Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 16 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#751 Posted: 20:21:20 23/12/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
batman vs superman also has a runtime of over 151 MINUTES.

that's far too long for a superhero movie imo.

Keep in mind that the film is

• Showing how the world views Superman after the events of Man of Steel
  • Introducing Batman and establishing why he may have a vendetta against Superman
  • Tying events from the first film together and kind of fixing and improving it
  • Establishing Lex Luthor
  • Establishing Wonder Woman
  • Introducing Doomsday
  • Having Superman and Batman have their big punch out while also planting the seeds for what will become the Justice League, which will be the main players of the DCCU (a la Avengers)

• There's a lot the film has to do and honestly even 151 minutes may not be enough time to do all of that in good detail hence why they maybe should've waited for a solo Batman film first.
    Also Doomsday is coming way too soon.

Still hyped tho.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:08 23/12/2015 by CAV
    Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
    #752 Posted: 20:39:35 23/12/2015
    If it screws up in two or more than one of those things,though,the whole thing has the potential to fall flat. They're trying to be Marvel Cinematic Universe but kinda skipped the step of developing more than just a handful of characters elsewhere first, which puts them easily on thin ice in the writing regard..
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:40:08 23/12/2015 by Bifrost
    StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
    #753 Posted: 08:20:08 24/12/2015
    Mr. Robot is an okay show, but severely overrated.

The same goes for Fight Club. Okay movie, way overrated.
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
    #754 Posted: 16:44:30 24/12/2015
    Star vs the forces of evil is a piece of crap
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    #755 Posted: 17:10:00 25/12/2015
    The only good Christmas song is "Feliz Navidad".
    Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
    #756 Posted: 02:09:48 26/12/2015
    steven universe really needs full runtime episodes instead of 1/2 runtime episodes because the pacing is bad
    #757 Posted: 07:02:44 26/12/2015
    After seeing Iron Man 3 for actually only the second time, it's probably one of my favorite Marvel movies, the best Iron Man movie, and it definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I understand the disdain for the Mandarin being Killian, and I understand that the villain wasn't developed, but I thought it had a lot more strengths than weaknesses.

First off, people say it was bad because Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man much in the film, but that's really the point of the whole movie. Tony Stark is a genius, and IM3 showed off how he uses his intellect outside of building Iron Man suits. He can be a hero without the suit, and that's one of the things that makes the movie so good. This is actually reiterated by Tony himself at the end of the film, when he states: "You can take away my house, you can take away my fancy suits, but I am Iron Man."

Second off, a lot of people say it wasn't "realistic", especially when he saves 14 falling Air Force One crewmembers, but that's not what the point of the Marvel movies are. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has a specific brand of "superhero action-comedy". This was developed in the original Iron Man, but is best showcased in films like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. When you go for that lighthearted tone, you can't have the heroes be brooding all the time, they always look for the best possible course of action. I personally like the hopeful and positive vibes put out by the MCU and the Flash on CW, and not the sullen, dramatic stuff like the Nolan Batman films or the Arrow TV show. And based on the MCU's successes, it seems like the average moviegoer agrees with me.
    pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
    #758 Posted: 15:39:15 26/12/2015
    Quote: StriderSwag
    After seeing Iron Man 3 for actually only the second time, it's probably one of my favorite Marvel movies, the best Iron Man movie, and it definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I understand the disdain for the Mandarin being Killian, and I understand that the villain wasn't developed, but I thought it had a lot more strengths than weaknesses.

First off, people say it was bad because Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man much in the film, but that's really the point of the whole movie. Tony Stark is a genius, and IM3 showed off how he uses his intellect outside of building Iron Man suits. He can be a hero without the suit, and that's one of the things that makes the movie so good. This is actually reiterated by Tony himself at the end of the film, when he states: "You can take away my house, you can take away my fancy suits, but I am Iron Man."

Second off, a lot of people say it wasn't "realistic", especially when he saves 14 falling Air Force One crewmembers, but that's not what the point of the Marvel movies are. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has a specific brand of "superhero action-comedy". This was developed in the original Iron Man, but is best showcased in films like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. When you go for that lighthearted tone, you can't have the heroes be brooding all the time, they always look for the best possible course of action. I personally like the hopeful and positive vibes put out by the MCU and the Flash on CW, and not the sullen, dramatic stuff like the Nolan Batman films or the Arrow TV show. And based on the MCU's successes, it seems like the average moviegoer agrees with me.

agreed. though the first Iron Man is still my favorite of the three.

and speaking of the Nolan Batman films, Batman Begins is my favorite Batman movie.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
    #759 Posted: 05:48:17 27/12/2015
    I don't think Iron Man 3 deserves all the hate it gets, but I really dislike the ending, what was the point? He's back to normal in AOU, almost as if it never happened, and I don't understand why he couldn't have summoned all the suits earlier. The movie was supposed to be about Tony's inner struggles, yet it gives a really underwhelming solution. I really hope I'm missing something because I like the film other than that, and I do like the fake Mandarin.

