Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early [CLOSED]
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#201 Posted: 15:43:46 18/10/2014
i just won my 4th 10 mins ago yay x3 by phone of course

Quote: PurpleSnurple

If you input more than 1 win in the same day with the same address it will only count 1 of the wins. The others will be disqualified. If you used a different person's name, email, phone number but from the same address on the same day there's a "chance" it might go through based on the rules, but only a slight chance.

this entirely as i lost 2 fire bone hot dogs because of it. if you have more then 1 win from the same source in a day to the same address it's gonna void all but the first one in the system.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:29 18/10/2014 by tigerdr
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#202 Posted: 18:03:59 18/10/2014
Finally won one at 12:43.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#203 Posted: 18:29:22 18/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: Matteomax
Still haven't won! So happy.. not.

What's with it? Did they set my number to "automatically lose every time they call?" I'm getting incredibly miffed now.

I got you covered in case you don't win one.

I'm glad you've got Matteo covered and all, because they seem like good people, but I still find this amusing. Are you handing over your one High Five if Matteo doesn't win, or is it possible that you've won multiples in spite of your lecturing me yesterday regarding the same thing?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#204 Posted: 20:02:27 18/10/2014
Finally won one. App win registered as a loss, but I got the e-mail. Yay! Now, I can be done with this. :D
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#205 Posted: 20:29:27 18/10/2014
My friend manged to get 2 he is gonna give me one smilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#206 Posted: 01:11:04 19/10/2014
Yay! Just won one the phone line! I guess we shall see if I actually get it.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
BeBoss Green Sparx Gems: 443
#207 Posted: 02:31:10 20/10/2014
I found the chip bags at target. I bought them even though u can just scan a picture.
---
My friend code for the 3ds is 3024 - 7878 - 9881. Let's play!
RidgeRat517 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#208 Posted: 04:56:56 20/10/2014
I've been trying since day one and still haven't won. Oh well, maybe tomorrow LOL smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#209 Posted: 06:43:29 20/10/2014
I just won one, but i also included my Zip Code with my street address right before they asked for my city/state/zip. do you think this'll mess anything up? this was by phone btw
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#210 Posted: 13:53:59 20/10/2014
Still have not won. I've even been trying to call in the middle of the night, and that does not help. I'm amazed at some of you who have won several already.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#211 Posted: 14:30:29 20/10/2014
I haven't managed to find any of the bags at any of the stores near me. This is getting frustrating, and I haven't even tried the contest yet.
---
A story.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#212 Posted: 14:36:29 20/10/2014
Quote: SparCrux1101
I just won one, but i also included my Zip Code with my street address right before they asked for my city/state/zip. do you think this'll mess anything up? this was by phone btw

You should be fine. I messed up how I recorded my address via phone for the Fire Bone Hot Dog giveaway & I received my figure of him without issue.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#213 Posted: 14:40:10 20/10/2014
hey once someone receives one can they pm me a pic or post it
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#214 Posted: 15:13:34 20/10/2014
How long was it for Firebone Hot Dog before people started receiving him?
eric crock Green Sparx Gems: 192
#215 Posted: 16:32:53 20/10/2014
It was a little over 4 weeks
#216 Posted: 16:37:16 20/10/2014
Thanks, that's freaking awesome. That'd be plenty of time before the holidays.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#217 Posted: 18:10:33 20/10/2014
Quote: PlayableMoogle
Thanks, that's freaking awesome. That'd be plenty of time before the holidays.

Well, Quickdraw Rattle Shake started showing up a couple weeks prior to the holidays last year and that timeframe was very similar to the High Five one, so the holidays might factor into their delivery schedule. Most got it right before (I got it on the 23rd, I believe), but some got it right after.
#218 Posted: 18:14:35 20/10/2014
i just won my 5th by phone this morning. i get for a few addresses and like many this time just to be prepared and will probably stop at 8 regardless.

to answer the questions on these - if you put the street address and city and zip all in one thing when they ask it's ok as long as it's all in either of the times they ask it. i had no problem with my fire bone hod dog win.

quick draws showed up for me exactly on the 24th of dec last year and i won them in november. i'd say the ones that if you win them now for high five that they'll show up earliest in december first or second week. fire bone was also the same way.

