Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Forum Games > Survivor: Dark Spyro The Return! - Intermission
Page 1 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18
Survivor: Dark Spyro The Return! - Intermission [CLOSED]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#1 Posted: 21:16:08 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
The original topic

New to the Survivor game? Here's a few things to get you started:

The story thus far

Survivor is a trivia game, styled in the form of a game-show, where players compete against one another either in teams or on their own to be the last one standing and win at the end of each season.

DA RULEZ:

Read the rules:
Aside from the game itself, each day/challenge within the game will have its own rules. Be sure to read these carefully and ask any questions you may have.

Work together:
Some seasons or challenges may give you teammates, it is highly important you work together with them. If you all end up trying to do your own thing, it will lead to a confusing mess for the players and the host that will only end up hindering you more than helping you. However, be weary that this doesn't apply during times when you don't have teammates, as any alliances not assigned by the host are not protected under any rules and you could get back-stabbed by your allies.

Play to win:
A simple concept, the game isn't very fun if you don't try. If you are unable to give it your all and shoot for first, or simply think you might not have the time, please withdraw. Also in reference to the above, work to win as a team, don't sabotage your team simply to get someone out. This usually leads to consequences.

Answers & votes should be submitted via PM:
Unless a specific challenge says otherwise, you should submit answers from challenges to the host in a private message. You don't want the other team to see your answers and steal them, do you?

Flavor text is just for fun:
More of a disclaimer than a rule. The game will feature a storyline in the form of flavor text accompanying the challenges and eliminations each day. This is just something the host does for your entertainment and does not reflect the host's or anyone else's opinion of any individual(s).

Finally, don't cheat.
When you are coming up with your answers to the challenges, you may use any tools at your disposal, however this cannot include google, wikipedia or the internet in general. Host approved sources include your own knowledge, or whatever books, movies, or games you would have lying around the house.

~~~

Hall of Winners:
Season 1: DragonCamo
Season 2: Bravo101
Season 3: BrutalBash101
Season 4: Bash28
Season 5: slambam104
Season 6: Ash Starkindle
Season 7: ShadowMewX
Season 8: Kardonis
Season 9: darkwolf
Season 10: HotDogAndZap

~~~

Season 10:

The Knights of the Blood Oath:
1: AvatariDragon (Eliminated Night 14)
2: Angel220200 (Eliminated Night 7)
3: I-Brawler (Eliminated Night 5)
4: Troll Slug (Eliminated Night 4)
5: HotDogandZap (WINNER!)
6: Prextail202 (Eliminated Night 2)
7: Sky Airglow (Eliminated Night 15)

The Moonlit Black Cats:
8: CAV (Eliminated Night 12)
9: Dmcrocks (Eliminated Night 10)
10: Epic Popthorn (Eliminated Night 9)
11: Cynderfan507 (Eliminated Night 9)
12: CommanderGame (Eliminated Night 1)
13: somePerson (Eliminated Night 8)
14: Ninpire (Eliminated Night 3)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 19 times - Last edited at 01:58:35 29/10/2014 by Seiki
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#2 Posted: 22:04:42 04/09/2014
Yay. I'm very excited.
---
Give me money!
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#3 Posted: 22:04:52 04/09/2014
Knights of the Blood Oath omg *-*
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#4 Posted: 22:05:38 04/09/2014
much hype
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#5 Posted: 22:05:40 04/09/2014
GL and HF
---
you never saw me
#6 Posted: 22:06:49 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon

Do note, your number in the sign-up topic does not reflect the numbers listed here nor what team you'll be on. Once all 14 are selected, teams will be announced shortly afterward.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#7 Posted: 22:06:59 04/09/2014
What I-B said.

To everyone!
#8 Posted: 22:08:27 04/09/2014
Quote: Seiki
Quote: AvatariDragon

Do note, your number in the sign-up topic does not reflect the numbers listed here nor what team you'll be on. Once all 14 are selected, teams will be announced shortly afterward.

