Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1151 Posted: 22:49:47 02/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Skylanders Trap Team was much worse than Superchargers. I wasn't a big fan of the Racing, but at least I'm not forced to buy useless pieces of plastic that can't reset once you complete change the color scheme of cool villains. Most of those villains were reused as actual enemies in the game which sliiiiiiightly devalued the worth of these "villains". Don't even get me started on the Quests!

Nobody's forcing, it's just completion percentage. At least that gameplay was the same.

And the whole point of non-important villains is that theyre regular enemies. Playing as an original new guy is good but just as interesting is playing as a Chompy or something you'll see just as much during the game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1152 Posted: 23:35:54 02/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Skylanders Trap Team was much worse than Superchargers. I wasn't a big fan of the Racing, but at least I'm not forced to buy useless pieces of plastic that can't reset once you complete change the color scheme of cool villains. Most of those villains were reused as actual enemies in the game which sliiiiiiightly devalued the worth of these "villains". Don't even get me started on the Quests!

Nobody's forcing, it's just completion percentage. At least that gameplay was the same.

And the whole point of non-important villains is that theyre regular enemies. Playing as an original new guy is good but just as interesting is playing as a Chompy or something you'll see just as much during the game.

I guess. I just wish that they would at least differentiate them a little bit. It felt kinda cheap seeing a bunch of Tussle Sprouts being normal enemies when you JUST captured one to use.
#1153 Posted: 23:38:15 02/05/2016
I think the issue with that specifically was enemy placement. It's a lot more catharsis if you saw them before, and now you're controlling someone who probably gave you a lot of trouble. Bad Juju and Grave Clobber are perfect examples of this.
---
#1154 Posted: 00:21:49 03/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I think the issue with that specifically was enemy placement. It's a lot more catharsis if you saw them before, and now you're controlling someone who probably gave you a lot of trouble. Bad Juju and Grave Clobber are perfect examples of this.

True. There were a lot more solid reasons why I disliked Trap Team than that though. Ignoring the blatant money sink for a minute, I also dislike the Villain Quests as a whole. Some where just go up to a character and talk... That's not a quest. That's just talking to an NPC as a different character. And the reward was the worst thing ever. Ugly, stupid palette swaps that you cannot reset once you get them. They are forever burned into the NFC chip.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#1155 Posted: 00:37:14 03/05/2016
i liked the ending to homestuck
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1156 Posted: 23:33:39 05/05/2016
-A lot of people have been saying that Ben Affleck's Batman is the best on-screen Batman we've had yet, let alone the best part about Batman V. Superman....I don't see it. I mean he does a good job as Batman but I don't think he saved the whole movie, let alone should be the definitive Batman now.

-I liked the Robocop remake more than the original Robocop. Though that isn't saying much for me since I didn't really like either of them.

-Zoolander 2 was not as bad as people said it was.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:15 05/05/2016 by pankakesparx456
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3408
#1157 Posted: 11:32:34 14/05/2016
I took a listen to the Pokemon XYZ theme song, and it's not really as bad as you guys say it is, okay, it's not my FAVORITE theme song of the saga, but it's not my least favorite either

Also, what about the Peanuts movie from last year made it not one of my favorite Blue Sky Studios movies? Nothing in the film! I think it's a good movie, still captures the hearts like the other Peanuts shows, specials, and movies. The thing that separates it from my favorites is the fact that it is entirely a Peanuts special....for an hour and a half. That's not bad, except THIS IS BLUE SKY STUDIOS.

Ever heard of A Boy Named Charlie Brown? Snoopy Come Home? Those are other movies featuring Charlie Brown, Snoopy and them other nuts. People treat it like it's the first Peanuts movie on the big screen. Well, maybe for the GENERATION, yes, but ENTIRELY, nope.

I know everyone has their opinions, just want to bulldoze that out of the way!

Still like the Peanuts, just not one of my favorite BSS movies.

Thanks for understanding!
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:14 14/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1158 Posted: 22:11:56 20/05/2016
Everyone in The Breakfast Club is kind of an unlikable asshole and I honestly don't see why some people idolize these characters.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1159 Posted: 04:05:59 22/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Deadpool is not funny. When you read or see him at first you'll love him but you'll reliaze that he's just a one joke pony.
#1160 Posted: 05:25:39 22/05/2016
As sexual as I am, I don't think it's appropriate to wear shirts that say sexual things (i.e. "Live, Shoot, ****." or "Eat Vagina" in that stupid Coca-Cola font) out in public, especially places there are children, like grocery stores and movie theaters.
What you wear around the house is none of my business, but when you start exposing kids to that, that's when I draw the line. I don't care who you are, I don't care what sexual orientation you have, I don't think it's appropriate.
#1161 Posted: 11:54:15 22/05/2016
I like the fact that Kylo Ren is a little *****. It makes him much more interesting of a character than having him just be Darth Vader Part 2. Plus, his temper tantrums are funny smilie
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#1162 Posted: 00:15:39 23/05/2016
I'm over the Donald Trump hate. I'm almost positive he wouldn't make a good President (but who knows?), but he's definitely a clever businessman and has manipulated the media in such a way that I didn't know anyone could.

