Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
2 different alter egos in the wishing well? [CLOSED]
TheBuccaneer Green Sparx Gems: 267
#1 Posted: 02:05:02 02/10/2014 | Topic Creator
With the new month and new alter ego, my family got different alter egos in the wishing well. My sister and I got the new Hex, but our mom got Skeletal Cynder. Also, no sales are appearing for our mom ( such as Flynn and energy fields ). Anyone have an idea on what is happening?

Thanks!
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#2 Posted: 04:08:33 02/10/2014
Absolutely no idea.

My son got an aquarium but only had 170 wish stones and waited nearly 12 hours and 8 separate reboots to get hex to appear.

I had Hex.

We all have had the special for refs and Flynn since Tueday I think.

A few months ago we had two games open at midnight where there was a bonus wishing well prize.

It seems to be an occasional glitch.
---
banksia123
zorlord333 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#3 Posted: 05:27:44 02/10/2014
I noticed that also. But the new Hex was on my Ipad, while Cynder was on my phone(android/google play).
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 12:00:17 02/10/2014
It's because - for whatever reason - you don't yet have Monday's update.

Not sure why it is sometimes hard to get the latest update, but we've seen over and over again that it can be. For me, opening the app, killing the process, opening again seems to do the trick.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#5 Posted: 12:08:54 02/10/2014
So, I'm stuck with Hex even though I was saving up for Cynder? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#6 Posted: 13:29:17 02/10/2014
Yeah, alts are a one shot deal in the well, though they often come back for special weekends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cynder on sale this month though, but for 750 gems.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 16:22:55 02/10/2014
The well was programmed to put last year's alt (or a random gem item if you have that alt) into the well if you happen to hit the 1st of the month without the update. The new alt isn't programmed in until the last update before the 1st. If you are not seeing Hex, then you will have to force close the app and re-open it. That should force the update to download. When you just go back to your home screen, the app is usually running in the background or saved state. It won't download the update unless you are opening it fresh. So it's possible for your game to have never restarted to get the update. I'm not sure what would happen if you get Cynder then restart the game to get the update, though. I know there used to be an issue for time travelers that if you jumped ahead before the new alt was programmed in, you would get stuck with whatever appeared in the well, even when the new alt was released. That was set up that way because once it was figured out that random gem items appeared in the well every time you went ahead in time, you could keep jumping ahead until you got what you wanted. Even the expensive companions (like Cali, Flynn and Ol' Mac) were in the well. It was easy to get everything by just jumping back and forth. They finally fixed it for people who jumped ahead to get stuck with whatever was in the well and not get the new alt. That's why I've always been concerned about jumping ahead to see what the new alt was. But they may have changed it to where the update will restore the alt. I know there was a month where a lot of people were stuck with last year's alt instead of getting the new one. It was right as they were finally getting back to updating the game after a long hiatus. So it's possible they fixed it. But I'm not sure if you could try to win what's in the well, do the update, then get the new alt.

As for past alts, you're out of luck unless you try to win them on wishing weekends or if they release them for sale, but they're pretty expensive, even on sale. 750 gems is half price!
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#8 Posted: 16:28:11 02/10/2014
For either Flip Flop or Sundae, my son initially saw Cupid Flameslinger. And was over the moon! But it was late, we told him he had to go to bed and could spin for him in the morning. In the morning, the update downloaded, and he had the current alter ego in the well. He was *NOT* happy with us.

So I can confirm that, if you haven't won the grand prize, it will update to the "real" one even if it initially displays a different one.

I don't know what would happen if you won the initial one.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#9 Posted: 16:38:25 02/10/2014
I had a weird issue like this with the iOS debacle last month:

Note: I had already won MSS at this point when this started.

After updating the os, I had Autum Stump Smash in the well. I was excited and spun for him, and eventually won him. Then, my game wouldn't open and I had to do a delete/redownload. After this happened I noticed that the santcum and FFFs hut were gone (probably were before as well). Autumn was also gone, but I had a dragon house in the well. My luck meter was at the same point, so I won this easily, and still have it. I was worried that I would have sanctum-like issues with Autumn (tactfully avoiding the acronym here smilie, but was able to pick him up at last weekend's sale. I also never lost MSS like some people.

Long story short, the well has some strange behavior.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
fykerr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#10 Posted: 13:51:52 03/10/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Yeah, alts are a one shot deal in the well, though they often come back for special weekends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cynder on sale this month though, but for 750 gems.

As expected, I had Skeletal Cynder and his hut in my daily deals! Woot! Snatched them both up! Sweet!
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#11 Posted: 14:31:33 03/10/2014
One of the devices here won the old alt and then the new one appeared after the update and the new alt was won. It happened a couple of months back. It was CFS same time as AHF.

I think those acronyms are safe.
---
banksia123
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me