darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > More info on Light & Dark elements + Spotlight & Blackout characters
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
More info on Light & Dark elements + Spotlight & Blackout characters
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#51 Posted: 11:45:16 22/09/2014
Well alrighty then, no worries. My fault for misunderstanding. Thank you for elaborating, and attempting to aid a newcomer.
---
1Jn47
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 12:15:21 22/09/2014
Quote: Plordigian
Well alrighty then, no worries. My fault for misunderstanding. Thank you for elaborating, and attempting to aid a newcomer.

No problem. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#53 Posted: 15:13:41 24/09/2014
I did some digging around and found these listings on Walmart, from their price points I'd say that Spotlight and Blackout are core Skylanders while Knight Light and Knight Mare are Trap Masters.

And Blackout is going to be in a triple pack of Blackout/Fling Kong/Pop Fizz so there's that too.

(I also found a few other future triple packs of High Five/Trail Blazer/Jet-Vac, Cobra Cadabra/Bat Spin/Fryno, Deja Vu/Rocky Roll/Echo but that's a bit off topic smilie)
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#54 Posted: 15:21:20 24/09/2014
wow nice finds, Dark!
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#55 Posted: 15:34:38 24/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Interesting. Did you see anything on Light and Dark Traps?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
trapshadow77 Blue Sparx Gems: 520
#56 Posted: 15:39:24 24/09/2014
I am wondering how light and dark traps would work. I get how the light traps would be white but what color would the dark traps be? Kaos's trap is already black and the undead trap is already gray. I am just wondering how they are going to distinguish the dark traps from the other traps besides having a different symbol.
---
smilie"I think someone forgot to invite me to become a Trap Master."smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#57 Posted: 15:55:05 24/09/2014
So it appears that Knight Mare is the centaur mentioned in the OP. And judging by the name, they're female. Otherwise, that's a rather unfortunate name even if it is a pun.
#58 Posted: 15:58:34 24/09/2014
Quote: trapshadow77
I am wondering how light and dark traps would work. I get how the light traps would be white but what color would the dark traps be? Kaos's trap is already black and the undead trap is already gray. I am just wondering how they are going to distinguish the dark traps from the other traps besides having a different symbol.

Dark purple, just like the symbol.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#59 Posted: 16:03:06 24/09/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
So it appears that Knight Mare is the centaur mentioned in the OP. And judging by the name, they're female. Otherwise, that's a rather unfortunate name even if it is a pun.

How do they sound female? And which ones to be more exact? Because none of them sound particularly male or female to me.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#60 Posted: 16:04:05 24/09/2014
mare is a female horse
T-Fyre Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#61 Posted: 16:49:38 24/09/2014
We're any pics found pls link
#62 Posted: 16:50:00 24/09/2014
Quote: shadowfox
mare is a female horse

Ah, ok. I never knew the term mare was only for females. Thanks.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#63 Posted: 17:24:57 24/09/2014
Spotlight and Blackout are new core Skylanders since they cost $9.96 at Walmart. Knight Mare and Knight Light are new Trap Masters, which is why they each cost $14.96. Regardless, I intend to get all four of them.
trapshadow77 Blue Sparx Gems: 520
#64 Posted: 19:32:14 24/09/2014
Quote: Drek95
Quote: trapshadow77

Dark purple, just like the symbol.

Oh ok. That makes way more sense than to have it as the same color as the kaos trap. Can't wait until they release the new light and dark traps and trap masters.
---
smilie"I think someone forgot to invite me to become a Trap Master."smilie
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#65 Posted: 22:55:28 24/09/2014
They've been taken off.
---
^ You all know it's true
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#66 Posted: 23:00:18 24/09/2014
^Of course. The devs watch the forums here, so if anyone posts the website source of leaks, they'll contact that website to take them down.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#67 Posted: 23:05:40 24/09/2014
So spotlight and black out will still be in adventure packs.?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#68 Posted: 02:36:30 26/09/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
So spotlight and black out will still be in adventure packs.?

Maybe like blades and how she is in a triple pack and an adventure pack
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#69 Posted: 14:56:49 27/09/2014
Eye Five is light and Eye Scream is dark.
Credit goes to: Bewaretheswarm

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:12 27/09/2014 by wgeorge111
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#70 Posted: 15:39:47 27/09/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

[User Posted Image]

Thanks for posting!
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#71 Posted: 15:45:58 27/09/2014

[User Posted Image]

Which one is Eye Scream? I can figure out Eye Five based on the two hands with eyes.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#72 Posted: 15:48:07 27/09/2014
^ The one with an eye in his mouth.
#73 Posted: 15:50:10 27/09/2014
^ The one with an eye in his mouth.

