Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Who's Your Favorite Forgotten Spyro Character?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Who's Your Favorite Forgotten Spyro Character? [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 02:29:30 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
It can't be Spyro himself. It has to be someone else involved in the series.

Anyway, here's mine: Elora. Somehow, I think that there was something about her that we could have seen in some of the newer games. For example: was she always friends with Hunter?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:57:41 30/08/2014 by LocoGuy107
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 02:40:54 30/08/2014
You can't forget what you don't know. My best friend didn't start playing games until we were both adults and she won't know about Spyro until her kids start playing the Skylanders games I gave them. XD
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3 Posted: 23:01:06 30/08/2014
Definitely Elora. I always wondered about her: Where did she go after YOTD? She seemed to be the leader of Avalar-how did she get there? She is just simply amazing.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:27 01/09/2014 by Jaggedstar
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 03:51:10 31/08/2014
Err, the old Hunter? I don't really count old Hunter and DotD Hunter as the same people.
#5 Posted: 04:01:29 31/08/2014
Ooooh, you changed the title. Well, obviously, it's Elora. :)
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#6 Posted: 04:05:22 31/08/2014
Quote: Razz
Ooooh, you changed the title. Well, obviously, it's Elora. :)

What did Elora have that other characters didn't? I need to replay Spyro 2.
#7 Posted: 04:46:54 31/08/2014
She's just always been a favorite of mine and I realize that I appear to be something of an exception in that regard. I really like mythological creatures, especially fauns; her color scheme is very appealing; her voice was cute (to me); her design was really great in my book; she was one of the very first female characters I ever encountered who was strong but not in any sort of typical way (she used her smarts and her kindness to get stuff done)... I just really like her and always have. :)
#8 Posted: 04:49:59 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anyone think that Elora would make a great returning character? Maybe as a playable one that can do parkour?
#9 Posted: 05:26:32 31/08/2014
I reimagined her as a magic Skylander once. She was librarian and one of her attacks was to levitate a massive tome and drop it on her enemies. :D Definitely a gal who fought with her brains.

[User Posted Image]
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 06:26:45 31/08/2014
Still waiting to meet Mole-Yair and the other Manweersmalls again. And I always had a soft spot for the Atlawa.

No particular reasons, mainly nostalgia (though I really would like to see what happened to the Manweersmalls).

Cool idea, Razz.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 06:32:59 31/08/2014
How can a character be your favorite if you forgot about them?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#12 Posted: 07:12:21 31/08/2014
Thanks AoA! :)

Aww, yeah, I liked the Manweersmalls, too. I was really disappointed they didn't show up in DotD.

Trix: The topic isn't about characters we forgotten, it's about characters forgotten by the franchise or other fans.

Speaking of: Tara Croft. I'll always love a good Tomb Raider shout-out/parody, and that was one of the best. XD
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#13 Posted: 07:29:11 31/08/2014
Oh. The topic title kind of throws you off of such.

I'm sticking with Mole-Yair and Elora. They're probably the only two I actually remember and like now that you guys reminded me of who they are.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#14 Posted: 09:31:09 31/08/2014
Elora, she had a sense of mystery to her, and I find her to be one of the most interesting characters in the Spyro series. Hunter comes as a close second because he's such a great comic relief.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#15 Posted: 16:37:43 31/08/2014
What really constitutes as a forgotten character, anyway? A character who isn't in the most recent games (AHT/SL, DotD, or Skylanders, depending on what you consider a Spyro game)? A character who only appeared in one game, and hasn't been seen since? Does the character have to be major, or have appeared in more than one game?

My favorite one-time-only character is George the Snow Leopard. No reason other than that he's cute, but it would have been interesting to see him return.

Favorite character who appeared in more than one game but hasn't been seen since? Handel and Greta. Okay, that's two characters, but they always work together. I'm not sure why I've always liked these two that much, but there's no denying that Greta is awesome in Fireworks Factory. Her helping out made the level a lot more bearable (I really don't like Fireworks Factory).

Favorite forgettable character that actually made an impact on the plot? That nameless turtle creature from ANB and TEN. You know, the one who swam along while Spyro flew to Dante's Freezer? And that the same one (or at least, species) rescued Spyro after the Chronicler made him pass out over the ocean? It was a bit disappointing that we didn't see more of it; I'm sure if Krome had made The Darkest Hour it would have returned, maybe with an even more significant role.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#16 Posted: 08:09:51 01/09/2014
Bianca. I loved Bianca's character design and her character development. She was great at being both, a villain and a good guy, and she was so kick-ass and strong-willed even though she messed up all the time.
And the 'I will be veeeery angry, and you won't like me when I'm angry' line she made was so freaking sweet.

