1 2
2 New Adventure packs
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 19:22:45 20/09/2014
Quote: Eggers
Quote: Eggers
Here it was:

Quote: BP
I have a small game store, and I just noticed that one of my distributors posted some of their Trap Team info.

It looks like the Traps are selling in 3-packs ($13.99 MSRP) and singles ($5.99 MSRP).

There is something called a "Trap Level Pack," which is packaged in boxes of 6 and has an MSRP of $24.99. I assume that is going to be the equivalent of adventure packs.

Trap Masters have a MSRP of $14.99, and come in boxes of 12.

There are triple packs, which are $24.99 MSRP.

There are "Mini Character 2-packs", which have an MSRP of $13.99.

Single figures are $9.99 MSRP and come in boxes of 12, just like usual.

So this might be the trap level pack. Just the two light/dark trap masters and the level is the thought I'm having.

I'd probably also say they may have a light or dark trap since the poster looks like they'll have dark and light villains, but considering there are 8 villain spots, they may also sell them individually as well. I think the two characters, the level and a trap would be well worth $25.

Great idea!

That would also explain why there wasn't any Magic Item, along with the Adventure Pieces.
I'm gonna assume that there will be only those two Light and Dark traps, so that when you buy the Packs, you will have both access to the Elemental Gates, and the possibility to trap the villains related to those Elements.

There is still one question, though.
If there is only one Core character, inside the packs, and I suppose it's a Core since the price is the same of a regular Adventure Pack, how will the Trap Masters be sold?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#52 Posted: 19:41:50 20/09/2014
I doubt we will get any thing other than a core in the adventure packs along with 2 items. Just because he didn't snap pi ture o see them doesn't mean there aren't more items. And I HIGHLY doubt they will sell a Trap Master in an adventure pack, especially for new elements. They will sell like wildfire, no pun intended, in their own single packages.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#53 Posted: 19:58:36 20/09/2014
Quote: Drek95
Wasn't Sunscraper Spire's music in the leaked soundtrack?

Can't remember well, because I didn't wanted to spoil level names.

It was called Sunscraper Towers, but it's definately this level since it'd get confused with Sunrise Towers(battle arena from Giants) otherwise.

Hey, maybe this explains why the soundtrack got removed. a)The name was wrong and b)We're not supposed to know about a Light Element-themed Adventure Pack.

And as long as Midnight Museum isn't a dumb reference to Night at the Museum, I'd love to get this if it's really themed entirely after the Dark element.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#54 Posted: 20:17:07 20/09/2014
Well at least the mystery of 18 cores has finally been solved. I feel alright now that we know that much, except now we need to know who these two are.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#55 Posted: 20:22:04 20/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost

It was called Sunscraper Towers, but it's definately this level since it'd get confused with Sunrise Towers(battle arena from Giants) otherwise.

Hey, maybe this explains why the soundtrack got removed. a)The name was wrong and b)We're not supposed to know about a Light Element-themed Adventure Pack.

And as long as Midnight Museum isn't a dumb reference to Night at the Museum, I'd love to get this if it's really themed entirely after the Dark element.

Absolutely agree!

However, I would have really liked a Life themed Adventure Pack, to complete the original Element ones, and they could have simply put High Five inside the Nighmare Express, since Blades doesn't march it as well.

But with the introduction of a Dark Element, we might finally see a "darker and serious" level, this time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#56 Posted: 20:31:08 20/09/2014
And even if it can't go past PG for the dark and serious part, at least they're free from the Undead themes this time. No need for skeletons and spider webs this time, just good old dark and scary rooms and maybe awesome black crystals or purple energy orbs.

Nightmare Express seems to be about a lot of things though. The train itself seems undead, the level has Moai heads, Noodles is in one of the wagons... I don't think it'll actually have a set element.
---
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#57 Posted: 22:04:27 20/09/2014
I don't think most Adventure Packs have a set element. Empire Of Ice and Darklight Crypt, sure. But SheepWreck Island seemed way more Magic based than tech. Going by the Skylander given in the packs doesn't always go perfectly with the level's design or theme. I'm not sure if it's a marketing strategy or what that they decide to put certain characters in certain packs. The first two for TT and the ones from SF haven't seemed as thought out as the original four, but there is probably a reason for everything.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#58 Posted: 22:27:58 20/09/2014

There was. It was a pretty groovy tune. Just to clarify doesn't poster show both mini elements have four empty spots. That would mean two cores and trap masters for the two new elements. I hope I am right as only getting the cores through adventure packs is a bit of a cash grab.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#59 Posted: 22:44:18 20/09/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

Just to clarify doesn't poster show both mini elements have four empty spots. That would mean two cores and trap masters for the two new elements. I hope I am right as only getting the cores through adventure packs is a bit of a cash grab.

No, there are four empty spots for light and dark combined - two each. (Though Skylander Dad did mistakenly say that the nameplates were character spots in one of his videos.)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#60 Posted: 22:49:13 20/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: Snap Shot

Just to clarify doesn't poster show both mini elements have four empty spots. That would mean two cores and trap masters for the two new elements. I hope I am right as only getting the cores through adventure packs is a bit of a cash grab.

No, there are four empty spots for light and dark combined - two each. (Though Skylander Dad did mistakenly say that the nameplates were character spots in one of his videos.)

