Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early
First | Previous | Page 6 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early [CLOSED]
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#251 Posted: 08:45:28 25/10/2014
Are the rules the same as the Fire Bone contest? 4 wins per household? I am only going to play until I win 3- one to open, one to keep in the box and one as a Christmas present for a friend's son.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:50:49 25/10/2014 by DobermanOwner
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#252 Posted: 05:11:48 26/10/2014
Quote: DobermanOwner
Are the rules the same as the Fire Bone contest? 4 wins per household? I am only going to play until I win 3- one to open, one to keep in the box and one as a Christmas present for a friend's son.

Yes, 4 per household.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#253 Posted: 05:30:24 26/10/2014
What's the best time for trying?
---
I'm Childish
#254 Posted: 06:18:09 26/10/2014
Quote: Swag
What's the best time for trying?

It's random, if you look at times people have won, it's all different times. Logic says that there may be less volume of entries during the wee hours of the morning (1am-5am), so you may have a better chance to win then. Some people have said to enter when the minute changes for a better chance. Ex. If they select random winning times every 15 minutes it might be 1:15am, 1:30am, 1:45am...or more likely it could be times within each 15 minute period like 1:08am, 1:23am, 1:31am....point being if you are the first entry on whatever minute is the winning minute you will have a better chance to win. This is also assuming that the random times don't include seconds.
My experience from the last three contests...persistence and at least a couple other family members emails and info...
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
eric crock Green Sparx Gems: 192
#255 Posted: 06:37:37 26/10/2014
Has anyone received a verification email yet from an app win?
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#256 Posted: 13:48:16 26/10/2014
Yeah, it's very very random !
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#257 Posted: 23:36:08 26/10/2014
Quote: eric crock
Has anyone received a verification email yet from an app win?

They do not, have not sent verification e-mails to winners yet and may not at all. The only verification e-mails people have received are for losses that have turned into wins for whatever reason.
---
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#258 Posted: 22:13:35 27/10/2014
Ive won 3 so far, have yet to get any confirmation after the fact.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#259 Posted: 18:46:46 28/10/2014
I woke up at 2:30 am last night and tried the phone line a bunch of times. Still no luck.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#260 Posted: 18:51:14 28/10/2014
Quote: Graz73
I woke up at 2:30 am last night and tried the phone line a bunch of times. Still no luck.

Lol, you sound like me in the beginning! No worries, I won twice when I least expected it! Keep trying, cause it's a great feeling when you hear congrats instead of I'm sorry!
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#261 Posted: 03:43:05 29/10/2014
Same here. Done various times by phone....nothing
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#262 Posted: 14:15:35 29/10/2014
I had a really hard time winning the Glow In the Dark Rattle Shake, but eventually got 3 of those. I never was able to win the Fire Bone hotdog though.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#263 Posted: 14:39:46 29/10/2014
Quote: DobermanOwner

You aren't guaranteed to get them by Christmas. Quickdraw last year had a contest in the same timeframe and many did not get them until after the holiday.
#264 Posted: 14:53:56 29/10/2014
I just hope we get them BEFORE they are released.. I would of hated to waste all that time, and gut eating nasty chips, just to save $10, lol!
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#265 Posted: 16:02:07 29/10/2014
That lady's voice is starting to irritate me. Especially the way she says, "We're sorry".
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#266 Posted: 17:27:20 29/10/2014
Lol, yeah, and that little pause right before just to get your hopes up!!
---
#267 Posted: 01:14:02 30/10/2014
I have actually seen bags at Target and Walmart. Had the app, but the wi-fi wouldn't allow me to connect, and I'm striking out on the toll free number. Even calling 12 AM-5 AM PST, I have not won. I heard, on Ghostroaster.com, that many have won. Seen it being offer on EBay even, one for $40 USD and another for, get this, $80 USD. Who, in their right mind, would pay for this when it's not even a variant, but a regular release?
---
"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#268 Posted: 07:15:53 30/10/2014
Finally... after days of tries and fails with different first names and emails, I finally got a win! I didn't see the win screen, since it went back straight back to my Blippar iphone screen, but I did get the email. Finally....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#269 Posted: 14:03:13 30/10/2014
Way to go aura! Persistance FTW!!
---
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#270 Posted: 23:30:35 31/10/2014
I still have not won one, nor have I seen the chip bags. I really want the coupon to get the regular started pack on Black Friday if possible. I have not really tried all that hard, though. I could live with finding him at retail if needs be.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:36 31/10/2014 by stoat2337
ohioskylanders Green Sparx Gems: 132
#271 Posted: 01:05:54 03/11/2014
We have 4 wins.....all confirmed by their customer service. 1 of my wins was a straight up app win and the other 3 were just like our firebone hot dog wins....said we lost on the app but when i checked my email i had the winner email like the firebone winner email. Only difference is it said high five. Found it odd getting the emails as they arent even sending sorry emails when you lose this time. None the less its been about a week since we've played but will try to win a few more using my other address to use for trades and giveaways.

