Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
s&n needs drama [CLOSED]
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#1 Posted: 14:24:26 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
it needs it now
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#2 Posted: 14:50:52 18/09/2014
Pokemon and anime suck and anybody who likes them is a gay manchild.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:51:25 18/09/2014 by CAV
#3 Posted: 15:30:18 18/09/2014
^No because there are already people on here that dislike Miku.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#4 Posted: 15:30:55 18/09/2014
Quote: CAV

uhhh... YOUR FACE IS A GAY MANCHILD....

OOOOHHHH

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#5 Posted: 16:10:34 18/09/2014
Quote: Big Green

uhhh... YOUR FACE IS A GAY MANCHILD....

You wanna tussle, punk?

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Spyrobaro
^No because there are already people on here that dislike Miku.

Bruh, more people here jump on someone for hating Hatsune Miku than they do on someone who hates gay people.

Well we have an official Miku hater on the site, but no official gay-hater.

The site is unanimously pro-LGBT, with the few opposing users being trashed to high heaven. At least Miku haters can get away with a joke topic every now and then.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:32 18/09/2014 by CAV
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#6 Posted: 16:25:36 18/09/2014
DummyZ you want drama?

The site is unanimously pro-LGBT, with the few opposing users being trashed to high heaven. At least Miku haters can get away with a joke topic every now and then.

*raises hand*

Wait for it....

RUDE
Fite me IRL *raises fists*
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:36 18/09/2014 by AvatariDragon
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#7 Posted: 17:59:31 18/09/2014
I don't support gay rights.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 18:26:57 18/09/2014
I've always wanted to see big debates/arguments regarding controversial subjects on this board.
For example, I really liked the topic about personal beliefs and the conversation that it sparked, but unfortunately debating openly on that topic would've been really off-topic.

And just to get this out, because it kinda fits the subject of discussion..

I really hate it when people whine about "being offended" or "triggered" by whatever inane misinterpretation they've cherry-picked from the other person's post.
Being offended does not validate anybody's opinion, and furthermore, when you claim to have taken offence from something that is not concidered offending by societal norms (and common sense), you've just pretty much released us of the burden of having to take you seriously.
#9 Posted: 18:46:47 18/09/2014
Quote: Samius
I really hate it when people whine about "being offended" or "triggered" by whatever inane misinterpretation they've cherry-picked from the other person's post.
Being offended does not validate anybody's opinion, and furthermore, when you claim to have taken offence from something that is not concidered offending by societal norms (and common sense), you've just pretty much released us of the burden of having to take you seriously.

I'm going to need you to elaborate on what you see as cherry picking.

Cherry-picking a large message to center on one point and find it offensive is fairly ridiculous. But if an entire message is coated in these subliminal implications that can lead someone to being offended because of their experiences, background, or so on, I don't think it's off base for them to react in such a way. To me it's something to judge depending on situation, rather than assume that all "offenses" and the person in question be immediately discredited.

Logic dictates a lot of the world around us and is an important tool to going further as a human race and dispelling irrational problems and feelings. But we are not automatons with a black and white view of the world, and I think it's worth acknowledging that people can have irrational fears or problems. I have them. OP has them. I'm sure you do too.

That being said anybody who watches a movie, listens to a song, or reads something and finds one line as a trigger should probably sit down in a quiet room and really think about what's bothering them and if it's within sound reason. I do, however, acknowledge that it's a lot harder than it sounds.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:48:58 18/09/2014 by CAV
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#10 Posted: 19:56:00 18/09/2014
one time i double dipped
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 20:28:40 18/09/2014
ROXAS LOVES XION

Death Note isn't that great!

White people are not the sole source of evil in this world (despite what some liberals I know say)

Drugs are bad

TEENS SHOULD BE MORAL

AND AXEL VIEWS ROXAS AND XION LIKE HIS CHILDREN, NOT, WELL, WE'RE NOT EVEN GONNA GO THERE

There, those ought to cause a stir.

Also someone not supporting rights doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to offend certain people, they're just expressing their opinion and they're entitled to it. It can be just as bad to discriminate and attack people who don't support it as it is to discriminate and attack people who do. Sheesh, let some people think what they want for a change.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#12 Posted: 21:24:21 18/09/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
Also someone not supporting rights doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to offend certain people, they're just expressing their opinion and they're entitled to it. It can be just as bad to discriminate and attack people who don't support it as it is to discriminate and attack people who do. Sheesh, let some people think what they want for a change.

But being against someone's rights is practically implying that they're inferior human beings.

It's not a matter of "LGBT rights." It's a matter of HUMAN RIGHTS. All human beings deserve to be given the opportunity to live as PEOPLE no matter what their sexuality, gender or identity is. If you think otherwise you're saying that some people can't live like human beings based on things they have no control over.

