Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early
First | Previous | Page 3 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early [CLOSED]
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#101 Posted: 10:54:05 14/10/2014
Entered a few times yesterday with no success. This morning I tried twice, no winners. I'm using the app, PurpleSnurple you just must be "lucky". Good luck to everyone today.
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#102 Posted: 12:57:52 14/10/2014
Got a winner email from Frito Lay with a link to submit my address. I submitted several entries on my phone yesterday and definitely didn't win any. I'll take it anyways =]
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#103 Posted: 13:35:07 14/10/2014
IAmSwag, you got an e-mail from them? That's weird. I have yet to receive an e-mail for my one win.
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#104 Posted: 14:03:28 14/10/2014
It is frustrating to read how people are having trouble getting one when scalpers are probably winning like 4 or 5 per day.

Other frustrating part is that I have tried 8 times in past 2 days and only got one (by phone) and figured woo hoo I am done. Now I am reading about the drama from previous contests in trying to claim which means I have to keep trying. I wouldn't care so much but I am really excited about High Five.

I think we should create a High Five sharing tree so we can share if someone gets extras. If people are interested I would definitely be willing to put it together.
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#105 Posted: 14:13:37 14/10/2014
I have tried numerous times for 2 days nothing so far
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#106 Posted: 14:20:36 14/10/2014
None for me yet.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#107 Posted: 14:54:26 14/10/2014
Quote: hfdpro
Entered a few times yesterday with no success. This morning I tried twice, no winners. I'm using the app, PurpleSnurple you just must be "lucky". Good luck to everyone today.

It's not really all luck, it's just grinding. If you grind long enough you're bound to win, simple odds. Plus, they didn't lock out the device after a play like the last contest, at least not yet. After the hot dog fiasco I wanted to win a few times to ensure I get at least ONE seeing as that's the only win they recorded last time ugh. Good luck!

Quote: PlayableMoogle
IAmSwag, you got an e-mail from them? That's weird. I have yet to receive an e-mail for my one win.

He means he didn't get a winner screen at all yesterday, but today received a "you've been identified as a potential winner" email asking him to enter his information to claim a prize. It means one of his losses turned out to be identified as a win later on. They don't send emails to winners who get the winners screen.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#108 Posted: 15:06:12 14/10/2014
I would wonder if really dedicated scalpers would even bother with this one. This isn't a special figure, it's just a regular one and it is known to be released at retail in the near future, possibly by the time people start getting them if he is in Wave 3. I like this one for a contest much better than previous ones, because even if you don't win you will still be able to get it in the store - so it doesn't punish bad luck. The only difference is you might get it a little early and for free.
#109 Posted: 15:09:16 14/10/2014
^yes true! However, I'd guess that it won't release to stores until wave 4 or 5... most likely wave 5. They do have exclusive rights through the end of the year, so I really doubt they'd risk releasing it in wave 3 with the possibility stores could get it prior to the end of the contract date. Remember GITD QDRS? He didn't release retail until like July.
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#110 Posted: 15:14:32 14/10/2014
Quote: defpally
I would wonder if really dedicated scalpers would even bother with this one. This isn't a special figure, it's just a regular one and it is known to be released at retail in the near future, possibly by the time people start getting them if he is in Wave 3. I like this one for a contest much better than previous ones, because even if you don't win you will still be able to get it in the store - so it doesn't punish bad luck. The only difference is you might get it a little early and for free.

That's why I think the scalpers will work for this one. Seeing as they will not making any money on it when it comes out they can take advantage now with the limited numbers. they can feed on the ones that cant get it early and charge an arm and a leg for something people can get later if they wait. But we all know that somebodies child is gonna want it now and there parent is going to pay whatever the cost to get it for them. Now if they did this when it is being sold in store I can see them not wasting there time, but since it might not be out till next year you will probbaly get everyone trying for it.
#111 Posted: 15:15:54 14/10/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple

He means he didn't get a winner screen at all yesterday, but today received a "you've been identified as a potential winner" email asking him to enter his information to claim a prize. It means one of his losses turned out to be identified as a win later on. They don't send emails to winners who get the winners screen.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. That's a huge relief.
#112 Posted: 15:17:21 14/10/2014
Quote: thunder1648
Quote: defpally

That's why I think the scalpers will work for this one. Seeing as they will not making any money on it when it comes out they can take advantage now with the limited numbers. they can feed on the ones that cant get it early and charge an arm and a leg for something people can get later if they wait. But we all know that somebodies child is gonna want it now and there parent is going to pay whatever the cost to get it for them. Now if they did this when it is being sold in store I can see them not wasting there time, but since it might not be out till next year you will probbaly get everyone trying for it.