- - -

I acknowledge all of Star Wars Battlefronts faults, and wish it had more content, but I still love the game and play it more than most of my other games.
    #760 Posted: 06:08:42 27/12/2015
    Quote: Badwolfmichael
    I don't think Iron Man 3 deserves all the hate it gets, but I really dislike the ending, what was the point? He's back to normal in AOU, almost as if it never happened, and I don't understand why he couldn't have summoned all the suits earlier. The movie was supposed to be about Tony's inner struggles, yet it gives a really underwhelming solution. I really hope I'm missing something because I like the film other than that, and I do like the fake Mandarin.

- - -

I acknowledge all of Star Wars Battlefronts faults, and wish it had more content, but I still love the game and play it more than most of my other games.

I'm gonna respond to both of these.

- - -

I think the fault is mostly in the writing of AoU.Everyone applauded Age of Ultron for being good, but in all honesty, after several viewings, I'm underwhelmed. It just wasn't written very well, and is really forgettable to me.

Tony couldn't summon all the suits earlier for a few reasons. If one of the battles you think he should have used them in was the attack on his mansion, you have to keep in mind that the House Party Protocol was for extreme emergencies. This was really only three helicopters, and he had a suit. In the finale, he had no suit, no ammo in his gun, an equally suitless Rhodey, and tons of Extremis enhanced soldiers, along with Killian. That's not something he can fight without a lot of backup, he could barely take 2 Extremis soldiers without a suit back in Tennessee, let alone as many as there were on the Roxxon ship. The Iron Legion also took a little while to get there since they come out of one exit, that exit was covered with rubble, and the action was taking place all the way across the country. If you remember in the scene where he was captured in Florida by Killian, it still took the Mark 42 a little while to get there from Tennessee, let alone half the country.

I do think the ending, not the climactic sequences, of IM3 was underwhelming, with the removal of his Arc Reactor. It just felt like a big cop out to me.

- - -

I definitely agree with you, and it's still a very good game, but they lost me when they said there wasn't going to be any content from anything outside the Original Trilogy.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:12:45 27/12/2015 by StriderSwag
    DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
    #761 Posted: 07:31:31 27/12/2015
    i've never cared for star wars or lord of the rings

and i've never watched ether.

don't plan to ether
    ---
    a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:50:48 29/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
    #762 Posted: 05:35:40 30/12/2015
    The only good Christmas song is "Feliz Navidad".

Don't know if you've heard this one, but please listen.

If you're opinion still stands, so be it. Just one I'm quite fond of.

Also Snoopy's Christmas
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
    #763 Posted: 05:44:16 30/12/2015
    Quote: Carmelita Fox
    steven universe really needs full runtime episodes instead of 1/2 runtime episodes because the pacing is bad

i adore the show and this is something i could agree one.

episodes that would have been absolute masterpieces get split up into multiple episodes (sometimes the wait between them is stretched out by unnecessary hiatuses) and the pacing can end up wonky and disjointed.
    ---
    the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
    #764 Posted: 07:29:51 30/12/2015
    daffy > bugs
    ---
    Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #765 Posted: 22:56:43 30/12/2015
    Daffy > Bugs
    Donald > Mickey Mouse
    Rats > Mice
    Qui Gon Jinn > Every other Jedi
    Waluigi > Wario
    Back To The Future > Jurassic Park
    Plants VS Zombies > Angry Birds
    Grunkle Stan > Grunkle Ford
    Thanksgiving > Christmas (I know, hate me all you want.)
    The Phantom Menace > A New Hope
    Mable Pines > Dipper Pines
    Gideon Gleeful > Pacifica

These are my most unpopular ones. These ought to get a conversation or two going!
    ---
    i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
    #766 Posted: 23:24:51 30/12/2015
    tom > jerry

i remember watching one episode were tom finally got the better ending, and i was cheering

EDIT: sylvester > tweety >>>>>>> the dog

i always hate the dog in these kind of shows. same with the dog in tom and jerry.

