Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 25 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1201 Posted: 21:25:56 26/05/2016
Quote: DeathBlade
*Flame/Troll Shield*

Sonic 06 > Colors, Generations, Lost World & Boom

Pffffft... Yeah, ok. Sure, you do you!
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#1202 Posted: 21:26:23 26/05/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: alicecarp
3D Mario games (64/Sunshine/Galaxy/3D World) > Classic/2D Mario games and NSMB

I agree.

Same, same, same.

*Flame/Troll Shield*

how are you living???

Far away from you, I hope.
---
Meh.
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#1203 Posted: 21:27:41 26/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
*Flame/Troll Shield*

Pffffft... Yeah, ok. Sure, you do you!

It's not called "Unpopular Opinions" for nothing.
---
Meh.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1204 Posted: 21:40:48 26/05/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Chompy-King257

I agree.

Same, same, same.

*Flame/Troll Shield*

how are you living???

Far away from you, I hope.

apply water to burn
---
My life is complete.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#1205 Posted: 21:41:28 26/05/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Angry Birds Movie > The Lego Movie

Ha! You're wrong, but that's ok...

I don't HATE the Lego Movie, it's just not one of my personal favorites, I like the AB movie a little more.

Also, it's called an Unpopular Opinion on purpose.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:02:24 26/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#1206 Posted: 21:44:16 26/05/2016
Quote: LevanJess
Quote: Bolt
I hate shipping characters together.

Same. I just don't get what makes people so adamant about shipping certain characters together (especially crack ships), other than "they're just cute together." I don't feel it, whatever it is, lol. I'm usually fine with whatever is canon, unless I really like one of the characters and dislike the other in the relationship (*cough* Steve Urkel and Laura *cough*).

Sorry for double-posting, but I agree with you on the shipping thing. I LOATHE the Ash/Serena couple.

Why? I like Serena. I hate Ash.

Nuff said.
---
smiliesmilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1207 Posted: 22:31:42 26/05/2016
I like both Alice movies...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1208 Posted: 01:22:23 27/05/2016
Quote: LevanJess
Quote: Bolt
I hate shipping characters together.

Same. I just don't get what makes people so adamant about shipping certain characters together (especially crack ships), other than "they're just cute together." I don't feel it, whatever it is, lol. I'm usually fine with whatever is canon, unless I really like one of the characters and dislike the other in the relationship (*cough* Steve Urkel and Laura *cough*).

Sorry for double-posting, but I agree with you on the shipping thing. I LOATHE the Ash/Serena couple.

Why? I like Serena. I hate Ash.

Nuff said.

Oh, for me it isn't exactly the pairings I hate. It's just the fact that everyone insists on making ships and they get so caught up in them that often they completely disregard the story and focus entirely on all the pairings. Ugh.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1209 Posted: 05:27:25 27/05/2016
Kind of a regular opinion. It isn't unpopular, and it isn't really "popular" either, just one I wanna rant about. Spoilers for Steve Rogers: Captain America #1:

Making Cap a sleeper Hydra agent all along isn't just ruining his 75 year history, but its also extremely lazy storytelling. Realistically, Cap would NEVER be Hydra. That whole reveal was throwing nearly a century of heroism out the window for one stupid panel of shock value. The rest of the arc better be that its some alternate universe version of Cap or he's being mind controlled or SOMETHING, but if this is the Steve Rogers we're going to have going forward, I have no interest in it.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1210 Posted: 09:55:44 28/05/2016
I hate maleficient movie.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#1211 Posted: 11:24:25 28/05/2016
It is a very dumb movie, but I think it nailed the visuals better than a lot of movies. Would've been very easy to fall on the LoTR couch and be lazy but they went for something a little more iconic for themselves. Doesn't excuse the apologetic story but it's still fun in the siimplest sense of the word.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1212 Posted: 22:36:37 28/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I haven't really dipped my toes in it since... Like... November last year, but from what I've seen of the Undertale fandom I kinda liked it. At least it seemed like it had a lot of good speculation and discussion, some fun fanworks and it does seem like it was a gold experience for a lot of people.
Has it gotten worse since then or something? Unless it has, I don't get what the big deal with it was, aside from it being everywhere before and the GameFAQs poll controversy.
And while I can see why a fandom being everywhere would bother people, I strongly disagree with that really being a reason for a fandom to be bad, so long as the content from the fandom isn't all one grating thing or offensive or something- I just see it as fans really appreciating something that ends up popular. And fandoms like that always settle down eventually. Also gee this view on fandoms isn't biased at all coming from the OG dS JoJo fan. smilie
As for the GameFAQs poll thing... I don't care about that poll anymore and didn't care much when it was happening, I just wanted to see GFAQs' reactions regardless of how the poll turned out. I don't think fandoms should band together to do that kind of thing for popularity polls, but in the end I never care about any of those popularity polls anyway so I don't think it's fair for me to talk about it. For lack of a better term. It's 6 am and I haven't slept tonight give me a break. smilie

