Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Mystic Star Strike's Hut [CLOSED]
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#1 Posted: 15:41:56 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I am still new at playing Lost Island.
Does people in this community buy the gem pack to get the Hut for their characters or do you wait and win them from spinning.
I do not want to keep putting money into this game plus buy the real skylander figures too.
Any advise will be great.
Thank you
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#2 Posted: 15:50:14 19/09/2014
You can usually get them for 350 gems within a month of release. Hold out if you don't want to spend the cash!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 16:16:24 19/09/2014
If you buy Skylander toys you have more than enough supported this game . smilie . Save up your gems and you will be fine . If you are a newbie , you have plenty of other things to worry about first .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:04 19/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 16:39:47 19/09/2014
I think many new players buy a gem pack or two. I would wait for them to be on sale before doing it. Sometimes you get 300 gems for $1.99 or (better) 300 gems for $.99. I think it's fair to spend a few bucks on a game you're playing and enjoying.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#5 Posted: 17:05:54 19/09/2014
I believe it is common to spend some real money on the game. If it's a game you are spending hours playing and enjoying, it's reasonable.

Some people buy *many* toys - and you get rewarded for entering those codes - those players are typically less inclined to spend money on this game, since they've already spent a significant amount on the franchise.

There are others who only have a handful of physical figures - or even none at all. For them, it seems far more reasonable to pay for this game.

I think the deal for the hut is actually a good one, if you are considering spending real money. $5 gets you 550 gems + MSS Hut. The hut will almost definitely be available at some point in the future for 350 gems, so you can consider your total gem increase to be 900. Standard offer is $2 for 100 gems. Current sale offer is $2 for 300 gems. So $5 for 900 gems is a better deal.

Yes, the best deal is $1 for 300 gems if you want to wait for it. I haven't seen that one in many months and only saw it a handful of times before that. If you want to get ahead now, I think this is a good offer to go for.

But if you're patient, you'll eventually collect enough gems for whatever you want to buy. It's not necessary to pay real money in order to succeed at the game.

Sorry - this was a bit long-winded!

Short version:
Don't feel pressured to spend real money in the game - you can do well without it if you are patient.
It is very reasonable to spend real money on a game you are playing and enjoying - this current offer is good value for money.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#6 Posted: 17:30:23 19/09/2014
Very well put!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#7 Posted: 19:14:31 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
My kids love the skylander figurines so I buy them to reward them. Good grades on school test (so many in a roll) or in lieu of allowance for daily chores.
I have bought a few gem packs and a couple of them had rewards with them. The Mystic Star Strike was my 1st opportunity to win in the wishing well. When I saw the house for her I was wondering what the next step was. I will wait for a big gem sale or to collect gems.
In about a month + 1/2 I have reached level 28. I can check my tablet hourly, so that makes it easier.
This site has been a big help.
Thank you all for your feed back and this sites support.
Kevin L McGormley - Facebook
KevinMcG8325 - Game Center
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 20:01:15 19/09/2014
The hit is usually available soon after the gem offer expires. It's only exclusive to the gem sale during the sale. I believe there's a limited time you can usually get the hut, but I'm not sure how long that is. But they eventually come back from time to time during special sales and events. I've been playing this game for 1 1/2 years and haven't put any real money into the game except for the Skylanders I purchased (which I had already bought for the console games so I didn't consider it money towards Lost Islands). I'm level 45 and have pretty much everything in the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me