darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > TheSkylanderBoy AndGirl Tower of Time challenge complete
Page 1 of 1
TheSkylanderBoy AndGirl Tower of Time challenge complete [CLOSED]
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1 Posted: 18:38:33 10/09/2014 | Topic Creator
So if anyone in here is a fan of TheSkylanderBoy AndGirl and they have seen their Tower of Time video then they will know that in the closing part of the video the Skylander Dad posed a challenge to his viewers.

The challenge was this: To Record yourself Beating the Tower of Time Adventure Pack Level on Nightmare Mode, using only 1 Skylander and with no deaths.

It is getting closer and closer to nearly a year since they posted that video and posed the challenge, but lo and behold I have finally managed to do it.
It was pretty tough, but at the same time quite fun and challenging.

I am not doing this for any kind of reward, just for the satisfaction that someone might enjoy it (hence my posting it here, plus then maybe he will have a higher chance of noticing/finding the video), so that said, here is the video, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it.

Enjoy n_n

---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 20:46:29 10/09/2014
Wow!! Congragulations!! I tried it by myself and went through 12 Skylanders, and with my nephew we went threw like 30. We actually did really good... but Bumble Blast of course! Good job! You need to see if skydad will give you the Skylanders smilie
#3 Posted: 23:03:48 10/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Wow!! Congragulations!! I tried it by myself and went through 12 Skylanders, and with my nephew we went threw like 30. We actually did really good... but Bumble Blast of course! Good job! You need to see if skydad will give you the Skylanders smilie

Thanks, and I would be happier knowing he was happy that someone actually did it, rather than have him actually give me anything.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 05:55:31 11/09/2014
Congrats. That wasn't an easy task. Very cool to watch!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 15:34:29 11/09/2014
Congrats.

Honestly, I don't think ToT is the most impressive level for this, though. Maybe it's because I haven't played the level in months (and haven't come back to SF in ages) and no particularly difficult moments spring to mind, but I'd be more impressed to see someone do that on most of the stages with a shooting segment since it's practically impossible to avoid getting hit with enough health to survive some of those.

I'd also be more impressed to see someone clear Kaos' Fortress doing this kind of run. Like I did with Wind-Up. Good luck with the Mineminers at the end, they suck especially if you aren't doing the challenge with a Tech character. smilie then again i guess magna charge could make that challenge much easier

Seriously though, that's cool. Just personally not that impressed because I've done the same kind of run on a couple levels now, and I feel it just takes damaging object/enemy layout memorisation.
#6 Posted: 17:48:20 11/09/2014
Well, most video games is about using anything to your advantage to win. This dates back to the beginning of video game time.

1. Pac Man was made famous because you can learn patterns; they fixed this in Ms Pac Man
2. Redirection in Donkey Kong to make the barrels go down certain ladders.
3. Typical flying patterns of Galaga / Galaxians.
4. Timing of appearance of UFO in Space Invaders.

etc. etc. Those that win know the tricks.

Make no mistake. That was a winning performance.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:12 11/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#7 Posted: 18:45:36 11/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Well thank you for the kind words GhostRoaster, and maybe Arc of Archives is right, maybe I should try doing this for some of the other levels too.

As I had said though, this started as a challenge fro the Skylander Dad in his video, but who knows, I might do more in the future.
---
#8 Posted: 19:37:21 11/09/2014
Well, true video game achievers master one challenge and move on to the next. Go for it.

Heck, I still can't 3 star the boss levels, lol.
---
#9 Posted: 21:12:50 11/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Well, true video game achievers master one challenge and move on to the next. Go for it.

Heck, I still can't 3 star the boss levels, lol.

3 Staring them is eeeeeasy... on easy... smilie

That damn no hit star though...
---
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#10 Posted: 11:43:54 24/09/2014
Then I might be second place, cuz I defeated the challenge just last week.
P.S Does using Night Shift's underbat powers count, cuz I did
#11 Posted: 22:11:24 24/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylander3112
Then I might be second place, cuz I defeated the challenge just last week.
P.S Does using Night Shift's underbat powers count, cuz I did

Did you record it? And though it seems kinda cheaty ish, I say the Night Shift thing still counts (I mean it is just as much an ability as any other).
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#12 Posted: 20:12:51 26/09/2014
I might attempt this soon when I get a free afternoon. I'm guessing Magic Items are forbidden?
---
bye
#13 Posted: 14:38:53 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
I might attempt this soon when I get a free afternoon. I'm guessing Magic Items are forbidden?

Well they aren't "forbidden" since he never mentioned them, but I'd personally say that not using them should be part of the challenge.

If you do try it let me know how it goes.

Oh and I tried the other levels in the game, I'd say they were far easier to do than the Tower of Time was.
---
a40dayflud Red Sparx Gems: 62
#14 Posted: 00:33:01 30/12/2014
I didn't even see the vid where Skylander Dad posted that challenge. I've done this using only Hoot Rise (Hoot to get the Magic element dmg & rise to help avoid the laser and other obsticles). Do you know if he has other challenges? I'd like to give them a shot.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#15 Posted: 03:33:41 10/01/2015
Did this with Free Ranger surprisingly. No video
---
now its time to get funky
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me