darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > old adventure pack in tarp team???
Page 1 of 1
old adventure pack in tarp team???
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#1 Posted: 09:30:18 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
does anyone know if tower of time and sheep wreck islands will work in trap team, i dont think anyone's talked about this yet
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#2 Posted: 09:34:13 28/08/2014
That is a good question.

After the original 4 were dumped we were left with a big question mark on support for future ones as well.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 10:05:42 28/08/2014
It will probably work if there is no Adventure packs for trap team .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 10:22:39 28/08/2014
We know of 2 adventure packs for trap team already. I'm guessing they will be supported, since they supported the SSA adventure packs in Giants. However, there are 2 reasons not for it be supported as well. One is that the TT adventure packs seem to fit with TT theme of having villains to capture, while the SF adventure packs would not. The other reason is that we switched developers. I don't know if VV can just give the code to TfB, if it would even work without a complete rewrite. Not sure at all.

Actually, I'm changing my opinion, and going with probably not.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#5 Posted: 10:36:04 28/08/2014
When I asked the rep at the game truck demo thing, he said he didn't know.

Going on past games, there isn't that clear enough of a pattern:
  • 4 packs
  • 0 packs, older 4 work
  • 2 packs, none older work - Developer/engine change
  • 2 packs, ??? - Developer change

I definitely wouldn't count on the continued support since 1. it would be too much work/space porting them in over and over, and 2. there'd just be too many of them (see: the gimmick characters losing their game unlocks in the next game).
My guess would be no because of the whole trap thing, but it's just a guess.

Edit: Forgot some, Drek95 corrected me
---
#all Spyros are valid
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:05 29/08/2014 by Okaps
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#6 Posted: 11:04:21 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
they could always just not have any trappable villains in the older adventure packs
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 11:11:08 28/08/2014
Quote: Okaps
When I asked the rep at the game truck demo thing, he said he didn't know.

Going on past games, there isn't that clear enough of a pattern:
  • 4 packs
  • 0 packs, older 4 work
  • 2 packs, none older work - Developer/engine change
  • 2 packs, ??? - Developer change

I definitely wouldn't count on the continued support since 1. it would be too much work/space porting them in over and over, and 2. there'd just be too many of them (see: the gimmick characters losing their game unlocks in the next game).
My guess would be no because of the whole trap thing, but it's just a guess.

Fixed. smilie

It would be awesome to have trappable villains in the older Packs too.
It would improve A LOT the replayability.

I expect at least the original 4 to work.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#8 Posted: 11:45:21 28/08/2014
I assume they will just be magical items
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 11:46:37 28/08/2014
I'd say that the Swap Force Adventure Packs will work. And I'd stay the original four are a maybe.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#10 Posted: 11:48:28 28/08/2014
Unlikely.

Expansions from the first game were supported in Giants only because that game was "rushed" and did not have new expansions.
---
bye
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 12:04:05 28/08/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Well, we have the Nightmare Express and the Mirror of Mystery, the Adv. Packs of Trap team

@Newkill: Giants wasn't THAT much rushed....
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#12 Posted: 12:12:51 28/08/2014

There are 2 confirmed adventure Packs dude.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 12:18:01 28/08/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11

Well, we have the Nightmare Express and the Mirror of Mystery, the Adv. Packs of Trap team

@Newkill: Giants wasn't THAT much rushed....

Well, it had the less development time than any other game in the series.
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#14 Posted: 13:41:09 28/08/2014
It be cool if the dragon peak had vathek trapable instead of being stoned if. That old adventure pack worked it be cool if occulous was too
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 13:55:23 28/08/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
I'd say that the Swap Force Adventure Packs will work. And I'd stay the original four are a maybe.

They killed the original 4 in Swap Force. Don't expect them or frankly ANY adventure packs to return in this game. I'm not sure I want them recoding a level I've already played in the new game. Give me new content please.

I fully expect all previous adventure pack items to be magical items (if that). I actually expect the game to flip you off when you put it on, saying "Loser--you paid money for this and now it doesn't work." It sets their pompous attitude towards not supporting traps in #5.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:22 28/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#16 Posted: 14:08:48 28/08/2014
Personally I hope they do support the S.F. Expacs. That way we would be able to catch Cluck and Sheep Mage....That would be sick. It would take a little coding but I am 99% sure this won't happen. I'm thinking they never actually intended for the Adventure pack levels to be carried forward to the next game. I think Giants was the exception since it didn't have any expacs. of it's own. I think that's why they allowed them in Giants to detract from that fact and win points with moms and dads with game content that was seemingly future safe.
#17 Posted: 15:05:31 28/08/2014
Seriously though, if you want to catch Sheep Mage or Cluck, put in Swap Force. Sucks that the new characters aren't supported, but oh well.

Would be nice to actually put Sheep Mage and Cluck in a trap though.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:19 28/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#18 Posted: 15:59:40 28/08/2014
Wait, if these advanture packs are playable, it would make sence for Vathlek and Occiolus to be trapable, but none are on the poster.

