:26 17/10/2014
I think rather than quitting a good alternative is to "sit it out and wait". By doing so, not only am I saving a ton of money, but I'll get to play at my leisure when the game does come out. Frankly, there's far more games I'm currently interested in for the later half of this year and I'm not gonna dump the money on Skylanders and then sit it to the side. (especially since you can't 100% it right now, or at least as far as I'm aware)

Saving the money is definitely a big plus for a game like this. It's the second year I've done this and I'm estimating saving at least $200. Cutting out many of the reposes and LCs also will end up saving me money too.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#16 Posted: 04:12:25 17/10/2014
[User Posted Image]
---
bye
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#17 Posted: 04:22:44 17/10/2014
I've thought about quitting, but I don't think I'll ever do it. smilie I'm more in it for the toys than the games anyways, though Trap Team has been pretty lackluster to me compared to Swap Force. The Trap Masters are borderline pointless compared to the cores (besides the obvious cash grab) and I get more fun out of the Swappers and Giants any day but...that's just me. smilie I've taken up just picking up variants when they release and just keeping tabs on who gets rare and who I can pick up at sales or for cheaper prices on eBay.
Thankfully the games tend to stay consistent in terms of being fun, and TT's roster is a bit easier to stomach quantity wise over SF's. I love a ton of the designs from all of the games, and as an artist they can be pretty inspiring to me, so I guess that's what keeps me tied to the franchise.
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#18 Posted: 06:01:25 17/10/2014
Swap-Force was the game which never "clicked" with me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the idea and was super-duper excited about the whole concept. However, even with the enjoyable game, the whole swapable concept removed the "personality" of the Skylanders for me and I never became attached to any of them because, well, because they weren't individuals. In addition, I loathed the removal of the Heroic Challenges and the whole pedestal treasure buff system which replaced it. I also never cared for the "hub castle" as I did with the fountain and ship in the first two. In the end I finished the game but never cared to get 100% even though I had in the SSA and SG.

Trap Team has totally sucked me back in, though. Both the new Skylanders with their personalities and the Villains with theirs has made the game so fun and enjoyable it's like being the beginning all over again :-) In addition, the hub castle "upgrades" is, IMHO, even better than either the original fountain and the airship (both which I loved dearly). Just typing this makes me want to go power up the PS4 at 1:00AM and get some Trap Team action going on :-) Both my nine and twelve year-old boys and I completely agree this may be the best of the series.

And, yes, I will get 100% again this time and very much look forward to every moment of it!!
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#19 Posted: 06:05:26 17/10/2014
Being a father of 4 boys who love the game, I lean more towards the toys as I've always been a collector with OCD and adult add !! So as much as I say every year I'm done, it's hard to walk away! However, we no longer collect 2 of everything like we did in the first 3 games.. Too expensive and redundant! Now I let them (kids) get tired of a figure and then clean it up and put on shelf.. Plus we no longer buy rare variants after my total cost of those hit $6k..
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#20 Posted: 10:59:26 17/10/2014
I'm gonna wait and see. Haven't spent a dime on TT, though I'll probably get Pop Fizz soon (I gave away my s2 when s3 was revealed).

Those question marks on the poster just really scream "unfinished product". I don't know why, but for some reason that makes me completely uninterested in getting the starter pack and diving in. Perhaps I hesitate to start spending money, when the undisclosed parts of the game allude to the spending never ending? The other negatives weigh heavily as well, as if the whole experience is surrounded with an air of arrogant disregard by Acti for the fact that quality and value are travelling in opposite directions from cost, and not in a good way.

Even if I never get Trap Team, we still get lots of enjoyment from the previous entries, so I'm definitely not gonna get rid of the collection and walk away from it all. Maybe VV has less paywall pressure from Acti when making game 5 and it totally rocks, who knows. Absolutely nothing wrong with skipping a game in the series.
---
1Jn47
#21 Posted: 13:50:59 17/10/2014
Plordigian, the question mark stuff has been revealed. Not unfinished product, but trying to create a post-game hype the devs can control. They're spoilers so I hardly checked after release, but the only unfinished part might be the lack of stickers to fill those in outside of Topps cards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:19 17/10/2014 by Bifrost
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#22 Posted: 15:21:10 17/10/2014
Quote: Plordigian
I'm gonna wait and see. Haven't spent a dime on TT, though I'll probably get Pop Fizz soon (I gave away my s2 when s3 was revealed).