Has anyone received theirs yet??? They should start arriving soon if the firebone contest was any indication. smilie Good Luck all!!!
#272 Posted: 19:27:22 04/11/2014
I won twice yesterday with two "Claim your prize verification emails". Anybody else get these recently with app wins?
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#273 Posted: 21:11:14 04/11/2014
What time did you win?
---
I'm Childish
#274 Posted: 22:01:10 04/11/2014
12:30 pm and 1:17 pm
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#275 Posted: 22:34:49 04/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Can't take this anymore.. Still trying, haven't won. smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#276 Posted: 17:49:29 06/11/2014
Quote: eric crock
12:30 pm and 1:17 pm

if you send to same address one will be disqualified. just letting you know.

i pretty much got 8 wins here smilie but...they aren't showing up yet for phone wins so yeah i have to see in a week again but it's getting serious again. my luck some of them aren't working again which will be bad and it's only been one a day on the wins too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:11 06/11/2014 by tigerdr
#277 Posted: 17:53:42 06/11/2014
Thanks for sharing the chances with the ones who haven't won!!
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#278 Posted: 18:31:11 06/11/2014
Not winning, tired of trying. Given the time I've put in I'd rather have just paid for him now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#279 Posted: 18:44:24 06/11/2014
Stop complaining...whiners with every contest about how they haven't won one and others who have to rub it in that they've won several for themself, their neighbor, their best friend, their dog, their neighbor's dog, their best friend's cat, and another 3 just in case the first 10 didn't register properly. It's a contest...grind and perhaps get lucky...if not, it's not the end of the world. There are many other contests out there with much worse odds.

Now more on topic, I just saw a few bags at a Wegmans supermarket yesterday, so they have finally made their way into central NJ. As these bags have more and more widespread distribution, odds are going to be lesser and lesser as more people enter to win. For those of you who have purchased the bag, are there any coupons inside?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#280 Posted: 18:54:22 06/11/2014
It was a statement of preference. Now if you'll excuse me, my dog needs to play with the 3,000 Fire Bone Hot Dogs I won.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#281 Posted: 19:09:55 06/11/2014
Same here, Matteomax. Plus the automated voice is FAR WORSE than either Persephone, Rufus or Tuk's brother.
---
"
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#282 Posted: 21:57:37 06/11/2014
I finally won one, it was wierd way to win though. I used th app and it said to try again, the. Fifteen minutes later I got an email asking me to confirm my mailing address because I had won
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#283 Posted: 23:10:39 06/11/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Not winning, tired of trying. Given the time I've put in I'd rather have just paid for him now.

Yeah, particularly since dark confirmed he would be in Wave 3 anyways, which I suspect we will be seeing right around the holidays anyways. I also suspect we will see another of these contests for Flip Wreck in the new year.

I won one with the App said I lost but then got an email things, so I hope it works out. If not, it isn't a huge deal. I'm not fond of endless entries and time spent, and I'm guessing we have a bunch of people trying to win several for EBay purposes that we are competing against. It's gonna be funny if they start arriving around the time they show up in stores, because all of the EBayers will be seeing their anticipated profits go up in flames. Instead of big profits, they will be lucky to get retail.

I like this contest better than their previous ones, we know he will reach stores shortly after the end of the contest (or maybe even slightly before, despite what it says). It makes it less of a scalper's paradise. People are less likely to spend hours piling up figures to sell if they aren't going to be able to then have something exclusive. Hopefully they follow this pattern.

And as I mentioned before, I really think all these people reporting "second chance" email wins are a result of Frito Lay filtering out people that are breaking the rules by winning more than one a day and sending the win instead to others.
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#284 Posted: 00:43:34 07/11/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: GhostRoaster

Yeah, particularly since dark confirmed he would be in Wave 3 anyways, which I suspect we will be seeing right around the holidays anyways. I also suspect we will see another of these contests for Flip Wreck in the new year.

I won one with the App said I lost but then got an email things, so I hope it works out. If not, it isn't a huge deal. I'm not fond of endless entries and time spent, and I'm guessing we have a bunch of people trying to win several for EBay purposes that we are competing against. It's gonna be funny if they start arriving around the time they show up in stores, because all of the EBayers will be seeing their anticipated profits go up in flames. Instead of big profits, they will be lucky to get retail.

I like this contest better than their previous ones, we know he will reach stores shortly after the end of the contest (or maybe even slightly before, despite what it says). It makes it less of a scalper's paradise. People are less likely to spend hours piling up figures to sell if they aren't going to be able to then have something exclusive. Hopefully they follow this pattern.

And as I mentioned before, I really think all these people reporting "second chance" email wins are a result of Frito Lay filtering out people that are breaking the rules by winning more than one a day and sending the win instead to others.

I'm going out on a limb and making an educated guess that High-Five WILL be in Wave 3, but not until after the New Year. Seeing as it is "exclusive until 12/31/14" to the contest (per the contest rules), that leads me to believe we'll see a HALF wave right before Christmas as we have in the past...perhaps new Trap Masters and traps or TM's and minis, but not the new cores until after the contest has ended. Well, at least not in the US.