Oh, and I don't really care if YouTube gives me ****ty suggested videos/channels/ones I watched once by accident and left in under a minute, because for the most part those usually go away within about a week as long as I ignore them. But don't get me wrong, YouTube's suggested video algorithims seem horribly biased towards big-name channels and could really use work, it just doesn't bother me anymore since I only visit YouTube for a small handful of reviewers/ranters and anime/game music anyway.

I strongly agree with this. I don't really see what is so bad about it. I've seen some really cool stuff from the fandom before.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#1213 Posted: 15:17:33 30/05/2016
the last chunk of Gravity Falls after Not What He Seems and A Tale of Two Stans was disappointing
#1214 Posted: 15:26:12 30/05/2016
OH, UNDERTALE. I knew I was missing something on my least favorites list a while back.
---
smiliesmilie
#1215 Posted: 18:38:37 30/05/2016
To be blunt here, I think what Mr Enter is doing with the worst theme songs countdown is kind of stupid. Unique, yes, but also stupid
---
smiliesmilie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1216 Posted: 19:34:54 30/05/2016
To be blunt here, I think what Mr Enter is doing with the worst theme songs countdown is kind of stupid. Unique, yes, but also stupid

^What's he doing that's so stupid? Just curious.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#1217 Posted: 22:05:27 30/05/2016
The FNAF and MLP fanbase is a far worse than the Undertale one.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1218 Posted: 22:01:10 31/05/2016
A one or (preferably) two child policy, on paper, without sexism, isn't an inherently bad or immoral idea for countries with absurdly high birth rates/population and/or limited resources.

I spoke with Samius about the subject of overpopulation not long ago (very interesting discussion that was unfortunately cut short). Overpopulation is, to me, one of the biggest problems facing the planet today, as many of the problems plaguing the world (starvation, dwindling resources, massive waste, etc) come from the need to support such an immense population that's growing at an alarming rate in some parts of the world. Apparently the birth rate on a global scale is declining, which I see as a positive, but in some parts of the world it's remaining at a rapid pace that makes things hard to support.

The best solution for everyone would be to reach out into the stars and colonize other bodies in the solar system (e.g. Mars and the Moon), but because a certain couple of superpowers decided space wasn't a worthwhile venture once a certain conflict of ideologies ended, space travel and colonization has been pushed back a few decades or centuries. So the next best solution is population control in countries with the highest birth rates.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while and I'm still forming an opinion, so it's very wildly subject to change and I'm more than willing to have a discussion with anyone here about it. I want to learn.

That said I'm aware part of the problem, particularly in hunger, is improper food distribution to first world countries that often throw away tons upon tons of perfectly edible food.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:03:56 31/05/2016 by CAV
#1219 Posted: 07:00:19 01/06/2016
Quote: CAV
A one or (preferably) two child policy, on paper, without sexism, isn't an inherently bad or immoral idea for countries with absurdly high birth rates/population and/or limited resources.

I spoke with Samius about the subject of overpopulation not long ago (very interesting discussion that was unfortunately cut short). Overpopulation is, to me, one of the biggest problems facing the planet today, as many of the problems plaguing the world (starvation, dwindling resources, massive waste, etc) come from the need to support such an immense population that's growing at an alarming rate in some parts of the world. Apparently the birth rate on a global scale is declining, which I see as a positive, but in some parts of the world it's remaining at a rapid pace that makes things hard to support.

