Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
was it just me... [CLOSED]
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#1 Posted: 23:50:24 08/09/2014 | Topic Creator
or did today's update take a while to load/take effect?

I normally get mine around 11 or so, and it was practically 6pm before I saw it. I'm minding the ipad while the boys are out 4wheeling all week, and didn't check from 3pm on, but still...
#2 Posted: 00:00:13 09/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Latest toy link quests:
Link Thumpback for a Thumpback statue
Link Gil Grunt for 2x water sculptures & a radiant field

so back to low to medium cost gem buys as linking rewards. it fits with the pattern I noticed:

Actually, they may be trying to do both--
3 link quests ago, it was fireworks decorations for FireKraken and a radiant field for Double Trouble
2 times ago: they did Freeze Blade and Trigger Happy and that was a gem reward.
Then we had to link Spy Rise (Airship) and Hoot Loop (Magic Shrine)
and Gem payouts for Bouncer and ShroomBoom

but here is a rather interesting idea...I know most people seem to think October sanctum quest is undead Halloween) and I'm not knocking it...but anyone remember thread: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=105102

where toy link quests of the same element had people guessing the next sanctum??
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 00:24:42 09/09/2014
Quote: BUGMom05

but here is a rather interesting idea...I know most people seem to think October sanctum quest is undead Halloween) and I'm not knocking it...but anyone remember thread: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=105102

where toy link quests of the same element had people guessing the next sanctum??

I was thinking we dismissed that as there were more than 1 set of toy link quests in a month. They could make it water, but I would think that they would have a Halloween themed alt. Not that they couldn't surprise us with a Halloween alt in another element.
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#4 Posted: 05:34:34 09/09/2014
Just had a Burger Mob show up in my game - haven't seen any of them for a while.

Also earlier today a small Gem in a circle popped out of a house I was collecting with a 1 hour special gem purchase offer - first time I've seen that.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 07:28:07 09/09/2014
I am very happy with ThumpBack Statue and the Radiant Field . I love radiant fields .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#6 Posted: 12:54:46 09/09/2014
or did today's update take a while to load/take effect?

I normally get mine around 11 or so, and it was practically 6pm before I saw it. I'm minding the ipad while the boys are out 4wheeling all week, and didn't check from 3pm on, but still...

I didn't get mine until after 8:00 PM (EST). I didn't check throughout the day, though. I did check sometime in the afternoon, but got nothing. I even tried closing the app and re-opening it. I get up at 3 AM, so I was getting to bed a little after 8:00 and checked again and still nothing. I was surprised, so I came into the forums and saw that people were getting an update, so I went back to the app and it restarted itself and loaded.
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#7 Posted: 13:58:33 09/09/2014
Quote: ABennett
Just had a Burger Mob show up in my game - haven't seen any of them for a while.

I haven't seen those since I first started playing-- in fact I for some reason was thinking they were in a different game. I asked my son and he insisted it was Lost Islands. Well I am glad you mentioned the Burgers so now it settles that discussion. (The 5 year old is always right haha)
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#8 Posted: 14:51:21 09/09/2014
Quote: MabuMommy
(The 5 year old is always right haha)

LOL - yes, when you are talking about something particularly silly - such as hamburgers with shifty eyes - always trust the 5 year old! Guaranteed to remember in greater detail than any adult.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#9 Posted: 14:55:33 09/09/2014
I got this update much later than usual also - didn't actually get it until around 9:00 this morning.

What I found interesting about it was the number of friends who were unavailable to visit last night. Usually, friends are unavailable only when they have applied a manual update that I have not yet applied. This is the first time that I've seen it triggered by an automatic update.

I may be wrong about it being connected, but based on the names I'm seeing here of people who updated before I did, and the fact that everyone is now once again available, after I got the update, I do believe the two are connected.
#10 Posted: 19:04:18 09/09/2014 | Topic Creator

Also earlier today a small Gem in a circle popped out of a house I was collecting with a 1 hour special gem purchase offer - first time I've seen that.

You're right, I'd not seen and "nothing to see here" mob in a while, either
As for the gem special--That used to happen to us a lot
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#11 Posted: 21:39:08 10/09/2014

You're right, I'd not seen and "nothing to see here" mob in a while, either
As for the gem special--That used to happen to us a lot

Hopefully they will bring back 300 gems for .99 or something better.
#12 Posted: 03:11:56 11/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: obidawsn

I was thinking we dismissed that as there were more than 1 set of toy link quests in a month. They could make it water, but I would think that they would have a Halloween themed alt. Not that they couldn't surprise us with a Halloween alt in another element.

smilie I just love taking all the evidence and seeing where it all leads. Did everyone manage to toy link?
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#13 Posted: 03:20:04 11/09/2014
Considering they created a Snow-themed Alter Ego from the Undead element it seems only fair they create a Halloween-themed Alter Ego from the Water element!

Though my personal preference would be Air, they need an extra Alter Ego or two to even up the numbers a bit.
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#14 Posted: 15:16:03 11/09/2014
Air does have the least right now if nothing else which kinda sucks. 14 compared to life at 20, undead at 18, earth at 17, fire also at 17, water at 19, magic at 20, and tech at 18. Now mind you i cant remeber all the alts and dont have them all but that is kinda uneven
#15 Posted: 15:44:11 11/09/2014
Considering they created a Snow-themed Alter Ego from the Undead element it seems only fair they create a Halloween-themed Alter Ego from the Water element!

Though my personal preference would be Air, they need an extra Alter Ego or two to even up the numbers a bit.

We do need more Air Skylanders, but if they are keeping with the theme of the alt being the same element as the new sanctum/toy link tower, then it can't be Air as we've already had an Air month.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#16 Posted: 17:15:27 11/09/2014
We will probably get an alt next month that coincides with the Sanctum quest, which will be either Tech, Water or Undead. I would think it would be Undead, but who knows? They probably won't do it since Giants is old, but I'd like a new alt Giant, I always use them in Sanctuaries and to open chests. It's wishful thinking, but a Swarm alt would be perfect. I'm also wondering if they go with a Trap Team alt to promote the new game.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#17 Posted: 00:21:00 12/09/2014
They should do two alts next month - one element to match the sanctum quest as the grand prize, and a second Halloween themed air alt (scratch or lightning rod) which can be purchased or maybe as a quest reward.
#18 Posted: 11:02:37 12/09/2014
Quote: defpally
We will probably get an alt next month that coincides with the Sanctum quest, which will be either Tech, Water or Undead. I would think it would be Undead, but who knows? They probably won't do it since Giants is old, but I'd like a new alt Giant, I always use them in Sanctuaries and to open chests. It's wishful thinking, but a Swarm alt would be perfect. I'm also wondering if they go with a Trap Team alt to promote the new game.

I'd like to see alts of older Skylanders, but it doesn't look like they're going to. Swarm and Hot Head definitely need an alt, variant, or mini. They're the only 2 giants that don't. Since I doubt there will ever be a variant of Giant characters, an alter ego would be nice (if they would choose to go back and an alt of an old character). Our best bet would probably be if they made new minis. They made new minis for Trap Team, and it seems we know which ones we're getting, so it would have to wait until Skylanders 5 came out. So I seriously doubt we'll see them.

As for Trap Team alts, I figured that's what they would do for the last 2 alts this year. I would think that October would be too early since the alt would be in the game before the regular version. They could surprise us, though. Or do a special Halloween alt of a Trap Team character like they did with Holiday Wash Buckler at Christmas. That would be nice.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me