Yep, this. Fat chance profiteers lay off this. People will want it in advance of the holiday season, and people looking to make a buck will do as they always do.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#113 Posted: 16:29:52 14/10/2014
The number of "must have it early" and "must have it by Christmas" hardcore fans out there is maybe 1000 people or less. With the quantity of figures going out and the general knowledge that these will be available for retail (unlike pumpkin Fright Rider, clear Hot Dog, & QDRS which we found out about late in the release schedule), this won't fetch much for scalpers. The first few listed on EBay may fetch ridiculous amounts over $100, but these will flatline quickly at a price point much lower than $50 in my estimate. I think people have wisened up after paying a premium for QDRS and figures like metallic green Shroomboom. As far as I'm concerned, winning a contest like this saves me about $10+tax smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#114 Posted: 16:38:27 14/10/2014
anybody seen the bags yet?
#115 Posted: 17:02:41 14/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54
The number of "must have it early" and "must have it by Christmas" hardcore fans out there is maybe 1000 people or less. With the quantity of figures going out and the general knowledge that these will be available for retail (unlike pumpkin Fright Rider, clear Hot Dog, & QDRS which we found out about late in the release schedule), this won't fetch much for scalpers. The first few listed on EBay may fetch ridiculous amounts over $100, but these will flatline quickly at a price point much lower than $50 in my estimate. I think people have wisened up after paying a premium for QDRS and figures like metallic green Shroomboom. As far as I'm concerned, winning a contest like this saves me about $10+tax smilie

I scoff at the notion of 1000. I represent two must-have-it-earlys myself, for me and my step-son. I've got another guy at work who is a must-have-it-early. That's three within a one-mile radius in Michigan. 1000 is a SEVERE underestimate.
megatronhalo Green Sparx Gems: 304
#116 Posted: 17:07:39 14/10/2014
I SOOO agree ZapNorris lol
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#117 Posted: 17:17:28 14/10/2014
woo hoo just won my first one on the phone about 4 mins ago!
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#118 Posted: 18:06:47 14/10/2014
So I just won via phone! However, when they asked to enter in my complete home address, i included my state, city, and zip code as well as the street name, etc. Once that was done, they asked for my state, city, and zip code specifically, so basically i repeated the same information in 2 different spots. Will this cause any issues?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:39 14/10/2014 by Dsi568
#119 Posted: 18:10:57 14/10/2014
what's the phone number?
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#120 Posted: 18:16:02 14/10/2014

I scoff at the notion of 1000. I represent two must-have-it-earlys myself, for me and my step-son. I've got another guy at work who is a must-have-it-early. That's three within a one-mile radius in Michigan. 1000 is a SEVERE underestimate.

What kind of must have it early are you? Are you the "I'll throw my wallet at you and pay $1000" kind of person or the more causal "I'll pay $25-50 to get a $10 figure early" kind? I don't see you, your step son, and co worker all plopping down $50 or more to get a figure early...then again, I don't know how you budget and could be entirely wrong. There's always must have it early types out there, but all at different price points depending on how much value is placed on having a particular toy early. At the end of the day, to each his/her own when it comes to finances.
#121 Posted: 19:57:39 14/10/2014

What kind of must have it early are you? Are you the "I'll throw my wallet at you and pay $1000" kind of person or the more causal "I'll pay $25-50 to get a $10 figure early" kind? I don't see you, your step son, and co worker all plopping down $50 or more to get a figure early...then again, I don't know how you budget and could be entirely wrong. There's always must have it early types out there, but all at different price points depending on how much value is placed on having a particular toy early. At the end of the day, to each his/her own when it comes to finances.