Ok make sense now. I am a bit disappointed in that. So it looks l you need a trap master of each element.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:22 20/09/2014 by Snap Shot
#61 Posted: 23:43:34 20/09/2014
Quote: ToySoldierMafia
I don't think most Adventure Packs have a set element. Empire Of Ice and Darklight Crypt, sure. But SheepWreck Island seemed way more Magic based than tech. Going by the Skylander given in the packs doesn't always go perfectly with the level's design or theme. I'm not sure if it's a marketing strategy or what that they decide to put certain characters in certain packs. The first two for TT and the ones from SF haven't seemed as thought out as the original four, but there is probably a reason for everything.

Tower of Time and Sheep Wreck Island have always seemed swapped (what a coincidence! smilie), to me.
I mean, vortexes and wind currents seems more Air (and thus Pop Thorn) related, and a mechanical/steam punk setting looks like a Tech (and thus Wind Up) settlement.

Regarding the SA packs, Pirate Seas was hardly relatable to Earth, but Dragon Peak worked quite fine, since dragons are normally associated to fire.

Maybe you are right, however.
I just like an elemental allignment for everything Skylander-related, I guess. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#62 Posted: 00:35:10 21/09/2014
Dragon's Peak was more Air-like, though, because of the dragon horn mechanic and since the islands were even more apart than usual levels.
---
#63 Posted: 01:12:00 21/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Dragon's Peak was more Air-like, though, because of the dragon horn mechanic and since the islands were even more apart than usual levels.

That's also true.

However, characters usually fitted well their Adventure Packs, even if not elementally connected.

Terrafin matches both a water and earth theme.
Ghost Roaster is perfect, for an undead crypt.
Slam Bam was the only ice-related Skylander, back in SA.
Sunburn is an interesting dragon hybrid.
Pop Thorn and Wind Up still seems swapped, in terms of themes.
Déja Vù fits well, as a misterious Magic character.
And Blades... Well, let's just wait to see his level,

No doubt the new Light and Dark characters will go well, with their packs. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#64 Posted: 02:39:44 21/09/2014
@Drek95, I am totally with you on that. Though I think Terrafin went well with the Pirate Seas because he's a shark and it was about pirates playing cards. Just like Dragon's Peak seemed more Air-based, it worked for Sunburn because it was about dragons. But I do too wish it was more about the elements. So, it will be nice seeing the new elements having their own Adventure Pack that work for them.
#65 Posted: 03:28:17 21/09/2014
Any idea when these packs will be officially announced? I am keen to check out spotlight and black out.
---
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#66 Posted: 05:30:07 21/09/2014
I would say they will likely be fully announced some time around the holidays at the earliest.
#67 Posted: 06:39:41 21/09/2014
Quote: megaman312
I would say they will likely be fully announced some time around the holidays at the earliest.

Unfortunately, I guess so.
If not, why insert the "?" poster, inside the Starter Pack?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:44 21/09/2014 by Drek95
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#68 Posted: 07:42:05 21/09/2014

Infortunately, I guess so.

Well, I think that they'll announce these Characters before the release of the game. If they don't, then it's kind of pointless to put question marks on posters and make kids go dissapointed.
#69 Posted: 09:14:29 21/09/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11

Infortunately, I guess so.

Well, I think that they'll announce these Characters before the release of the game. If they don't, then it's kind of pointless to put question marks on posters and make kids go dissapointed.

Sky dad said that the question mark poster is likely to be the final poster to be the poster at the launch. I hope he is wrong so we can find out who they are sooner.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#70 Posted: 09:22:35 21/09/2014
I doubt we'd see the mystery Skylanders on the poster released at launch, until the devs decide to reveal them later on, or a hacker gets impatient and posts them online.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#71 Posted: 11:06:15 21/09/2014
I doubt we'll even need a hacker. They are quire likely to show up in the collections or something.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#72 Posted: 11:44:07 21/09/2014
Quote: Medicus
I doubt we'll even need a hacker. They are quire likely to show up in the collections or something.

Even if so,there always is a hacker who'll find out all the Variant Skylanders...
#73 Posted: 14:13:53 21/09/2014
Quote: Medicus

Don't think so.
They'll probably show up as question marks in the collection screen too, until you phisically add them to the game, just as in the 3DS version.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#74 Posted: 18:18:15 21/09/2014
The green Gulper looks photoshopped.....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#75 Posted: 20:10:10 21/09/2014
Well guys, we will know who comes with the packs the day trap team comes out because of the official strategy guide! It always had all of the adventure packs, and we will also know what are the final skylanders!
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#76 Posted: 20:25:39 21/09/2014
They could leave question marks in the guide, too. If I remember corrctly the SF guide was missing some variants.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#77 Posted: 22:26:58 21/09/2014
^ Dude, variants aren't in those books.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#78 Posted: 00:22:29 22/09/2014
Variants are in those books jade fire kraker was the only one not in the book
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#79 Posted: 12:31:28 22/09/2014
Maybe in the swap force one but nothing in the other two. (I don't have the swap force one)
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#80 Posted: 22:42:46 22/09/2014
the 3ds version should have all the variants in it so we should know the ones coming out through that too
#81 Posted: 23:32:16 22/09/2014
Quote: jedihunter12
the 3ds version should have all the variants in it so we should know the ones coming out through that too

That's true.
But, while it will probably have in-game models for High Five, Flip Wreck and Bat Spin too, I wouldn't be so sure about the Dark and Light Skylanders.

After all, those Element seems to appear as question marks, in the characters selection menu.
We will probably have to add them phisically, before even checking them out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:17 22/09/2014 by Drek95
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me