The best solution for everyone would be to reach out into the stars and colonize other bodies in the solar system (e.g. Mars and the Moon), but because a certain couple of superpowers decided space wasn't a worthwhile venture once a certain conflict of ideologies ended, space travel and colonization has been pushed back a few decades or centuries. So the next best solution is population control in countries with the highest birth rates.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while and I'm still forming an opinion, so it's very wildly subject to change and I'm more than willing to have a discussion with anyone here about it. I want to learn.

That said I'm aware part of the problem, particularly in hunger, is improper food distribution to first world countries that often throw away tons upon tons of perfectly edible food.

I was just about to say that.
Lunar and Martian colonies when?
#1220 Posted: 10:03:06 01/06/2016
Linkara > Nostalgia Critic
He's my favorite reviewer, honestly...

Ah man... I haven't watched Linkara's videos in a loooong time. All Star Batman and Robin is still, to this day, the funniest series of videos he has ever done! That and Marville. Time to watch Linkara's stuff all day (in between Skylanders obviously)
#1221 Posted: 10:10:25 01/06/2016
Linkara > Nostalgia Critic
He's my favorite reviewer, honestly...

Ah man... I haven't watched Linkara's videos in a loooong time. All Star Batman and Robin is still, to this day, the funniest series of videos he has ever done! That and Marville. Time to watch Linkara's stuff all day (in between Skylanders obviously)

Never forget the almighty CROTCH PUNCH! smilie

Good lord, Rob Liefeld's art is trash. That Captain America one always gets me every time I look it up.
#1222 Posted: 16:02:21 01/06/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

Sustainable colonies are probably at least a century away. Even if we double down on scientific research and organizations with the intended goal to colonize Mars or the Moon it'll probably happen after our lifetime unfortunately.

I would very much like to be wrong.
#1223 Posted: 16:18:34 01/06/2016

Sustainable colonies are probably at least a century away. Even if we double down on scientific research and organizations with the intended goal to colonize Mars or the Moon it'll probably happen after our lifetime unfortunately.

NASA is planning for a Martian Colony on the 2030s, so don't give up hope just yet.
#1224 Posted: 01:58:31 02/06/2016

NASA is planning for a Martian Colony on the 2030s, so don't give up hope just yet.

Interesting. I thought that was just to land on it, not colonize.
Bimle Ripto Gems: 135
#1225 Posted: 10:35:55 05/06/2016
I am a closeted bisexual male. And yet i cant accept that too much lifestyle because of god awful fetishes in the gay community and the psychological degenerated pressure in general
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#1226 Posted: 12:11:37 05/06/2016
Undertale is a good game, but it is SO overrated.
*holds up flame shield*
Don't hurt me..
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
sapphire Emerald Sparx Gems: 4822
#1227 Posted: 08:52:48 06/06/2016
Treasure Planet is my favorite Disney movie. smilie
---
Trust your instincts. ~Caithe
#1228 Posted: 19:59:11 06/06/2016
Elsa should have stayed a villain.

I actually think it would of been a really interesting way to end it if they did that. It would tell that fans that Disney movies don't always have a happy ending.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#1229 Posted: 20:14:41 06/06/2016
Dunno, it's one of those "kids should enjoy their innocence" thing, but maybe a bittersweet ending where Elsa can't forgive her town and leqves again. We did have Hunchback of Notre Dame showing you don't always get a girl even if your life gets better.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1230 Posted: 20:24:13 06/06/2016
We need to have a X-Men movie universe reboot in the same universe as Deadpool. I'm sick of having the focus of these films only be on Mystique, Beast and Xaiver. I am sick of the underuse of characters like Jubilee and Gambit. And I am especially sick of the ****ing black leather jackets! JUST MAKE THE X-MEN SUITS FOR GODS SAKE!
#1231 Posted: 17:14:02 07/06/2016
People always complain about representation in media, yet they support false representation just because some character has some trait they like, but turned up to 200%.

Dumbledore being gay isn't a good example. That was added after he died, was never referenced, and never part of his life. That was simply a throwaway line by Rowling to get more support, and I'm pretty sure it largely failed. Having characters that their main point of existence is they're "the gay one" or "the black one" or "the paraplegic one" isn't good representation either. A lot of writers do this, even if they think they're being representative of everyone, but in reality it's just an excuse for poor writing. When you boil a character down to their stereotypes, or build a character around them (i.e. Glee), you're just supporting that stereotype by having the character exist to fill that role.

