Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Legendary Bouncer, bad chip or just weak signal?
Page 1 of 1
Legendary Bouncer, bad chip or just weak signal? [CLOSED]
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1 Posted: 10:34:25 06/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So trying to get my collection into the new game and much like other people I've noticed Legendary Bouncer from Giants has stopped working...somewhat. It's not dead completely, but he has to be right up against the coil for it to register him and his lights to come on. This echoes what a lot of people have said on here, with theirs behaving similarly or just plain dying. Has anyone looked into this closer to see if there's something wrong with the figure causing it, or whether or not latter releases were fixed?
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#2 Posted: 10:55:05 06/10/2014
My Swarm did not work at all. I did not try moving it closer to the coil and will give that a shot. My Bouncer worked. Crusher was a little weak.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#3 Posted: 12:05:15 06/10/2014
This is scary, does this mean that the characters have a limited time that they can be used? I know that if there's a certain material in the chip that could have a short half life. Wow I'm going to be ticked if my figures aren't working fully.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#4 Posted: 13:01:09 06/10/2014
Send your non working skylanders back to Activision....they will replace them for free...
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#5 Posted: 13:28:11 06/10/2014
I'm assuming that if they replace them, which is cool if they do, that you will have to start all over again with that character.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 13:47:10 06/10/2014
Quote: ninja9351
This is scary, does this mean that the characters have a limited time that they can be used? I know that if there's a certain material in the chip that could have a short half life. Wow I'm going to be ticked if my figures aren't working fully.

Doubt it,might just be how they had the chip when you bought them or if you have kids throwing them everywhere. All my Giants and SSA figures have been working fine ever since I got them, but they go from the shelf to the portal and back so I never have the chance to drop them in a bad angle and break something inside.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#7 Posted: 15:38:45 06/10/2014
I had similar experiences with a few of my Giants that were rarely played and gently taken care of. They all worked, but the lights in a few were much dimmer than other characters' or didn't show up when they first went onto the portal but showed up on a subsequent use. I noticed something similar with Swap Force came out, albeit with different Giants, and am thinking this might just be the newer portals being unable to consistently supply the correct amount of power to Giants for them to light up properly. All affected characters still work and still light up bright on a Spyro's Adventure or Giants portal but dim noticeably on my Swap Force portal and have intermittent issues on the Trap Team portal. With as much time as I've put into some of those characters, I'm of the mind that as long as the RFID with character data is still readable I'll refrain from replacing them, even if their lighting gimmick gives up the ghost.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 16:44:10 06/10/2014
I get the feeling they jettisoned the lightcore concept because it wasn't all that popular and from what I've heard the failure seems to be fairly high. My Crusher's lights don't work anymore either. LEDs typically last a very, very long time, so I am guessing it is low quality wiring or manufacturing issues.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 17:31:07 06/10/2014
The first production versions of Legendary Bouncer, bu the looks of it, have a faulty RFID chip in them. Mine stopped working completely.
Luckily, ToysRUs restocked him for a short time, so I was able to buy one there and return thd faulty one.

Contact Activision Support if you want a replacement. You'll have to send them the broken one, though.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Wogasm Red Sparx Gems: 99
#10 Posted: 18:38:14 06/10/2014
For whatever reason, and it may just be me, but neither my Regular or Legendary Bouncer light up on the Trap Team portal, but do read and function correctly. It's very bizarre.
---
All but the final three.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#11 Posted: 18:46:15 06/10/2014
The eyes on the first Legendary Bouncer I had from the Giants launch stopped lighting up. I noticed it sometime before Swap Force was released. Toys R Us still had plenty of him back then, so I just picked up a new one during one of their sales around that time.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#12 Posted: 18:55:47 06/10/2014
My Legendary Bouncer still lights up very weakly in the middle of the portal, but is stronger at the edge. I'm glad in a way it's not just me.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#13 Posted: 20:37:41 06/10/2014
My Granite Crusher acts similarly, but my normal Crusher is fine.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#14 Posted: 04:14:53 07/10/2014
As I posted in another thread, I've been unable to get Roller Brawl to read on the portal, only now she's unable to read on the old Swap Force portal as well. Thinking the chip may have died (however gently used and stored with care the toy may be), I tried a few more figures. And now Fryno, who I've been recently playing in Swap Force, won't read.

I really don't care to go through my entire collection and possibly damage otherwise perfectly fine Skylanders. Anyone else have more information on this?

Also, what does it mean to place the figure closer to the coil? Where is that? Near the speaker?
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#15 Posted: 11:25:52 07/10/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
My Granite Crusher acts similarly, but my normal Crusher is fine.

Yeah, my Granite Crusher & Legendary Bouncer both did this.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#16 Posted: 19:23:57 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
@simon: the coil's in the outermost part of the circle, I've noticed with weaker to read figures putting them near there seems to allow them to read (and putting it right on top of it allows Legendary Bouncer's eyes to light up properly).
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#17 Posted: 21:56:02 07/10/2014
@Kung Fu Man - thanks! Question though, do your Skylanders that don't work on the trap team portal still work correctly on the old portals? That's my biggest concern - that somehow the trap team portal is causing certain figures to burn out...
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#18 Posted: 01:49:50 16/10/2014
I was able to get my Swarm to work with the TT Portal. I had tried it on an older portal first to see if it indeed was no longer working. Well, it turned out to being functioning quite well. The signal catch seems to be weak with the TT Portal. I then tried it on the outer edges of the TT Portal but this did not light it up. However, when I placed it on the trap portion of the TT Portal nearest the cord, it lite up quite nicely. So for my Swarm to work with the TT Portal, he stands on the edge of the vault nearest the cord on the TT Portal. Fully functional - led light and game play.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:33 16/10/2014 by KiDFass65
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#19 Posted: 06:07:02 16/10/2014
I have done some tests and it seems that some of the new portals do not work right with some if the giants, but some portals work fine. My gnarly Tree Rex and Legendary Bouncer, had this problem so I tried a new traptanum portal (got 2 starter packs) and the 2nd portal worked just fine with both of them. So if you have this problem you may want to call activision and get a new portal.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#20 Posted: 13:28:54 16/10/2014
It's funny - my (packaged) Legendary Bouncer had issues reading and my (packaged) Gnarly Tree Rex wouldn't read *at all*. I was able to get Legendary Bouncer in long enough to register and able to use my Gnarly Tree Rex from the Wii Bundle with no issues. Didn't really have issues with any of the other giants.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#21 Posted: 06:58:59 20/10/2014
Quote: ninja9351

Half Life? We don't need to find the rate of Nuclear Decay... Either way silicon and copper are both durable materials.
---
Eggs
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me