I also liked Elora, and Cynder when she was evil in ANB, for similar reasons to Bianca. I loved both their designs and personality. Cynder made a great villain, and should have stayed that way, because at least she would have died being awesome. Elora was always interesting to me.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#17 Posted: 08:30:41 01/09/2014
I liked Cynder's potential and everything that was implied about her up until DotD where it all got shoved in the trash. When you think about it, even little butterball Cynder is pretty terrifying; a trained murder weapon from birth with knives grafted into her body and enough mastery of the wind element (figured out alone) to survive by herself. That's pretty impressive. Oh, and she had the training at that age to command an army.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#18 Posted: 23:39:01 01/09/2014
Probably the Chronicler. I had a soft spot for him. Probably because he reminds me of Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, a little bit. I wish we got to see more of him.

There was also that guy "Agent Zero" ( I think that's his name?). You know, the guy you had to stalk for an egg in YotD?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#19 Posted: 01:37:39 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Probably the Chronicler. I had a soft spot for him. Probably because he reminds me of Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, a little bit. I wish we got to see more of him.

There was also that guy "Agent Zero" ( I think that's his name?). You know, the guy you had to stalk for an egg in YotD?

Actually, it was for an orb in Spyro 2.
#20 Posted: 00:31:13 03/09/2014
Sgt. Byrd is slightly less forgotten, but he stopped showing up in AHT, so I'd say he counts. Man, he was a jerk in AHT. XD

At this point, I think the only Spyro characters who aren't forgotten are Hunter, Spyro, Cynder, and Moneybags.
#21 Posted: 00:52:39 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
^A SMALL FEE!
#22 Posted: 13:24:46 03/09/2014
I liked Cynder's potential and everything that was implied about her up until DotD where it all got shoved in the trash. When you think about it, even little butterball Cynder is pretty terrifying; a trained murder weapon from birth with knives grafted into her body and enough mastery of the wind element (figured out alone) to survive by herself. That's pretty impressive. Oh, and she had the training at that age to command an army.

Agreed. Cynder had potential to be a great character, which was shown in TEN. But then DOTD destroyed all that.
so now I just wish she stayed evil
---
#23 Posted: 19:40:39 03/09/2014
I tend to just ignore most of DotD as being OOC for her, because it was. :D I write Cynder (ANB and TEN both) as being pretty morally gray. Even as an adorable little butterball, she's still a killer and uses logic far more than feelings.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#24 Posted: 02:31:43 04/09/2014
Probably Ripto >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#25 Posted: 01:52:01 06/09/2014
The Sorceress would be mine. I still wish she had a cutscene with Spyro in Year of The Dragon. Ripto was supposed to mention her(and Gnasty Gnorc) during one of his boss fights in Enter The Dragonfly.
#26 Posted: 21:47:32 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Someone should make a new game that references all of these characters.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#27 Posted: 20:07:05 11/09/2014
Elora, but I miss all of them.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#28 Posted: 19:23:01 16/09/2014
Binaca and Sgt. Byrd.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#29 Posted: 01:54:41 18/09/2014
Elora, Bianca, Sheila, Bentley... I loved Bentley. <3
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#30 Posted: 18:14:22 18/09/2014
Elora and Agent 9.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#31 Posted: 06:38:21 25/09/2014
I really liked Bianca. Her design was super cute and I loved her personality.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#32 Posted: 10:40:11 26/10/2014
I don't know why but I have always thought Sgt. Byrd Bentley and Blink where all really cool. And from what I've seen there is barely any fanart of Blink, so I guess you could say he is the most forgotten of the trio. I also like Agent 9's design and personality but I don't like some of his levels, or the fact that he's a monkey, don't like monkeys.
Oh oh oh! I came up with something! There could make a game where all the other Spyro characters have to fight and save the older Spyro worlds, because Spyro left them! You could play as Hunter, Bianca, Blink, Sgt Byrd in a few levels, Agent 9, Shelia, Elora, *laughs hysterically* How 'bout we throw in exclusive Moneybags levels too! (Hit tha badguys with a bag of gems! Booya!)
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#33 Posted: 12:38:41 26/10/2014
I tend to just ignore most of DotD as being OOC for her, because it was. smilie I write Cynder (ANB and TEN both) as being pretty morally gray. Even as an adorable little butterball, she's still a killer and uses logic far more than feelings.

Her DOTD personality wouldn't of bothered me much if she wasn't all mopey dopey, if anything her sarcastic annoyance at things was hilarious and the only thing I liked about DOTD were her little hissy fit at the campfire and constant sarcastic retorts at Sparx/Spyro. Still I would of liked to see Spyro roll right off her with his goofyness or child like carefree personality he briefly showed in ANB and TEN etc: Playing Hide and Seek with Sparx/ The Trip to the Chroniclers Tree or arrival at Mountain Of Malefor

