Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Where is Scratch? [CLOSED]
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#1 Posted: 03:14:04 13/10/2014 | Topic Creator
i have been looking for her for a few months now, however, it was a no go, i managed to find a green metallic shroom boom in the process, didn't pick it up, I'll get it later though... anyway, maybe around Christmas eve, my TRU will overstock again, i saw wham shell, and wham shell shared the same problem with scratch.
what about you guys, i don't wanna pay $25 on ebay while someone is laughing to the bank again...
did you find her?(where?) any tips?
thanks~~~ <3 smilie smilie
NOTE:I didn't know which thread i should put this in, so i picked this one. move if you like.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#2 Posted: 04:14:42 13/10/2014
I think because of the type of character she is, a lot of people already wanted it. Try searching on ebay with misspellings like scrach or skylandres and you might get lucky.
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#3 Posted: 04:52:57 13/10/2014
I've only ever seen one. smilie It was one that (I'm pretty dang sure of) I had ordered from another Gamestop to get sent to the one closer to me. She was sitting out on the pegs facing the door, but the manager assured me that mine was still coming and that one wasn't mine put out by accident. (Two weeks later and still nothing) She was apparently the only one in the state as well, for Gamestop at least.
You could hold out to try and find her, my Mom found a LC Pop Fizz halfway into Swap Force, but the longer you wait the more her second hand price will fluctuate. I'd think $25 is a little more stomachable than the $40-$50 that say..Fire Bone Hot Dog is going for, whom I've never seen either. orz
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#4 Posted: 04:57:20 13/10/2014
I found Scratch at Target in June (when I started collecting) and picked her up then. I see at least one on the shelf every other time I go in there. Fire Bone Hot Dog is a different story... Never seen him anywhere. I still need him!
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#5 Posted: 05:10:26 13/10/2014
Quote: DobermanOwner
I found Scratch at Target in June (when I started collecting) and picked her up then. I see at least one on the shelf every other time I go in there. Fire Bone Hot Dog is a different story... Never seen him anywhere. I still need him!

This story almost exactly. The scratch figure was semi-plentiful and not hard to find when they came out. I have seen a few lately. I can't be sure if I have ever seen fire bone hot dog, if I did I probably didn't notice because I was looking for the non-reposes first and only recently noticed that he is nowhere except ebay.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
NightShift Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#6 Posted: 05:14:53 13/10/2014
My story is the same as OPs, I have never seen Scratch and the markup on her is ridiculous everywhere.
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#7 Posted: 06:26:17 13/10/2014
I always find figures I'm looking for when it's for someone else. When it's for MY collection, they seem to be non-existent. I had this problem with Swarm and Scratch. I completely stopped looking and then one day she was on a shelf in Target.
And that leads me to my next issue...once I find that "hard to find" figure for myself, they turn up everywhere. The same week I got Scratch for my wife, I found 3 more in other stores. :/
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#8 Posted: 11:01:30 13/10/2014
I never saw her in the stores around me, I had to get mine off ebay for $12 shortly after she came out, but since then the price jumped quite a bit and I'm still debating getting a 2nd one for the other path..
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 12:59:39 13/10/2014
Same problem over here . Not one Scratch .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
turtle20000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1370
#10 Posted: 13:03:25 13/10/2014
Try Best Buy or Kmart. I think Kmart was having a sale on Swap Force?
#11 Posted: 14:01:25 13/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DobermanOwner

i was lucky to find firebone at target too, i guess we have our own problems. smilie
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#12 Posted: 14:51:14 13/10/2014
As the series drags on, figures like Scratch, Punk Shock, and Magna Charge won't ever be seen again on store shelves. Activision has made their money with them and moved on. The space where they could have been restocked is taken up by gimmicky junk like plastic traps, mini double packs, and elite figures. Screw innovation with each game...just produce a solid set of new, unique figures and let me play my old characters with every annual game release. That would make me happier than these blatant cash grabs Activison is going after. I can't believe there's still people with the "gotta get them all" attitude with the traps...I understand getting the new figures every year, but I can't understand the undying loyal devotion to the franchise that drives people to get every last bit of released overpriced plastic junk Activision throws at us stamped with the Skylanders name on it. I'm sure there's some financial number cruncher at meetings saying, "I know the fans want a Ghost Roaster and Boomer repose, but we can produce a TON of cheap plastic trap thingies in different shapes and make a killing off selling those instead."
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#13 Posted: 15:23:09 13/10/2014
In my area, she was common when she first came out, but as she gained in popularity she disappeared from shelves. I don't know how many restocks she got (as her wave was quite a while ago at this point), but I have a feeling that her wave didn't make as many appearances on shelves as some of the early Swap Force ones did. Good luck to all still searching!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 15:29:04 13/10/2014
I haven't seen Scratch a lot around here either, but I was lucky enough to find one a couple of months ago at my local Walmart; and it was the last one left! smilie
---
Purple dragon.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#15 Posted: 15:54:02 13/10/2014
Since her release we found TWO. We live in an area with 3 walmarts, 2 super targets, 2 targets, one toys r us, 4 gamestops and several other retailers within 15 miles.

TWO SCRATCHES.