Oh I know I was just saying xD

This is exciting :3
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#9 Posted: 23:35:09 04/09/2014
excitement increases
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#10 Posted: 23:43:14 04/09/2014
Yassss
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#11 Posted: 23:43:27 04/09/2014
lol the moonlight black cats will get killed on day 3
#12 Posted: 23:54:14 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DummyZ

smilie

It'd be amazing if one of them wins. Just for the irony of it.
---
#13 Posted: 00:02:50 05/09/2014
The Moonlit Black Cats are basically condemned already lol.

For once I don't have a preference towards any one team. Huh.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#14 Posted: 00:12:09 05/09/2014
Can't wait!
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#15 Posted: 01:36:52 05/09/2014
Quote: Seiki
Quote: DummyZ

smilie

It'd be amazing if one of them wins. Just for the irony of it.

make it happen <3
#16 Posted: 01:58:07 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Alrighty, here are your Survivor season 10 teams!

Knights of the Blood Oath
PunkBomb
I-Brawler
TrollSlug
HotDogandZap
Prextail
Sky Airglow

Moonlit Black Cats
CAV
Dmcrocks
Epic Popthorn
Cynderfan
CommanderGame
somePerson
Ninpire

Good luck to all of you.
---
#17 Posted: 02:15:58 05/09/2014
Pumped up and ready to kick ass.

Good luck everyone!
#18 Posted: 02:21:58 05/09/2014
GLHF

Lets do this!
#19 Posted: 03:52:41 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Floor 1
Town of Beginnings

Crossing Field

14 individuals wake up lying on the ground of a peaceful little town with simple, old European style architecture and beige brick streets. An elegant fountain sits in the middle of the town, with the group of people scattered around it. A bit groggy, and each with a slight headache, they stand up and look at one another to notice their unusual surroundings, and that each is wearing strange clothes like that out of a J-RPG. Each one has a sword tied to either their back or their waist.

"What kind of weird dream is this?" CommanderGame wonders aloud, looking around through half open eyes.

"I-I don't know." Sky Airglow looks around nervously, "Is this a dream though? I feel like I'm awake."

"Perhaps it's a lucid dream?" Prextail suggests.

"A lucid dream that we're all sharing? Assuming we aren't all figments of each other's imaginations, that is. Unlikely. Besides, what's with these weird green bars in the top left corner of my field of vision and my name displayed under it?" Cav asks the group, crossing his arms.

somePerson waves his hand in front of his face and looks around keeping his eyes on the green bar. "Trippy..."

"There seems to be similar green bars next to everyone's head and a small green diamond above everyone's head." Dmcrocks notes, looking around the town square at everyone.

TrollSlug walks over to I-Brawler and pushes him down, reaching above his head to try and grab the diamond floating above him.

"What are you doing?!" I-B shrieks trying push TS away.

"Pretty......" TS continues to try in vain to grab the non-existent object.

"Seems to me more like we're in a video-game. The question is, how did we get here?" Cav asks.

Almost as if on cue, the sky above them suddenly grows dark, despite the fact that it's the middle of the day. The top of the fountain glows blue and shoots up a beam which spread out to form a glowing blue hologram of Seiki standing atop the fountain.

"Hello, everyone! I am Seiki, as you may have noticed you are within a virtual reality video-game. Well, that's my doing; I brought you here! Some of you may remember the SAO Incident from the news some time ago where 10,000 people played the game Sword Art Online only to find themselves unable to log out and a game over leading to death where the only means of escape was to complete the game. We are going to recreate said event, however, I'll help you out a little. Instead of having to complete 100 floors, you'll have to reach the 15th floor to find me in the Ruby Palace. On top of that, I'll add some NPC's through the levels to guide you a bit, you should also find a basic game manual to explain the basics in your inventory. Like the original game though, you are unable to log out and if you die in the game.... Well, I advise against that. Good luck all of, I'll see on the 15th floor."

The hologram cuts out and and shuts off, the sky returning to normal.

"We could die?!" Sky begins to freak out a bit.

"Dream? Seems more like some really awesome nightmare!" Epic popthorn says in excitement. Everyone gives him a strange look.

"I heard about SAO. I kinda wanted to play that game, well aside from the death part." Ninpire says.

"It's ok guys. We can do this We just have to take things carefully and think our moves out before we make them." Avatari tries to encourage the group.