Quote: uttster13
I haven't managed to find any of the bags at any of the stores near me. This is getting frustrating, and I haven't even tried the contest yet.

you can call the phone number or just get the app and scan like others have done without finding the bags. the bags are still not even in my area at all either
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:18:55 20/10/2014 by tigerdr
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#219 Posted: 18:46:03 20/10/2014
Quote: BeBoss
I found the chip bags at target. I bought them even though u can just scan a picture.

Do they have any coupons for starter packs or trap team in them? If so be specific, only good for trap team or all...I'm looking for a $10 off starter pack coupon that I can put towards swap force Dark Edition.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
#220 Posted: 22:28:40 20/10/2014
No but you can get coupons in your email when you scan the bags.
---
#221 Posted: 15:45:56 21/10/2014
I just received an email saying that I am a potential winner with an email I know I haven't won with. But I have won two through the blippar app and have not received any email verification. Has anyone else who has won through the blippar app received a verification email?
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#222 Posted: 15:51:04 21/10/2014

It would help if somebody can post a picture of the bag...it may help us all get some Skylander coupons. There are no bags in the stores I've checked out in central NJ.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#223 Posted: 16:19:33 21/10/2014

It would help if somebody can post a picture of the bag...it may help us all get some Skylander coupons. There are no bags in the stores I've checked out in central NJ.

As mentioned before, all you have to do is scan the picture of the bag on the website. I know it's very small, but it works.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#224 Posted: 18:48:38 21/10/2014
Quote: obidawsn

As mentioned before, all you have to do is scan the picture of the bag on the website. I know it's very small, but it works.

I understand you can do that for contest entry, but do you get coupons? The Hot Dog promo had coupons with every app entry.
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#225 Posted: 18:57:31 21/10/2014
SparCrux1101
I did they same thing. It asked for the address, so it recorded my full address and then it came back for my City, State and zip.
I hope I still get it because I have not been able to win another.
Any one else have that problem last game?
#226 Posted: 19:16:33 21/10/2014
Quote: KLM8325
SparCrux1101
I did they same thing. It asked for the address, so it recorded my full address and then it came back for my City, State and zip.
I hope I still get it because I have not been able to win another.
Any one else have that problem last game?

Yeah, a number of people have already mentioned it in this thread. People are saying they've done that in the past and been fine, so the consensus seems to be that you do not need to worry.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#227 Posted: 20:30:09 21/10/2014
Dang been trying every day and still no wins. Am I the only one? lol
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#228 Posted: 20:30:46 21/10/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487

Nope, I'm still trying, but still no wins.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#229 Posted: 21:45:25 21/10/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: spyroflame0487

Nope, I'm still trying, but still no wins.

Yeah, me too...
#230 Posted: 22:38:51 21/10/2014
There is no picture on the chip bags anymore. No more spyro on lays
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#231 Posted: 00:33:51 22/10/2014
I got an email yesterday stating that I won (Through the App), I never got a winning post doing the App. I clicked on the email link and filled in the info.
Looks like I won with the App.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#232 Posted: 04:20:32 22/10/2014
Finally won at 11:09 Tuesday night!! Over the phone, and I've never won anything like this!! I'm excited!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#233 Posted: 04:25:41 22/10/2014
Was it supposed to ask for my email if done via phone??
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#234 Posted: 06:24:07 22/10/2014
No, The App wants Email address
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#235 Posted: 17:20:34 22/10/2014
So won a couple for myself, friends, and family on the app. I do not want to keep trying and take away from people that are still trying but know the drama from the Hot Dog contest. Is there any way to call Frito and confirm that I won and can stop trying? If so has anyone tried and had any luck with confirmation?
#236 Posted: 17:53:58 22/10/2014
I have won 3 of them with the app and only received one verification email. Have you received a verification email? I don't know if the emails are random or not
#237 Posted: 18:03:34 22/10/2014
It's been said multiple times in this thread: You only get the verification email if there was some kind of issue with your app entry - a win that registered as a loss, your name/address didn't get submitted/registered, or something of the like.

