Page 1 of 1
i didnt really like this game [CLOSED]
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#1 Posted: 21:37:43 14/05/2007 | Topic Creator
um yeah no offence ANB lovers but i didnt like this game because of these resons

-way too un-spyroish
-WAY TOO HARD!
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10783
#2 Posted: 11:52:11 15/05/2007
How can it be hard? It's so short! But I do agree that it's un-spyroish. There's no more originality in the game if u ask me.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#3 Posted: 12:08:49 15/05/2007
Yeah, I agree. Spyro used to be a light-hearted, fun, relaxing platformer game but know I think there's too much darkness and seriousness. I feel as though the original feeling of Spyro has been taken away from the series IMO
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#4 Posted: 20:50:32 15/05/2007
Yeah.....But seriously, what's IMO mean?!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#5 Posted: 00:23:21 16/05/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: artiste_violet
How can it be hard? It's so short! But I do agree that it's un-spyroish. There's no more originality in the game if u ask me.

well it was hard to me im just a young gamersmilie
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#6 Posted: 07:16:53 16/05/2007
Quote: Dragginwings
Yeah.....But seriously, what's IMO mean?!

It means in my opinion
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#7 Posted: 23:50:10 06/06/2007
Well... only thing I totally... and I mean totally hate in this game is the ridiculous easiness! I mean... this game is so easy that even my dead ancestor would finish it within a week. Like artiste_violet said: "This game is too short!" I totally agree! And yes! The whole original feeling of Spyro was packed into a rocket and blasted away to the space in this game. There's nothing original great golden age Insomniac effects (Yeah...yeah... I know that we've got to swallow this thing that Insomniac and Spyro are divorced). Gosh, darn it! I've bashed this game pretty much even if I love to play this 24/7 (so pathetic and conflicted...)!
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Spyrofan12345 Blue Sparx Gems: 832
#8 Posted: 15:17:56 11/06/2007
I haven't got it yet, but at first, I thought this game would probably suck, but now that I have more information on it, I really want to buy the game, even if it does suck (lol smilie I'm saving my allowance. So far I have 8 dollars. I know, it's so little. I get 10 dollars a week, so I'm not sure when I can get it. But I'm getting it, and before TEN comes out!!!! Then I'm buying TEN after I complete ANB! (If I can, I couldn't complete Hero's Tail, though. I coudn't beat Red. It's too hard and too confusing). I'll ask my dad what he thinks, too. He's the one who got me started on Spyro the Dragon when I was 3 years old! And I'm 12 now! I love Spyro! (sorry I'm so off-topic) Anyways, my point is, I hope it doesn't suck as much as you guys say, and I'm buying it ASAP! lol smilie smilie
---
Original trilogy obsessor~
BlinktheCookie Fodder
#9 Posted: 16:43:45 12/06/2007
I don't like It either.It's way to easy!smilie is ugly, smilie is even worse! I'm not sure this is an official spyro game!
Cinderneo Fodder
#10 Posted: 19:10:25 12/06/2007
I just read the post that you sent in and im cracking up with laughter when you wrote "this game is so easy that even my dead ancestor would finish it within a week" Im still laughting now!
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#11 Posted: 16:43:48 08/09/2007
I have had enogh of you blink! spyro and sparx are not ugly!

---
If the dark master escapes a shadow will fall over the land smilie ANB
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#12 Posted: 17:28:38 08/09/2007
Quote: Pyro girl
Yeah, I agree. Spyro used to be a light-hearted, fun, relaxing platformer game but know I think there's too much darkness and seriousness. I feel as though the original feeling of Spyro has been taken away from the series IMO

Well said! I borrowed the PS2 version, it sucked! Get the DS version instead, if you ask me. It was good, but nothing to the original series.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#13 Posted: 17:52:07 08/09/2007
Am I the only person that approves of the new direction?

I don't want to be a little bit of a pickle nut here, but I have both the PS2 and DS incarnations and I have my reasons for supporting the argument.

There's no way that I can argue against the ridiculous difficulty level (I too found it too easy lol), but the Spyro-ish feel needs consideration. With the original Insomniac titles, we see a fresh feel with every kind of direction taken, whether it be with the intensions of the main antagonists, the feeling of the world we get thrown into, the fresh appeal of the objectives in the passing games, to some extent maybe the musical style as well (Stewart Copeland is da man), and even the approachable feel for Spyro himself - headstrong and witty without coming off as a jerk.