Being pretentious about a political opinions makes one just as bad as the people he or she is "against."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:05 23/05/2016 by Dragon Lover
#1163 Posted: 01:18:32 23/05/2016
The Weeknd's music is very repetitive and not too great imo.
#1164 Posted: 10:57:04 23/05/2016
Teen Titans Go can be funny at times. Not all the time, just some of the time. PPG is a more offensive reboot.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1165 Posted: 12:46:20 23/05/2016
AlphaOmegaSin is a douchebag. He claims everyone who doesn't like the new Ghostbusters is an 'SJW', which makes no sense as the film's being attacked for having an all-female cast as oppose to likely being unfunny as with most modern comedies and reboots.

AlphaOmegaSin, who gets way too much love, loves to open his mouth but never thinks before he speaks. At least MovieBob, who doesn't deserve the hate he gets, is very precise and on the point.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#1166 Posted: 13:49:22 23/05/2016
I think he's like Mr. Enter. It's good to hear to know his points, but you need to have an open mind because he's way too passionate and gets lost in his outrage. I can't believe it's in any way healthy to just lose your mind at every drama like that, though IRL he probably knows to let it go once it's done.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1167 Posted: 16:18:23 23/05/2016
Teen Titans Go can be funny at times. Not all the time, just some of the time. PPG is a more offensive reboot.

TTG is different enough to be its own thing.

Which is why a lot of people seem to like it over PPG
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1168 Posted: 21:02:05 24/05/2016
I can't stand Mario.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1169 Posted: 21:17:28 24/05/2016
I hate shipping characters together.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#1170 Posted: 00:13:37 25/05/2016
Quote: yelvy
I can't stand Mario.

SAME TBH
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1171 Posted: 00:17:55 25/05/2016
I don't really like that the live action Fullmetal Alchemist movie is going to be an all-Japanese cast.

Normally I'm against it when studios miscast characters who aren't of similar descent(The Last Airbender movie and Dragonball Evolution immediately come to mind), let alone when Hollywood tries to make a movie based on a manga or anime and barely casts Japanese actors, but it just doesn't make sense to me that Fullmetal Alchemist is getting a cast that is ENTIRELY Japanese. Most of FMA's influence came from European and Western tradition and culture, so it would make more sense to cast actors and actresses that have European/Western descent. Obviously some characters make sense to cast as Japanese, such as Mustang or Ling, since they're designed to look Asian, but I honestly can't see a Japanese actor pulling off Edward Elric, who is very clearly designed to look European and not Japanese. It's one of the reasons why the Attack on Titan live action films were so off-putting for people(besides just being bad movies): the whole cast was Japanese when Attack on Titan very evidently takes inspiration from Germany and Germanic culture.

The idea of a live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie thrills me, and I'll definitely find some way to see it once it eventually comes out. But the cast is very off-putting to me and I honestly think a live action FMA movie would fare better in Hollywood's hands if given to the right people and studios.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:09 25/05/2016 by pankakesparx456
#1172 Posted: 00:28:25 25/05/2016
Apparently I'm the only one who hates X-Men Evolution. Granted, I only watched half a season, but it's so painfully 90's that it hurts.
#1173 Posted: 01:04:25 25/05/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: RaymanTwilight
I can't stand Mario.

SAME TBH

The character or the video games?

For me, I find the games overrated, but I have nothing against the character. I actually like some of the Mario characters.

The game series is way overrated though, I don't care if people play them, but I think that there's other series that are wayyyyy more fun than Mario that deserve more popularity.
#1174 Posted: 16:40:24 25/05/2016

SAME TBH

The character or the video games?

For me, I find the games overrated, but I have nothing against the character. I actually like some of the Mario characters.

The game series is way overrated though, I don't care if people play them, but I think that there's other series that are wayyyyy more fun than Mario that deserve more popularity.

It's both for me.

The series is overrated, I'll give you that, but overrated =/= bad.

I don't understand why you "can't stand" it either. If a lot of people like it, there's probably a reason why. Why let what other people like bother you?

Hey, I was just sharing my unpopular opinion :3
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1175 Posted: 19:20:17 25/05/2016
Hey, I can't stand Mario either! XD
I think it's reasonable to not be able to stand him, considering he is the icon of pop gaming culture. I don't think it's that I'm bothered by what everyone likes, it's just that you can't go anywhere related to gaming and NOT see Mario. You see him everywhere. And it's kinda tiring for me, especially because the games ... aren't exactly that great to me. >.<
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1176 Posted: 19:47:50 25/05/2016

And you're completely entitled to your opinion, but that wasn't my issue here.

