Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How different would things be if you were appointed president?
Page 1 of 1
How different would things be if you were appointed president? [CLOSED]
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#1 Posted: 16:36:14 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Or dictator or whatever it is that they have where you live.
How different would things be if you became your country's "boss"?
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 16:49:53 04/09/2014
Quote: wspyro
Or dictator or whatever it is that they have where you live.
How different would things be if you became your country's "boss"?

Funding into NASA and an even bigger increase for funding for more technical development.
Just my two cents.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 17:02:13 04/09/2014
Significant decrease in military funding
Significant increase in NASA funding
Significant increase in educational funding, including programs to better help college students
Severely reduced spying program (if not dismantling it entirely)
Legalization of marijuana nationwide
Legalization of gay marriage nationwide
Much stricter gun laws, training, and background checks, a la Japan
More funding into developing eco-friendly alternatives to coal and fossil fuels (and encouraging gas companies to follow suit)
and probably reduced relations with Israel

Most of this wouldn't happen even if I was president, due to the opposing parties.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:14 04/09/2014 by CAV
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#4 Posted: 18:08:17 04/09/2014
Fix crap in the Middle-East. (in a way that wont cause people to go insane)

Increase in NASA funding.

Command government branches to not be invasive on people's privacy.

Increase funding in robots and transportation.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#5 Posted: 18:48:43 04/09/2014
Quote: CAV
Significant decrease in military funding
Significant increase in NASA funding
Significant increase in educational funding, including programs to better help college students
Severely reduced spying program (if not dismantling it entirely)
Legalization of marijuana nationwide
Legalization of gay marriage nationwide
Much stricter gun laws, training, and background checks, a la Japan
More funding into developing eco-friendly alternatives to coal and fossil fuels (and encouraging gas companies to follow suit)
and probably reduced relations with Israel

Most of this wouldn't happen even if I was president, due to the opposing parties.

I'm pretty much opposed to almost everything you just said xD (aside the funding, but then, history has shown that the government pouring funds into something has rarely helped. I'd hire multiple privately-owned agencies that would have to come up with working to come up with solutions, and if they fail, unlike the current system where they get more funding, they get fired, so they'd better do a dang good job)

What about Switzerland's gun laws? I imagine if anyone suggested them here there'd be mass lynchings, but I think that the Swiss have shown that stricter gun laws aren't what reduce crime. Though admittedly better background checks wouldn't be bad.

But alas, I'm getting into politics mode, and that rarely ends well (I'll admit, I don't keep up as much as I used to with the current scene, so I'm underprepared) so I'll shush now before the flames start.

Though if I were president, I wouldn't continually give executive orders or try to override the Legislative wing's authority. 'Course then I'd be called lazy.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#6 Posted: 20:39:59 04/09/2014
everyone would be dead
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#7 Posted: 20:41:00 04/09/2014
oh please no.

don't make me president, basically.
#8 Posted: 20:46:08 04/09/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
What about Switzerland's gun laws? I imagine if anyone suggested them here there'd be mass lynchings, but I think that the Swiss have shown that stricter gun laws aren't what reduce crime. Though admittedly better background checks wouldn't be bad.

Japan has also proven that such measures can prevent gun related crimes as well. Casualties by firearms there are pretty darn low.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#9 Posted: 20:47:35 04/09/2014
Less Social Welfare

End affimative action (Marxism)

Defend Israel from Hamas

Don't allow illegal immigration

No gun control

Increased military spending

More seperation of church and state

Less government control over the economy

Less government spying

Death to Obamacare

Less drilling for foreign oil
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:35 04/09/2014 by Mrmorrises
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#10 Posted: 20:47:38 04/09/2014
the ostriches would take over (well its gonna happen even if i dont become president so)
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#11 Posted: 21:00:36 04/09/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises

.........................................................................................................................Why?
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#12 Posted: 21:33:09 04/09/2014
Do something about ISIS/ISIL or the Ukraine situation. With Russia's issues in Ukraine right now and ISIS trying to take over Iraq we may have two more wars to worry about in the future.

That or fight aliens so I can make the same speech from Independence Day idk
---
Cool cool.
#13 Posted: 21:50:26 04/09/2014

.........................................................................................................................Why?

Prepare for any future war, simple as that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:55 04/09/2014 by Mrmorrises
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#14 Posted: 22:07:21 04/09/2014
legalize marijuana to everyone
force marijuana to everyones everyday life style
mix marijuana with foods
mix marijuana in the air
medicine = marijuana
school = marijuana
marijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuanamarijuana
---
words. letters. filler.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#15 Posted: 22:10:09 04/09/2014
If I were president, I'd actually do something about Isis instead of playing golf and going on vacation.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#16 Posted: 22:29:44 04/09/2014
Everything would go to hell because I know almost nothing about politics.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:01 04/09/2014 by AvatariDragon
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#17 Posted: 22:30:06 04/09/2014

I don't follow the news as much as I used to, but isn't there this group called Isis?

