Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > The "What was your school day like?" topic
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The "What was your school day like?" topic [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 23:37:40 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Post about your school day here if you'd like. Did anything amazing happen? Did anything awful happen? Post about it here!
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#2 Posted: 23:39:46 02/09/2014
Surprise in-class essay assignment quiz that I aced. I was pretty proud of myself. smilie Also I tried drawing contour gesture drawings of a model.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#3 Posted: 23:43:22 02/09/2014
School starts really, really late here. I don't start until September 22nd...I am purchasing my text books tomorrow when I visit and get my Fall sticker though! I'm so excited.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#4 Posted: 23:43:49 02/09/2014
Let's seed
We started off with History, the first class of the year. The teacher seems cool.
Then we had English, I love English as it's so easy, and all you have to do to get a good grade is participate!
Then we had Math, oh god...other teacher come in and talk for like 10 minutes, but not this *****, the first thing she said was "Take out your binders I'm going to check if you have your materials" and she gave us 5 pages of homework...
French I think I just fell asleep. I was so tired.
On and for lunch I went to Subway because starting Secondary 2 we're allowed to leave school for lunch ^.^

Wow, long post. I need a blog.
#5 Posted: 23:45:25 02/09/2014
Quote: CommanderGame
Let's seed
We started off with History, the first class of the year. The teacher seems cool.
Then we had English, I love English as it's so easy, and all you have to do to get a good grade is participate!
Then we had Math, oh god...other teacher come in and talk for like 10 minutes, but not this *****, the first thing she said was "Take out your binders I'm going to check if you have your materials" and she gave us 5 pages of homework...
On and for lunch I went to Subway because starting Secondary 2 we're allowed to leave school for lunch ^.^

Holy crap, you're taking French? I took french for two years! I may start learning Spanish though.
#6 Posted: 23:46:56 02/09/2014
Let's seed

Lucky.. I wish we were able to leave for lunch back when I was in high school... 3:
---
#7 Posted: 23:49:09 02/09/2014
Quote: AmethystRose
Let's seed

Lucky.. I wish we were able to leave for lunch back when I was in high school... 3:

Ha. I would never ditch for lunch, since there was never anything nearby. Although during my senior year, me and my friends would ditch just to go grab something to eat and hangout. We were all exceeding the courses we were taking and on track to graduate too. The office staff never seemed to care! I also had late arrival since I did so well. B)
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#8 Posted: 23:50:28 02/09/2014
Here we go.
Science: Drank coffee. Argued about pennies.
Spanish: Tore out pages of workbook. Listened to weird Spanish songs.
Math: Dumb stuff.
English: Library intro. Checked out Blue Exorcist manga. Read for rest of class.
Lunch: Ate food in pitiful lonliness.
Newspaper: Talked **** about other students.
Study hall: Drank coffee. Talked **** about other students. Threw stuff.
American Studies: by this point I wa so drained everything went in one ear and out the other so I dunno
#9 Posted: 23:52:11 02/09/2014
Quote: zer0dch
Let's seed

Holy crap, you're taking French? I took french for two years! I may start learning Spanish though.

That's great! Hopefully you still remember some of it?
Actually, I live in the Canadian province of Quebec, and here the main language is French, so I'm not really "taking" French, I'm just forced to smilie
Since I'm an immigrant, there's a law that restricts my education to be solely in French until college.
The English class I take is actually Enriched English as a second language, meaning that it isn't nearly as difficult as in the rest of Canada, and I have less English (8/9 Days I have French, 4/9 English)
As much as I hate the law sometimes, thanks to it I speak my mother tongue Spanish, English, and French. Being trilingual is really nice! ^.^

Quote: AmethystRose
snippet

I thought most school were able to? That's a shame that you weren't able to :c
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 00:04:20 03/09/2014
nothing really.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#11 Posted: 00:18:11 03/09/2014
Wait until Spetember 15th u.u
#12 Posted: 00:22:35 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HotDogAndZap
Here we go.
English: Library intro. Checked out Blue Exorcist manga. Read for rest of class.
American Studies: by this point I wa so drained everything went in one ear and out the other so I dunno

Math is usually dumb stuff smilie
#13 Posted: 00:23:31 03/09/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises
Quote: HotDogAndZap
Here we go.

Math is usually dumb stuff smilie

I hate how they teach you things you'll never need to use once in your entire life once you're out of school.
#14 Posted: 00:24:25 03/09/2014
But g-guys...I love Math. I'm taking four Math classes once school starts x3
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#15 Posted: 00:24:46 03/09/2014
Well I didn't sleep very well last night, probably only got about four or five hours of sleep.
I had my art class this morning, and the entire class made a Vine... That's pretty much the only homework we'll get out of that class by the way, making Vines. We don't even have to study for anything because the teacher posts the tests online and she even said we could use notes so hell yes one last thing I have to do.

