Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 21 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#1001 Posted: 01:15:45 19/03/2016
Puppets are actually a lot more appealing than animated creatures in live action movies.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10216
#1002 Posted: 04:55:11 19/03/2016
Viral pet videos are boring. They are simply not interesting enough to keep me invested in them. There are some pet animals doing their stuff and I should give them reaction of meaning... I just cannot do that. Yes your pet does different sounds, physical positions and whatnot but it does not interest me at all. So stop advertising their feats as miracles and realize that they are just random things those animals do without any purpose and meaning to their own lives whatsoever and get on with your attention-seeking internet existences.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3419
#1003 Posted: 15:44:46 19/03/2016
Quote: yelvy
^ Eh... I think I've just about had enough with the talking animals haha smilie I wanna see Zootopia but Sing, SLOP and Collision course seem to me to be those forgettable films you only see once.

Says the guy with a Lion Guard avatar. Oh, wait, is that the joke?

Also, sorry to bring this up again, but even though I am not the biggest Gravity Falls or Star VS The Forces of Evil, I DO like Ludo and Bill Cipher! They are pretty awesome villains. Maybe I can include them in my crossover!
---
My Magical Marauders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1004 Posted: 17:01:08 19/03/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
^ Eh... I think I've just about had enough with the talking animals haha smilie I wanna see Zootopia but Sing, SLOP and Collision course seem to me to be those forgettable films you only see once.

It is the joke! Hehe smilie But in all honesty I'm really not interested in Sing (Copycat of Zootopia, come on...) and Collision course (Haven't we had enough ice age films already?)
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3419
#1005 Posted: 17:56:13 19/03/2016

It is the joke! Hehe smilie But in all honesty I'm really not interested in Sing (Copycat of Zootopia, come on...) and Collision course (Haven't we had enough ice age films already?)

CC feels like Ice Age's final chapter!
---
My Magical Marauders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie
#1006 Posted: 18:01:53 19/03/2016

CC feels like Ice Age's final chapter!

And so did Continental drift... And Dawn of the Dinosaurs.... smilie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1007 Posted: 18:02:01 19/03/2016
I don't get why people are against hunting. I guess I grew up living in a hunting community, but I've never really gotten why people are so against it. It's like, I guess it's because their animals and you don't want to eat them because their cute or something. Don't get me wrong, I think deer are cute too. Hell I love animals. But if I'm in the apocalypse and killing a deer is what's standing between me and a good meal, I'm probably gonna kill the deer.

"They do it sport."
Have you ever been hunting? A lot of people I know eat the animal after they've killed it, yeah it might seem like a cruel sport, but they utilize what the animal has to offer. Not only this, it has a limit, you can only kill one deer in season. Now people in groups can have their own licenses and you can hunt in a group, but every person in that group is only supposed to kill one Hell, you can't even kill a doe without a doe tag.

"It's morally wrong."
..Er...There's a lot of confusion when it comes animals and humans. Killing a human is way worse than killing an animal. Why? Animals aren't that sentient. Now specifically talking about deer here. Deer don't mate for life, so they don't have a sense of family relationships. So if a buck dies, its not going to be missed. I know it's a harsh reality, but it's the truth.
If you kill human, humans have that sense of family, friendship and love. Human's will miss the person that was taken from them. The way deer see it, if the buck is gone, it's one less buck to compete with during mating season.

"Well, I just don't like it."
That's fine. I don't have the mental stability to kill anything. But not liking it isn't a reason to tell other people not to do it. Let people do what they want, even if you don't agree.

Sorry about this, it just kinda rubs me the wrong way when I see people say that we should ban hunting b/c of they don't like it or something. It's fine if you disagree, I don't really care that much. I just wanted this off my chest. Basically, it's your opinion and I'll respect it.

a bit of a vent about people being against hunting.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#1008 Posted: 18:14:23 19/03/2016
^ (Not wanting to argue but...)
I think the reason people think "They do it for sport" is that they are not killing the animal to survive, even if they eat it afterwards. Killing it isn't necessary - you already had food.
#1009 Posted: 18:16:59 19/03/2016
I think the reason people think "They do it for sport" is that they are not killing the animal to survive, even if they eat it afterwards. Killing it isn't necessary - you already had food.

