Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
List of all available Skylander homes? [CLOSED]
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#1 Posted: 04:49:23 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought a list of the Skylander houses/special houses would be useful to newer players

Special:
Dragon's Lair, Bird House, Dark House, Hall of Legends, Scout's HQ, Cadette's HQ, SWAP Force House, Trap Master House, Light Gateway, Dark Gateway
Magic:
Ninjini's House, Buddy Wrecking Ball's Hut, Mystic Star Strike's Hut, Love Potion Pop Fizz's House, Charming Cobra Cadabra's Hut
Tech:
Bouncer's House, Trigger Snappy's House, Knockout Jawbreaker's Hut
Water:
Thumpback's House, Surfer Slam Bam's Hut, Merry Snap Shot's Hut
Fire:
Hot Head's House, Cupid Flameslinger's Hut, Flip Flop Fryno's Hut, Small Fry's House
Earth:
Crusher's House, Birthday Bash's Hut
Air:
Swarm's House, Buttered Pop Thorn's Hut
Undead:
Eye Brawl's House, Grill Master Chop Chop's Hut, Skeletal Cynder's Hut, Snowler Brawl's Hut, Hallows Eve Hex's Hut, Hijinx's House, Fortune Funny Bone's Hut
Life:
Tree Rex's House, Fireworks Zook's Hut, Autumn Stump Smash's Hut, Whisper Elf's House

There are also special statues of Eon, Tree Rex, and Thumpback
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 01:45:42 03/04/2015 by JetVac96
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#2 Posted: 05:59:13 26/08/2014
Oh there are still some huts i am missing.
Buddy Wrecking Ball, FFF, Skeletal Cynder, Snowler Brwal, Autumn Stump Smash and Whisper Elf.

Buddy WB is in the well. But nearly a year now. I think no chance for getting it :-)

Maybe some day i can buy the ones i am missing.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#3 Posted: 22:39:54 26/08/2014
Nice I was trying to remember which Skylanders had huts released for them.
I just need Trigger Snappy and Flip Flop Fryno's huts.
I also need the Thumpback statue.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Bobbinator Green Sparx Gems: 315
#4 Posted: 22:54:11 26/08/2014
they just had a quest recently with the reward being Valetnine House does that count
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#5 Posted: 12:01:27 27/08/2014
I think you can't put any skylanders in Valentine's House.. It's just a premium house/decoration.. I'm still saving gems for rufus to get it though..
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 12:41:51 27/08/2014
Correct - the Valentine House is just a pretty building. You can't put anyone into it. It is just talked about with excitement on the forum because it was available for a short time once, then was unavailable for over a year. Even now, it is only available as a quest reward once you have purchased an expensive companion. So for players who want to have everything, it is a desired item.
#7 Posted: 09:31:18 23/09/2014
So what we know now is that mystic star strike has a hut as well.

But what about sundae slobber tooth?
Did i miss it or is he homeless?
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#8 Posted: 10:11:00 23/09/2014
SST doesn't have his own house to date..
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#9 Posted: 00:06:37 24/09/2014
Quote: karo122
So what we know now is that mystic star strike has a hut as well.

But what about sundae slobber tooth?
Did i miss it or is he homeless?

They should make a new multi-slot multi-skylander house that accepts all the homeless alts.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#10 Posted: 12:09:44 24/09/2014
Can you put them in a Cadette or Scout house? I use them in Sanct's if they don't have their own hut.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#11 Posted: 12:50:01 24/09/2014
Quote: Kalamath
Can you put them in a Cadette or Scout house? I use them in Sanct's if they don't have their own hut.

You can, but they don't have much of a payout as other houses. I'm fine, though, as I typically use my alts that don't have huts to earn the extra 25% gold bonus elsewhere.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#12 Posted: 14:03:33 24/09/2014
I think you are too hard on those houses . We have lots of cores that dont do anything . If Scout and Cadet houses are as good as the birdhouse , i see no reason not stock up on them .

Whats the production time of those houses and whats the buy limit ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:14:43 24/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#13 Posted: 16:50:06 24/09/2014
4 hours to collect. I don't know what the limit is.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#14 Posted: 17:13:52 24/09/2014
Honestly, I was just musing on Qanai's comment. Personally, I don't have much use for Bird/Cad/Scout houses. Unless you have everything else, they just don't pay. Since I'm only missing two houses (mini's), I really don't like to be bothered with the B/C/S. I only have one of each for completeness, and I suggest they aren't worth buying more of unless you just like busy work. After a while it's like "Wow, I really don't want to click anymore..."