This isn't people thinking what they want. This is discrimination and it needs to be corrected through educating people, end of story.

It's not really discrimination though unless a person acts on their beliefs. Simply saying "I don't agree with LGBT rights" doesn't really do anything except maybe piss some people off. Someone's opinion could just be empty words to you if you chose to not let it bother you.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#13 Posted: 21:29:48 18/09/2014
I don't quite know where to stand on the issue of opinions and rights as far as the LGBT discussion goes. Everybody knows that I'm pro LGBT, while also being pro free speech. And in the past I've been quick to defend people who were against LGBT rights because it's their right to say so and as long as they don't harm people there should be no fault (I mean that's what free speech is about, no?).

But now I'm really starting to think about it. Yeah it's an opinion, but at the same time I wonder about why one who's anti-LGBT would really care that much about what they do to where they have to be against it, religion or not. What other people decide to do with their partner has little to no impact on your life, and denying them marriage is just illogical. It is an opinion, yes. But there are such things as harmful opinions (I wouldn't call being anti-LGBT "ignorant").

And Sess recently made a great point in that being anti-LGBT is pretty similar to how people opposed to civil rights a half century ago. Yeah it was their opinion. But it was a harmful opinion that boiled down to racism for various reasons. They had the right to speak it out but there was no logical reasoning behind it and in the end it was preventing others from equal rights. That's not right and, with that in mind, neither is being strictly anti-LGBT.

I would hope that those who are anti-LGBT can change their minds and realize that it's ok and plays no impact on your life. It's cool to have an opinion, but this opinion is harmful and implies that you believe someone shouldn't have the same rights as you based on sexual orientation or how they don't feel comfortable in their gender from birth. I agree with Baro in that by that point it becomes discrimination.

That being said that doesn't excuse people to flame others who are anti-LGBT. You're supposed to be better than that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:49 18/09/2014 by CAV
#14 Posted: 21:43:30 18/09/2014
Okay, here's my opinion on the issue, then I'm done for now, 'cause I have an essay that I need to write smilie

I'm against it, yes. But I don't really give a **** what people do with their lives. They can do what they want, and if they legalize gay marriage I'm not gonna flip tables or go to anti-gay rallies or rage about it (I've never done anything like that anyway). But at the same time, I'm not gonna flip tables or go to pride parades if it doesn't become legalized. I don't go out of my way to make sure it doesn't become legalized. Their lives don't affect me, it's not my business, and none of it is my problem.
Why am I against it? Well, because the Bible says that it's wrong. That's all I really need, right there. You can say whatever you want about that, but my opinion isn't going to change. However, I'm not the type of person who says all gay people will burn in hell for eternity because of their lifestyle. We're all sinners, and Christians really aren't any better or worse than anyone else.
Also, I don't hate homosexuals, transgenders, whatever. To hate something is to imply that you don't want anything to do with that thing. One of my best friends is gay, and I have other friends who are gay. I don't judge them (or any gay person) because of it, and I don't hate them because of it. I treat them like I do any other friend or person.

That's all I can think of to say right now. I might add on to it later..
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:49:09 18/09/2014 by AvatariDragon
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#15 Posted: 21:57:25 18/09/2014
I like waffles
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#16 Posted: 22:02:27 18/09/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon
against it, yes. But I don't really give a **** what people do with their lives. They can do what they want, and if they legalize gay marriage I'm not gonna flip tables or go to anti-gay rallies or rage about it (I've never done anything like that anyway). But at the same time, I'm not gonna flip tables or go to pride parades if it doesn't become legalized. I don't go out of my way to make sure it doesn't become legalized. Their lives don't affect me, it's not my business, and none of it is my problem.
Why am I against it? Well, because the Bible says that it's wrong. That's all I really need, right there. You can say whatever you want about that, but my opinion isn't going to change. However, I'm not the type of person who says all gay people will burn in hell for eternity because of their lifestyle. We're all sinners, and Christians really aren't any better or worse than anyone else.
Also, I don't hate homosexuals, transgenders, whatever. To hate something is to imply that you don't want anything to do with that thing. One of my best friends is gay, and I have other friends who are gay. I don't judge them (or any gay person) because of it, and I don't hate them because of it. I treat them like I do any other friend or person.

A step in the right direction, and I commend you for letting people do as they wish and not getting bothered by it to the point where you need to constantly rally against it.

I disagree with you citing the Bible as your reasoning behind your thoughts, but that's another subject for another time, and I'm just content with you not stomping on other people about the whole thing.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#17 Posted: 22:03:05 18/09/2014
I know I may be biased since I'm A) Bisexual, and B ) I'm agnostic, but IMO the bible is based on a millenniums old philosophy that hasn't evolved with the times, and quite frankly shouldn't dictate people's lives anymore.

http://www.theblaze.com/storie...ith-a-religion/

Further more, more than 20 percent of the U.S. is atheist (2/10ths for those that like fractions). This is proving that ideology and reasoning is changing, and people are thinking not with religion, but with rational thought.