A really good example of a character with good representation is the Pied Piper from the Flash. Sure, it'd be nice for an LGBT character to have a starring role, but this guy is perfectly written. The Pied Piper in the CW show is gay. He's mentioned it a few times, but he doesn't take every second of screen time forcefully reminding us that he's gay. Just like, you know, A REAL PERSON WHO'S GAY WOULD. It isn't his main reason for existing. It isn't shown at every opportunity. It's mentioned because it's part of his life, but it isn't his entire life. It's not his motivation for being evil, it's just something he is. Just like real life, it isn't the biggest part of him. It's there, but it isn't his biggest trait.
#1232 Posted: 18:08:42 07/06/2016
This soooooooooo MUCH! Pam from Archer is a good example of a well-written Bisexual character. She talks about screwing both genders, but that's not her entire character. That's just one aspect of her and isn't brought up to an annoying point.
#1233 Posted: 21:20:51 07/06/2016
People always complain about representation in media, yet they support false representation just because some character has some trait they like, but turned up to 200%.

Dumbledore being gay isn't a good example. That was added after he died, was never referenced, and never part of his life. That was simply a throwaway line by Rowling to get more support, and I'm pretty sure it largely failed. Having characters that their main point of existence is they're "the gay one" or "the black one" or "the paraplegic one" isn't good representation either. A lot of writers do this, even if they think they're being representative of everyone, but in reality it's just an excuse for poor writing. When you boil a character down to their stereotypes, or build a character around them (i.e. Glee), you're just supporting that stereotype by having the character exist to fill that role.

A really good example of a character with good representation is the Pied Piper from the Flash. Sure, it'd be nice for an LGBT character to have a starring role, but this guy is perfectly written. The Pied Piper in the CW show is gay. He's mentioned it a few times, but he doesn't take every second of screen time forcefully reminding us that he's gay. Just like, you know, A REAL PERSON WHO'S GAY WOULD. It isn't his main reason for existing. It isn't shown at every opportunity. It's mentioned because it's part of his life, but it isn't his entire life. It's not his motivation for being evil, it's just something he is. Just like real life, it isn't the biggest part of him. It's there, but it isn't his biggest trait.

SOOOO MUCH THIS.
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#1234 Posted: 16:29:16 08/06/2016
I really hate Sans and Papyrus from Undertale. I don't get how people can stand them. Every time I see one of them I internally cringe.
---
Wow
Such signature
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#1235 Posted: 17:01:24 08/06/2016
The cringe is real.
---
Wow
Such signature
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1236 Posted: 00:03:39 09/06/2016
-I hate playing dodgeball.

-I really liked Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It definitely wasn't perfect by any means but I still think it's pretty decent and is worth watching along with the first film. I also think Revenge of the Fallen is still significantly worse than Age of Extinction(A lot of people trashed AoE more than RotF).

-The nuke scene in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never bothered me.
---
Cool cool.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1237 Posted: 16:39:16 09/06/2016
idk if this is unpopular or not but i really really dislike melanie martinez and her song pacify her leaves a horrible taste in my mouth
#1238 Posted: 16:55:29 09/06/2016
Quote: Darby
idk if this is unpopular or not but i really really dislike melanie martinez and her song pacify her leaves a horrible taste in my mouth

i kinda like her, but i can only listen to like 3 of her songs, the rest i just dont care about it.

i agree, i don't like pacify her
---
#1239 Posted: 13:07:42 12/06/2016
Activision is overhated. I don't get all the hate towards Acti! They get tons of **** for making the same Call of Duty's and Skylanders every year, but tons of other companies do as well. This is not an attribute that can only apply to Acti. I do not get what everyone's problem is with this company!

At least they're not EA!
#1240 Posted: 13:10:05 12/06/2016
Activision is overhated. I don't get all the hate towards Acti! They get tons of **** for making the same Call of Duty's and Skylanders every year, but tons of other companies do as well. This is not an attribute that can only apply to Acti. I do not get what everyone's problem is with this company!

At least they're not EA!

Yeah, I agree with you on that. Most of the haters of Acti are salty and butt-hurt people that say they killed Spyro and will do the same for Crash.
---
First | Previous | Page 25 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me