Think about it this way. Most Giant huts can pay 6 or more gems, and cost us 350. B/C/S's only pay out 1 gem. Or is two tops? Half-off sale, you pay 100 gems for them.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#15 Posted: 17:14:57 24/09/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I think you are too hard on those houses . We have lots of cores that dont do anything . If Scout and Cadet houses are as good as the birdhouse , i see no reason not stock up on them .

Whats the production time of those houses and whats the buy limit ?

I see a benefit for HQs since most of us have core Skylanders just doing nothing. But if I had the choice of using an HQ or a house/hut, I'd go for the house/hut. HQs may have only a 4 hour time compared to 6 hours for the houses/huts, but they don't have much of a payout. 2 gems at the most. Where huts/houses can reach up to 5 or 6. I'll agree that if you have the gems to spare and have plenty of Skylanders doing nothing, then it might be fun to buy them, but they're no where near as good as house/hut.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#16 Posted: 19:40:00 24/09/2014
While many core skylanders have nothing to "do" you have to ask if the cost of one of these houses is greater than the return on it. I would think even with very active play it would take a long, long time to earn back the gems it costs to buy these houses. And you have to sink a lot of time into loading and collecting from them. It's not worth it for me....
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 20:36:50 24/09/2014
Quote: midas73
While many core skylanders have nothing to "do" you have to ask if the cost of one of these houses is greater than the return on it. I would think even with very active play it would take a long, long time to earn back the gems it costs to buy these houses. And you have to sink a lot of time into loading and collecting from them. It's not worth it for me....

Any gem costing gem producers (other than toy link towers if you have the toys) are long term investments. You won't turn them around fast into profit. Best purchased if you have gems to spare and decent gem income, not to try and increase your payout in the immediate future. Best case, you would be looking at around a minimum of two months to see a return, and that is with crazy good luck. But with enough of them and enough time, and you have people that are turning upward of a 50-100 gems a day in income. That's how you reach end game, it's a long slow process - working as intended to entice real money purchases.
#18 Posted: 21:52:36 24/09/2014
What end game ? You play till you are sick bored to death . Well you get what you pay for . Low 100 gem on discount day for a low payout house or lots of gems for a high paying house . The only argument i see against Scout and Cadet HQ or bird house is extra space needed to rival or beat one decent house . I think theoretically 3 of these bought at discount at 4 hour production can beat a 6 hour giant house .

For now I would rather pay a 100 gems on discount legendaries and pop em in Halls of Legends or if i am real lucky spin myself a legendary .
---
#19 Posted: 22:30:33 24/09/2014
OK, I'm getting on my soapbox here. And I'll probably sound a bit like a jerk. (This is because I am a jerk but I do try to hide it on these forums as much as possible smilie )

I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty sick of loading houses, etc. so buying MORE houses that have low payoffs makes no sense for me personally. I load the ones I do because I expect a payoff and I still need coins so I can spin for all of the trap team skylanders when they (hopefully) enter the game next month.

Just buying the houses for the core skylanders to have something to "do" does makes sense to me, if you're still into loading everything all the time. Warning--there may come a time when you realize that you're wasting more than an hour a day doing this and decide it's no longer worth it.

But buying these second and third tier houses with the expectation that they will put you "ahead" in the game (i.e. be profitable) doesn't make a lot of sense. I think you cannot expect more than 1 gem per day from these houses. How many gems do they cost? 600 for dragon/dark on sale? That's 2 years from now just to get the gems back. NOT worth it for me personally (especially on a time sink/annoyance factor basis). Just let the core skylanders wander around and use them to clear chests or load the clock or molekin mine on occasion.
---
#20 Posted: 00:01:44 25/09/2014
Quote:
But buying these second and third tier houses with the expectation that they will put you "ahead" in the game

You are quite correct and i will include 1st tier houses to that statement . Its all a big carrot string. Yes its about half a year before you get your gems back from buying any house.

This is a do what you want game and its going to take years to reach anywhere significant unless you use real money for fake gems . I certainly hope i am not still playing this game in 2 years. smilie

I have my favorite things I like to spend gems on. Thats how i have fun .
---
#21 Posted: 01:19:07 25/09/2014
YOU DARE HAVE FUN IN A WAY I DON'T APPROVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Of course you do! As should we all! I just worried that people were basing their decisions on bad facts and wanted to clear the air.

NEVERTHELESS, YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!!!!!!!

smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
#22 Posted: 06:57:12 25/09/2014
Quote:
NEVERTHELESS, YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEP !!!

Rock and Roll and playing video games has desensitized you to violence.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:52 25/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#23 Posted: 14:26:01 25/09/2014
What end game ? You play till you are sick bored to death .