Yeah, that's true. It's not as relevant as it used to be. I can't really argue with it. But still, I don't think that's enough to outlaw it completely.

It's what you think, and I respect that. Sorry if I come off as condescending. I know I can be, and I'm trying my best not to sound like it. ^^'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:12 19/03/2016 by parisruelz12
#1010 Posted: 18:20:52 19/03/2016
Not at all! You sound fine, haha smilie I'm sorry - I just have strong opinions!
#1011 Posted: 18:23:14 19/03/2016
Not at all! You sound fine, haha :) I'm sorry - I just have strong opinions!

It's fine if you do. It's what makes us human. ^^
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#1012 Posted: 20:03:49 19/03/2016
I guess the problem is that they're lumped with the ones that do for the heck of it or do it wrong and disrupt the local fauna.

Never had a problem with hunting for sport as long as it's properly regulated,but the average joe thinks they're those villains from cartoons that kill deer left and right because it's funny,since that's the first impression. Same thing with people that do graffiti art and many other jobs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1013 Posted: 22:07:12 19/03/2016

Hunting is VERY humane compared to the way animals are treated in slaughterhouses.

If we got rid of huge agribusiness corporations that produce processed meat and went back to either (independently) farming or hunting for meat, so many things would improve.
#1014 Posted: 22:11:59 19/03/2016
I think my point was that they are still killing for the sake of it - even if they eat it afterwards.

But I agree, I can hardly complain about hunting when animals are being abused and killed horribly in slaughterhouses all over the world. I don't expect everybody to become vegetarian, but surely something must be done about these terrible conditions.

EDIT: I'm not a vegetarian btw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:54 19/03/2016 by yelvy
#1015 Posted: 22:19:19 19/03/2016
I think my point was that they are still killing for the sake of it - even if they eat it afterwards.

But I agree, I can hardly complain about hunting when animals are being abused and killed horribly in slaughterhouses all over the world. I don't expect everybody to become vegetarian, but surely something must be done about these terrible conditions.

Does a lion kill a zebra just for the sake of it, even though he eats it?
#1016 Posted: 22:21:29 19/03/2016
He's eating the zebra because he needs food to survive. What I meant with the hunting thing is that (In most cases) people kill animals even if they have food at home. Hence the word 'sport' is used. But really, I'm not disagreeing with you! smilie

EDIT: I think my signature covers this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:55 19/03/2016 by yelvy
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1017 Posted: 22:22:33 19/03/2016
Quote: Metallo

Does a lion kill a zebra just for the sake of it, even though he eats it?

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1018 Posted: 22:27:35 19/03/2016
He's eating the zebra because he needs food to survive. What I meant with the hunting thing is that (In most cases) people kill animals even if they have food at home. Hence the word 'sport' is used. But really, I'm not disagreeing with you! O_O

Ah, gotcha.
#1019 Posted: 22:33:17 19/03/2016
@Chompyking hehe smilie

^ Did you?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#1020 Posted: 23:53:23 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I kill flies for the sake of killing. :)
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#1021 Posted: 00:16:58 20/03/2016
Well'p, I've got a couple new unpopular opinions to share...

I don't understand the appeal of shipping in fandoms.

I don't know what's so appealing to people when they see two characters OR real life people in a romantic relationship together. I just don't understand it.

I don't find Human babies cute. I don't hate them or anything, it's just that when it comes to my personal preference in what is adorable and not, I'll go for puppies any day thank you \o/ \o/

I have no interest nor do I see whats so great about being in a relationship.

Politics are stupid and a waste of time.

As are "political views". I'm pretty sure that's what they're called.

It's the concept of calling yourself "Republican" or something else.

Yeah, that. Really stupid in my eyes.
(inb4 a trainwreck happens)

(nah just kidding you guys wouldnt kill me)

(would you?)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:20:13 20/03/2016 by cowpowa23
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1022 Posted: 00:22:26 20/03/2016
Quote: cowpowa23
Politics are stupid and a waste of time.

While I agree that many people discuss politics wrong, they're not a waste of time. They're very important to decide the future of everyone that lives in the said country.
---
Bruh
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1023 Posted: 15:56:47 21/03/2016
I don't think it's fair to compare Zootopia/ Sing/ Secret Life of Pets.

While they are all "talking animal movies" it doesn't men they have anything in common.

