Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 33 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1601 Posted: 07:18:05 01/03/2017
I only like sports if they have a video game mascot slapped on it. That's a unpopular opinion?
---
Bruh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1602 Posted: 17:52:43 01/03/2017
Quote: Crash10
I only like sports if they have a video game mascot slapped on it. That's a unpopular opinion?

On here, not even close.

It would be more unpopular on here for you to say you play FIFA.

Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: CAV
Quote: Drawdler
^ Most people hate baseball? At least it's way better than cricket. Nobody here likes cricket either but I'd much rather watch baseball.

Late as hell but loads of people on this site seem to either be bored by sports or hate them with an irrational passion. And even the few who like sports tend to vastly prefer American football or basketball.

In the general population those sports tend to be the more popular ones, whereas baseball is frequently cited as being boring and taking way too long to finish.

im gonna build on this with an unpopular opinion of my own, football is literally boring as **** and basketball and baseball are vastly superior

that being said, when it comes to olympic sports, only three interest me: table tennis, swimming, and beach volleyball

I vaguely dig football and keep planning to watch more each season, but I do think the popularity of the sport is going to wane the more we learn about concussions and the effects they can have.

That said, I think basketball or soccer/football will be the sport that overtakes football. Not baseball like r/baseball would like to think.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:16 01/03/2017 by CAV
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1603 Posted: 13:17:38 04/03/2017
Everyone who voted for Trump and Brexit would rather lie in the couch, watch crappy TV and treat their family like dirt than actually for a job because they're lazy entitled narcissists who think they should be given everything because they're white heterosexual men. Also... people who use religion to justify their evil deeds don't really care about church or reaching out to others. Yes, this includes Christians.

P.S. This is probably the only place I can vent out my anger.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1604 Posted: 03:44:54 05/03/2017
This is less an unpopular opinion and more just me justifying a weird verbal tick I have

I use "dude" as a pretty gender neutral term because I feel like there's no real equivalent of that word for girls. Sure, there's "dudette" but that's corny and I'm already Adventure Time levels of weird phrasing as is. "Dude" brings good vibes, man. I don't feel the need to trap it to a gender.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1605 Posted: 04:55:31 05/03/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is less an unpopular opinion and more just me justifying a weird verbal tick I have

I use "dude" as a pretty gender neutral term because I feel like there's no real equivalent of that word for girls. Sure, there's "dudette" but that's corny and I'm already Adventure Time levels of weird phrasing as is. "Dude" brings good vibes, man. I don't feel the need to trap it to a gender.

Agreed. I do the same with "man" and "guys" when referring to a group.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#1606 Posted: 21:36:09 05/03/2017
I rewatched Lilo and Stitch, and to me, it's 50% Stitch gets blamed for everything, 30% aliens trying to hunt Stitch down (who I'm supposed to like?) and 20% stuff I enjoy.
---
Soon.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1607 Posted: 00:49:15 06/03/2017

On here, not even close.

So, it's not an unpopular opinion that I like Mario's Sports Games?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#1608 Posted: 01:17:41 06/03/2017
Quote: SkylandrPurists

On here, not even close.

So, it's not an unpopular opinion that I like Mario's Sports Games?

I really like those. Surprisingly, I don't like football/soccer at all, but I love Strikers Charged.
---
Bruh
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#1609 Posted: 02:02:58 09/03/2017
ALEX HIRSCH IS A HACK
A HACK
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1610 Posted: 03:16:49 09/03/2017
I think the Nintendo Switch will be a success once all the bumps are ironed out and there's more games made available for it. Maybe not as big as the Wii, but certainly better than the Wii U.

...Is that really an unpopular opinion? I feel like it is...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#1611 Posted: 03:48:32 10/03/2017
Trap Team is the worst Skylanders game. There are just too many figures, and most of them are forgettable.
---
Any last wishes?
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1612 Posted: 20:31:27 10/03/2017
Not sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion or not, but I don't feel like the backlash animation memes are getting is warranted.

I mean, there's been good critiques regarding their lack of variance and repetitiveness, but a lot of these cringe compilations just seem to be taking jabs regarding the compiler's biases rather than pointing out bad animation.

A lot of these memes have a lot of skill and talent. I see a lot of unique art styles, fluid transitions between frames, and sometimes variance in the style of animation.

I feel like Solar Sands critiqued the main issue well, in that artists should push themselves to draw more than just a couple of frames with the character's head bobbing, and the like. Yes, they are mostly exercises, but there has been a trend of them not having as much effort put in as they could.