DOTD did some things right but it's basically butchered everything else about the characters/lore, Hell even Ignitus comes off too friendly and happy in DOTD compared to ANB/TEN
marcusfern012 Ripto Gems: 0
#34 Posted: 03:18:18 31/10/2014
I think it's safe to say that A Hero's Tail Tomas, next to TLoS's Ignitus, would be most forgotten. I saw their potential. It's a shame that the developers couldn't fully realize it. Hopefully that'll change in the future.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#35 Posted: 01:09:06 04/11/2014
Sheila!! I would've loved to see her at least mentioned in Enter the Dragonfly or A Hero's Tail (gosh it would've been cool to see her revamped and given her own levels for AHT - maybe like a sidescroller sequence, like she had in one of the minigames in YotD!). And I can actually imagine a really cool Skylanders design for her too, so it's a shame she just sort of disappeared after YotD...
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#36 Posted: 13:22:16 05/11/2014
For Classic; Every one of them. Although, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley, and Moneybags live through Jet-Vac (Who I even call James some times), Slam Bam (Who I renamed Bentley) and Auric, respectively
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#37 Posted: 23:35:43 07/11/2014
I also quite like Bentley (and his lil bro), but only in YOTD. AHT completely ruined his character to the point I refuse to believe it's really Bentley (AHT also ruined Spyro, Sgt Byrd, Hunter and Moneybags, but to a smaller extent). The other playable characters in YOTD were great too (Agent 9 entertained me greatly when I was little), and I wish we got to see more from them besides the handheld games.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#38 Posted: 23:31:47 23/11/2014
Bianca and Elora. I feel like they were left out of a lot of Spyro games.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#39 Posted: 00:43:51 24/11/2014
I wish Vathek or Malefor came back in the new Skylanders games. Yeah, I'm being far-fetched thinking that Malefor will become a villain or even a Skylander.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#40 Posted: 01:44:48 24/11/2014
Quote: StormDragon21
I wish Vathek or Malefor came back in the new Skylanders games. Yeah, I'm being far-fetched thinking that Malefor will become a villain or even a Skylander.

Malefor is already a villain in the Skylanders games. As the Undead Dragon King of the underworld.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#41 Posted: 00:14:23 25/11/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: StormDragon21

Malefor is already a villain in the Skylanders games. As the Undead Dragon King of the underworld.

I mean as a boss battle.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Blackhawk Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#42 Posted: 15:32:47 25/11/2014
I'm gonna say... Sgt. Byrd.
---
I love Star Wars! Especially RC-1207 "Sev" <3
"I have become a shadow of my former self. I am a monster. I am a ghost. I'm a warrior from Hell..." - Me
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#43 Posted: 20:54:03 04/12/2014
Elora. I miss her. Hopefully future Spyro games will have her reincarnated.
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#44 Posted: 09:28:40 05/02/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Agreed. Cynder had potential to be a great character, which was shown in TEN. But then DOTD destroyed all that.
so now I just wish she stayed evil

^Same here. DoTD pretty much ruined everything I liked about Cynder in ANB & TEN.

I also really like Bianca and Elora and I wish they could've been in more Spyro games.
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#45 Posted: 19:56:58 05/02/2015
Elora I feel is a diplomat.

(probably cause I thought she was the princess of avalar as a kid, lol)

I also really miss Bianca and Zoe. :3
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#46 Posted: 05:41:52 11/02/2015
SHEILA. Like... what happened to her omg?? She was never even mentioned again after YotD and it makes me so sad she's my favorite aaaa

Honestly I would love to see her as a Skylander I think she'd be super cool

Edit: Oh m y gosh. This topic is so old that scrolling up you can see I said the. Exact same thing, like. Months ago. I'm laughing SORRY for literally giving the same opinion twice in a row. Some things never change, I guess?
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:55:47 11/02/2015 by Queen_Cynder
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10783
#47 Posted: 17:11:50 11/02/2015
^ lol, nice. xD

I'm gonna be totally original and say that my favorite ''forgotten'' character is Elora. I also miss the dancing skeleton guy from Spyro 2 (y'all know who I'm talking 'bout, right?)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#48 Posted: 21:24:08 11/02/2015
Quote: artiste_violet
^ lol, nice. xD

I'm gonna be totally original and say that my favorite ''forgotten'' character is Elora. I also miss the dancing skeleton guy from Spyro 2 (y'all know who I'm talking 'bout, right?)

You know the dancing skeletion guy appears again in Spyro 3 aswell right? So at least he gets two appearances, and the concept itself is repeated twice as well. Only difference is that you need to use Sgt. Byrd.

And Elora makes a small cameo at the end of Spyro 3. When Spyro 4 first came out I did think that she would be in that game, but then again, she belongs to Avalar I guess, so it kind of makes sense.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10783
#49 Posted: 00:18:37 12/02/2015
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: artiste_violet
^ lol, nice. xD

You know the dancing skeletion guy appears again in Spyro 3 aswell right? So at least he gets two appearances, and the concept itself is repeated twice as well. Only difference is that you need to use Sgt. Byrd.

And Elora makes a small cameo at the end of Spyro 3. When Spyro 4 first came out I did think that she would be in that game, but then again, she belongs to Avalar I guess, so it kind of makes sense.

Yeah, I knew that. I wrote Spyro 2 'cause it was the first game he appeared in. smilie
It would have been kinda cool if he would have made a small cameo in Skylanders or something, like how they brought back the sheep in the first Skylanders game.

As for Elora, I was half expecting her to appear in Dawn of the Dragon at one point, since Hunter and Avalar made a (brief) comeback in the series. Wishful thinking, I guess. xD
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me