Zootopia is a buddy cop flick.

Sing is a take on American Idol.

And Secret Life of Pets is pets trying to find their way home.

Saying they're "Just a copy of Zootopia", is just like saying Zootopia is a cheap knock off of Disney's Robin Hood because both movies have cartoon animals in them and the leads are both foxes.

----------------------

But for my beautiful unpopular opinion: Finding Nemo is the worst Pixar movie I swear. And Finding Dory looks terrible.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#1024 Posted: 16:20:13 21/03/2016
After being forced to watch Finding Nemo for months every weekend(when parents wanted to show off their DVD player), I still find it pretty alright, but the plot seems to be left second in favor of jokes and fish stereotypes. Alright for the part, but there are non-sapient creatures like the anglerfish and the jellyfish or hive minds no reason given. The stinger is also a bit mean spirited even if the sequel will for sure just forget it went like that.

In any case, it's better than Shark Tale.
---
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#1025 Posted: 18:21:51 21/03/2016
Here's proof Undertale's fanbase is cancer.
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
#1026 Posted: 18:31:26 21/03/2016
Every fanbase is cancer.
---
#1027 Posted: 18:36:11 21/03/2016
Quote: OnionCakes
Every fanbase is cancer.

Pretty much. You can't possibly expect a fandom to be all nice people,same way you can't expect it to be all weirdos. People have different reasons to like/hate things and different ways of liking/hating them.
You just gotta find which side or smaller part of it you can stand.
---
#1028 Posted: 18:49:22 21/03/2016
Every fanbase is cancer.

Cancer is not a joke, i'm offended.
---
#1029 Posted: 18:58:04 21/03/2016
Quote: SuperSpyroFan55
Every fanbase is cancer.

Cancer is not a joke, i'm offended.

It's not a joke about cancer, its about fandoms beings jokes.
---
#1030 Posted: 19:04:37 21/03/2016
Jokes are not joke, i'm offended.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1031 Posted: 19:31:06 21/03/2016
I hate the smell inside a new car. It always makes me feel sick to my stomach because it's so strong and sharp.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1032 Posted: 19:31:55 21/03/2016
I just hate people judging things too early...especially movies.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#1033 Posted: 19:53:36 21/03/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
I hate the smell inside a new car. It always makes me feel sick to my stomach because it's so strong and sharp.

When I was a kid, I actually felt travel sick because of the smell when we first rode in my dad's new car. It didn't help that it was a hot, sunny day.
#1034 Posted: 19:58:54 21/03/2016
The smell of tires always makes me sick in general, just gets worse combined with new car smell. I noticed I feel a lot worse when smelling burning plastic than other strong smells like perfume or fish, though this isn't an opinion at this point.

I prefer regular liches to Dracoliches. Dragons are cool and all but most of those are just boring bones and glowing eyes, lich wizards allow for endless variety.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1035 Posted: 19:59:23 21/03/2016
Quote: SuperSpyroFan55
Here's proof Undertale's fanbase is cancer.

What? I don't get it, I actually thought this was good ????
---
My life is complete.
#1036 Posted: 20:22:51 21/03/2016
Finding Dory. After watching the trailer a few times, I realized that the ocean doesn't look as colorful. Finding Nemo came out in 2003, and I think it's one of the best looking Pixar films. Because of this, it's really making me question if Pixar wants to make quality movies anymore. Inside Out was boring as tar and the story was predictable at every turn. Cars 2 was just ****ing awful. (Yes I know it wasn't done by Pixar themselves.) Monsters University was okay. I really only enjoy it because I love Monsters Inc. so much. I have yet to see the Good Dinosaur, but since it wasn't that talked about, I'm going to assume it falls on the "it's okay" spectrum of Pixar Films. Brave was just bad in my opinion. What I'm saying is that I feel like Pixar is really only in it for the money, not quality films. This is only a guess based off the fact that they have one original film coming out in the years between now and 2019.

Back to my original statement. Finding Dory looks like ****. They're probably going to throw in that whale friend of Dory's about 20 minutes in the film, and then we'll see her like twice the rest of the movie. Finding Dory will probably end with her finding her parents, but she ultimately stays with Marlin and Nemo b/c moral. This is a judgement based on a trailer, but I'll be genuinely surprised if it does manage to blow me away.

