Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Activate's Back & My File is Gone [CLOSED]
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#1 Posted: 12:23:42 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Woke up today, turned on Lost Islands, and was met with a new Activate login screen. I logged in to find myself back at level 2. Not happening. *app deleted*

Then I turned on Collection Vault, just out of curiosity since I hadn't turned it on in a long time. Empty. *deleted*

Now I'm surprised, so I try Cloud Patrol. No info...it drops in Trigger Happy and starts the tutorial. No thanks. *deleted*

At this point, obviously I have to check Battlegrounds too. No info. *deleted*

So I'm post-Skylanders apps as of today. Not looking back. Console only from here on out.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#2 Posted: 12:33:10 03/09/2014
Sorry you lost everything... At least you'll be getting some free time back?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#3 Posted: 12:50:29 03/09/2014
Oh no!!

This is what I was fearing/expecting for me, but I got lucky. I feel your frustration. If my game had been gone, that would have been the end for me too. No interest whatsoever in starting over.

Goodbye, AzureStarline. Have fun with whatever you choose to play next!
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#4 Posted: 12:57:09 03/09/2014
I was in the same boat this morning. Took some tinkering, but it was fine in the end. I think a lot of people WANT to quit and stuff like this is a good excuse. Not a darn thing wrong with that.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#5 Posted: 13:04:51 03/09/2014
Kalamath, what did you do to recover?
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#6 Posted: 13:46:26 03/09/2014
Until now i still can't log back in to activate. It just keeps saying loading in the activate splash screen. Also my game too got reset, it only shows level level 1 with 30 skylanders when in fact i was already at level 42 with 143 skylanders. This is what i fear the most..
#7 Posted: 15:09:58 03/09/2014
Well, first I got up this AM and did all my usual collect and send my guys out. When I saw the post here I tried to log in: it threw an error code ("0" I think) and reset my Islands to lvl 1. I tried a couple more times to log in and it kept coming up with errors and saying "There was a problem processing your information. We have been notified of the problem and are working to resolve it." After a few of those I decided to make sure I had the latest update, switched to the play store and saw I was up to date. I then shut everything down and restarted my tablet. I started up Lost Islands, got the login prompt and entered my info. I log in via the Facebook option. Everything then came up fine, all my guys out on missions & stuff all collected as it should have been.

I think the main thing when these errors happen (this isn't the only time we've seen this, on both iOS and android) is keep calm and don't do anything drastic. First try clean reboot & log in, sometimes a few tries before it sorts out.
---
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#8 Posted: 15:56:44 03/09/2014
is there anyway for acti to restore lost data?
#9 Posted: 19:34:41 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Nope. My wife twice lost hers. They give you gems and a pat on the back, pretty much.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 02:07:10 04/09/2014
Ok, i was able to log back in to activate and got my game somehow restored. What i did was i restarted my ipad and then tried back LI, that did it.

However i lost the aquarium timed quest to which the reward was supposed to be thumpback statue. smilie
goldstock Green Sparx Gems: 181
#11 Posted: 03:02:10 04/09/2014
My game is gone...I thought I could log in, but its a no go. Now when I try to reset my password I get a link that doesn't work. Second time I lost it...I think I'm done.
loukcas Red Sparx Gems: 50
#12 Posted: 04:04:09 04/09/2014
I was in the same situation. I guess it s because i did not link my activision and activate accounts. When intried to connect my game was lost and the new password request link opened and error page. I could find a solution by going on activision website. Tried to login here and failed, made a password request from the website and this time the link was working. I finally connected with the new password in LI and my game was back. Hope this help.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#13 Posted: 04:50:04 04/09/2014
Teething problems.