As for the app, I don't know about the rest of you, but mine almost immediately goes to the "not-a-winner" screen as soon as I submit my information. I think the issue with the app (and the same during the Hot Dog contest) is much like the cookies from our internet browsers...it has the loser page saved in the app data and instead of processing the information properly, it's pulling a result from the memory while the actual data is being transmitted. The loser screen is overriding a win and therefore you aren't entering your data...hence the reason you get a confirmation email. I highly doubt anyone is filtering rule breakers...otherwise, there wouldn't be sellers on Ebay with a dozen "confirmed wins".
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
ohioskylanders Green Sparx Gems: 132
#285 Posted: 01:16:06 07/11/2014
Well, not as easy to win as the firebone hot dogs, but damn....it isnt too difficult if u really wanna put some time and thought into it. Good Luck everyone. Hope they start mailing them to us soon. Has anyone gotten one yet?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#286 Posted: 01:28:30 07/11/2014
No, I haven't gotten one. I put in my information, and now I'm just waiting.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#287 Posted: 02:05:04 07/11/2014
Quote: Aura24
No, I haven't gotten one. I put in my information, and now I'm just waiting.

Same here! Hopefully soon!
---
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#288 Posted: 02:15:12 07/11/2014
How did dark confirm it would be in wave 3? It just seems odd, seeing as how all past contest figures that were released didn't get released to retail until waves 4 or 5. I still don't buy it. I don't think we'll see high five until late spring/early summer. They just wouldn't risk a contract that way. They could get in big trouble if any stores were to "put him out early."
#289 Posted: 02:34:46 07/11/2014
It was announced on mysklanders.de, a German Skylanders fan site.
The contest for High Five ends 12/31/2014, PurpleSnurple, so if they put him out in January 2015 there's no problem because the contest would already be over.
If you're curious still, just ask him.
---
"
#290 Posted: 03:16:01 07/11/2014
^So was that leak just for Germany then? Cause it could make sense if other countries get him in wave 3, but not the US. Seeing as how it's only the US that's running the contest. I'm just not holding my breath. I won one anyways, but I'm not holding my breath for retail anytime soon. I could be wrong.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#291 Posted: 04:01:33 07/11/2014
That actually makes sense:
Have a contest only USA (because of legal issues) can participate in and release it out side the US during the same time they are shipping the winners. This way it somewhat satisfies those who can not participate in the contest but still allows them to get it early.
They should have done this along time ago.
#292 Posted: 04:08:33 07/11/2014
Yeah, that does make a lot sense! So everyone is somewhat happy!
---
#293 Posted: 07:44:32 07/11/2014
lol! there will always be unhappy people about this! People in the US would be unhappy that they couldn't win and other countries could buy it retail, and people in other countries would be unhappy that they didn't get a chance to get it free or the supply won't be enough! smilie
#294 Posted: 15:58:27 07/11/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
How did dark confirm it would be in wave 3? It just seems odd, seeing as how all past contest figures that were released didn't get released to retail until waves 4 or 5. I still don't buy it. I don't think we'll see high five until late spring/early summer. They just wouldn't risk a contract that way. They could get in big trouble if any stores were to "put him out early."

He posted the wave case contents in the Wave 3 speculation thread as his "speculation", but it was fairly clear he had some inside info due to the way he intentionally phrased it.

Post 133:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...&page=3#5350686

Oh, and case contents don't vary by country. Well get it in Wave 3, and I doubt there would be too much fuss if it snuck out shortly before the end of the year. But, yeah it may mean early January instead of a pre-Christmas TRU early release (or we get Trap Masters or Minis instead of singles). BTW, it pretty much nixes all those that are speculating Wave 3 hits in November.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:09:29 07/11/2014 by defpally
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#295 Posted: 17:38:37 07/11/2014
I'm in Canada so i wont be able to win him. I'll have to wait to buy him in January
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#296 Posted: 20:19:29 07/11/2014
Any of you have special advice on winning this time? I've been playing 6 phone numbers and 2 or 3 email addresses, but nothing so far.

There must be some pattern to it, for some of you who claim to have won 8 already...
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#297 Posted: 21:57:50 07/11/2014
Quote: Graz73
Any of you have special advice on winning this time? I've been playing 6 phone numbers and 2 or 3 email addresses, but nothing so far.

There must be some pattern to it, for some of you who claim to have won 8 already...

not really since none of my wins have been at the same time and i usually wait over a day's time to play again so they don't get cancelled. though i just wonder on the phone registration of wins since they still aren't in the system and i won starting a day after the contest started, going to be a month now soon in a week. i can't recall how long the firebone hot dog wins took but they were in less time i think able to be recorded
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#298 Posted: 22:56:42 07/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Finally, FINALLY got one. Yeesh.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#299 Posted: 23:22:20 07/11/2014
Way to go bud!
---
#300 Posted: 01:08:04 08/11/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Finally, FINALLY got one. Yeesh.

Yay! Ahahahaha! So for a $10 figure you spent how much time invested to get it? smilie hehehe.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me