Then I had my leadership/citizenship class after that, and we took the Meyers-Briggs test, so I guess we'll have the results when we come back to class on Thursday.

Then I went to the library (which is huge and amazing by the way) to get a book I'll probably need to help with my essay, and after that I went to the coffee shop that's in the library and got some delicious coffee.

After that I had lunch, then I went to my Japanese pop culture class, which is probably my favorite class. We always have fun in there, even if we're just taking notes, because the teacher makes everything fun and interesting and funny.

I had a film meeting to go to at 5, then had some Panda Express for dinner with some of my film buddies. After that I checked the mail and I got some Halloween charms for my necklace that my mom sent me.

So, I'd say today was a pretty good day c:
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:26:09 03/09/2014 by AvatariDragon
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#16 Posted: 00:27:22 03/09/2014
Ooh, a school topic! Just going to ramble on now!

I got most of my homework done in school today and I aced a test I swore I failed. This year is so much better than last year so far, it's absolutely fantastic. The only thing that is terrible to me is being on the bus for an hour (thus getting home pretty late) when it's full of a bunch of selfish, annoying little brats that I absolutely detest, and hopefully I'll be off of that next year!
My friend and I are even planning on staying after for an hour tomorrow just to hang around and eat candy. smilie

But g-guys...I love Math. I'm taking four Math classes once school starts x3

I actually like math too! Especially algebra. Only when I really understand the lesson, though.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:30:33 03/09/2014 by LevanJess
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#17 Posted: 00:27:28 03/09/2014
Oh nothing much really. Snarky to the debate teacher, sat alone in lunch, was quiet in every class to the extent I was invisible.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#18 Posted: 00:33:44 03/09/2014
What kind of strange person likes math?
How the hell does knowing how to find x going to help me in life?!

Every course is useful except math.

French: How will I communicate to everyone? Duh!
English: Speaking only French won't get you far, of course we have to learn English.
Geography: You have to know about current events.
History: You have to know about past events.
Ethics: General Culture and relaxing class.
Physical Education: Gotta stay fit.
Music: Actually this sucks too.
Science: Pewpewpew explosions
But math is useless.
#19 Posted: 00:36:06 03/09/2014

English: Speaking only French won't get you far, of course we have to learn English.
But math is useless.

YOU FORGOT ART!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#20 Posted: 00:43:00 03/09/2014
But math is useless.

I dunno man, math is a pretty valuable skill for everyday life and even more so for certain professions (IT, engineering, animators, cooking, etc.). At least a basic understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is good to have for when you're on your own and have to do your own finances and pay bills. I agree some lessons seem pretty worthless unless you're going in a specific profession or going to be a math teacher but it's certainly not all useless
---
but i love it all smooth
#21 Posted: 00:46:50 03/09/2014
Quote: DragonCamo

But math is useless.

YOU FORGOT ART!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ART.
Nah, I didn't forget it, it's just that at my school you either choose Art or Music. Music is the lesser of two evils for me. Art is just ew.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#22 Posted: 00:46:52 03/09/2014
Biology: I got to poke at pillbugs and herd them places!
Geometry: Angles. Splitting angels in half. Lines. Lots of lines.
Choir: Basically I try to write in solfege while everyone else fools around...
Phys. Ed: Running around as a warmup, then being too pooped to do anything else.
Lunch: Sit on the ground and talk with friends. Actually I mostly listen.
Chinese: I'm always self-conscious since I kinda secretly moved my seat and the teacher has not noticed yet.
English: Still listening to people presenting their summer projects.
American History: Facepalming as my classmates know nothing about current events. How are you not aware of ISIS? Huh? They fricken beheaded one of us!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#23 Posted: 00:48:05 03/09/2014
Quote: ShadowMewX
Phys. Ed: Running around as a warmup, then being too pooped to do anything else.
Chinese: I'm always self-conscious since I kinda secretly moved my seat and the teacher has not noticed yet.
American History: Facepalming as my classmates know nothing about current events. How are you not aware of ISIS? Huh? They fricken beheaded one of us!

You take Chinese? smilie
And do you have normal History? Or just American History?
#24 Posted: 00:53:06 03/09/2014
Quote: DragonCamo

But math is useless.

YOU FORGOT ART!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ART.
Nah, I didn't forget it, it's just that at my school you either choose Art or Music. Music is the lesser of two evils for me. Art is just ew.