I think old adv. Packs are useless again.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#19 Posted: 16:21:22 28/08/2014
I think the SSF Adventure Packs will work, only without the Trapping mechanic (like how they didn't add Giant areas to the original 4 in Giants). The only (possible) reason they ditched them in SSF is because of jumping and how much it would affect the level (e.g. getting to higher-up places faster and jumping over hazards). The graphics change is also a possibility, but not as likely, as they changed the graphics of the other 48 from SG and SSA.

And I've heard there are 4 new Adventure Packs instead of two (I can't remember where I seen it, though), so that means we'll have between 20-25 levels if the old ones work and there are 4 new ones. However, since TfB made the original 4, they might decide to bring them back, which would make over 25 levels.

However, having 10 Adventure Packs is very unlikely. I think SSF ones will work, though.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#20 Posted: 17:46:27 28/08/2014
Quote: Qcumber
I think the SSF Adventure Packs will work, only without the Trapping mechanic (like how they didn't add Giant areas to the original 4 in Giants). The only (possible) reason they ditched them in SSF is because of jumping and how much it would affect the level (e.g. getting to higher-up places faster and jumping over hazards). The graphics change is also a possibility, but not as likely, as they changed the graphics of the other 48 from SG and SSA.

And I've heard there are 4 new Adventure Packs instead of two (I can't remember where I seen it, though), so that means we'll have between 20-25 levels if the old ones work and there are 4 new ones. However, since TfB made the original 4, they might decide to bring them back, which would make over 25 levels.

However, having 10 Adventure Packs is very unlikely. I think SSF ones will work, though.

Over reach detector has been activated.
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#21 Posted: 17:51:57 28/08/2014
Meh. I am not really interested in re-running old adventure packs to re-unlock old content. I would rather they did 2 packs in SSA and 2 packs in Giants rather than no packs in Giants and 4 in SSA.

It's been said already: if you want to play SSF packs, play SSF.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#22 Posted: 18:12:50 28/08/2014
Thanks to the typo in the thread name I imagine trapping the bad guys with a big blue tarp now.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#23 Posted: 18:19:15 28/08/2014
You can only trap water element villains with the blue tarp. You need to buy at least 7 other color tarps for the rest. Don't worry, they come in 3-packs
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#24 Posted: 20:07:24 28/08/2014
I think and hope that all six old adventure packs will work.

As well as the battle packs unlocking new arenas.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#25 Posted: 20:21:54 28/08/2014
I would love to see all the old games redesigned on the new engine. But that is so unlikely at this point. And even though the last two are on the same engine, TfB probably won't change anything to them, so they might be abandoned as well.

I think we might get Sheep Wreck Island and Tower Of Time again in Skylanders 5, as long as VV isn't going to make too many changes to gameplay mechanics and things of the like. But I won't put too much faith into it.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#26 Posted: 20:25:41 28/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

They killed the original 4 in Swap Force. Don't expect them or frankly ANY adventure packs to return in this game. I'm not sure I want them recoding a level I've already played in the new game. Give me new content please.

I couldn't agree more. I'd rather them spend the programming time working on new levels instead of just porting old ones. If I want to play old levels, I just go play those games, simple.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#27 Posted: 21:47:01 28/08/2014
As I very much doubt what I'm about to say It could be possible for the old adventure packs to work,as there are now 8 adventure packs and there are 8 spots left on the poster for villians. Although Eye Five and The other bird counterpoint this so if it were to work,then only a few of the adventure packs would have trappable villains.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#28 Posted: 22:39:08 28/08/2014
Does anyone know if the items from old adventure packs would work?
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#29 Posted: 02:02:02 29/08/2014
Tarp Team smilie
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#30 Posted: 02:05:23 29/08/2014
Quote: wah543
Does anyone know if the items from old adventure packs would work?

The items from the older games will most likely all work. Even the original adventure pack items all still summoned spells in Swap Force, even if their respective levels couldn't be unlocked.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#31 Posted: 03:03:37 29/08/2014
In theory, they could let you play the four original expansions. The game is still running on the same engine as SSA/Giants, so porting the levels over would be a breeze (which is probably why they did it for Giants too). But, whether or not they will actually do it is another question. It might be confusing to some customers why some adventure packs work and not others, and then with the next game developed by VV why the two from Swap Force work and the other 6 don't.

So it's not likely at this point.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#32 Posted: 03:03:55 29/08/2014
Thank you very much, Tower of Time was the first Adventure Pack I got so I was just wondering
Darthfaker Green Sparx Gems: 464
#33 Posted: 16:03:58 29/08/2014
It would have to be a somewhat of a coding issue. It could work if TFB rewrote the in-game code. VV added jumping to each character and I don't remember where I saw it, but it said the older adventure packs weren't made for jumping, so it caused VV to just use the pieces as magic items. It all comes down to how much time and effort TFB put into the writing of the in-game code. Perfect example of this would be Metallic Heavy Duty Sprocket and Crystal Fire Bone Hot Dog. They are variants of already made products but not label correctly either in-game or NFC. They show up in game as the character they are meant to be but when you look at your collection in game they show up as a previous incarnation of themselves. But this could be done also to throw people off so they can release some sort of alt later. The only thing said that is for sure is that all previous characters will work. There has never been a confirmation that magic items will work. You can look on the official page and it only mentions the figures.
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#34 Posted: 19:43:56 30/08/2014
I hope all adventure packs works in trap team, that was the one thing i missed the most with swap force.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me