Survivor Season 10 has now begun!
I advise you to use this time to get to know your teammates. The first day's challenge will start when I get on the computer tomorrow morning.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#20 Posted: 04:57:23 05/09/2014
Hi I'm CAV (not kav). I like walks on the beach, watching the sunrise, a nice cup of tea in the morning, and decimating the opposition.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:58:34 05/09/2014 by CAV
#21 Posted: 05:05:36 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
For those who haven't seen SAO, and might be curious about the team names, here's some info for you.

The Knights of the Blood Oath is the name of the guild that Asuna is a member of. They typically sport white attire with red accents.

The Moonlit Black Cats is a guild Kirito was briefly a member of, with Sachi being likely the most well-known member. The group only appeared in episode 3, in which later the same episode, all but Kirito died.
---
#22 Posted: 05:19:48 05/09/2014
[User Posted Image]

-----
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#23 Posted: 11:14:03 05/09/2014
Nice! Uh...Seiki, will you temporarily unblock me for the season?
#24 Posted: 11:40:35 05/09/2014
*excitement intensifies*
#25 Posted: 17:52:31 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Floor 1
Tolbana Fields

Planet Eudora

The 14 players had decided to take things slow and steady after hearing of their predicament from Seiki. Instead of attempting to rush through the game, they settled into some of the homes within the Town of Beginnings and worked on leveling up before attempting to work through the game.

Avatari & Ninire are walking about the soft grassy plains just outside of the Town of Beginnings. Few trees can be seen across the area, mostly just open landscape stretching as far as the eye can see. The two turn to see a boar creature leisurely walking about and run over to fight it. The low-level enemy falls fast against their combined attacks.

As the two celebrate another victory, they see a small humanoid creature no more than a foot tall, skipping towards them. Avatari & Ninpire ready their swords, unsure of the strange creature. Seeing their weapons, it stops near them and waves its arms in surrender. Having a better look at it, they see it is a small plush form of SparxisAwesome.

"Wait! Don't hurt me! I'm here to help." SiA says, waving her little arms. "I'm the guardian of the 1st Floor Dungeon, which is just over there." She motions to the side, where bits of a strange platform and stairway can be seen.

Avatari quickly sends a message to the others letting them know they've found the way to the next floor. In minutes, the other players come running over. They all gather near the platform which seems to be made up of glowing metal tiles embedded into the ground. At the other end of the platform is a golden stairway leading upward. A force-field blocks the sides of the tiled area, forcing players to come from one side.

"Do you guys think we're ready to go through it?" Sky looks to the other, unsure.

"This seems a bit easy, just walk across the path...." CAV looks at the layout suspiciously.

"Oh, it most certainly isn't that simple!" SiA chimes in. "Once you step on one of the tiles, a shadow form of yourself will appear and try to stop you. You must defeat your shadow-self before you can reach the stairs to the next level."

"There's the fun twist, I would expect from death game." Epic Popthorn smiles.

"I have faith that we can do this. We simply have to be better than ourselves, and who knows us, and how to defeat us, better than us?" HDAZ looks to others with confidence.

Avatari swings her sword around so it rests on her shoulder, behind her head. "She's right. Besides, this is just the first floor, how hard could it be? We got this guys."

Punk Bomb goes first, cautiously stepping on to the smooth metal. As soon as his foot touches the tile, darkness rises from the floor across the platform and takes his shape. The shadow raises its sword, and waits for Punk Bomb to make the first move. The others follow him on to the platform. 13 more shadows appearing to match them. A force-field appears to block the entrance, trapping them inside.

SiA waves to them. "Good luck!" She presses her little plush-nub hands against the force-field and watches them closely.

Everything is Awesome!
To begin, each team will pm me a list of their teammates in any order they desire. Please, discuss amongst yourselves the order, and have only one person submit it. After this, the players will be paired against each other, with one from each team going against each other to answer a single question. With the first from each list going head-to-head, then the second, and so forth. The first to pm me the correct answer will win and earn one point for their team. If neither player submits the correct answer, we will move on to the next pair. After all 7 face-offs have been held, we will tally up the points and the team with the most points wins!

You have 12 hours to submit your lists.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:37:44 05/09/2014 by Seiki
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#26 Posted: 19:39:34 05/09/2014
Finally found the topic! smilie Good luck, you guys!