Ah, ok I see it now. At first I thought those were just eyelashes smilie Makes more sense now. Thank you!
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#74 Posted: 15:52:12 27/09/2014
Eye Brawl, Eye Five, Eye Scream....Eye sense a future storyline....
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#75 Posted: 16:08:52 27/09/2014
Eye Five, High Five... I call Shy Five, Bye Five, Lie Five, Spy Five and Fly Five for Sky Five! XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#76 Posted: 16:12:01 27/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Eye Five, High Five... I call Shy Five, Bye Five, Lie Five, Spy Five and Fly Five for Sky Five! XP

Given some of the names we've gotten, eye believe you.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:24 27/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#77 Posted: 16:15:06 27/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

I can see Spy Five being a spy with transforming bionic hands.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#78 Posted: 21:30:35 27/09/2014
So are there Dark/Light Trap Master elemental gates and Dark/Light Traps
#79 Posted: 22:30:06 27/09/2014
Quote: wah543
So are there Dark/Light Trap Master elemental gates and Dark/Light Traps

If there are dark/light villains, then there would be traps for them. As for the gates, it's assumed so since the unknown element gate was shown in one video. Perhaps when a dark or light character is added to the Skylander list, it might transform those all from unknown gates to dark or light gates.
---
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#80 Posted: 23:56:46 27/09/2014
I think the gates in the actual game will always display as Dark/Light. The element was probably only changed to "unknown" for the demo because for some reason they think it's still a good idea to keep secrets from us, all for the sake of a "surprise"...
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#81 Posted: 00:00:22 28/09/2014
Yeah, currently they're the same color as the Undead Traps (though probably the Traptanium Undead gates are white or something) - not dark purple enough for Dark and far from Light's bright yellow.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#82 Posted: 00:38:01 28/09/2014
Quote: dark52
I did some digging around and found these listings on Walmart, from their price points I'd say that Spotlight and Blackout are core Skylanders while Knight Light and Knight Mare are Trap Masters.

And Blackout is going to be in a triple pack of Blackout/Fling Kong/Pop Fizz so there's that too.

(I also found a few other future triple packs of High Five/Trail Blazer/Jet-Vac, Cobra Cadabra/Bat Spin/Fryno, Deja Vu/Rocky Roll/Echo but that's a bit off topic smilie)

I'm definitely going to try and obtain those four Skylanders. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#83 Posted: 01:21:23 28/09/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
I think the gates in the actual game will always display as Dark/Light. The element was probably only changed to "unknown" for the demo because for some reason they think it's still a good idea to keep secrets from us, all for the sake of a "surprise"...

Don't think so.

In the 3DS version we have both a screen with two "?" in the Element section, and one with the two symbols for Dark and Light.
The gates will probably reveal their true Element ONLY when a Core or a Trap Master of those ones is added to the collection.

Moreover, why would they reveal the gates in-game, if the poster that comes with the Starter Pack still has question marks characters...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#84 Posted: 04:31:48 28/09/2014
What I don't get is why sell them singularly when the cores will more than likely to be in the last two adventure packs.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#85 Posted: 05:02:58 28/09/2014
I, honestly, dislike the speculation that there wouldn't be a light villain (apologies if that seemed rude to you guys). The reason for that is, light is not necissarily a good thing. The human mind views it as such because we can see in light, making it far easier to protect ourselves if need be. Also, light can be used for nefarious purposes. Lazers are beams of light, used to burn and cut things, and though we're not at the point of having access to lazer guns (well, at least not the general populace), you can probably see the possibility of misuse there.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#86 Posted: 05:03:11 28/09/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX
It's the only day where I'm the only one who can help!

DARK Okay the first character is called blackout he's a four-legged character using tentacular shadow and vortexes to attack. There's another one that we don't know his name yet but it's a centaur with a big sword.

LIGHT There will be spotlight, another four-legged character shooting lazers and ring! The article also says that the rings and lazers work the same as Prism Break's lazers and crystals. So we can know a little bit how it'll look like. And the other one is caller light (What an original name!) This guy will be a guardian angel with a warrior look. It makes me think of the character that SkyDad saw at TFB with the wing and the broken sword.

It also clearly says in the last line of the text that names might change... :/

Let's leave the character and talk about the elements themselves. In the article it says that they're not sure if they'll be Trap masters or Core character but I think they'll be trap masters cuz you can open element doors with Trap masters only.

btw I'm french so yeah I can clearly read this article.