EDIT 2: I do prefer Road Runner over Coyote though, but even then I still wanted Coyote to get the Road Runner.
    ---
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:32:46 30/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
    #767 Posted: 23:30:09 30/12/2015
    Yosemite Sam is best Looney Tunes character
    Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #768 Posted: 23:33:35 30/12/2015
    Quote: DarkCynder_543
    tom > jerry

i remember watching one episode were tom finally got the better ending, and i was cheering

i always hate the dog in these kind of shows. same with the dog in tom and jerry.

Yes! I agree with you so hard for both of these opinions!
    ---
    i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
    #769 Posted: 23:33:45 30/12/2015
    i'm afraid the best looney character goes to daffy

EDIT: goddammit chompy

Quote: Chompy-King257
    tom > jerry

Yes! I agree with you so hard for both of these opinions!

i always find that a lot of the time, the cat gets picked on for no reason. the dog just hates on the cat even when they don't even do anything. i always wanted the dogs to get their ass kicked, preferably by the cats. sometimes tom doesn't do anything and it's jerry who becomes a nuisance and honestly deserves to get punished, but doesn't.
    ---
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:40:38 30/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    #770 Posted: 23:54:09 30/12/2015
    Spike hates on both Tom and Jerry equally if they do so much as look on him wrong,ESPECIALLY in newer seasons. That guy's the true jerk of the show. I always rooted for Tom as well but when Spike's on the line I just want anyone but him.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:33 30/12/2015 by Bifrost
    #771 Posted: 03:37:22 31/12/2015
    In the old shows, which are the only ones I've watched since Tom and Jerry is a childhood show of mine, I remember Spike not giving a dam about Jerry but being a huge jerk to Tom. But it was awhile ago, so I could be wrong.
    ---
    Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
    #772 Posted: 04:15:01 31/12/2015
    I'm not really a fan of Tom & Jerry. :/
    Not into Muppets either.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    #773 Posted: 09:45:00 31/12/2015
    tom and jerry and looney tunes were my childhood shows lol.

along with pingu
    ---
    #774 Posted: 19:49:45 01/01/2016
    I like Doctor Who, but.. Doctor Who is really overrated, especially the classic Who. It has aged terribly and for every truly amazing season there's 2 more slow and boring seasons.
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #775 Posted: 20:43:23 01/01/2016
    I like Doctor Who, but.. Doctor Who is really overrated, especially the classic Who. It has aged terribly and for every truly amazing season there's 2 more slow and boring seasons.

I totally agree about the classic Doctor Who part.
    ---
    Dead
    #776 Posted: 21:25:21 01/01/2016
    Quote: mega spyro

I totally agree about the classic Doctor Who part.

Though my favorite Doctor is the 3rd, very closely rivaled by 12. I like the new direction of Season 9 with 12, because honestly the show just went downhill with 11. It's more the plot's fault than the Doctor's, because 11 (Matt Smith) was one of the best actors of not only the Doctors, but also of the whole show. Unfortunately, good acting seems to have almost always been exclusive to The Doctor. I loved the idea of The Doctor's last incarnation being a sad old man, determined to make up for his past deeds by helping out everyone in need, but covers his depression with the 11th Doctor's trademark whimsical and funny personality. Season 5 and 6 were trash, which was sad because some of the 1 part episodes had some really intriguing backstories. Just when I was warming up to Amy and Rory in Season 7, they died, replaced with Clara, who I think is actually a really good companion.
    But Doctor Who just doesn't interest me as much as it did with the 9th and 10th Doctors, even though Season 9 is changing for the better.
    pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
    #777 Posted: 23:56:24 01/01/2016
    I find Rey to be a more interesting protagonist than Luke, and ESPECIALLY more interesting than Anakin. Also, I think Poe Dameron is the most underwhelming out of the three new protagonists for Star Wars.

While I prefer Jurassic Park over Jurassic World for reasons such as special effects, better direction, and better writing, there are some areas where I think World did better than Park. While the music in Park is excellent and iconic, I find myself enjoying World's soundtrack more, and I find it more memorable overall compared to Park's two iconic themes. I also think World had some better acting than in Park. While Park's acting wasn't bad by any means, i think the performances in World were overall slightly better.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #778 Posted: 02:50:02 02/01/2016
    gir is a trash character and i don't get why he was so popular

oh wait yeah i do. because he was so funny and randomz!!!

literally almost every character in the cast is better than gir.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:53 04/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
    ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
    #779 Posted: 04:06:56 04/01/2016
    Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow are very outdated and it's successors are drastically better.
    ---
    Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
    sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
    #780 Posted: 04:46:51 04/01/2016
    I wasn't hyped at all for Star Wars.