I'll be watching...
e.e
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#27 Posted: 20:38:35 05/09/2014
Goddamit, I was really looking forward to this season.

Ah, **** that idea.

GO BLACKCATS.

*leaves*
---
My life is complete.
#28 Posted: 21:28:58 05/09/2014
I seem weird.

btw if you want, you can shorten my name and just use Epic.
#29 Posted: 22:30:53 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Knights have sent their order, waiting on the Black Cats.

If time expires, I'll pick the order. Also, regardless of time remaining, once both teams have submitted, I'll start the questions.
---
#30 Posted: 22:50:41 05/09/2014
Heh, heh, heh.
---
Give me money!
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#31 Posted: 22:59:42 05/09/2014
Guys I don't care about the order but put me last k? smilie
#32 Posted: 23:00:41 05/09/2014
I missed the start because I was at Anime Club. D:
#33 Posted: 23:09:25 05/09/2014
Prepare it.
---
Give me money!
#34 Posted: 23:27:10 05/09/2014
Oh yeah. Go Knights!
#35 Posted: 23:37:34 05/09/2014
Bring on Survivor.
---
Give me money!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:38 05/09/2014 by Punk Bomb
#36 Posted: 03:15:26 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright the orders are sent.

Avatari ------------------------------ CAV
Punk Bomb ------------------------- CommanderGame
I-Brawler --------------------------- Cynderfan507
Troll Slug --------------------------- Dmcrocks
HDAZ ------------------------------- Epic Popthorn
Prextail ----------------------------- somePerson
Sky ---------------------------------- Ninpire

First up, we have Avatari vs CAV:

What 5 characters could you play as in Spyro: A Hero’s Tail?

While you may get help from your team, only the ones currently in the match may pm me an answer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:37 06/09/2014 by Seiki
#37 Posted: 04:18:52 06/09/2014
**** I'm screwed against HDAZ.
#38 Posted: 04:22:54 06/09/2014
Ahh **** me and CAV?

IT'S ON, BRO
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#39 Posted: 04:23:23 06/09/2014
LET'S KICK IT TO THE LIMIT ONE MORE TIME.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#40 Posted: 05:23:52 06/09/2014
I wasn't here tl;dr. SOmeone explain.
#41 Posted: 11:15:59 06/09/2014
Gl Dncrocks!

Sky ---------------------------------- Ninpire
That was a team in S7. :0
#42 Posted: 11:39:27 06/09/2014
Interesting.
---
Give me money!
#43 Posted: 12:51:54 06/09/2014
I'm confident.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#44 Posted: 13:44:26 06/09/2014
Oooh. I might actually know that answer. Too bad I'm not in Survivor. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#45 Posted: 15:16:05 06/09/2014
I know the answer to the question, but it's CAV's question.
#46 Posted: 17:03:53 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Results!

Correct:
Spyro, Hunter, Sprax the Dragonfly, Blink the Mole, Sgt. Byrd

Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, Sgt. Bird, Blink

CAV:
Spyro
Sgt. Byrd
Hunter
Blink
Sparx

Hmm. Seems both got it right (aside from Avatari's misspelling of Byrd's name). Regardless though, CAV got it first at 23:49:03 09/05/2014 with Avatari submitting at: 10:56:46 09/06/2014.

Black Cats: 1
Knights: 0

On to Round 2! Punk vs CG!
How many gaming systems have Ratchet & Clank games been released on?
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#47 Posted: 23:17:16 06/09/2014
le posts
---
you never saw me
#48 Posted: 23:20:54 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, haven't heard from CG yet, but PB has sent a correct answer and earns the point. Besides, let's try not to let this take too long.

Correct:
4 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Vita)

PB:

Black Cats: 1
Knights: 1

Round 3! IB vs Cynderfan
In Sly Cooper: Band of thieves, the last level takes place where?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:25 06/09/2014 by Seiki
#49 Posted: 23:39:09 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Once again, CF has it right, why drag it out.....

Correct Answer:
Arpeggio's Blimp

Cynderfan:
Arpegio's blimp, which is flying over Paris

Black Cats: 2
Knights: 1

Round 4! TS vs Dmc
In the Original Spyro the Dragon, what is the maximum percent completion able to be obtained?
---
Page 1 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me