Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Who's Your Favorite Forgotten Spyro Character?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Who's Your Favorite Forgotten Spyro Character? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#51 Posted: 10:34:05 12/02/2015
Quote: artiste_violet
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
^ lol, nice. xD

I'm gonna be totally original and say that my favorite ''forgotten'' character is Elora. I also miss the dancing skeleton guy from Spyro 2 (y'all know who I'm talking 'bout, right?)

You know the dancing skeletion guy appears again in Spyro 3 aswell right? So at least he gets two appearances, and the concept itself is repeated twice as well. Only difference is that you need to use Sgt. Byrd.

And Elora makes a small cameo at the end of Spyro 3. When Spyro 4 first came out I did think that she would be in that game, but then again, she belongs to Avalar I guess, so it kind of makes sense.

Yeah, I knew that. I wrote Spyro 2 'cause it was the first game he appeared in. smilie
It would have been kinda cool if he would have made a small cameo in Skylanders or something, like how they brought back the sheep in the first Skylanders game.

As for Elora, I was half expecting her to appear in Dawn of the Dragon at one point, since Hunter and Avalar made a (brief) comeback in the series. Wishful thinking, I guess. xD

To be honest, I don't really consider that Hunter and Avalar made a brief comeback to DOTD, because they're nothing like the original. It's just a whole different thing to me. It's because it's an entirely different universe. Avalar doesn't really look at all similar to the original, the only thing that I can think of, which is a minor thing at that is the river that flows, you get a bit of that in a couple of areas of Summer Forest, but not as big.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#52 Posted: 01:14:12 13/02/2015
DotD Avalar was, frankly, pretty depressing and kind of a letdown. It's just a valley with one shanty town in it. By contrast, the Avalar in RR/GtG is a series of technologically advanced hub worlds that house the gateways to a vast number of other worlds; the three areas of Avalar are all distinct, have some lovely architecture, and sort of imply a unity of all these worlds that are connected to them. DotD Avalar is just where a bunch of inbred cat racists live (they all look the same and Prowlus' comments about dragons probably apply to other races; why else would they live in that horrible backwater?).

Hunter, like Spyro and Sparx in LoS, really bears no resemblance to the original. They just happen to share the same name and both be cheetahs (in a loose sense; DotD Hunter has the markings of a leopard and a similar build).
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#53 Posted: 16:01:07 13/02/2015
lol Maybe ''comeback'' wasn't the right term. I probobly should have said that I was half expecting Elora to appear in Dawn of the Dragon since they started name dropping Hunter and Avalar in TEN. You guys don't need to convince me that DotD Avalar sucks ass compared to the original Avalar (I don't even like Dawn of the Dragon all that much, and Ripto's Rage is my favorite Spyro game because of Avalar's diverse worlds, quirky characters and overall atmosphere), but I was just interested in what a DotD incarnation of Elora would be and look like if she would have appeared in that game.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#54 Posted: 19:49:28 13/02/2015
lol Maybe ''comeback'' wasn't the right term. I probobly should have said that I was half expecting Elora to appear in Dawn of the Dragon since they started name dropping Hunter and Avalar in TEN. You guys don't need to convince me that DotD Avalar sucks ass compared to the original Avalar (I don't even like Dawn of the Dragon all that much, and Ripto's Rage is my favorite Spyro game because of Avalar's diverse worlds, quirky characters and overall atmosphere), but I was just interested in what a DotD incarnation of Elora would be and look like if she would have appeared in that game.

Probably nothing like the Elora from Ripto's Rage. lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#55 Posted: 21:52:48 13/02/2015
After seeing DotD Hunter, you're probably right. xD
#56 Posted: 22:01:20 13/02/2015
Sorry, A_V, I wasn't really replying so much as just musing about how frustratingly bad DotD was in an aspect I hadn't thought of until then. :) I was really disappointed we didn't get to see Bianca, Elora, and Sheila in DotD. That would have salvaged some of it, at least. I did this version of her a few years back based on some DotD concept art of a faun character:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also, it's awesome to see your art again, A_V. I always loved the way you ink your lines and your use of color. :)
#57 Posted: 14:41:06 15/02/2015
lol No need to be sorry, Razz, I agree with what you and SuperSpyroFan are saying, that DotD Avalar, and the game in general, were a big letdown. I actually remember seeing those drawings a few years ago on deviantART (they're pretty neat). I wish the game had a bigger variety of characters and creatures... the ones they have in the final game are, for the most part, generic (not to mention it's a freaking sausage fest).

And thank you, I really appreciate it. smilie
#58 Posted: 18:49:40 15/02/2015
Oh man, don't get me started on how there are literally only two females in an entire trilogy of games, and one of them (Sparx's mom Nina) is almost certainly dead. :/
Tae Kwon Crow Ripto Gems: 136
#59 Posted: 00:39:29 16/02/2015
Mine would be Sgt. Byrd, he was always one of my favorites, until I lost the the CD .-.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#60 Posted: 09:57:41 01/03/2015
Teena from AHT.
#61 Posted: 20:15:37 01/03/2015
Ahg, I'm always forgetting about Teena and I loved her!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#62 Posted: 20:47:25 01/03/2015
If Skylanders characters count, I'd say Hugo, at this point. He's not like a lot of other NPCs that just took you to some levels or did one thing for the plot before they disappeared, he actually had a big role in SA's story. I really like how he respects Eon/the player and I like his knowledgeable personality, which contrasts nicely with most other NPCs.

Sure, he still appears in the 3DS games, but he's been less and less prominent (to the point he was asleep for 90% of TT).
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me