Those question marks on the poster just really scream "unfinished product". I don't know why, but for some reason that makes me completely uninterested in getting the starter pack and diving in. Perhaps I hesitate to start spending money, when the undisclosed parts of the game allude to the spending never ending? The other negatives weigh heavily as well, as if the whole experience is surrounded with an air of arrogant disregard by Acti for the fact that quality and value are travelling in opposite directions from cost, and not in a good way.

Even if I never get Trap Team, we still get lots of enjoyment from the previous entries, so I'm definitely not gonna get rid of the collection and walk away from it all. Maybe VV has less paywall pressure from Acti when making game 5 and it totally rocks, who knows. Absolutely nothing wrong with skipping a game in the series.

You can always wait another 10 months and get the starter pack for $15-20. You can speak with your wallet and not miss a game in the series. It's the gotta have it all AND right now attitude which really breaks the bank for some and have fans whining after the fact about game quality/innovation/too much product/god knows what. It's really a no brainer without much regret if you buy the game at deep discount and don't mind if you missed out on a Magna Charge or Hot Dog or some seasonal variant along the way. The so called paywall pressure with each game is just a mental state of mind as is the must have it all mentality. I got a Swap Force 3DS starter pack for $15 from TRU last month...just reselling the 3 figures and parts to GameStop will let you break even or profit a little. Sure...you're a little late to the game if you get it in 10 months, but how does it really have to take away from your personal enjoyment if you play it then for the first time?
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#23 Posted: 16:04:32 17/10/2014
i'm not sure if I have quit 100%, but I have no intention on purchasing any of trap team for the foreseeable future.
I had no interest in Disney Infinity, but when they announced 2.0 (I love Marvel) I picked up a spark of interest, when I really looked at infinity and saw the creativity I could play with in toybox, I purchased all of 1.0 immediately so i'd be ready for 2.0.
As I waited for both games 2.0 and trap team, I was quite excited for trap team.
I noticed one huge difference between the companies during the wait however, all the money I invest in DI2.0 will give me a wide variety of characters, and the discs, although expensive, do give me more to play with.
And I noticed i could not invest the same into trap team, so many new figures, and then all the variants (to date i have collected them all except quickdraw rattleshake), and then all the traps, which are £5.99 each here, and do very little except hold a character, which although cool, the game could just 'unlock' the character once defeated and we can play as them, paying £5.99 for the right to play as that character is not something i'm willing to do. Had they been figures of the villians, sure. But random clear sculpts, no thanks.
Trap team is asking for too much of an investment for me, its a lot of money! For someone who has to 'catch them all' anyway. It felt extremely money hungry, and quite obvious about it too.
I've looked at the figures in the shops, and they look very cool, but ive always put it back down, as i know, the money they are asking for this time, is too much.
For now, i'm investing in Disney Infinity 2.0, i feel i will get more for my money, especially next year, when darth vader can fight venom in my game.
And Kung Fu Man, i'm sorry to see you go, every release i have eagerly awaited when you find in the disc all the secrets, its always been really exciting to see what you reveal. It also helps decide what your investing in when you show us the secrets, we know what the future holds before we buy into it, rather than thinking "i can afford this" and they drop 20 new variants, SURPRISE!
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#24 Posted: 16:17:11 17/10/2014
I'm working to become less involved with the Skylander games. Now I've only played 1 level of Trap Team, so this game may suck me back in as much as Giants did. Unless that happens, I may not be buying much else. I have one of each trap and more figures already than I originally planned on buying. I originally just planned on only getting the necessary Trap Masters, 8 traps and the magic mini pack for Spry. However, I've ended up with most everything from Waves 1 and 2 (except Torch, Shroomboom and Fryno, as well as the Earth and Undead minis).

If I finally stick to my guns, I'll buy a second round of traps and the two magic trap masters, as well as the lights and darks when they arrive, and be done with the rest.

