darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > REALLY ticked off about this. (PSN Download Version Problems)
Page 1 of 1
REALLY ticked off about this. (PSN Download Version Problems) [CLOSED]
checkerchairs Blue Sparx Gems: 695
#1 Posted: 06:54:35 25/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I've 100% Spyro 1 and 2 and I wanted to complete 3 so I bought it on PSN with the other games. I went thought the game first time fine, but I ran into a complete halt - the speedway glitch. As I wanted to complete the game, I got really upset about it, but I restarted.

Now I've run into ANOTHER glitch, that is now stopping me from accessing the Sparx levels. Zoe never appears despite that I've beaten the bosses.

This is really ticking me off. I just tried to post on the official PSN Boards but they decided it would be great to redirect me on my iPad half-way through typing a really long message.

This game is what, 14 years old now? This is absurd, why is this not fixed? This is a legal copy and it's still broken.

And before you ask, yes, I have a disc copy. It doesn't load anymore.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#2 Posted: 18:57:59 25/09/2014
Sony really doesn't care about the classics too much. The version they used is the 1.0 version which is completely absurd. On top of this, the game doesn't emulate well so that's what these glitches happen for. There's not much you can do about it. It's unlikely Sony will even attempt to fix it. I recommend either buying a new disc copy and play it there, or emulate it on PC. I believe you can even use the PSN download and convert it back to a PS1 ISO to emulate on PC.
#3 Posted: 14:06:47 26/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I told my mum what happened and I just said straight out to her, 'I've had enough, I want to get real copies of 1 and 3.' Hopefully I can get them for my birthday, which would be great.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 03:04:16 27/09/2014
I'm going to turn into a broken record here, but remember that the original, black label version of YotD was rushed for release because Insomniac wanted it out in 2000. As a result, there are an abundance of glitches. When Sony made the decision to place it on the PSN, they used the black label version instead of the Greatest Hits/Platinum version, which fixes most of the issues. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 05:10:15 27/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Yep, I know. I believe the discs also patched older save files of the games too. It's really idiotic that Sony went for that version :/
Rebecca Red Sparx Gems: 60
#6 Posted: 00:16:36 17/10/2014
My cousin had that glitch on disc years ago. Lucky for her, I had a file with everything up to the Super Bonus stuff (it was the only egg she couldn't get in the game).

Sorry this has happened to you, it sucks. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me