My issue here was the wording of yours and RaymanTwilight's posts.
Saying "I can't stand" something implies more beyond just thinking that the thing you "can't stand" is overrated.

If either of you had simply said that you find Mario overrated, I would've agreed 100%.
But saying you "can't stand" it is idiotic because you're letting yourself get bothered by what other people like to the point of ridiculousness.
(I could understand if you couldn't stand a fandom, however)

So it's not your opinion that I have a problem with, it's just the wording of your opinion.
Something along the lines of "I find Mario as a character and franchise overrated, as there are games and series that are better imo" would've been better.

Okay, yeah, you're right. It should've been worded better.

I usually just get annoyed that Mario is simply everywhere, when I never even found the games that interesting. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
#1177 Posted: 19:56:25 25/05/2016

And you're completely entitled to your opinion, but that wasn't my issue here.

My issue here was the wording of yours and RaymanTwilight's posts.
Saying "I can't stand" something implies more beyond just thinking that the thing you "can't stand" is overrated.

If either of you had simply said that you find Mario overrated, I would've agreed 100%.
But saying you "can't stand" it is idiotic because you're letting yourself get bothered by what other people like to the point of ridiculousness.
(I could understand if you couldn't stand a fandom, however)

So it's not your opinion that I have a problem with, it's just the wording of your opinion.
Something along the lines of "I find Mario as a character and franchise overrated, as there are games and series that are better imo" would've been better.

Well, fair enough. I could've worded it better smilie

But I have the same problem as RaymanTwilight and Bolt - I think Mario, as a character and a franchise, is overrated. I wouldn't mind as much if he wasn't such an icon, but I can't seem to be able to get away from him. It's also because I dislike his design.

And this started as such a throwaway comment! I never expected people to respond/agree haha smilie
#1178 Posted: 20:25:07 25/05/2016
You make a good point - Mario does seem to be consistent. I've only played Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros (DS) and Mario kart/Mario kart 7 (On DS/Wii) but they were all pretty good. Just not my thing.

Saying that, I don't think Spyro ever got that bad. I haven't played ETD, but from gameplay videos I've watched it looks alright (Looks like I'm blissfully unaware to whatever other problems there were :3). Shadow Legacy wasn't exactly a masterpiece, though.

(Eek - looks like I'm really off topic now, so I guess I'll throw another unpopular opinion into the mix!)

All these superhero films really drag me down. I feel like I want to be a fan of the MCU, but I feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of films that are always upcoming/being released. I want to like it, but the action scenes are just too much for me :/
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1179 Posted: 20:44:35 25/05/2016
Putting my opinion about it:

I personally really like the Mario franchise in general, but I can understand why people don't like him. Tough, about being generic, I can understand why some people feel like that, but I feel that some people feel that the series is generic because, well, Mario is the most basic form of platform game (or even video game) in general, so that's quite understandable.

About Crash and Spyro, I've played very few of Spyro for now (why I am on this forum I don't know), so I can't say, but the Crash main series is definitely less consistent than Mario. I consider all of the main Mario games that I've played at least good, while I really like all of the Crash main games (I have not played the original trilogy, tough), despite knowing that Wrath of Cortex and Titans are somewhat very mediocre games.
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1180 Posted: 22:03:16 25/05/2016
I grew up with some of the classic Mario games, so Mario is a character I really like. In fact, my favorite videogame is Super Mario Galaxy.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#1181 Posted: 06:16:18 26/05/2016
3D Mario games (64/Sunshine/Galaxy/3D World) > Classic/2D Mario games and NSMB
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3408
#1182 Posted: 18:48:35 26/05/2016
Angry Birds Movie > The Lego Movie
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1183 Posted: 19:12:27 26/05/2016
Quote: Bolt
I hate shipping characters together.

Same. I just don't get what makes people so adamant about shipping certain characters together (especially crack ships), other than "they're just cute together." I don't feel it, whatever it is, lol. I'm usually fine with whatever is canon, unless I really like one of the characters and dislike the other in the relationship (*cough* Steve Urkel and Laura *cough*).

Buuut most of the shows I watch have little to no romance in them since I'm not really into romance. I'm more into horror and action and I dislike it when romance gets in the way of action too much. So it makes sense if I'm not into shipping.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:44 26/05/2016 by LevanJess
#1184 Posted: 19:42:22 26/05/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Angry Birds Movie > The Lego Movie

Ha! You're wrong, but that's ok...

-----

Skylanders Battlecast is better than Hearthstone because it is a LOT easier to get into and you can get free cards real easily. Plus, the animations are BEAUTIFUL!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1185 Posted: 20:06:12 26/05/2016
Quote: alicecarp
3D Mario games (64/Sunshine/Galaxy/3D World) > Classic/2D Mario games and NSMB

I agree.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#1186 Posted: 21:09:38 26/05/2016
*Flame/Troll Shield*

Sonic 06 > Colors, Generations, Lost World & Boom
---
Meh.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me