$1000 is crazy. Hell, even $50 is crazy. IF it's not right by Christmas. If it's right by Christmas, I might do $50 and have a somewhat-perturbed-with-me wife. I did it last year by purchasing some of the Stink Bomb/Rubble Rouser/Spy Rise wave off of Amazon Italy or Germany or somewhere, and having them shipped expedited to have them by the big day. I've already been wondering if there will be another such situation this season, and I'm not dead-set against if it's a particularly desirable character.

I think my co-worker did the same, if I recall.
#122 Posted: 20:07:59 14/10/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
what's the phone number?

gaiz?
#123 Posted: 20:27:38 14/10/2014
Quote: Dsi568
So I just won via phone! However, when they asked to enter in my complete home address, i included my state, city, and zip code as well as the street name, etc. Once that was done, they asked for my state, city, and zip code specifically, so basically i repeated the same information in 2 different spots. Will this cause any issues?

nope mine arrived and was put in the system fine back for the fire bone hot dog one. you should be fine as long as you repeated the same stuff

@Zap - seriously read back a few pages to the start of the thread, the number's there
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#124 Posted: 22:56:04 14/10/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn
So do we scan the front page of the website or what?

Please answer.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#125 Posted: 23:25:04 14/10/2014
That, or call the number, or scan the Frito bag that has the High Five promo.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#126 Posted: 01:47:17 15/10/2014

Please answer.

It's a mystery, gang.

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#127 Posted: 02:00:25 15/10/2014

Please answer.

I am able to Blippar scan this image below to enter:

[User Posted Image]

It has worked 100% of the time. Focus in on the High Five character image.

Good luck.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#128 Posted: 02:16:22 15/10/2014
You don't even have to scan the bag - just some official High Five artwork...

[User Posted Image]
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#129 Posted: 04:36:05 15/10/2014
Just won my first, 11:28 PM CST 10/14/2014. Yay!
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
#130 Posted: 04:47:06 15/10/2014
And my second at 11:46PM 10/14/2014!
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#131 Posted: 05:08:05 15/10/2014
I haven't won by phone yet. I just want one so I don't have to pay for him later smilie
#132 Posted: 05:21:22 15/10/2014
and my third at 12:14AM 10/15/2014. I'm so lucky tonight, I almost don't want to stop calling...but I need to go to bed. I want to win more for my friends overseas. They are getting me things (like the E3 trap with Outlaw Brawl and Chain) so it's only fair since they can't do this over the pond.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#133 Posted: 05:21:53 15/10/2014
Quote: Taronyx
Just won my first, 11:28 PM CST 10/14/2014. Yay!

And my second at 11:46PM 10/14/2014!

and my third at 12:14AM 10/15/2014. I'm so lucky tonight, I almost don't want to stop calling...but I need to go to bed. I want to win more for my friends overseas. They are getting me things (like the E3 trap with Outlaw Brawl and Chain) so it's only fair since they can't do this over the pond.

Okay, I think we get it already.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:50 15/10/2014 by Aura24
#134 Posted: 05:25:49 15/10/2014

I hope you aren't sending them all to the same address won on the same day, cause they will cancel your wins after your first one in 24 hours.

Also, if your phone wins are coming that easily it's not a guarantee. In the hot dog contest people were winning super easily the first few days/week, but then none of their wins ever showed up in the system. This happened to me. There's no "proof" or guarantee your phone win is legit, which is why I'm sticking with the app this time around as those were the only ones I received in the past except for 1 phone win after a loooooong wait.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:56 15/10/2014 by PurpleSnurple
#135 Posted: 09:08:54 15/10/2014
if they come from the same phone and address within 24 hours only the first will count. i can definitely vouch for that and i can tell you right now that possibly 1 or 2 of those just don't count at all. unless you had them go to a different address.
---
#136 Posted: 11:06:25 15/10/2014
^yes. exactly. However, I'm not sure it's actually 24 hours, but rather 1 per day which by the rules is from 12am CT to 12am CT. That is why you can play your email address at 11pm and it will allow you to play it again after 12am even though you played an hour ago. I won at like 4am the first day, then won again at like 2am the next day. Not fully 24 hours, but the email address worked as it was another day by the rules. Hopefully, they abide by their rules and don't hold to a strict 24 hours cause that wouldn't be fair. smilie it seems the game has gotten harder each day, I didn't win today and can't try again til after midnight tonight lol!
#137 Posted: 11:31:54 15/10/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
^yes. exactly. However, I'm not sure it's actually 24 hours, but rather 1 per day which by the rules is from 12am CT to 12am CT. That is why you can play your email address at 11pm and it will allow you to play it again after 12am even though you played an hour ago. I won at like 4am the first day, then won again at like 2am the next day. Not fully 24 hours, but the email address worked as it was another day by the rules. Hopefully, they abide by their rules and don't hold to a strict 24 hours cause that wouldn't be fair. smilie it seems the game has gotten harder each day, I didn't win today and can't try again til after midnight tonight lol!

