Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Marking Villain Variant Traps? [CLOSED]
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#1 Posted: 21:22:01 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Has anyone thought of a good way to do this?

My current thinking is to scan (from the package) or find a digital image of the variant face, and then shrink it down to element symbol size, print it, and tape or glue it to that spot on the trap. One could also cut out the villain picture from the trap box and put it in a custom trap holder, which I think I will have to make eventually once all the variants are released...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#2 Posted: 21:34:05 08/10/2014
i've been thinking whether i want to do this to my variant traps as well.

my current thought is to add a little splash of the colour that makes the variant different to the details on the actual trap (gold on outlaw, red on riot, purple on steamed).

the stepped down version of this is i was thinking of just using one colour, likely metallic silver, to designate a "variant trap"
I'd prefer gold or black, but i don't want them to look too much like the legendary traps.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#3 Posted: 00:22:06 09/10/2014
Small rubber bands (like from bracelet loom sets) in the ring above the element symbol?
---
#all Spyros are valid
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#4 Posted: 00:26:46 09/10/2014
wow, nice idea, simple, but effective.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#5 Posted: 02:09:09 09/10/2014
I used a sharpie to mark my standard trap. If I want to remove the dot I just use a magic eraser.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#6 Posted: 02:49:37 09/10/2014
Quote: min8or
i've been thinking whether i want to do this to my variant traps as well.

my current thought is to add a little splash of the colour that makes the variant different to the details on the actual trap (gold on outlaw, red on riot, purple on steamed).

the stepped down version of this is i was thinking of just using one colour, likely metallic silver, to designate a "variant trap"
I'd prefer gold or black, but i don't want them to look too much like the legendary traps.

That did with my Outlaw Brawl & Chain Trap...going to put the standard Brawl & Chain in the other Logholder you see in the back.
[User Posted Image]
Also the reason why im going to make my own Trap holder box....so ALL the Traps will fit in it...as you can see i have him in Threatpack's spot.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#7 Posted: 04:20:23 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Good ideas, all! The rubber bands are simple and effective, but the gold paint is cool! Looks like we have at least 3 variants at this point, and who knows how moans more. A custom trap holder is sounding better and better...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#8 Posted: 04:30:20 09/10/2014
I just used the Oultaw B&C trap to trap B&C. Didn't change anything. No reason to have both Outlaw B&C and the regular one when they're essentially the same...
---
-joeiscool
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#9 Posted: 01:40:10 10/10/2014
Quote: joeiscool
I just used the Oultaw B&C trap to trap B&C. Didn't change anything. No reason to have both Outlaw B&C and the regular one when they're essentially the same...

No offence but try telling that to ppl that buy variants...like scarlet ninjini and regular...whirlwind and polar.. etc etc.

They are different to some ppl and some ppl want to trap both and have the traps show the difference etc.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#10 Posted: 21:47:34 10/10/2014
i would like to be creative with mine, but I'm not putting it on the stand, any suggestions?
crystalsunset Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#11 Posted: 03:33:14 12/10/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

That did with my Outlaw Brawl & Chain Trap...going to put the standard Brawl & Chain in the other Logholder you see in the back.
[User Posted Image]
Also the reason why im going to make my own Trap holder box....so ALL the Traps will fit in it...as you can see i have him in Threatpack's spot.

Wow! That looks amazing! What kind of paint did you use?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 16:44:43 12/10/2014
I wish Activision had thought ahead of these problems and created solutions, both on identifying variant traps and storage.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#13 Posted: 01:18:14 13/10/2014
The same paint i use for all my customs crystalsunset....Acrylic Paint. The main Acrylic Paint i use is Tamiya Color....and thank you its how im going to identify all my Variant Traps.

And once i know the exact amount of Traps i will build a box for them....and ofcorse post a pic...lol. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#14 Posted: 03:08:33 13/10/2014
i painted the middle of the water symbol, sparkly blue, (sister's nail polish) sharpie'd thick edges, eyes, patterns. and pasted the picture of brawl and chain in the middle of the trap, he looks good to me, I'll try to get a picture.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me