When did Swap Force, I bought everything but the game sat on the shelf at least half of the year. I only used the game at points long enough to register new characters and then hardly played with them. I won't do that again if this game isn't as good to me as Giants was.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#25 Posted: 17:10:28 17/10/2014
When I put all of my SSA, Giants and Swap Force figures into storage it wasn't to quit the game but to make room for the next generation of games and all the accompanying figures. For Trap Team, I've picked up the variants/exclusives to make sure I have them later down the road. The only other items I've picked up are trap crystals and the collection box as I have a feeling that finding them will be more of a hassle later on as the pegs are overflowing with all of the different trap crystals.

Still plan to pick up the game on either Black Friday when I'm sure it will be on sale and will wait for TRU sales to buy figures. I would have picked up the Dark Starter pack immediately if I thought it would be an actual limited edition but I'm confident it will be like Swap Force and easily available next year.

I will admit that the design of the Trap Masters has been really impressive for most of them. There's just something about oversized crystal weapons that you gotta appreciate!
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#26 Posted: 18:07:19 17/10/2014
Not done with the series myself, but I'm probably gonna wait at least until Christmas or so before getting Trap Team - or whenever the prices go down a bit. I spent too much on SWAP Force figures compared to the extremely cheap Giants figures I got from sales, and now that SF stuff is cheaper it's of course a slight bummer. I suppose I should be thankful that not too many of the TT figs seem all that interesting to me.

I've also been thinking of downsizing my collection, but it's hard to do in bigger numbers without getting rid of favorites or figs needed to open gates and whatnot. Also in a sense seems pointless because I reckon I'd only get a couple of euros per figure at best.
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#27 Posted: 19:23:33 17/10/2014
@Bifrost: perhaps when I can purchase a poster that has everyone in Trap Team on it, I'll be more interested. But c'mon, there's only one reason for them to make these kind of design choices; at this point, I have no interest in helping the top 8 people at Acti get a third home on the mediterranean.

@mastermc54: EXACTLY. Well said.
---
1Jn47
#28 Posted: 19:34:02 17/10/2014
Quote: Plordigian
@Bifrost: perhaps when I can purchase a poster that has everyone in Trap Team on it, I'll be more interested. But c'mon, there's only one reason for them to make these kind of design choices; at this point, I have no interest in helping the top 8 people at Acti get a third home on the mediterranean.

Appealing to kids, that's the design choice. Kids get their poster with ~mysteriooous~ missing slots, then find out they're new elements 3 months later when Acti goes 'surprise!' and releases a video about it or something talking about the new character and traps. Kids say that to their friends that had yet to get TT,they all buy the game or replay it with the new toys, replay value regained for at least another week.

...IF someone didn't have such an easy way of hacking the game to show us trailers of those characters before the Adventure Packs are out,the traps,and the villains didn't have a shiny border which is giving you 3 guesses as to which element they are from. Or,even without those, people didn't have such an easy access to the internet to find out- one thing is a secret cheat you need to unlock them or some other thing that takes effort,the other is when someone gives away the surprise two weeks before in a trailer and Darkspyro users will tell you as soon as you show up asking what are the question marks for.
---
#29 Posted: 21:26:10 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Well since it's over and done now I guess I don't have to keep quiet anymore but yeah, that slap on the wrist was actually them targetting my job even after I complied with the C&D. Meaning if I ever had a reason to call it quits with this franchise, that was it.

Yeah. Of all my dealings with video game companies over the years, that was officially the worst.
Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#30 Posted: 21:54:44 17/10/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Well since it's over and done now I guess I don't have to keep quiet anymore but yeah, that slap on the wrist was actually them targetting my job even after I complied with the C&D. Meaning if I ever had a reason to call it quits with this franchise, that was it.

Yeah. Of all my dealings with video game companies over the years, that was officially the worst.

Oh man, that sucks. smilie That's horrible, I've never heard of a game publisher threatening someone that badly before.
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
lidocain Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#31 Posted: 22:19:30 17/10/2014
They should see this coming, I'm not much into game programming but I guess they could figure out some way of hiding their super secret stuff. I don't think anyone will spend less on their stuff just because of this piece of info is revealed early (mostly for the hardcore-ish fans). It's still illegal though...
---
" ... and then maybe I'd run out of things to complain about! Altough probably not. "- G.