*le gasp* smilie
Art is the most fun I ever have in school. I'm taking two art classes this semester, and I enjoy them both. I'm going to be a Graphic Designer or an Art Therapist. Art is my life, man. <3
---
#25 Posted: 01:04:16 03/09/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
I don't start until Thursday, but I've been doing school-related work all day.....it feels like I took a 12 hour math class or something.

You have homework before school?
What
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#26 Posted: 01:27:09 03/09/2014
Quote: ShadowMewX

You take Chinese? smilie
And do you have normal History? Or just American History?

I do! :3 I took one Mandarin Chinese class last year, and I'm actually in Chinese II this year.

Also, I'm in American History. X3 I'd like to take a normal history class sometime in the future, too though.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#27 Posted: 01:35:48 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
My Anatomy teacher has a small poster where we put our birthdays down on it, and then on our birthday we get something special! Yay, a return to Elementary school!!!! smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#28 Posted: 01:42:16 03/09/2014
I got a Doge sticker from my Latin teacher.
#29 Posted: 02:08:02 03/09/2014
My Anatomy teacher has a small poster where we put our birthdays down on it, and then on our birthday we get something special! Yay, a return to Elementary school!!!! smilie

Heh, none of my teachers do anything like that... Though my anatomy teacher is pretty lighthearted. He even has a little urn that says "Ashes of Problematic Students" on his desk.
---
but i love it all smooth
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30 Posted: 02:25:47 03/09/2014
my history teacher is the best.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#31 Posted: 08:03:26 03/09/2014
I'll be posting in this tomorrow D:
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#32 Posted: 19:15:13 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Had a pretty good day today, got to talk to some more friends.
#33 Posted: 21:39:19 03/09/2014
"Get the condoms in the tray" ~ My English teacher
#34 Posted: 02:24:47 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson

Did he say it in front of everyone?
#35 Posted: 02:25:25 04/09/2014
Quote: somePerson

Did he say it in front of everyone?

She said it to two boys in front of my desks.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#36 Posted: 02:31:24 04/09/2014
Today was really short. I found out that I got a 100 on my first quiz, and since I only had two classes I was done by 10:30 because my professor let us go early. I've pretty much been sitting at my computer most of the day trying to get this stupid essay typed up. I ended up missing my RUF meeting because of it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:45 04/09/2014 by AvatariDragon
#37 Posted: 02:40:05 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
And then I had a massive test in AP Language and Composition.....on the 2nd day of school!!!
#38 Posted: 02:49:39 04/09/2014
I remember my science teacher last year who made an End of year exam for the second last day of school. Everybody but me studied but the test turned out to be a flop because the paper told you what answers to put in and I was the first one to finish. Then the guy next to me cheated off of me.
#39 Posted: 02:49:44 04/09/2014
I had to sit at a table with other people because my loner table was taken. They were those guys that whistle at girls that walk by. They also would tell them "Hey," they point to another kid at the table "likes you!"
I'd rather have sat alone on the floor.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#40 Posted: 03:14:30 04/09/2014
Boy, reading some of the posts in here is another reason why I loved graduating already. smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:50 04/09/2014 by JCW555
#41 Posted: 03:44:59 04/09/2014
Dropping my Journalism class tomorrow. It'll be auto-replaced with a Study Hall. I'll have 2 Study Halls in a row because of it.

It's gonna be hell because I usually finish all my homework within the first 10 minutes of my first Study Hall.
#42 Posted: 16:30:43 04/09/2014
I'm jelly of all of you guys. Considering emailing my physics professor and my math 111 professor to see if there is any reading or work I can do to prep for class and set my mind.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#43 Posted: 19:39:08 04/09/2014
I haven't been to school since 2009.

Yeah, I don't go to school anymore; had some good times though, and some rubbish.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#44 Posted: 19:45:46 04/09/2014
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Yeah, I don't go to school anymore; had some good times though, and some rubbish.

Graduate high school or college?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#45 Posted: 20:06:47 04/09/2014
Lesson 1
OMG ELISIA'S BACK
HIIIII
HOW WAS JAPAN

Lesson 2
HOW WAS JAPAN
OMFG UR BACK YESSSSS
why didn't you stay in japan

Lesson 3
OMFG HEY HOW WAS JAPAN
go back to hong kong land

Lesson 4
The teacher sat me on the boring side of the classroom -.-

Lesson 5
There are two boys in my class who I ABSOLUTELY DETEST but the English teacher is pretty
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#46 Posted: 20:21:25 04/09/2014

Went to college in 2009, and passed it in 2012.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#47 Posted: 20:27:13 04/09/2014

Went to college in 2009, and passed it in 2012.

What was your major?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me