Do the people with problems have or not have the new merged accounts?
---
banksia123
#14 Posted: 11:03:13 04/09/2014
My accounts were merged and my username was appended. Yesterday I had everything straightened out, but this morning I'm back to not being able to log on to Activate due to the same error:

"A problem occurred while attempting to retrieve your accepted Terms of Service. Please try again. (ACTIVATE Error Code: 222100)"

My game is fine, I just can't connect to do gifting. It also means I won't get updates to the game. Really terrible job on the account merging.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#15 Posted: 11:32:39 04/09/2014
I cannot connect to activate either but my offline game seems normal . I hope this fixes itself by next week but I can keep going like this so let those programmers do what they like.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:37:10 04/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#16 Posted: 12:48:06 04/09/2014
Kalamath, got some news. Not sure how good. I went and uninstalled. Then reinstalled. Cancelled my default log in. Then, logged in with my ACTIVATE acct. Forced me to reset password. I am now back online, with my original save. But I lost yesterday's progress.

Good Luck with your TOS error, which is what I was working on correcting.
#17 Posted: 13:26:53 04/09/2014
My son's problem is a little different. He's a kid, so doesn't necessarily play every day, and I had not updated him to the latest update. I put him in airplane mode this morning, and he updated his island, spun for Cupid Flameslinger (which delighted him to no end), then saved his game and took pictures of everything.

I then applied the update and tried to restart the app. I get a message saying to check my internet connection and try again. My internet connection is fine. I can open and use a browser without problems. Hit the "Retry" button a dozen times, but no change. Tried closing the process a few times, but no change. Tried closing the process, rebooting the iPod, then starting again, but the same no internet connection error comes up.

I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall, because then there will be no chance of his offline progress being saved or of him being still logged in. We no longer have access to the e-mail account that was used to create his account, so if the password needs a reset, we can't do it.

For now, I'm doing the "wait and retry" method with my fingers crossed, but I'm not feeling hopeful.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#18 Posted: 13:38:00 04/09/2014
I'm not even daring to try to send gifts/connect to activate.

Quote: Kalamath

My game is fine, I just can't connect to do gifting. It also means I won't get updates to the game. Really terrible job on the account merging.

Are you sure you won't get game updates? I don't think the updates are tied to my activate account (at least, not on the iPad--maybe so on android?).
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#19 Posted: 14:20:42 04/09/2014
Not 100% sure Midas, but that was the case yesterday. TOS error, no connection to activate, and I didn't get the magic sanct. quest until I resolved it. Problem is, I resolved it by reinstalling, then I had to try logging in like 6-8 times before I finally connected. I got the updated quest, could gift, etc, but this morning I'm back to square one with the TOS error again. Activision will have to fix this, because I'm not going to go through all of that every day.

Sucks because I'm OCD about gifting. I do it every morning at around the same time, shortly after getting up.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#20 Posted: 17:22:29 04/09/2014
All this extra free time is making me very very nervous eeep !!! smilie

Oh oh i can go run out and buy another skylander , that will kill time.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:28:24 04/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#21 Posted: 21:39:17 04/09/2014
I experience the same thing.. After the updates and server maintenance my lost islands files are gone... When i log in it started from introduction again... Unless this is reverted back dont think i will replay it again from beginning...
#22 Posted: 00:51:32 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Not playing anymore is ok. I'm past it. Join smilie
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 13:42:46 05/09/2014
Quote: bytebandit01
Ok, i was able to log back in to activate and got my game somehow restored. What i did was i restarted my ipad and then tried back LI, that did it.

However i lost the aquarium timed quest to which the reward was supposed to be thumpback statue. smilie

I thought the aquarium timed quest was weeks ago. How did you still have it? I wish I did. I did everything on the quest but place decorations. I got busy that week and just forgot to do it. I realized it when it was too late.
#24 Posted: 15:49:26 05/09/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: bytebandit01

I thought the aquarium timed quest was weeks ago. How did you still have it? I wish I did. I did everything on the quest but place decorations. I got busy that week and just forgot to do it. I realized it when it was too late.

I waited until the last day of the aquarium sale.

Also i was able to log back in to activate for one instance early this morning but no longer tonight. You wouldn't believe it, my inventory showed a legend that something has been added, and there you have my second thumpback statue. Whoever is responsible, I thank you.
#25 Posted: 17:05:01 05/09/2014
ByteBandit - Very cool that you got your Thumpback Statue!!
#26 Posted: 21:36:54 05/09/2014
Yeah.. Im a happy camper now..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me