darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Chop Chop wow pow upgrade question
Page 1 of 1
Chop Chop wow pow upgrade question [CLOSED]
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1 Posted: 03:14:20 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
How much does the shield path really benefit his wow pow? It seems his sword path is both more interesting and visually superior. However, I don't want to weaken his excellent wow pow. Any input regarding the necessity of his shield path is greatly appreciated.
---
1Jn47
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 08:24:02 09/10/2014
I dont think Shield Path improves on his Wow Pow .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#3 Posted: 03:27:22 10/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Cool, care to elaborate? What makes you think this?
---
1Jn47
#4 Posted: 23:07:08 10/10/2014
Wow Pows are not used to make one skill path more desirable over the other . I will bet you do exactly the same damage with your Wow Pow on both Vampiric warrior and Undead defender.

Only thing Undead defender path will to do is remind you to play with your Wow Pow more often .
---
#5 Posted: 01:06:40 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I'll take that bet, and don't envy your odds... There is supposedly knock-back and more shield damage on Defender.

Some wow pows not only make certain upgrade paths better, but can also make previously lackluster paths into the best option. Slam-Bam, Ignitor, Stump Smash, Bash, and Sonic Boom are examples that first spring to mind, and I haven't even played with all Skylanders. These examples' wow pows compel an examination of the path that seemed previously less beneficial, to the point of speculating that they may have been intentionally designed that way.

What I'm looking for are facts or explanations regarding exactly how much Undead Defender benefits Chop Chop's wow pow. Thanks for chiming in, though. smilie
---
1Jn47
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#6 Posted: 20:56:45 10/04/2015
Dark fhoenix:

Actually, there is a difference in the damage output of Chop Chop's shield bash between a Vampiric Warrior Chop Chop and an Undead Defender Chop Chop, even with Shield Skewer.

This is because of an Undead Defender Chop Chop's Demon Shield of the Shadows upgrade, which increases the base damage of the shield bash. Vampiric Warrior Chop Chops don't get that upgrade, so a difference in damage already exists between the two. All Shield Skewer does is increase the base damage and reach of the shield bash, and since one is already more powerful than the other, they are going to deal different amounts of damage. I just tested this in Skylanders Giants and here's how much damage each Chop Chop's shield bash does with Shield Skewer:

Damage output of a Vampiric Warrior Chop Chop's Shield Sewer, no critical hit: 35

Damage output of an Undead Defender Chop Chop's Shield Skewer, no critical hit, no damage absorbed: 61
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 22:30:17 10/04/2015
Yeah, I thought the sword path was great until I tried out his wow pow, and it really benefits from having both the bottom path and wow pow, it makes Chop Chop extremely, strong, and gives you an entirely new way to play as him, by redirecting and absorbing all the enemies attacks
~
#8 Posted: 23:21:02 10/04/2015
I stand corrected and bow to the wisdom of my fellow Portal Masters
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me