Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 15 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#701 Posted: 14:51:32 14/12/2015
Not sure how unpopular this is, but I feel it unpopular and this seems the right place to rant about it.

I'm sick of all the "___ x Reader" fics I see on places like dA. I don't even try to look for fics on there and will see the front homepage covered in them. Or I will look at one written thing and all of the suggestions to the side are "____ x Reader" stories. I find it to be a terrible trend going on that takes away from a potentially good written work to try and allow a generic character in the form of the reader that doesn't make sense to exist in the universe it takes place in much less why the "character" exists in its own story. It seems like an idea someone came up with of trying to screw their fictional waifu/husbando and can't aside from writing out a terrible story of them doing so.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#702 Posted: 15:04:03 14/12/2015
Well, DIY Self Insert fic, all the problems of a first person version plus all the issues with immersion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#703 Posted: 16:13:59 14/12/2015
I'm not a fan of Harry Potter
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#704 Posted: 20:56:19 14/12/2015
Quote: Drawdler
I love being Rick Roll'd. Mainly because it's nostalgic rather than being a good meme, though.

Yeah, it's one of those 'oooh clever gurl' moments that are just a well done trick that doesn't really harm anyone. Can easily get misused or even overused though,especially during April's Fools. Having John Cena's theme be an alternate trick song helps some variety,too.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:56:54 14/12/2015 by Bifrost
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#705 Posted: 23:38:09 14/12/2015
very unpopular opinion here

i HATE people who use traumatic experiences as an excuse to act like a jerk to everyone, and they demand respect and kindness from people because "THEY WERE ABUSED!!".

look, if you were abused, im sorry, nobody deserves to be treated that way, but using the trauma as an excuse to act rude to people REALLY annoys me.

i go on tumblr way too much
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#706 Posted: 07:03:12 15/12/2015
Quote: RaymanTwilight
very unpopular opinion here

i HATE people who use traumatic experiences as an excuse to act like a jerk to everyone, and they demand respect and kindness from people because "THEY WERE ABUSED!!".

look, if you were abused, im sorry, nobody deserves to be treated that way, but using the trauma as an excuse to act rude to people REALLY annoys me.

i go on tumblr way too much

I agree with that.

Although I think people with mental illnesses have more of an excuse, since there's a good chance they don't even know what they're saying.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#707 Posted: 07:27:22 15/12/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
I don't care about Star Wars or Dr. Who.

[User Posted Image]

----------------------------

On the subject of Star Wars, the prequels are (for the most part) not nearly as bad as many fans try to make them sound. Phantom Menace is a boring and lackluster film at worst. Attack of the Clones is pretty bad (it's been years so I'll have to get back to you on it) but also isn't one of the worst crimes in filmmaking. And Revenge of the Sith is my favorite in the entire saga and its strengths well make up for its flaws.

Also I tried to get into KOTOR and I couldn't. I'll have to try again.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#708 Posted: 08:16:35 15/12/2015
Going to parties is exhausting and not really fun

Quote: DarkCynder_543
Although I think people with mental illnesses have more of an excuse, since there's a good chance they don't even know what they're saying.

It's usually either they don't realise that it's bad or just that they struggle to help/control it even if they tried.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#709 Posted: 12:01:34 15/12/2015
I agree with the last post the last page :U
---
My life is complete.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#710 Posted: 21:40:44 15/12/2015
I don't like tattoos.
I don't like piercings.
I don't like guys who dye their hair.
I don't like flamboyant guys either.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#711 Posted: 21:55:30 15/12/2015
On the subject of Star Wars, I stated a while back that I wasn't looking too forward to The Force Awakens. Now all of a sudden I'm anticipating it, and I think I know why.

I disliked the first few trailers because they didn't really give us much that was new. What I was really interested in was seeing the new characters and how they interacted. The previous trailers did show the characters, but they barely had any dialogue in them. And to me, it seemed like the first few trailers relied too much on nostalgia(Han saying to Chewie "We're home," etc).