Actually, I would argue that there is an end game - even for this type of game. At the moment, with the exception of MSS's hut, I have everything there is to get. All skylanders (maxed), all companions, maxed out Dragon and Dark, a Hall of Legends for everyone, a Swaphouse for almost everyone (leave one of each type free for sugar bats), and so on. Even more of some items than I ever thought I would have - such as 7 Fire Shrines and 3 Thumpback Statues.

I play twice a day - morning and night. Without trying, I have almost 800,000,000 gold, over 5,000,000 energy (I plant a crop maybe once a week) - sheep topiaries and houses keep me pretty level, and over 6,000 gems. With no effort or thought, I can instantly buy anything new they put out.

I call that done. There is no game left - no thought, no managing resources, no decisions on what to save for. The game part is done.

What I have now, is my set of islands to fiddle with. Like redoing a jigsaw puzzle or rereading a favourite book, it's just pleasant. And as long as I'm still curious what comes out next and get enjoyment out of rearranging my islands to fit it in, I'll keep playing.

Yes, you stop playing when you are bored, but my son stopped playing (again) due to boredom, and he is nowhere near what I would call the end game.
#24 Posted: 14:42:07 25/09/2014
How long have you been tapping away at lost islands ? smilie
---
#25 Posted: 16:04:56 25/09/2014
Quote:
NEVERTHELESS, YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEP !!!

Rock and Roll and playing video games has desensitized you to violence.

[User Posted Image]

No, but your desensitization will commence promptly! smilie
---
#26 Posted: 16:48:25 25/09/2014
How long have you been tapping away at lost islands ? smilie

Uhh... too long? smilie

[I wanted an embarrassed face, but couldn't figure out how to do it. This one seems to also work for me though.]

Real answer = over a year.
#27 Posted: 03:49:29 12/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Added houses from October onward.
---
#28 Posted: 08:32:11 12/12/2014
Its funny for all our comments about bird and HQ houses , most of us killed ourselves to complete that Thanksgiving birdhouse prize quest . smilie

Quote:
I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty sick of loading houses,

I am starting to get that feeling too .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:37:02 12/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#29 Posted: 16:45:13 12/12/2014
Its funny for all our comments about bird and HQ houses , most of us killed ourselves to complete that Thanksgiving birdhouse prize quest . smilie

Quote:

The comments are based on spending the gems for them. If it's a free prize, then why not? And I didn't kill myself on it. I checked in 2 or 3 times that day (being busy for much of the day) and still got it. I also bought some more HQs for 100 gems, just for the fun of it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the gems to waste, though.
#30 Posted: 19:12:09 12/12/2014
Quote: obidawsn

Quote:

The comments are based on spending the gems for them. If it's a free prize, then why not? And I didn't kill myself on it. I checked in 2 or 3 times that day (being busy for much of the day) and still got it. I also bought some more HQs for 100 gems, just for the fun of it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the gems to waste, though.

I did the quest more for something to do. The bird house "prize" is now sitting in storage with the other one I bought (which I bought just to be completist).
---
#31 Posted: 21:05:49 12/12/2014
Wow thats kinda sad . You know you can play other kingdom games and still chat on this forum ?
---
#32 Posted: 14:16:46 14/12/2014
Don't feel sad for me. I'm quite satisfied playing this game in the limited way I do, and I'm also happily not addicted to any other kingdom games!
---
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#33 Posted: 14:21:31 14/12/2014
What are some other really good Kingdom type games to play. $0 cost but can make good progress like Skylanders.
#34 Posted: 15:54:11 14/12/2014
Quote:
What are some other really good Kingdom type games to play. $0 cost but can make good progress like Skylanders.

Define progress please ? Fake gems ? No other kingdom game is as generous with premium currency as Lost Islands. Graphic speaking some other kingdom games beat lost islands on the decorations . Also most other kingdoms have way more space for you to work with .

Simpsons Tapped Out is second to Lost Islands in my opinion I recommend it . When it comes to making you laugh it beats lost islands .

My Little Pony . Level cap progress is fast . You can max in 6 to 8 months easy . They just had a new pony kingdom upgrade . < a bit generous with premium currency >

Smurfs . My little brother played with that , it looks pretty good . You can produce premium currency buildings but its slow .

Tiny Death Star . Its very simplified version of a kingdom game but it makes you laugh . The graphics are low on purpose . It is a kingdom game but the style is very unique among these other clones . You build levels on a death star . <a little generous with their premium currency but no production options >

Dragonvale , its not bad i played it a bit . If you like dragons , you will love running a dragon park and breeding new species . The real estate is as cramped as lost islands . It seems oldish kingdom app game .

Fantasy Town . I actually level capped this after my first Lost islands Kaboom . Its one bad point is that its on auto pilot , there is no support or updates but its great graphics if you like fairies and magic .

Oregan Trail , I cannot comment too much but it was funny . You can choose boy or girl settler .