Also if I were president, I would bring attention to the fact that separation of church and state has really become inverted over the last century or so, SoCaS means the government can't endorse religion (as in, it can proclaim and official religion and persecute those who don't follow it, prayers at graduations and so on do not count as endorsing a religion believe it or not), yes, but it also means it can't regulate it.

I'd also probably try and do something about all the liberal histories being taught (did you know that Americans aren't the single cause of all suffering and misery in the world?!)

And if a program is failing, unless it's necessary or has a very strong chance of succeeding in the forseeable future, I wouldn't pour millions more dollars into it, I'd actually threaten to cut funding all together if there weren't enough results.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#18 Posted: 22:36:11 04/09/2014

I don't follow the news as much as I used to, but isn't there this group called Isis?.

The US absolutely dominates in military spending; spending more on military technology and armed forces than pretty much the entire rest of the world combined. There is absolutely no need to further increase that, especially when programs like NASA suffer as a result of such lopsided budgeting.

ISIS could be dealt with if/when Obama finally decides to go after them. And if our current tactics can't stop them, throwing more money at the military to make it even bigger isn't going to fix it.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#19 Posted: 22:42:48 04/09/2014

I don't follow the news as much as I used to, but isn't there this group called Isis?.

The US absolutely dominates in military spending; spending more on military technology and armed forces than pretty much the entire rest of the world combined. There is absolutely no need to further increase that, especially when programs like NASA suffer as a result of such lopsided budgeting.

ISIS could be dealt with if/when Obama finally decides to go after them. And if our current tactics can't stop them, throwing more money at the military to make it even bigger isn't going to fix it.

*CHUCKS HANDS FULLS OF MONEY AT MILITARY*
GO
FIGHT
WIN!

It's basically like that. >.>
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9994
#20 Posted: 22:46:05 04/09/2014
Honestly I don't know how much things would actually change due to how the US Congress is.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8954
#21 Posted: 22:54:28 04/09/2014
If I was president...

Welp, there goes the country.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#22 Posted: 00:00:43 05/09/2014
Nothing would change.
Only because I would be a meaningless Puppet for the government/shadow government.
I'd either be forced to do certain things that aren't my own choices, or simply be in an "Accident" and replaced with yet another puppet.
(Screw this government. >.<)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#23 Posted: 17:50:47 06/09/2014
Three words:

It wouldn't happen.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#24 Posted: 17:55:39 06/09/2014
Hell.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#25 Posted: 18:00:18 06/09/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon
Everything would go to hell because I know almost nothing about politics.

This so much.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#26 Posted: 18:12:19 06/09/2014
I'm just gonna go with if I became Prime Minister of Canada:

Legalize Marijuana, with monthly restrictions. The Marijuana Market would be fully controlled by a new association called The Institute of Recreational Marijuana of Canada, who lets certain amount of the drug into the country. Marijuana Packages would contain the same messages as cigarettes, saying that it is unhealthy etc.

Allow MSM's to donate blood with no deferral period. This law is discriminatory. The fact that some people won't be able to receive blood because of this law is quite saddening, everyone should be able to donate blood.

Increase the education budget to 6% of GDP.

Give out some flags because I feel like there is almost no Canadian Pride.

Decrease Social Welfare to 2 Years of service, after which the person in welfare has to find a job and isn't allowed into the program for another 8 Years.

Promote Bilingualism across the country, reducing the amount of English/Math Classes, and add more intensive and more periods of French, or Vice-Versa in Quebec.

Increase the fees that criminals pay, and with the money from this and Social Welfare, distribute it among College and University students to help them out with their expenses.

Try to make the American (Continent) Union a thing.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#27 Posted: 19:30:09 06/09/2014
mechs for everybody
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:47 06/09/2014 by Blackholes_Wolf
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 19:59:24 06/09/2014
Everyone would have to do the ALS Ice Bucket challenge every single day multiple times for 5 hours.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#29 Posted: 20:21:30 06/09/2014
I'd get impeached
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#30 Posted: 23:02:07 06/09/2014
They'd be dead. All would be dead.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#31 Posted: 00:19:53 07/09/2014
Quote: Iceclaw
Honestly I don't know how much things would actually change due to how the US Congress is.

This. In America, there's practically nothing that the President can do without first going through Congress and the Supreme Court.

So unless there was a massive national crisis, not a lot would change, no matter who is elected to the office.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:42 07/09/2014 by Metallo
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#32 Posted: 14:03:53 07/09/2014
become president of the whole world and legalise gay marriage. them send all the homophobes to live on an island in the middle of nowhere
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#33 Posted: 16:25:36 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iceclaw

Ooooooh I know that. Still, most people forget this and I'm taking advantage of that. I could have also named the topic "What would you change" but then I'd have to get specific for the answers I want. This title is much easier!

Oh! And I don't mean to start anything! Just don't want to be seen as ignorant! Not now, anyways!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:25 07/09/2014 by wspyro
#34 Posted: 16:27:03 07/09/2014

Military spending > Social welfare spending
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me