××× Made in Hungary ×××
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#32 Posted: 23:56:51 17/10/2014
Quote: newkill
[User Posted Image]

New fav video/gif

Quote: Kung Fu Man

Sorry to hear that, hope all is well now
#33 Posted: 00:45:21 18/10/2014
Also Activision/Toys for Bob would know the fans that know the game wouldn't figure out what the "?" on the poster where. I remember sayin' something about them being Dark an Light quit some time ago. Especially when your playing the game you come across these enemys that you can't trap...and all you get is "you can't trap this ememy right now, but we'll tell you all about them real soon" ...or whatever the devil Eon says...BS smilie ...yeah yeah im not real found of all this "?" secret crap in the game...i paid to play the game...i would like to play the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:10 18/10/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
#34 Posted: 01:06:25 18/10/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS. I really wanted to know how the Mirror of Mystery turns out even if I have no acess to it in the next 3 months.

Not.
---
#35 Posted: 04:26:09 18/10/2014
Also Activision/Toys for Bob would know the fans that know the game wouldn't figure out what the "?" on the poster where. I remember sayin' something about them being Dark an Light quit some time ago. Especially when your playing the game you come across these enemys that you can't trap...and all you get is "you can't trap this ememy right now, but we'll tell you all about them real soon" ...or whatever the devil Eon says...BS smilie ...yeah yeah im not real found of all this "?" secret crap in the game...i paid to play the game...i would like to play the game.

Even my 8 yr old son is like "daddy why cant i go here and open this?. I then told him why and hes upset. This wasnt a good idea to do.
#36 Posted: 05:44:46 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Bifrost: That hasn't got anything to do with Evilon: he's meaning "the devil" in the same way as "the heck".
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#37 Posted: 07:28:48 18/10/2014
Quote: SlayerX11

Even my 8 yr old son is like "daddy why cant i go here and open this?. I then told him why and hes upset. This wasnt a good idea to do.

Yea the Light and Dark stuff is crap, it would be fine if 1 of each was out at launch or even in Wave 2. Also the Elemental gates requiring a TM is crap too. I don't blame people for dropping the series I've posted on more than 1 occasion that I think it has gotten out of hand with how many items there are to buy. DI is much better on the toy side of it, it's much more consumer friendly in terms of how much stuff you need to buy and with how well they have handled their releases, I've never had an issue trying to find a DI character in store.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#38 Posted: 09:00:02 18/10/2014
I'll keep sticking to it.
But I am bothered at the dev-switching and the "only premium-priced toy unlocks content" thing that started in SF.
---
#all Spyros are valid
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#39 Posted: 10:56:40 18/10/2014
Quote: IWHBYD

Yea the Light and Dark stuff is crap, it would be fine if 1 of each was out at launch or even in Wave 2. Also the Elemental gates requiring a TM is crap too. I don't blame people for dropping the series I've posted on more than 1 occasion that I think it has gotten out of hand with how many items there are to buy. DI is much better on the toy side of it, it's much more consumer friendly in terms of how much stuff you need to buy and with how well they have handled their releases, I've never had an issue trying to find a DI character in store.

its a bit worrying, one shop i go to for checking up on skylanders. dont have any skylanders anymore, they converted to di2.0 only... hopefully this is not the sign of things to come...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#40 Posted: 12:55:08 18/10/2014
If you start repeating the 'omg X thing spells Skylanders' doom' in Toys and Merch as well I think it's going to become spam Countmoneybone.
By that logic, old games are forever dead ALWAYS because they left the market long ago. But here we get remakes, here we get sequels and franchise revivals LONG after a lot of stuff is gone from stores. The problem is with stores having bad organization or not getting sent the figures properly - something I have all the time in Brazil. You guys want Boomers? We have plenty here, because the darn things keep getting put on the shelves when it isn't time for a S1 Double Trouble takeover, but good luck finding any Swap Force and Giants characters outside of the online store.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:55:34 18/10/2014 by Bifrost
#41 Posted: 20:31:48 18/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Especially when your playing the game you come across these enemys that you can't trap...and all you get is "you can't trap this ememy right now, but we'll tell you all about them real soon" ...or whatever the devil Eon says...BS smilie

THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS. I really wanted to know how the Mirror of Mystery turns out even if I have no acess to it in the next 3 months.