that worked for the fire bone hot dogs i did win that arrived. they weren't a full 24 hours BUT they were on two different days. One was the afternoon and the other was first thing in the morning on the next day.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:17 15/10/2014 by tigerdr
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#138 Posted: 13:10:23 15/10/2014

Outlaw Brawl & Chain is NOT from E3. You are thinking of riot shield shredder. You can get Outlaw B&C from target!
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#139 Posted: 14:14:31 15/10/2014
Yes, thank you for pointing out all my errors. I meant E3 trap with riot shield shredder. I'm guessing I will get two out of the three because they were on different days.

Also, I didn't post everytime to brag. I posted because I thought people were using this thread to determine which 15 minute interval to try. I apologize if that's how it sounded.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:28:02 15/10/2014 by Taronyx
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#140 Posted: 19:56:26 15/10/2014
I've scanned the image that you guys put, put my info, didn't win, scanned it again, put info but with a period after first letter of gmail address, didn't win, I repeated this until I couldn't put anymore periods. Am I doing something wrong?
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#141 Posted: 19:58:01 15/10/2014
I hate the blippar app! It also leaves my location on, and runs my battery down fast!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#142 Posted: 20:20:10 15/10/2014
Man I have lost count of how many times I have entered using both ways... and have yet to win even once. Was hopping to win 2 times (only need 1 but from past experience they don't always send all wins out, so better safe then sorry). Man I'm bummed out, did not wont to wait till next year for the core skylander I was looking forward to the most, and my wallet could use this as it needed CPR after all of wave 1 & 2... Well there is always tomorrow.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#143 Posted: 21:29:30 15/10/2014
I was messing around with my ipad & blipar and WON again.. the time was random as hell. Thats 2 !! Guud Luck and keep trying !!
---
#144 Posted: 21:36:15 15/10/2014
Quote: darkrai848
Man I have lost count of how many times I have entered using both ways... and have yet to win even once. Was hopping to win 2 times (only need 1 but from past experience they don't always send all wins out, so better safe then sorry). Man I'm bummed out, did not wont to wait till next year for the core skylander I was looking forward to the most, and my wallet could use this as it needed CPR after all of wave 1 & 2... Well there is always tomorrow.

Don't worry too much yet. This contest runs until 12/31, plenty of time left! smilie Perhaps try mid-week or over holidays when ppl are thinking about it less? There will probably be a lull in the middle of the contest period.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#145 Posted: 22:27:39 15/10/2014
i won one yesterday just need 3 more for my freinds wo cant afford it yah smilie
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#146 Posted: 23:02:54 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I can't even tell you how many times I've lost in the past 3 days. Jeez.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#147 Posted: 23:49:37 15/10/2014
Same here Matt! With everyone I knows phone number and birthday!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#148 Posted: 23:56:40 15/10/2014
I'm in the same boat, no wins and I don't know how many attempts. The good thing is the contest goes on for some time. Good luck to everyone.
#149 Posted: 00:10:30 16/10/2014
just called and lost.
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#150 Posted: 00:28:50 16/10/2014
The problem is just like the FireBone Hot Dog contest the longer the contest went the less and less people went. Even though it goes on until December, people are winning 3 a day, there is only a limited amount.
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me