I know it's usually how Abrams makes his trailers, but I honestly didn't really like it at first. I like more what they did with the marketing once the tickets went on sale, because that's when we started to know a bit more about the new characters.

With that said, I guess it's also unpopular that I'm looking forward to seeing the new characters in The Force Awakens rather than the original characters. Well, besides R2-D2.
---
Cool cool.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#712 Posted: 15:22:20 16/12/2015
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: CommanderGame
I don't like tattoos.
I don't like piercings.
I don't like guys who dye their hair.
I don't like flamboyant guys either.

What about girls who dye their hair? (or flamboyant girls for that matter)

This... my hair always has some sort of unnatural color in it. lol
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#713 Posted: 16:47:00 16/12/2015
Quote: CAV
On the subject of Star Wars, the prequels are (for the most part) not nearly as bad as many fans try to make them sound. Phantom Menace is a boring and lackluster film at worst. Attack of the Clones is pretty bad (it's been years so I'll have to get back to you on it) but also isn't one of the worst crimes in filmmaking. And Revenge of the Sith is my favorite in the entire saga and its strengths well make up for its flaws.

^This. The prequels were pretty okay, at least for the most part. While I liked Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith is my second favorite Star Wars film (right behind Empire Strikes Back), Phantom Menace is just lackluster. It doesn't really live up to the rest of them.

Quote: Iceclaw
Going to parties is exhausting and not really fun

Exactly.
#714 Posted: 17:13:49 16/12/2015
Oh another unpopularish opinion (though it's probably popular here) I think the massive massive amount of Star Wars marketing is getting overbearing and the fact that they're marketing and selling toys of characters we don't know yet and acting as if they're beloved characters from the very first few films is kinda baffling to me.

We're seeing Star Wars marketing on bags of oranges. On cases of bottled water. It's a bit much guys people are going to go see it even if you didn't market it.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#715 Posted: 17:29:52 16/12/2015
i suck

oh wait
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#716 Posted: 17:52:04 16/12/2015
Oh another unpopularish opinion (though it's probably popular here) I think the massive massive amount of Star Wars marketing is getting overbearing and the fact that they're marketing and selling toys of characters we don't know yet and acting as if they're beloved characters from the very first few films is kinda baffling to me.

We're seeing Star Wars marketing on bags of oranges. On cases of bottled water. It's a bit much guys people are going to go see it even if you didn't market it.

OKAY BUT
They did the exact same thing for Marvel and I'm loving my Avengers string cheese and my Yoda grapes.
God bless capitalism.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#717 Posted: 17:59:29 16/12/2015
I'm glad Bayonetta got in, and I'm okay with Corrin.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#718 Posted: 17:59:59 16/12/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
I'm glad Bayonetta got in, and I'm okay with Corrin.

Same.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#719 Posted: 18:00:45 16/12/2015
@Strider In fairness the Avengers are established characters even before The Avengers film came out. Iron Man, Thor and the others already had their individual films. And even if you want to say there was marketing with toys before their individual films came out, they were still well known for comics, cartoons, tv shows, video games, or what have you.

Compare to Force Awakens with characters we know next to nothing about like Finn and BB-8 getting superheavy marketing and toys. What if the film were to somehow turn out bad or one of these characters be hated (very unlikely at this point)? It would seem kinda silly wouldn't it?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:15 16/12/2015 by CAV
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#720 Posted: 19:43:01 16/12/2015
Unpopluar Opinion time:

People should stop going mad over stuff that it doesn't even matter like: a new movie for example.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#721 Posted: 19:51:29 16/12/2015
I was surprised when Bayonetta was revealed for Smash and I look forward to getting her. I'm also excited to get Corrin and seeing his/her gameplay in Smash is making me want Fire Emblem Fates even more.
#722 Posted: 20:05:47 16/12/2015
Okay, well I just saw Kingsman and.... no. :/ Apparently, the only reason I dislike Kingsman is because I am a "soft SJW who hates violence in movies", and that's just a weak excuse to say to someone who doesn't like something you do. My favorite movie of all time is Clockwork Orange, and my soon-to-sell book is the goriest book I've read. I think I'm okay with violence in movies...