If you win and have no issues getting your info submitted, then you won't get an email.
#238 Posted: 18:15:24 22/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
It's been said multiple times in this thread: You only get the verification email if there was some kind of issue with your app entry - a win that registered as a loss, your name/address didn't get submitted/registered, or something of the like.

If you win and have no issues getting your info submitted, then you won't get an email.

Right. My question was...if you input your information into the app are you guaranteed that it will be shipped or is there a way to check to see if it was accepted into their system? I do not want to keep winning and taking ones away from people who still need them just because I don't know if I actually will receive one. I was told by a bunch of people that they won like 8-10 hot dogs and only received 2.
#239 Posted: 19:07:08 22/10/2014
Quote: preciousawaken

Right. My question was...if you input your information into the app are you guaranteed that it will be shipped or is there a way to check to see if it was accepted into their system? I do not want to keep winning and taking ones away from people who still need them just because I don't know if I actually will receive one. I was told by a bunch of people that they won like 8-10 hot dogs and only received 2.

My single win has been one of these, I read it carefully and it indicates it is a win. I also did not want to continue if I had indeed won since I want only one. I haven't tried again since due to it sounding pretty clear I'm good to go.

I believe the people that won 8-10 but only got a couple didn't factor in they cancel out wins for the same address in a single day. I've got a feeling this is how a loser in the app becomes a winner via email. They system may identify this and negate the win for that period after the data is entered, and give it to the next person - which is obviously not on the app anymore, so they need to collect details for that "second chance win" figure.

The rules state that while it is I believe 4 per address, you can also only win 1 per day and it was the same for Hot Dog. So though I am loathe to help them, for those that are amassing a High Five army for Ebay ... er I mean "family members", and use the same address thinking they haven't gone over four on an address yet they often neglect the second part of the rule.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:09:09 22/10/2014 by defpally
#240 Posted: 19:31:07 22/10/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: preciousawaken

My single win has been one of these, I read it carefully and it indicates it is a win. I also did not want to continue if I had indeed won since I want only one. I haven't tried again since due to it sounding pretty clear I'm good to go.

I believe the people that won 8-10 but only got a couple didn't factor in they cancel out wins for the same address in a single day. I've got a feeling this is how a loser in the app becomes a winner via email. They system may identify this and negate the win for that period after the data is entered, and give it to the next person - which is obviously not on the app anymore, so they need to collect details for that "second chance win" figure.

The rules state that while it is I believe 4 per address, you can also only win 1 per day and it was the same for Hot Dog. So though I am loathe to help them, for those that are amassing a High Five army for Ebay ... er I mean "family members", and use the same address thinking they haven't gone over four on an address yet they often neglect the second part of the rule.

Thanks. I too only want one. Once I got mine I put in friend's address so that I would not have to worry about shipping stuff to them. So I am not worried about the double address just worried about putting all the time into winning and getting screwed at the end especially for a skylander that I am excited to play as. Mine did say that I won so I guess I should just calm down and cross my fingers LOL.
#241 Posted: 20:08:39 22/10/2014
I wouldn't rule out them cancelling wins based on IP addresses, caller ID, etc. either.

Play once a day and you shouldn't have any worries. :D
#242 Posted: 20:26:47 22/10/2014
I wouldn't rule out them cancelling wins based on IP addresses, caller ID, etc. either.

