Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Click Me!!! Super Secret Info here!! [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#51 Posted: 07:02:44 06/09/2014
I can't help but wonder if they pulled these out of the boxes at the Warehouse and stored them with plans to create giant bundles - but stored them in an area that wasn't climate controlled and when they went to get them, the blisters were falling off... know that selling them in crazy bundles would make folks mad, they just threw 'em up on the website...
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#52 Posted: 07:26:46 06/09/2014
Who knows, its obscene that they even go to this extent in the first place. While i'm glad I got in on the deal , they don't exactly hold the keys to my wallet. If I could've gotten the deal somewhere else, I would've. Could've, Should've, Would've..........
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
BigMike Gold Sparx Gems: 2018
#53 Posted: 17:14:12 06/09/2014
Finally got mine today. Perfect shape. Came in a box big enough for six skylanders.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#54 Posted: 17:28:25 06/09/2014
Got mine yesterday. Absolutely no glue holding the back on at all. Came with Mini Jini.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#55 Posted: 17:58:13 06/09/2014
Got mine in the mail today. The backing isn't attached AT ALL. Can someone please tell me how they would attach the bubble to the backing? PM me if you don't want to post it here. I just don't want t hand my friend this figure as a birthday present like this.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#56 Posted: 21:22:53 06/09/2014
Uncle bob...I certainly think they were held back for bundles. Why they didn't do it is anyone's guess. But your scenario is plausible. I'm glad we got one. It is the first chase figure we have ever gotten directly--without ebay et. al.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#57 Posted: 21:50:59 06/09/2014
Quote: triggernut
Got mine in the mail today. The backing isn't attached AT ALL. Can someone please tell me how they would attach the bubble to the backing? PM me if you don't want to post it here. I just don't want t hand my friend this figure as a birthday present like this.

You can just use White Elmer's Glue-All and some chip clips or something to hold it down till it drys... smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#58 Posted: 22:01:33 06/09/2014
I found a little paste (yes cheap old school paste) with a tiny bit of water to make it a little thinner.... Works great and it doesn't hurt the card or bubble....and doesn't leave a cloudy look like Elmer's... Just my experience
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#59 Posted: 22:36:53 06/09/2014
Mine came in as well....some corner separation and up till about middle of card on right side....other side looks intact...nothing some glue wont fix. It's going to be opened anyways. Hopefully you all get better luck than whats being posted.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#60 Posted: 22:40:17 06/09/2014
mine came in with the clear plastic completely separated from the back card
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#61 Posted: 04:37:22 07/09/2014
Mine came in today - did anyone get anything besides Mini-Jini? Seems odd everyone got her.

Package has a minor dent in the top, otherwise, is great. Yay GameStop! smilie

For those of you who are wanting to reattach, using the glue (I suggest Elmer's Clear - other folks will have their own suggestions) along with a very small paint brush is the method used by many in the community who customize action figures.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#62 Posted: 08:10:06 07/09/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I can't help but wonder if they pulled these out of the boxes at the Warehouse and stored them with plans to create giant bundles - but stored them in an area that wasn't climate controlled and when they went to get them, the blisters were falling off... know that selling them in crazy bundles would make folks mad, they just threw 'em up on the website...

Quote: shelly9871
Uncle bob...I certainly think they were held back for bundles. Why they didn't do it is anyone's guess. But your scenario is plausible. I'm glad we got one. It is the first chase figure we have ever gotten directly--without ebay et. al.

I feel these were held off possibly waiting for more stink bombs to come in for more dark edition bundles but maybe that didnt pan out so they just sold them..
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#63 Posted: 14:53:19 07/09/2014
i got whisper elf
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
junun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#64 Posted: 15:13:54 07/09/2014
Arrived on Friday, similar situation with part of the bubble starting to peal off, but still attached enough. Got a thumpling with mine.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#65 Posted: 18:59:20 07/09/2014
I was gonna say, perhaps Gamestop took these figures out of the boxes for stores in the idea that they would put them up on their site in bundles/Rewards stuff and they just ended up getting damaged at some point. Seems a lot of people got them with bad glue problems and I dont think that's just a coincidence.

EDIT: oh lawl, looks like UncleBob had the same idea.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:14 07/09/2014 by spyroflame0487
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me