The problem isn't how violent Kingsman is, but it's how things such as the violence or the sex jokes are handled. The two can be done very well in movies, videogames, books... but they can also be done horribly. Kingsman is by all means a good movie in its own right, with some of the greatest action scenes I've ever had the fortune to watch in a film, just it screwed it up...

The controversial church scene forever, and I've seen people say why it's good... I think it's a very well done fight scene, but the fact here is the scene is absolutely meaningless. It's a massacre scene for the very sake of having a massacre scene. Nobody is in control of themselves, there's nobody to root for or against, it's just there. This scene could have been used for character development, so the specific character would question and hate himself for what he did, but... if you saw it, you know why they screwed that up too. I've seen the excuse that this scene is supposed to be unsettling and dark, but that's bs and those who said it, know it. Free Bird wouldn't have been the background music, with the jokes from the villain, etc, if this scene were supposed to be dark.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#723 Posted: 20:37:35 16/12/2015
REALLY unpopular, Smash involved opinion:

I was excited for the Smash presentation. Now I am just straight up disappointed. Bayonetta should never have got in because there were other, so much more deserving characters, some actually from Nintendo, that should of gotten in YEARS before she should have even been considered. Take King K. Rool, Wolf, or Bandanna Waddle Dee as examples.

But hey, that's just me.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#724 Posted: 21:01:05 16/12/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
Okay, well I just saw Kingsman and.... no. :/ Apparently, the only reason I dislike Kingsman is because I am a "soft SJW who hates violence in movies", and that's just a weak excuse to say to someone who doesn't like something you do. My favorite movie of all time is Clockwork Orange, and my soon-to-sell book is the goriest book I've read. I think I'm okay with violence in movies...

The problem isn't how violent Kingsman is, but it's how things such as the violence or the sex jokes are handled. The two can be done very well in movies, videogames, books... but they can also be done horribly. Kingsman is by all means a good movie in its own right, with some of the greatest action scenes I've ever had the fortune to watch in a film, just it screwed it up...

The controversial church scene forever, and I've seen people say why it's good... I think it's a very well done fight scene, but the fact here is the scene is absolutely meaningless. It's a massacre scene for the very sake of having a massacre scene. Nobody is in control of themselves, there's nobody to root for or against, it's just there. This scene could have been used for character development, so the specific character would question and hate himself for what he did, but... if you saw it, you know why they screwed that up too. I've seen the excuse that this scene is supposed to be unsettling and dark, but that's bs and those who said it, know it. Free Bird wouldn't have been the background music, with the jokes from the villain, etc, if this scene were supposed to be dark.

Seeing as Kingsman is my second favorite movie, I feel like I need to address this. Nothing about Kingsman is really supposed to be dark. For the most part its a comedy, and at its very best it parodies classic spy films such as the James Bond franchise.

With the sex jokes and stuff, it's really supposed to be that way. They're supposed to be crude and tasteless, kind of like the character that makes most of them. Eggsy grew up poor and on the streets of London, with an abusive stepfather. Keeping his upbringing in mind, its easy to see why he'd grow up around "hood" culture. The streets of London are often portrayed as crude and abrasive, but as all cultures, it's different in its own right. Eggsy's journey throughout the film follows his transformation from a "classless" street kid, to stereotypical suave super spy. Given that both worlds are full of sex and such, it makes sense that his upbringing would make his commentary on sex somewhat crude, seeing as he went from delinquent to refined spy in a mere matter of months.

The violence in the film is expected, considering the source material is pretty violent and that the director was Matthew Vaughn, the same man who directed Kick Ass, another uber-violent yet comedic comic book adaptation. You say it's just there to be a massacre scene, but that's exactly the point. Its a show of power on Valentine's part, and makes it show that he's very capable of making people slaughter each other for his own personal gain. He needs them to be brutal, he needs a massacre, that way the world can be reborn into what he wants it to be, with no possibility of survivors outside of his personal circle. The only reason Hart survived the initial battle was his Kingsman training, leaving him to die at the hands of Valentine. It is character development, just very subtle in a way not many viewers would initially see. It shows how willing Valentine is for bloodshed, even if he's ironically afraid of it.