Now to me, that feel started to decline since Insomniac moved onto Ratchet & Clank. Season of Ice was okay for its time, though the level design and insane difficulty tended to throw me off; even so the objectives were still fresh, so that makes that okay. The idea of bringing back Ripto as a main antagonist for Season of Flame, Attack of the Rhynocs and The Cortex Conspiracy were a different story, but I still found them to be pretty accessible, though at the time of AotR I started to get pretty annoyed by the fact that he was a recurring character. And I know TCC had different concepts and struggled to adapt the series into a mini-game structure, but I just thought I'd put it in.

Enter the Dragonfly kind of threw away much of the stated Insomniac approaches out of the window; it just looked and played like a poor man's Year of the Dragon, and with Ripto as the main antagonist and some pretty weak level structuring, we can come to the conclusion that Spyro isn't offering a mysterious feel anymore - more like feeling like a rushed Saturday morning cartoon. The saving graces though were the audio side; I was still glad to see the original cast reprising their roles and Stewart Copeland doing the music.

Don't get me started on A Hero's Tail though. That was the reason why my faith in the series started to come to a complete stop. Sure, they added a fresh antagonist for once through Red, but what about everything else? The characters completely changed personality, Spyro was transformed into a cold-ridden greedy jerk, the music and level structure became too light of what I came to expect from the Insomniac days... pretty much everything about it made me think "I think I've grown too old for Spyro, I need to get into something else". I know that there was some good approaching with the hunting of the dark gems and light gems and dragon eggs, but even then those ideas felt too much of a cliche to really consider at the time.

And since then, I didn't even bother to pay attention to Shadow Legacy. Even its lacklustive responses from the critics were enough to tell me that either Spyro was pretty much dead, or something needs to be done about the unprofitable Hero arc.

I was actually pretty happy to see that the responses for A New Beginning were more positive than previous post-Insomniac instalments. Reading up on its info, it seemed like it was getting a good facelift. By then I was welcome for the change, especially since I knew that there was no way that it would emulate the old Insomniac style or even go back to the shudder-worthy Hero arc, so I decided to check it out. And by that, I appreciated it and took it in. This was a real breath of fresh air for the Spyro series in terms of setup and whatnot. The magic is there once more, though not exactly the same style that Insomniac used - we get a good feel for the levels we're in both visually and musically (desolate ambience in Dante's Freezer, nice deep panpipes around Tall Plains, a creepy choir segment around Cynder's Lair, etc), Spyro actually sounds approachable again in spite of sounding a little less confident than the Insomniac days (though I came to accept it due to the reboot structure), we get a fresh dragon antagonist which unlike Red was actually pretty damn threatening (!), and there's even a storyline that makes us think rather than expecting what is to be expected at the end of the road. Though the objective is mainly to rescue the dragon guardians, the way of getting from point A to point B seems to add to the suspension and perils along the way, and I really appreciated that.

And that is my way of supporting the development of the Legend arc. Feel free to criticise me for all you care, but I still think that this kind of logic was required in order to make Spyro a profitable franchise once again. I know it kind of split the community, but no matter what it should still be approached whether you dig the direction or not.
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#14 Posted: 18:25:47 08/09/2007
i like the game. but what i don't get is why they started all the way from the begging and changed it. in the other games. spyro knew he was dragon and lived with dragons and baby dragons have to get given dragonflies. but in this game he was sent to the dragonflies, didn't know he was a dragon and only knew sparx cos he thought he was his brother. i think that's the beginning.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#15 Posted: 18:57:22 08/09/2007
When will people learn, This is a reboot series! It odesn't have to match or connect to the original spyro games.

I really like spyro's new look as he is more dragonish looking that before. I also should say that SpyroFan12345, you should buy it used instead of new so you can get the game earlier.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#16 Posted: 19:33:56 08/09/2007
Well, to each his own. smilie

Rexy, you are not alone! I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed ANB. I hadn't played any of the Spyro series since the original three that Insomniac did (once it moved on to hand held platforms, that was the end for me). Even though I spend a lot of time giggling while I play (because the game takes itself SO seriously), I love the story and the characters.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't really mind the ease of play in ANB, but I did long for more platforming. I'm a platformer at heart. I'll do the fighting thing if I must, but I prefer it to be simple and easy and I'd much rather be solving puzzles. I think this is the only game with combos that I've ever been able to play ("God of War" was way beyond my ability to figure out the fighting style well enough to actually play smilie).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me