I would go see it if somebody invited me or something but unless it was for a special occasion, I wouldn't invite someone to go with me since I have no default interest in it.

I was big into Star Wars as a kid but I grew disinterested in it over time.
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    #781 Posted: 09:03:55 04/01/2016
    Steven Universe is just an okay show. Tumblr tends to way overhype anything that's politically correct (e.g. Steven Universe, Undertale, ect.), and that's kind of okay because we need more of that in media, but SU just isn't that great. It's a stepping stone for sure, but it isn't the amazing show everyone swears it to be.
    MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
    #782 Posted: 13:41:28 04/01/2016
    Steven Universe is just an okay show. Tumblr tends to way overhype anything that's politically correct (e.g. Steven Universe, Undertale, ect.), and that's kind of okay because we need more of that in media, but SU just isn't that great. It's a stepping stone for sure, but it isn't the amazing show everyone swears it to be.

Agreed.
    ---
    My life is complete.
    #783 Posted: 05:49:09 05/01/2016
    Citizen Kane is just about the most overrated film of all time. It's aged horribly, is extremely boring, and definitely isn't the "best film ever made". There are plenty of other movies that deserve that title, including On The Waterfront, but Citizen Kane does NOT deserve it.
    #784 Posted: 10:03:50 05/01/2016

I agree with the part about Steven Universe. There are better cartoons out there. And I don't really get why they're acting like Steven Universe is the only show with progression. We've had very old shows like Power Puff Girls, which had females as super heroes. And cartoons in the past have always had characters in it who aren't white. It's really only politically correct because of lesbian couples, and even then the gem stones are actually gender-less and can change their gender to whatever they want, and a lot of people mistake Ruby for a boy.

Also, I find it really annoying how Tumblr always ruins fandoms of anything that has progression and makes them a toxic wasteland. It has happened to Steven Universe, Undertale, and Homestuck's fanbase has recently become unbearable because the author decided to jump onto the SJW bandwagon (not that progression is a bad thing, and I honestly want more of it. It's just that I didn't like the way he did it). I know that Tumblr isn't the main source of the fanbase and places like Reddit are much more chilled, but the tumblr fans tend to be the loudest and spread everywhere and hence give the show and fanbase a bad reputation. Like for instance, an artist from the SU fandom recently nearly committed suicide because she had death threats from tumblr people for drawing Rose 'too skinny' and called her fat phobic. The creators of Steven Universe actually got angry about this and called out on the people who did this to the artist, and then the tumblr fans started attacking the creators. And the tumblr side of Undertale are now giving the game and fanbase a bad reputation too. And they'res also the fact that tumblr people are attacking anyone who gives a gender to the main character, because they've come to a conclusion that the main character is non-binary despite actually having an ambiguous gender and their opinion must be right or it's the highway. It's just terrible and really annoying how it only happens when fiction have progression.
    ---
    #785 Posted: 10:49:56 05/01/2016
    That tumblr's echo chamber only breeds toxicity is hardly unpopular and pretty much a fact. It's sad that unlike dA or reddit you have to switch followers every two months too, because if you start adding random people you don't know,eventually you find out they love to post social justice or witchhunts untagged and 9 times out of 10 unverified and they'll even start acting all high and mighty when they lose their followers because they're obviously ****lords and not just sick of fake progressive when they wanted art or funny gifs.
    As horrible of a feeling it is, kinda had a devious grin on my face when SO MANY were scammed when witchhunting the world's most obvious phishing site because it "stole" art(actually doing some weird coding stuff by using your Google Images tracking). If they won't learn the easy way that the world isn't a magic place where their feels lead their righteousness, gotta be the hard one.
    ---
    #786 Posted: 16:12:56 05/01/2016
    Tumblr is Hell on The Internet.
    ---
    #787 Posted: 16:31:47 05/01/2016
    I wish there was a similar interface but more heavily moderated. I know being social media you can't really control it,but just having a means of reporting with very well laid out limits(ESPECIALLY on witchhunts) that are quickly answered could cut so much drama by the roots.