One I bought and one I helped a kid get off a high shelf. She's been the hardest skylander for me to find ever :/
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#16 Posted: 16:02:59 13/10/2014
Before I start, I am in no way trying to start an argument...only opening up the floor to discussion and contemplation about the subject as quoted below.

Quote: mastermc54
I'm sure there's some financial number cruncher at meetings saying, "I know the fans want a Ghost Roaster and Boomer repose, but we can produce a TON of cheap plastic trap thingies in different shapes and make a killing off selling those instead."

Isn't that the exact same cash-grab? Ghost Roaster and Boomer are already out there...sure they aren't readily available, but why exactly do you need reposes? How many Gill Grunts, Cynders, and Terrafins do we really need? They still show up the same in-game. And for that matter Lightcores? Giants? Swappers? Sure, they do different things, but what it all comes down to is paying a premium price for DLC that's already on the disc. It's just wrapped in a fancy action figure. If people are going to continue to pay for the figures, they're going to continue to sell them. Believe me, I've had enough...I'm not looking to buy every single thing that comes out. In fact, I don't have all the Giants figures (mostly thanks to LC Pop Fizz smilie )

Personally, I'm a bit irritated that certain figures advertised are only available for a very limited time in a very small quantity. To this day, I have never seen a SSA Wham-Shell on the shelf. As I mentioned previously, I've only seen LC Pop Fizz (and LC Chill) on the shelf once. People who missed out on Ghost Roaster should have the ability to purchase the adventure pack from Activision themselves if they cannot find it at their local or online retailer. The same goes for any figure or content released. If you're going to advertise it in the games, make it available for all players.

Now, the point I'm making with all this (yes, there is one) is that, sure, there's a big difference between casual gamers and collectors. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything that comes out and I think the best way to appease the masses is to simply support the game beyond the new release. Don't abandon the game as soon as the new one comes out. I would have been just as content with Giants if they had just released 8 Giant figures and 8 new core figures. No reposes or LCs. And the same goes for Swap Force. Give me new content. Not re-release the same things over and over. And that's what has me most interested in Trap Team...the greatly-reduced number of reposes.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#17 Posted: 17:09:24 13/10/2014
I was lucky to find a Scratch at Walmart during a random stop there a couple months ago. Straight in my cart she went, even though the kids hadn't touched Skylanders in months.

My daughters freaked out when they saw Scratch and went in to a full blown Skylanders binge. I wasn't going to even buy Trap Team, until this happened.

I do agree that the limited availability of later waves is ridiculous. I am not a "gotta get them all" person, but I am a "must unlock everything" person. I especially hate waiting for the last element, or power, type I "need" - just to have it be near impossible to find when it releases.

i really wish they would do the big initial push they have a launch and then do a second similar push near The Easter holiday. I don't like the trickle of toys every couple months. Maybe this won't matter to me so much now, as I live near a Toys R Us now.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#18 Posted: 02:15:38 14/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: mastermc54
As the series drags on, figures like Scratch, Punk Shock, and Magna Charge won't ever be seen again on store shelves. Activision has made their money with them and moved on. The space where they could have been restocked is taken up by gimmicky junk like plastic traps, mini double packs, and elite figures. Screw innovation with each game...just produce a solid set of new, unique figures and let me play my old characters with every annual game release. That would make me happier than these blatant cash grabs Activison is going after. I can't believe there's still people with the "gotta get them all" attitude with the traps...I understand getting the new figures every year, but I can't understand the undying loyal devotion to the franchise that drives people to get every last bit of released overpriced plastic junk Activision throws at us stamped with the Skylanders name on it. I'm sure there's some financial number cruncher at meetings saying, "I know the fans want a Ghost Roaster and Boomer repose, but we can produce a TON of cheap plastic trap thingies in different shapes and make a killing off selling those instead."

i thank you for knocking sense into me.
i bought it on ebay for $25 free shipping from someone in puerto rico.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#19 Posted: 01:30:33 15/10/2014
preordered her on walmart when she was first released, then picked up an extra for the gamestop sale in june. basically the later wave figures that are new you have to get into the rhythm of buying them when they first come out, otherwise you just aren't going to see them at all. they are actually in that fewer number and in most cases it's good to check these forums by people when things do come out. best way not to miss certain figures.

though trap team did a good job in lower the amount of figures to buy, seriously adding the minis and no lightcores, very few reposes was worthwhile on their part. they should come out with legacy packs for certain characters even if they don't do a repose. chances are though since they make new figures every year you may just have to hunt in garage sales, etc due to the fact that acti is pushing a year at a time to dump for the next gimmick. it's a big put off for the series as to why not really looking forward to anything beyond trap team.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#20 Posted: 11:19:10 15/10/2014
I grabbed Scratch first time I saw her, no way I was risking not getting her. Now you mention it, I haven't seen ANY figures let alone her.
I can't even buy Trap Team in store let alone Giants or Swap Force.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#21 Posted: 16:32:46 15/10/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
I grabbed Scratch first time I saw her, no way I was risking not getting her. Now you mention it, I haven't seen ANY figures let alone her.
I can't even buy Trap Team in store let alone Giants or Swap Force.

If its walmart they moved them to clearance. I was in two walmarts and all swap force stuff along with anything before was in the clearance section...however they were sill marked the noraml prices etc, only windup in one was 7.96
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me