Despite this, people still get the wrong idea and jump into the "animation memes are cancer" bandwagon. But I guess YouTube cynics will always be YouTube cynics, and just want to complain about things that have furries and Warrior OCs.

Also, can we stop calling bad animation and art "cancer"? Please? Because it's just bad art that the artist needs to improve on, it doesn't freaking kill people by the masses or anything, or at all. What a way to discourage young artists, comparing their work to an incurable disease.

I've been watching too many deviantArt rant videos, yikes.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1613 Posted: 23:43:50 10/03/2017
Cars 2 is a good movie,

Monsters University is the worst pixar movie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1614 Posted: 23:45:25 10/03/2017
That´s why i deleted my "animations" since there not very good to begin with and i also deleted the files so there gone. But i don´t know putting an animation memes and art works in a Cringe Compilation is just discouraging and terrible.
#1615 Posted: 12:57:45 11/03/2017
Infinity Train is cool and all, but when's Twelve Forever?
#1616 Posted: 21:26:08 22/03/2017
Surprisingly, POPs are one of the few "Chibi Vinyl Figures" I can tolerate. Everything else kinda sucks IMO. Nenodroids have more articulation, sure... but I'm still not that big a fan of them
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1617 Posted: 23:01:43 22/03/2017
Surprisingly, POPs are one of the few "Chibi Vinyl Figures" I can tolerate. Everything else kinda sucks IMO. Nenodroids have more articulation, sure... but I'm still not that big a fan of them

i dont like chibi figures period.

i find them ugly and really unappealing.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#1618 Posted: 23:19:34 22/03/2017
I actually watch Haedox's videos.

Is that unpopular enough?
---
Soon.
#1619 Posted: 00:48:05 23/03/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
I actually watch Haedox's videos.

Is that unpopular enough?

I don't like his videos, but I don't think he's the worst thing ever.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1620 Posted: 01:15:25 23/03/2017
I don't like polarizing opinion only videos, so I wouldn't watch if it was someone who didn't cause a mess either. As someone else said about him on twitter, it's ok that he believes in X unpopular opinion, but he presents it in such contrarian and/or pretentious ways that I can't care.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:53 23/03/2017 by Bifrost
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1621 Posted: 02:06:42 23/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
I don't like polarizing opinion only videos, so I wouldn't watch if it was someone who didn't cause a mess either. As someone else said about him on twitter, it's ok that he believes in X unpopular opinion, but he presents it in such contrarian and/or pretentious ways that I can't care.

I know right? That tone of his voice.... His behavior, presentation, he's all around pretentious.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1622 Posted: 02:16:53 23/03/2017
Low hanging fruit too. It's alright when someone brings up Konami in a related video and brings some good points, but are you really making an entire video to **** on them with no regular subject when everyone already does it? At least I Hate Everything always tries to go for what people usually don't point out in a movie.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1623 Posted: 01:26:36 24/03/2017
I'm actually considering seeing the emoji movie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1624 Posted: 03:41:31 24/03/2017
The HTTYD TV series(es) is/are better than the films.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1625 Posted: 06:42:34 24/03/2017
Quote: TheJMAN184
I like being white and I don't care if I'm called a fascist or racist for it.

Being proud of being white should be held in the same standing as being proud of being black, Asian, any race at all.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1626 Posted: 09:50:05 24/03/2017

im proud to be an american, thats prerry unpopular too.
---
#1627 Posted: 10:11:39 24/03/2017

I'm proud to not be dead in da ground.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1628 Posted: 10:18:41 24/03/2017

I like being white as well. Liking your own race doesn't signal any sort of contempt for other races in itself.

But yeah, it's easy for me to say that since I live in Finland where everybody is white.
#1629 Posted: 16:50:12 24/03/2017
Quote: Samius

I like being white as well. Liking your own race doesn't signal any sort of contempt for other races in itself.

But yeah, it's easy for me to say that since I live in Finland where everybody is white.

youve never been on tumblr, have you samius?
---
#1630 Posted: 18:31:37 24/03/2017
I think racial pride is stupid, honestly. I'm more about judging people's character and personality rather than what color their skin looks like. Be proud of yourself and what you've accomplished.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1631 Posted: 19:44:58 24/03/2017
I think racial pride is stupid, honestly. I'm more about judging people's character and personality rather than what color their skin looks like. Be proud of yourself and what you've accomplished.

bless this post
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1632 Posted: 22:17:54 24/03/2017
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: Samius

youve never been on tumblr, have you samius?

Not really, but I do know that a lot of demoralized, close-minded people use it.