Hope this helps try em all see what you like best .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:07:39 14/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#35 Posted: 01:51:40 15/12/2014
Yeah I was talking about get premium currency as easy as LI. I have spent real money in LI but it has been fun playing. A little here or there doesn't hurt. You pay $50+ for console and pc games and I have put more hours into LI than other games.
My kids play My Little Pony. I have bought them premium currency but than my daughters iPad had to be replaced and she lost a years worth of progress.
I might try Simpsons.
Games I like on my iPad that I play that start as free, I will play to stop the ads. It give a little back to the developer.
Just looking for something else now that I am at level 39 and progress is slower.
Thanks
#36 Posted: 02:50:00 15/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Dragons: Rise of Berk is great and you don't need to spend money to be successful.
---
#37 Posted: 03:33:59 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Double Posting, but I added the newer additions :-)
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#38 Posted: 14:26:06 24/01/2015
Quote:

Define progress please ? Fake gems ? No other kingdom game is as generous with premium currency as Lost Islands. Graphic speaking some other kingdom games beat lost islands on the decorations . Also most other kingdoms have way more space for you to work with .

Simpsons Tapped Out is second to Lost Islands in my opinion I recommend it . When it comes to making you laugh it beats lost islands .

My Little Pony . Level cap progress is fast . You can max in 6 to 8 months easy . They just had a new pony kingdom upgrade . < a bit generous with premium currency >

Smurfs . My little brother played with that , it looks pretty good . You can produce premium currency buildings but its slow .

Tiny Death Star . Its very simplified version of a kingdom game but it makes you laugh . The graphics are low on purpose . It is a kingdom game but the style is very unique among these other clones . You build levels on a death star . <a little generous with their premium currency but no production options >

Dragonvale , its not bad i played it a bit . If you like dragons , you will love running a dragon park and breeding new species . The real estate is as cramped as lost islands . It seems oldish kingdom app game .

Fantasy Town . I actually level capped this after my first Lost islands Kaboom . Its one bad point is that its on auto pilot , there is no support or updates but its great graphics if you like fairies and magic .

Oregan Trail , I cannot comment too much but it was funny . You can choose boy or girl settler .

Hope this helps try em all see what you like best .

Also, how about Tunnel Town? It can also be considered generous with premium currency(I played since July and I have about 200 stars) but it's not as active as Lost Islands.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#39 Posted: 14:39:48 24/01/2015
Light and Dark Gateways are more of a Sanctum/Sanctuary than a house.

Also, Merry Snapshot has a house, it came up for purchase with a Gem package around Christmas but has never been able to be purchased with gems. It looks like a big present as I recall.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#40 Posted: 17:41:05 24/01/2015
You are correct...you can see it on Auras water island
#41 Posted: 09:37:14 25/01/2015
Quote:
Also, how about Tunnel Town? It can also be considered generous with premium currency(I played since July and I have about 200 stars) but it's not as active as Lost Islands.

I never heard of tunnel town before . Sounds interesting.
---
#42 Posted: 19:09:57 25/01/2015
Quote: defpally
Light and Dark Gateways are more of a Sanctum/Sanctuary than a house.

Also, Merry Snapshot has a house, it came up for purchase with a Gem package around Christmas but has never been able to be purchased with gems. It looks like a big present as I recall.

At this point, I would consider the gateways as houses. They act like houses since you don't use energy to populate them.
#43 Posted: 20:20:33 25/01/2015
Yes, but their payouts and timeframe not to mention alignment with an element makes them like Sanctuaries. I guess it is sort of a hybrid since they cannot go full on Sanctuary, since you would never be able to fill three slots.
#44 Posted: 07:29:09 05/02/2015
Quote:
At this point, I would consider the gateways as houses. They act like houses since you don't use energy to populate them.

I would label them as houses too .
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#45 Posted: 11:43:35 05/02/2015
They also did not count towards this month's quest for using Trap Masters in sanctuaries.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#46 Posted: 03:38:18 10/02/2015
merry slap shot?
#47 Posted: 13:39:58 10/02/2015
Love Potions Pop Fizz' hut since today :-)
#48 Posted: 14:03:40 10/02/2015
I wonder if the other colour variant Skylanders will get a hut too ,

Quote:
merry slap shot

Domestic violence trapmaster variant . Very rare .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:28 10/02/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#49 Posted: 14:56:38 27/02/2015
Charming Cobra Cadabra has house now - I saw an offer screen for 550 get pack + this house.
I will be waiting till it will be available in shop for gems.
#50 Posted: 17:34:42 27/02/2015
Yeah I bought it and the pack was showing on the gem screen for 350 gems. It was only 350 gems when I bought it.
So the splash info sheep was wrong.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me