Not.

Kung Fu Man was right Bifrost...the "devil" was ment as "what the heck" or "WTF"....you get the idea... smilie ...and the true quote that Master Eon says is... "You have defeated a villain from a new mysterious element portal master. Perhaps i can tell you about it....in time."
The first time you get it is in the Chapter 7 Monster Marsh...Villain's are Eye Scream and Eye Five...yeah theres 2 in this chapter....witch sucks by the way...(unless you got the Nightmare Express pack..Lob Goblin is in this one)...go figure.

Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: IWHBYD

its a bit worrying, one shop i go to for checking up on skylanders. dont have any skylanders anymore, they converted to di2.0 only... hopefully this is not the sign of things to come...

Yeah SlayerX11...but your kid knows the truth...and it might be true that DI is more convenient...but im not starting another collection....not to mechin Disney is very huge an very costly....im not the type to just get a few...i would want the whole collection.
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#42 Posted: 20:53:00 18/10/2014
I actually just sold a bunch of mine, but am by no means getting out. I had all 174 before TT, and am now down to about 30, mostly rares and variants.

I think the sheer quantity of traps/toys/elite 8 got to me. I had just picked up all of Wave 2 when I thought about the accelerating pace and number of figures, and just didn't have the will to get them all anymore. I am going to get the required amount to unlock stuff, and maybe some toys that really stand out for me.

I can tolerate 8-16 figures for a game. It gives me some peace of mind to know that I am not going to need all 80ish, which was my plan a few weeks ago.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#43 Posted: 22:11:52 18/10/2014
Well, all of my stores have a full array of skylanders. They are not flying off the shelves...at all. Maybe a lot of "silent" quitters are among us.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#44 Posted: 22:16:41 18/10/2014
Skylanders seemes to be selling well near me, in fact I literally bought the last skylanders pack in the whole shop, they were selling out fast.
#45 Posted: 22:35:59 18/10/2014
Again, using your store's stock of Skylanders as 'proof' of the state of the franchise is gasping at straws and kind of projecting your own thoughts. The part of the fandom in your city/country/etc DOES NOT reflect a worldwide franchise. It'd be a worry if everyone started reporting that, but coincidentally the same people that hate TT? Surely not biased at all.
It could be selling incredibly well in a store and bad in the other. Game stores in my country are absolutely horrid because the only thing they can tell you is the new COD game(and repeatedly wonder if you're not asking for Skyrim), while the book store that sells Skylanders in my city has shop clerks that at least bothered to see the stock and are usually quick in correcting people about simple things on the game. Guess which one runs out of toys faster at the end of the week.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#46 Posted: 23:13:15 18/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Well, all of my stores have a full array of skylanders. They are not flying off the shelves...at all. Maybe a lot of "silent" quitters are among us.

the "silent" quitters are the most dangerous. at least we that talk about it, give the developers/company a chance to correct/improve them self, if they read what we have to say..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:17 18/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#47 Posted: 01:38:53 19/10/2014
Well im not out, just holding back for some deals etc. So far we only got a 3 dark editions and 6 trap masters. We also got a few traps. I plan to get the regular versions when they drop in price etc. Also sticking to triple packs this time around to.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#48 Posted: 01:44:25 19/10/2014
If I DO leave, then Sky 5 would be my last game (As I will be going to a University) but once I graduate, I'll probably pick up the games I missed and go through them. I'm not entirely sure about that though. Maybe I'll get them in college (Hopefully I'll be attractive enough so people won't judge, lol)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#49 Posted: 01:56:08 19/10/2014
I breifly quit after Giants, but seeing Swap Force for only $30 brought me back... for now. I'm gonna get Trap Team, but if it isn't good, I'm gonna quit the franchise for real.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me