Play once a day and you shouldn't have any worries. smilie

So true. You get into problems when you try to game the system. Who knows what methods they are using to identify multiple entries in a day/over the whole contest. They set the rules and are well within their rights to use any of the above to disqualify improper multiple entries, or even void all entries from particularly egregious offenders. Simple advice, play by the rules.
#243 Posted: 23:55:06 22/10/2014
you usually give it a week or so to see if your wins are in the system, just call the number they provide and usually they can tell you if you're in there. pretty much as others have been saying you need to be careful in how you play. you can play with more than 1 email and phone number if you have them it's just you can only safely win one a day. there was never a problem for any of my wins in the past except the ones that i won within the same day for hot dog and that's how they check.

i did win another one this morning for relatives so i'm only looking for 2 more tops. i'm playing by phone btw so it's still working as winnable as i've had losers too. i'm also making note of the times i win and waiting atleast a full day before playing again so there's no reason for any of them to be negated.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:59:48 22/10/2014 by tigerdr
#244 Posted: 05:22:08 23/10/2014

Play once a day and you shouldn't have any worries. smilie

So true. You get into problems when you try to game the system. Who knows what methods they are using to identify multiple entries in a day/over the whole contest. They set the rules and are well within their rights to use any of the above to disqualify improper multiple entries, or even void all entries from particularly egregious offenders. Simple advice, play by the rules.

Limit one (1) Play per day per person/email address/phone number, regardless of method of playing. A "day" is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT.

I highly doubt they are eliminating people based on IP. That's not one of the parameters in their rules. Several people in a household, public computer, workplace have access to the same computer.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#245 Posted: 13:32:07 23/10/2014
Still haven't won. smilie
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#246 Posted: 14:17:45 23/10/2014
Quote: 7Habits
Limit one (1) Play per day per person/email address/phone number, regardless of method of playing. A "day" is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT.

I highly doubt they are eliminating people based on IP. That's not one of the parameters in their rules. Several people in a household, public computer, workplace have access to the same computer.

Go ahead and highly doubt it if you want - but don't be upset when you get some wins cancelled out. It would not surprise me at all if they put something in place under the covers to prevent people from winning figure after figure. The goal of a promotional contest is to have as many different people win as possible. I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't reduced it down to one win per household in these contests yet.
#247 Posted: 14:37:40 23/10/2014
Quote: Skylandscaper
Still haven't won. smilie
you will, keep trying. it's still working for the phones.

On a further note, when I mean relatives I mean it. I don't ebay this stuff and only get it for people I know for my relatives that play the game or have kids that do.

Go ahead and highly doubt it if you want - but don't be upset when you get some wins cancelled out. It would not surprise me at all if they put something in place under the covers to prevent people from winning figure after figure. The goal of a promotional contest is to have as many different people win as possible. I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't reduced it down to one win per household in these contests yet.

because people have more then 1 player per household that's why and everyone has a chance to win just like everyone else. you don't attack the people that have groups that like the game per house, you attack the people selling on ebay 10 at a time. i can see why you're upset but it's not the people that are getting them legitimately and following the rules even if they win more then 1. Even if you spread it down to 1 per household/person that would make scalpers just use more addresses to win which they probably all ready have done for things like this in the past.

Also if you play by app you have much higher chances to win then the phone number, due to getting a win from roll over and the fact of using email address. It's much easier that way with some online aspect attached. If I could help people here like quickdraw i would but i just don't have usage to an app. my phone can't get it.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:54:47 23/10/2014 by tigerdr
#248 Posted: 00:41:02 24/10/2014
Won over the phone again! Not to brag, but just happy so now I can keep one sealed and kids can play the other, since we collect 2 of everything! And yes, I'm done, so that's one less a-hole to compete with! Good luck folks, and have fun, as this is just a game!
---
#249 Posted: 22:48:56 24/10/2014

Not arguing, just saying that if they are doing that, they are breaking their own rules, probably the law, and last I had heard, sweepstakes and lotteries have to adhere to pretty strict standards. That is why they have so many rules, to protect themselves and the consumer.
---
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#250 Posted: 08:41:57 25/10/2014
I won my first figure today at 3:34am!
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me