The addition of the jokes from Valentine and Hart, the Free Bird in the background, ect. was to show the style of the movie. The entire church scene sums up the stylistic choices of the film quite well. The film, like the church scene, have pretty good comedy, parodies popular spy elements, and has slick fights and brutal violence. It's not supposed to be dark, its not supposed to be necessarily thought provoking, and it's not supposed to be a character study either. It's supposed to be a brutal spy comedy. That's it, and it accomplishes that to a remarkable degree. The problem with the situation is that what you're taking away from it isn't the point of the film. You're looking for deep characters from all sides and necessary violence, and that's just about the exact opposite of what the film wanted you to take away from it. Kingsman is style over substance in a lot of places, but it's very well used in those places.

Also, whoever told you that you're a "soft SJW who hates violence in movies", they're wrong. You're entitled to different taste in cinema than what you saw, and that's fine. I highly suggest ignoring these elitist opinions they have.

Since you like good fight sequences too, idk if you've seen it, but check out the hallway fight from the Daredevil show on Netflix. It's just about one of the slickest fight sequences I've seen, and if you liked the choreography in the church scene, you'll like this too. There's no overabundance of blood or killing or brutality or anything, it's just a REALLY well choreographed fight scene.
#725 Posted: 17:37:21 17/12/2015
@StriderSwag Yeah, I don't mind others liking it, loving it even. I can see it's a good movie, and I think the action scenes are insane and wonderful, but I just can't enjoy it. It puts a bad taste in my mouth, and it's one of the few movies to make me uncomfortable... even though I love Clockwork Orange. xD If you like it, I can for the most part see why, but it does put a bad taste in my mouth. Kick Ass, however, is one of my favorite movies, and it's one of the reasons I wanted to like Kingsman so badly.

I hadn't seen Daredevil, but I did search up that fight scene on youtube, and it's pretty cool, yeah. I liked the realism of the fight, and how he so quickly runs out of breath and shows he's hurt.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#726 Posted: 21:39:28 17/12/2015
TMNT 2014 is my favorite Ninja Turtles movie
#727 Posted: 16:51:22 18/12/2015
After seeing the remasters of the original Star Wars films, I honestly don't think they're too bad. I do agree that the beginning of A New Hope was pretty much butchered, between Greedo shooting first and all the cluttered shots, and the song in Jabba's palace didn't need all the CGI, but save for that, everything was really good.

I especially liked the remaster of Empire Strikes Back. It added nice little touch-ups to make the snowspeeders on the Battle of Hoth more fluid, and I liked the addition of the background of Cloud City. Little things like that can really add to the film, allowing for better aerial battle movement and showing off how big Cloud City really is. Also, save for the aforementioned scene at Jabba's, Return of the Jedi's remaster was okay too, for the most part. I particularly liked the end, showing the celebration of the Empire's fall across tons of planets, Coruscant and Naboo included.

Also, hate me all you want. but I'm perfectly fine with the Ewoks.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#728 Posted: 17:14:03 18/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
After seeing the remasters of the original Star Wars films, I honestly don't think they're too bad. I do agree that the beginning of A New Hope was pretty much butchered, between Greedo shooting first and all the cluttered shots, and the song in Jabba's palace didn't need all the CGI, but save for that, everything was really good.

I especially liked the remaster of Empire Strikes Back. It added nice little touch-ups to make the snowspeeders on the Battle of Hoth more fluid, and I liked the addition of the background of Cloud City. Little things like that can really add to the film, allowing for better aerial battle movement and showing off how big Cloud City really is. Also, save for the aforementioned scene at Jabba's, Return of the Jedi's remaster was okay too, for the most part. I particularly liked the end, showing the celebration of the Empire's fall across tons of planets, Coruscant and Naboo included.