Some things that irk me about the Finding Dory trailer
-Nemo sounds way off, almost unrecognizable.
-Mr Ray sounds a little off.
-Crush also sounds off, but eh?

just my two cents.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1037 Posted: 20:45:48 21/03/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
Finding Dory. After watching the trailer a few times, I realized that the ocean doesn't look as colorful. Finding Nemo came out in 2003, and I think it's one of the best looking Pixar films. Because of this, it's really making me question if Pixar wants to make quality movies anymore. Inside Out was boring as tar and the story was predictable at every turn. Cars 2 was just ****ing awful. (Yes I know it wasn't done by Pixar themselves.) Monsters University was okay. I really only enjoy it because I love Monsters Inc. so much. I have yet to see the Good Dinosaur, but since it wasn't that talked about, I'm going to assume it falls on the "it's okay" spectrum of Pixar Films. Brave was just bad in my opinion. What I'm saying is that I feel like Pixar is really only in it for the money, not quality films. This is only a guess based off the fact that they have one original film coming out in the years between now and 2019.

Back to my original statement. Finding Dory looks like ****. They're probably going to throw in that whale friend of Dory's about 20 minutes in the film, and then we'll see her like twice the rest of the movie. Finding Dory will probably end with her finding her parents, but she ultimately stays with Marlin and Nemo b/c moral. This is a judgement based on a trailer, but I'll be genuinely surprised if it does manage to blow me away.

just my two cents.

I agree
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1038 Posted: 21:41:44 21/03/2016
He's eating the zebra because he needs food to survive. What I meant with the hunting thing is that (In most cases) people kill animals even if they have food at home. Hence the word 'sport' is used. But really, I'm not disagreeing with you! smilie

EDIT: I think my signature covers this.

but i mean like.. who cares?
like metallo said, the way animals are treated in factories and slaughterhouses are usually way worse than most hunters, and as long as they're not going on some murderous killing spree and only hunting the animals they're allowed to within the limit set for them.. whats the problem?

i've never hunted in my life and never will but whatever
#1039 Posted: 21:45:31 21/03/2016

Just gonna put this here again.
#1040 Posted: 21:51:46 21/03/2016

Just gonna put this here again.

stop calling me shirley... smilie
#1041 Posted: 21:53:28 21/03/2016
What? Who's Shirley?
#1042 Posted: 21:57:00 21/03/2016
but surely something must be done about these terrible conditions.

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:18 21/03/2016 by Badwolfmichael
#1043 Posted: 21:58:39 21/03/2016
Sorry Shir- er... Badwolfmichael
#1044 Posted: 22:00:26 21/03/2016
thanks......
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#1045 Posted: 23:15:14 21/03/2016
Quote: parisruelz12

just my two cents.

Well, Nemo VA did grow up. Pixar got an entirely new VA.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1046 Posted: 00:09:31 22/03/2016
Still, it doesn't sound remotely like him at all.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1047 Posted: 18:41:53 22/03/2016
Gotham is the worst Batman adaptation, and one of the worst shows on TV right now.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#1048 Posted: 04:57:05 23/03/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
Gotham is the worst Batman adaptation, and one of the worst shows on TV right now.

To be honest it didn't interest me one bit when it was announced. I felt like it was going to be full of references I wouldn't understand unless I've read the better half of the original comics and not an enjoyable watch for casual fans.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1049 Posted: 05:28:33 23/03/2016
Quote: Seiki
Quote: StriderSwag

To be honest it didn't interest me one bit when it was announced. I felt like it was going to be full of references I wouldn't understand unless I've read the better half of the original comics and not an enjoyable watch for casual fans.

That's exactly what is now, imo.
Plus, all the villains are almost 30 or so, while Bruce Wayne looks like he's ****ing 6. Batman will have no problem fighting these aging villains, then putting them back in Arkham Retirement Home.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1050 Posted: 13:23:39 23/03/2016
I don't get why people keep labeling Zootopia as a "furry movie." Maybe it's because of the time it came out, but Disney making entertainment based around anthropomorphic animals isn't anything new, so I don't get why all of a sudden people are putting Zootopia in that position when this is something Disney has done for a long time now.
---
Cool cool.
First | Previous | Page 21 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me