We could've just used translate soo
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#87 Posted: 06:11:29 28/09/2014
Quote: assassinelf
I, honestly, dislike the speculation that there wouldn't be a light villain (apologies if that seemed rude to you guys). The reason for that is, light is not necissarily a good thing. The human mind views it as such because we can see in light, making it far easier to protect ourselves if need be. Also, light can be used for nefarious purposes. Lazers are beams of light, used to burn and cut things, and though we're not at the point of having access to lazer guns (well, at least not the general populace), you can probably see the possibility of misuse there.

it depends on how they are defining the term "Light". From a scientific perspective, yes "light" is neither good or evil, but it is fairly common for the Light/Dark dichotomy to represent Good/Evil, Angels/Demons etc in video games, there is a difference between the "light" that a street lamp or torch goes off, and the "Light" element that the characters belong to.
The picture of the prototype angelic looking character that many are assuming is the Light Trap Master looks like they are subscribing to the "Light=Good/Angelic" definition, rather than the scientific "Light as electromagnetic radiation visible to the human eye" definition.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#88 Posted: 10:13:56 28/09/2014
After all, let's not forget that there will be Dark Skylanders, and they should be heroes.
So maybe a Light Doom Raider isn't so unlikely.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:07 28/09/2014 by Drek95
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#89 Posted: 12:41:11 28/09/2014
There are plenty of good guys pretending to be bad and vice versa in things like books, movies, and video games. Plenty of characters that have switched allegiances, as well. Not to mention the fact that good and bad are relative terms, so there are varying degrees of good and evil, with most people/characters falling somewhere near the middle.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#90 Posted: 13:56:48 28/09/2014
There's no good and evil in this world, just hear this epic speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEbZcCIXkXY
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:32 28/09/2014 by Buuzer
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#91 Posted: 19:14:13 28/09/2014
^ This is not this this world were talking about. Were talking about skylands.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#92 Posted: 02:28:29 29/09/2014
^Good and evil are just ideals, nothing more. And those ideals are in every world, be it our or skylanders.
#93 Posted: 09:33:03 03/10/2014
Quote: dark52

I am definitely getting blackout in this triple pack. At least we all know the trap masters are only needed to unlock the other adventure levels.
---
dragons50SH Green Sparx Gems: 300
#94 Posted: 03:38:10 04/10/2014
Hi guys! On this video you can see "Magic Items" (that haven´t been announced yet) for the Dark and Light Skylanders (apparently)

Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#95 Posted: 04:27:32 04/10/2014

Don't think so.

In the 3DS version we have both a screen with two "?" in the Element section, and one with the two symbols for Dark and Light.
The gates will probably reveal their true Element ONLY when a Core or a Trap Master of those ones is added to the collection.

Moreover, why would they reveal the gates in-game, if the poster that comes with the Starter Pack still has question marks characters...?

You are correct, they show up in-game as a big question-mark gate, and the narrator gets an extra line of dialogue to introduce them, "This is a gate for an unknown element."

Same for unknown villians. I guess they won't become their particular type until I put the appropriate trap on.

Kind of a shame, makes the game look like a demo or something in those areas unless you've bought light and dark 'landers and traps (going to grab them all anyway though, they look awesome).
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#96 Posted: 12:05:07 04/10/2014
Quote: Charlio

Don't think so.

You are correct, they show up in-game as a big question-mark gate, and the narrator gets an extra line of dialogue to introduce them, "This is a gate for an unknown element."

Same for unknown villians. I guess they won't become their particular type until I put the appropriate trap on.

Kind of a shame, makes the game look like a demo or something in those areas unless you've bought light and dark 'landers and traps (going to grab them all anyway though, they look awesome).

As cool as they look, and as much time, money, and admiration as I've spent on this game series, there is no way I'm spending $200 on a demo.
---
1Jn47
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#97 Posted: 12:19:34 04/10/2014
The game is already a "demo" with the Life and Magic areas not accessible at launch. You should wait until all figures are available to buy the game I guess instead of enjoying it right now like the rest of people.

More than 80% of the game is accessible so this can't really be called a demo.
---
bye
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#98 Posted: 12:49:18 04/10/2014
Let's think.

100% of villain areas are open
Approx. 83% villains are capturable
60% of elemental gate are openable
100% of Traptainium is shatterable.

So the game is Approx. 85.75% accessable on day 1.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Zauron Green Sparx Gems: 162
#99 Posted: 23:50:02 04/10/2014
The two "core" figures seem to be pointless since only Trap Masters can open gates in this game, and the primary reason to get these special element characters would be to open the special mystery gates (after all there's no zones they'd be stronger in and no PvP, thus no other advantage to their special element besides Gate opening).

Why even offer non-Trap Master light and dark figures if they can't do anything special at all? Or do you think the Mystery Gates will be an exception and allow the Core Light and Dark characters to open them even though they aren't Trap Masters?

Quote: ninja9351
Let's think.

100% of villain areas are open
Approx. 83% villains are capturable
60% of elemental gate are openable
100% of Traptainium is shatterable.

So the game is Approx. 85.75% accessable on day 1.

Wait, sorry I missed something, why aren't 100% of villians capturable at launch? What's missing?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:19 04/10/2014 by Zauron
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#100 Posted: 23:57:35 04/10/2014
only as pointless as a 2nd trap master of an element is or any of the regular cores and minis, or having a 2nd, 3rd and 4th character of an element in past games.
no, there is no "purpose" to the new element cores, apart from having a new figures to have and display, a new characters to play.

it is possible that there will be zones that they are stronger in behind their elemental gates or in the 2 adventure packs.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me