Also, hate me all you want. but I'm perfectly fine with the Ewoks.

I agree. Also Special edition Return of the jedi ending is better.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#729 Posted: 23:07:34 18/12/2015
I like toilet Humor and they are not as people think.
#730 Posted: 00:07:51 20/12/2015
Not much of a fan of corporal punishment. I don't think I can bring myself to hit a child.
I don't really know what to think of a spank here and there though.

It's a pretty unpopular opinion where I come from.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:57 20/12/2015 by Iceclaw
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#731 Posted: 19:40:28 20/12/2015
I'm not interested in Star Wars VII. I never watched the past ones, so I'm not interested in the franchise as a whole. Maybe in the future I decide to watch all the movies.
---
Bruh
#732 Posted: 19:57:35 20/12/2015
I'm okay with cooler Death Star.

(is that a spoiler? Haven't watched the trailers,but it sounds like something that would be in them)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:12 20/12/2015 by Bifrost
#733 Posted: 20:25:00 20/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

The song in Jabba's palace didn't need to happen period.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#734 Posted: 21:48:33 20/12/2015
Quote: Crash10
I'm not interested in Star Wars VII. I never watched the past ones, so I'm not interested in the franchise as a whole. Maybe in the future I decide to watch all the movies.

This sums up my opinion on SW
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#735 Posted: 05:29:25 21/12/2015
Quote: Crash10

Yeah, also i don't get all the Hype for the new movie.
#736 Posted: 07:08:33 21/12/2015
^The hype is based on it being the first film in the series in 10 years (ignoring the animated Clone Wars), those last few films being often regarded as awful by diehard fans. It's also the first to take place after the original films and Star Wars is a cultural landmark with an immense following, loads of nostalgic value, and Disney's marketing money behind it to ensure that you hear about it everywhere.
#737 Posted: 10:44:45 21/12/2015
^The hype is based on it being the first film in the series in 10 years (ignoring the animated Clone Wars), those last few films being often regarded as awful by diehard fans. It's also the first to take place after the original films and Star Wars is a cultural landmark with an immense following, loads of nostalgic value, and Disney's marketing money behind it to ensure that you hear about it everywhere.

I know why all the hype. It's a important movie. It's just not my style.
---
Bruh
#738 Posted: 13:57:55 21/12/2015
Well that's fine if it ain't your cup of tea, but that there is crazy hype it's pretty true; not important to non-fans but a big deal to even casuals fans of it.
---
#739 Posted: 14:02:24 21/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well that's fine if it ain't your cup of tea, but that there is crazy hype it's pretty true; not important to non-fans but a big deal to even casuals fans of it.

That's what I said. It's a important movie and I know why. And, even that i haven't watched, I know that it's a quality movie.

But movies in general is a thing that I not watch with frequency. I like many, but I'm generally more on the video game side.

As a side note, I'm actually hyped for various animated movies of 2016. I'm a animation enthusiastic.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:04 21/12/2015 by Crash10
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#740 Posted: 14:44:29 21/12/2015
I like animation. But i feel that they force it to be corny and peachy.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12161
#741 Posted: 01:52:15 22/12/2015
Gravity Falls has a lot of wasted potential and is ending too soon.
#742 Posted: 05:45:10 22/12/2015
Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice could not look more stupid.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#743 Posted: 05:47:34 22/12/2015
batman vs superman also has a runtime of over 151 MINUTES.

that's far too long for a superhero movie imo.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#744 Posted: 23:04:54 22/12/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
batman vs superman also has a runtime of over 151 MINUTES.

that's far too long for a superhero movie imo.

To put that into perspective, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies was 2 hours and 44 minutes.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is only 13 minutes shorter. It's gonna get boring quick.
#745 Posted: 06:34:28 23/12/2015
Crunchy cookies > soft cookies
---
Twinkies and 2hus
First | Previous | Page 15 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me