Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Update Connection Problem [CLOSED]
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#1 Posted: 13:32:02 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
We applied the update to my son's island this morning, and, even though the internet connection is fine (downloaded the update from iTunes, for example), when we try to access the app, on the initial loading screen, it gives a message saying an internet connection is required to update content, check our connection and retry. Connection has been checked and rechecked. App has been hard closed. Device has been rebooted.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, what did you do to solve.
hoblmom Green Sparx Gems: 109
#2 Posted: 20:55:58 05/09/2014
I had this exact problem. I could only play "offline". This is what worked for me. I opened the program and when I went to the settings, I clicked on the "terms of service" button and it told me that i needed to agree to them and immediately after that I was back online no problem. Hope this helps you.
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#3 Posted: 21:52:18 05/09/2014
I just tried clicking the terms of service, it didn't work for me. It just fired up safari with the activate page that has the terms of serveice.

Then i tried clicking the activate with my username right above the facebook authorize button in the settings. It said something "that my account is being refreshed... If no go.. Try logging out and log back in"- this one did it and now i'm now status is online.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 00:01:37 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
In this case, the application won't start at all - can't get into settings or anything else. Just the initially cloudy loading screen. See the "Loading" in the top left corner, then "Connecting", then get the error message.

I think the answer is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
SkylandersFan27 Blue Sparx Gems: 508
#5 Posted: 00:55:33 07/09/2014
I had this problem, but I restarted my WiFi and everything's fine now.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me