Also Avatari,

Why am I against it? Well, because the Bible says that it's wrong. That's all I really need, right there.

Well,

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."

Leviticus 20:13

I don't think the Bible is very consistent. "Thou shall not kill." My ****ing ass.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:27 18/09/2014 by JCW555
#18 Posted: 22:08:52 18/09/2014
It's jealousy and divorce against the bible as well?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#19 Posted: 22:10:41 18/09/2014
Quote: DragonCamo
It's jealousy and divorce against the bible as well?

divorce goes against the bible yeah
same with marrying a woman who was previously divorced
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#20 Posted: 22:13:58 18/09/2014
You also can't wear two or more different types of cloth at the same time.

The Bible tends to be old and outdated (and newer, updated ones tend to be ignored). I'd recommend reading it to practice faith and have it as a sort of self-help guide on how to live a nice life, but at the same time not take everything in it to heart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:03 18/09/2014 by CAV
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#21 Posted: 22:14:33 18/09/2014
Also you can't eat pork.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#22 Posted: 22:35:00 18/09/2014
Speaking as a former Christian (if even that; it was all an act to please a father i was scared to death of), I could say...things, about the Bible. But I'll refrain from doing so because every time I try to put something into words, it just becomes incoherent screaming and swearing. And I also don't really like coming across as an angry person.

However...

I'm still curious what exactly the Bible thinks of asexual homoromantics. Hell, asexuals in general.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#23 Posted: 22:52:32 18/09/2014
You also can't wear two or more different types of cloth at the same time.

Quote: JCW555
Also you can't eat pork.

don't forget that it's a sin to work on a sunday and to plant two crops right next to each other
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#24 Posted: 02:08:01 19/09/2014
I like waffles

that looks so out of place please delete it
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#25 Posted: 02:10:12 19/09/2014
Katie Vick
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#26 Posted: 02:11:48 19/09/2014
I hate it when users beat dead horses and ride the pony to popularity. *cough*
#27 Posted: 02:17:15 19/09/2014
Quote: Ninpire
I like waffles

that looks so out of place please delete it

don't be hatin
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#28 Posted: 02:20:36 19/09/2014
now
--
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#29 Posted: 13:23:41 19/09/2014
Quote: JCW555
Also you can't eat pork.

Well technically, that was for health reasons, at that point in time people didn't have the proper technology to sterilize pork meat, but whatever.

Anyway, all I mean is that just because someone thinks homosexulaity is wrong doesn't mean they're necessarily against rights or anything like that, but typically they'll be treated like homophobes and "oppressive monsters" regardless.

Moving on
Drama hmmm?

LELOUCH
DIED
, people, that extended Japanese ending at best was a deleted scene and at worse was fake.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#30 Posted: 14:10:35 19/09/2014
Okay, here's my opinion on the issue, then I'm done for now, 'cause I have an essay that I need to write smilie

I'm against it, yes. But I don't really give a **** what people do with their lives. They can do what they want, and if they legalize gay marriage I'm not gonna flip tables or go to anti-gay rallies or rage about it (I've never done anything like that anyway). But at the same time, I'm not gonna flip tables or go to pride parades if it doesn't become legalized. I don't go out of my way to make sure it doesn't become legalized. Their lives don't affect me, it's not my business, and none of it is my problem.

honestly saying your against gay rights and then saying you dont care about what they do in their lives seems kinda contradictory
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#31 Posted: 14:32:37 19/09/2014
Why am I against it? Well, because the Bible says that it's wrong. That's all I really need, right there.

the bible also says that divorce is mega bad and that non virgin brides and kids who don't listen to their parents should be stoned to death but i have yet to see you comment on that
#32 Posted: 15:10:42 19/09/2014
Anyway, all I mean is that just because someone thinks homosexulaity is wrong doesn't mean they're necessarily against rights or anything like that, but typically they'll be treated like homophobes and "oppressive monsters" regardless.

Unfortunately if you have an aversion to gay rights and go out of your way to speak of such or attend rallies, it is very difficult to not see you as homophobic or discriminatory. I disagree with Avatari. I think gay rights is fine and dandy. But at least she will let them live and do whatever they please, more or less stating that she herself wouldn't engage in such acts and doesn't support them. But if you find it wrong and attend rallies and speak on it, then yeah as much as I want you to have your free speech, it's also going to come at the price of being labeled discriminatory.

Also if you disagree with giving rights to a group of people, that means you would likely vote against giving them these rights, leading you to oppressing them in some manner. Not a monster, but oppressive nontheless.