I just don't really like the notion of pride in general. Pride is when you take something and hold it in such high value that you attach it to your ego and make it a part of your identity. That way anything that goes against the thing itself also goes against your ego, and you find yourself having to defend whatever you're proud of.

In most cases people should just opt to being happy instead. Pride has it's uses, but I find that it's mostly uncalled for.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:46 24/03/2017 by Samius
#1633 Posted: 00:46:17 25/03/2017
Unless if you´re a closeminded tumblrina.

Seriously tumblr treats white skined, cis, straight people and of course men as the devil.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1634 Posted: 21:35:53 31/03/2017
Honestly, I think the PPG 2016 reboot is kinda overhated. I understand people complaining about memes, but truth be told, it's just basically making mountains out of molehills, and they don't really bother me that much. I KNOW why people hate them (especially the "twerking" scene in Painbow), but these jokes affect me like a Tackle attack on an Aggron (needless to say, a little bit of damage).
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1635 Posted: 14:34:24 08/04/2017
Possible spoiler regarding Star Wars: Rogue One-

I'm so over people constantly whining about CGI Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. I honestly thought the effects looked fantastic, especially since this is the first time a movie is really trying effects like these. There's a first time for everything and it was really impressive for its first try. I didn't even know the actor who played Tarkin died until after I finished the movie and looked more into it, I just thought they got the original actor and used some effects to make him look younger.
---
Cool cool.
#1636 Posted: 01:40:52 10/04/2017
Really kids need to be allowed to watch mature content allow them to watch that junk, like that would stop censorship.

That would stop people from complaining of Kid Friendly stuff and that this is becoming kid friendly, like this generation hate children these days.
#1637 Posted: 01:58:58 10/04/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Really kids need to be allowed to watch mature content allow them to watch that junk, like that would stop censorship.

That would stop people from complaining of Kid Friendly stuff and that this is becoming kid friendly, like this generation hate children these days.

I think you don't really get how kids work...
---
Bruh
#1638 Posted: 02:03:15 10/04/2017

I agree with this to some extent. I don't think kids should be exposed to super gory stuff and other subjects of a similar caliber, because their minds would be too young to handle it and they would be absolutely mortified.

However I believe there's no reason to shield children from foul language. There's really no reason. That's just excessive censorship imo.
---
#1639 Posted: 02:15:43 10/04/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude

I agree with this to some extent. I don't think kids should be exposed to super gory stuff and other subjects of a similar caliber, because their minds would be too young to handle it and they would be absolutely mortified.

However I believe there's no reason to shield children from foul language. There's really no reason. That's just excessive censorship imo.

I also don't think foul language is necessary to be censored (but I see the reason why). But I think that children shouldn't be blatantly exposed to extreme violence, high sexual content or subjects that are too complex for them. Obviously some family-friendly content used a bit of those sometimes (mainly the third one), but it wasn't blatant, so it was more of a thing for the older public to enjoy while not changing the age rating.

I also think people need to understand the difference between censorship and age rating. Generally, only TV content and some extreme examples of games and movies are actually censored. The rest just gets the age rating, which doesn't stop the kids for watching at home, it's more of a recommendation. I don't know how it works on other countries, but here, a kid younger than the age rating of a film can still watch it on a cinema as long as a parent is following the kid. So yeah...
---
Bruh
#1640 Posted: 02:18:11 10/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Kids don't have as much control over language as adults do, though? I have three younger siblings and they curse because they've been exposed to that sort of thing.

So I think that's a pretty idiotic thing to say. And you really shouldn't say foul things around kids, because they're more than likely to repeat it.

But my point is I don't think there should be a problem with repeating it. I think it's not necessary to block that sort of thing out. I can't think of a single legitimate reason they should be shielded from it.
---
#1641 Posted: 02:26:16 10/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: 84skylanderdude
But my point is I don't think there should be a problem with repeating it. I think it's not necessary to block that sort of thing out. I can't think of a single legitimate reason they should be shielded from it.

Because foul language is exactly that? It's foul, and it's negative in every sense of the word.

Please don't talk about things that you have absolutely no understanding of. Come back and talk to me if you have your own kids or siblings because then you'll understand.

I don't see any reason it should be though. You're not really giving me any real answers, you're just saying "It's bad because it's bad". I do have a younger sibling and I see no reason as to why she should be avoiding these words.

I know you're not very fond of me but geez, no need to act like a dick because I have a different viewpoint.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1642 Posted: 02:32:46 10/04/2017

Appropriate song right now.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
First | Previous | Page 33 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me