Guess that's an unpopular opinion of mine too; while I know too many mods/too strict rules easily destroy a community, I prefer regularly modded to hands-off - forums, games,whatever. You can trust only so many regular users until they reveal to be/a new jerk comes in to end everyone's fun but you have to treat them all the same.
    ---
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:32:32 05/01/2016 by Bifrost
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #788 Posted: 21:22:06 05/01/2016
    I don't really like to use the word overrated. It feels wrong. It's like you saying that people should not like something in a certain level because you don't like that thing like the majority of people. I prefer just saying "I don't liked it".
    ---
    Bruh
    #789 Posted: 23:43:02 05/01/2016
    Quote: Bifrost
    That tumblr's echo chamber only breeds toxicity is hardly unpopular and pretty much a fact. It's sad that unlike dA or reddit you have to switch followers every two months too, because if you start adding random people you don't know,eventually you find out they love to post social justice or witchhunts untagged and 9 times out of 10 unverified and they'll even start acting all high and mighty when they lose their followers because they're obviously ****lords and not just sick of fake progressive when they wanted art or funny gifs.
    As horrible of a feeling it is, kinda had a devious grin on my face when SO MANY were scammed when witchhunting the world's most obvious phishing site because it "stole" art(actually doing some weird coding stuff by using your Google Images tracking). If they won't learn the easy way that the world isn't a magic place where their feels lead their righteousness, gotta be the hard one.

Urh I feel so so much there. There was one time my dash was clogged with social justice stuff because I followed Homestuck fans, and unfortunately a lot of them are also now SJW extremist, so I had to unfollow a lot of people because I don't want to use tumblr for serious issues in the world. I go on there just to talk about shows and games I'm interested in and see other people's opinions and art on them. My dash isn't as bad now, but it's now clogged with Undertale, but it's better than what it used to be. xD

It's also very hard for me to not get Steven Universe stuff on my dash, which is annoying because I don't even watch the show. At least Undertale is one of my favourite video games.
    ---
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
    #790 Posted: 03:55:02 06/01/2016
    21st Century Breakdown is my favorite Green Day album.

I don't understand why people freak out about Adele. She's a great singer and has good songs, but there doesn't really seem to be anything about her that really sticks out to me.
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
    #791 Posted: 04:16:01 06/01/2016
    I honest to god cannot stand Superman
    ---
    Twinkies and 2hus
    parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
    #792 Posted: 04:22:48 06/01/2016

Urh I feel so so much there. There was one time my dash was clogged with social justice stuff because I followed Homestuck fans, and unfortunately a lot of them are also now SJW extremist, so I had to unfollow a lot of people because I don't want to use tumblr for serious issues in the world. I go on there just to talk about shows and games I'm interested in and see other people's opinions and art on them. My dash isn't as bad now, but it's now clogged with Undertale, but it's better than what it used to be. xD

It's also very hard for me to not get Steven Universe stuff on my dash, which is annoying because I don't even watch the show. At least Undertale is one of my favourite video games.

If you have Chrome, I recommend Tumblr Savior. It can block certain words. I.E, if you don't want to see SJW stuff then just put SJW into your black list and there won't be any. It's pretty neat!
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...
    #793 Posted: 10:50:18 06/01/2016
    I do have that and recommended over here a few times,but some of them caught on and deliberately don't tag their posts properly so no one can miss their acts of righteousness.
    ---
    #794 Posted: 19:18:46 06/01/2016
    I hate Disney Infinity
    ---
    #795 Posted: 21:30:05 06/01/2016
    I do have that and recommended over here a few times,but some of them caught on and deliberately don't tag their posts properly so no one can miss their acts of righteousness.

I'm not sure how Tumblr Savior works, but have you tried Blacklist from New Xkit? With Blacklist, even if someone doesn't tag their post, if the post even just contains the blacklisted word it'll get blocked.
    ---
    Twinkies and 2hus
    #796 Posted: 21:47:27 06/01/2016
    Tumblr Savior only blocks tags, but haven't heard of Blacklist before, huh.
    ---
    #797 Posted: 23:01:48 06/01/2016
    Tumblr Savior only blocks tags, but haven't heard of Blacklist before, huh.

You have to get this browser extension thing called New Xkit. You should look into it, it also has a bunch of other things that you can use to make a better tumblr experience (imo).
    ---
    Twinkies and 2hus
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:16 06/01/2016 by Iceclaw
    First | Previous | Page 16 of 54 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me