It's really hard to make these posts sound neutral and nice while making a point.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#33 Posted: 15:24:06 19/09/2014
the bible is ****ing stupid

all i'm gonna say cus i'm enjoying the fireworks that are going on here
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#34 Posted: 15:35:00 19/09/2014
Quote: arceustheprime
honestly saying your against gay rights and then saying you dont care about what they do in their lives seems kinda contradictory

I agree, but it's how I feel nonetheless.

Quote: Big Green
the bible also says that divorce is mega bad and that non virgin brides and kids who don't listen to their parents should be stoned to death but i have yet to see you comment on that

I haven't made comments on that because it would have been irrelevant to the current topic.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#35 Posted: 15:59:03 19/09/2014

Being against gay rights does in fact make you homophobic :I What other reason would you not want them to have rights? They're people, and thinking that they don't deserve to have the same rights as heterosexual people means you are homophobic because homophobia is the irrational aversion of homosexual people.

*this probably doesn't make sense because i'm sick and i can't think of how to properly word this*

As someone who is very much in favor of equal rights (and not "gay rights" - which is very poor phrasing), I have to say that this is incorrect.

Many people who are against allowing homosexuals to have equal rights do so out of ignorance. Now, while ignorance does breed fear, they are not quite the same thing. For a lot of people, education is the key to convincing them of equal rights - and we, as a society, do a poor job at that.

Someone saying "eww... that's gay" isn't homophobia - it's ignorance, pure and simple.
#36 Posted: 16:09:00 19/09/2014
^I'm very hesitant to call it ignorance, since many people who are anti-LGBT are aware of who they are and what they want. They know these things, but continue to insist that they shouldn't have rights. At that point it's no longer ignorance and begins to fall into plain discrimination.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:56 19/09/2014 by CAV
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#37 Posted: 16:12:25 19/09/2014
It's not as easy as being aware of who they are and what they want - some folks think (incorrectly) that granting homosexuals equal rights will lead to >insert various form of the downfall of mankind here<.

I mean, if you have had it ingrained into your head since you were a child that allowing two men to marry would cause the earth to explode, you'd probably be against it too.

It's ignorance - and it's the worst kind of ignorance.
#38 Posted: 16:15:01 19/09/2014
Quote: UncleBob
It's not as easy as being aware of who they are and what they want - some folks think (incorrectly) that granting homosexuals equal rights will lead to >insert various form of the downfall of mankind here<.

I mean, if you have had it ingrained into your head since you were a child that allowing two men to marry would cause the earth to explode, you'd probably be against it too.

It's ignorance - and it's the worst kind of ignorance.

Not everyone thinks like that, though.
I know I don't.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#39 Posted: 16:16:53 19/09/2014
But not everybody who is against homosexuality believes that such consequences would happen. Many of them simply find it unnatural and a crime against nature or a god (depending on who you ask). They already know that the world isn't going to explode and that it won't speed up global warming, but they still disagree with it and don't believe in those rights.

It's irrational and illogical, but in that instance it's not really ignorance. People seem to throw the word "ignorant" around far too often when they just mean offensive or disagreeable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:29 19/09/2014 by CAV
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#40 Posted: 21:09:05 19/09/2014
Quote: Samius

I'm going to need you to elaborate on what you see as cherry picking.

Cherry-picking a large message to center on one point and find it offensive is fairly ridiculous. But if an entire message is coated in these subliminal implications that can lead someone to being offended because of their experiences, background, or so on, I don't think it's off base for them to react in such a way. To me it's something to judge depending on situation, rather than assume that all "offenses" and the person in question be immediately discredited.

Logic dictates a lot of the world around us and is an important tool to going further as a human race and dispelling irrational problems and feelings. But we are not automatons with a black and white view of the world, and I think it's worth acknowledging that people can have irrational fears or problems. I have them. OP has them. I'm sure you do too.

That being said anybody who watches a movie, listens to a song, or reads something and finds one line as a trigger should probably sit down in a quiet room and really think about what's bothering them and if it's within sound reason. I do, however, acknowledge that it's a lot harder than it sounds.

"Cherry-picking", as in, taking individual words or statements out of context to suit your own argument and/or deliberately ignoring other people's points to make their arguments sound flawed.

I'm not sure why you brought that in, but..
Yes, obviously we are not wired to think like machines, but I think it's worth acknowledging that irrational fears and problems are still irrational, and should be treated as such.

With that last part, I agree. The exchange of information is always a co-operative task. Information must always be both transmitted and received. Either of these can have an effect of what sort of information really gets through.
Doesn't matter if what you're being told is correct, if your mind is clouded with prejudices and/or confining social dogmas the message can also be received in a way that belies it's original intention. Increasing your readiness to receive all kind of information the "right way" (be it through "soul-searching", self-reflection or something else) is very important.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me