Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 14 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#651 Posted: 01:25:07 05/12/2015
Unrelated to what others are saying, but it's an unpopular opinion, I've gotten a lot of crap for saying it in the past, but it's still my opinion. lol. I think the T should be removed from "LGBT". I'm not being transphobic saying that, as I am a trans person, and I've come to have this opinion because of my past experiences. The T is just there to make many LGBT support groups look good, as so many disrespect trans people and push them away. People in a support group once told me I have a mental disorder for being trans, another wouldn't let me use the women's restroom, and another insisted on calling me by my not-name.

The level of disrespect I've received from LGBT support groups has, several times, been worse than what I've witnessed from people outside of them. Respect isn't why I wish the T were removed, however. The thing that the "L" (Lesbian), "G" (Gay), and "B" (Bisexual) all have in common, is they are sexualities, words that define what gender you are attracted to. Transgender has nothing in the world to do with sexual attraction, and all that adding T there does, is continue to give people confusion. So many times, I've been told by others "I'm not going to call you a she and support your sexuality. Leave me out of it."

All this is doing, is making people think that this very problem I have, is all based on a turn on... when it isn't, it doesn't. Being transgender has nothing to do with attraction, and lumping the T onto LGB just isn't helping the uneducated social opinion.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#652 Posted: 01:32:41 05/12/2015
Well,but that has more to do with people being jerks than the movement, it's not too different from heterophobic people. I thought that it was supposed to encompass all gender and sexual minorities(even if asexuality doesn't get in the acronym, I've seen people say it counts just as much), so in name it's fine; but the main problem is that some people think they're above prejudice just because they're a different minority(or since tumblr loves that, being above prejucide because they "know" they're priviledged).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:36 05/12/2015 by Bifrost
#653 Posted: 01:41:53 05/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well,but that has more to do with people being jerks than the movement, it's not too different from heterophobic people. I thought that it was supposed to encompass all gender and sexual minorities(even if asexuality doesn't get in the acronym, I've seen people say it counts just as much), so in name it's fine; but the main problem is that some people think they're above prejudice just because they're a different minority(or since tumblr loves that, being above prejucide because they "know" they're priviledged).

Never been to Tumblr. I've dealt with enough crap from the likes of Gamergate on Twitter (stopped using that), and heard Tumblr is just as bad, if not worse. One of the only websites I even touch now is DarkSpyro. Anyway, yeah, I have received so much BS from the gay community, for *** knows why. Just a month or so ago, a gay doctor (he was wearing the scrubs, was probably a doctor) encounters me in the middle of a gas station, and just starts insulting me, calling me poor and homeless, laughing at my looks, saying horrible things, all at the expense that I'm trans. I have respect for every type of people, as in the end, we're all the same species, regardless of differences, but those who are a minority are look for weaker minorities to pour their hate into, are just completely pathetic.
#654 Posted: 01:59:26 05/12/2015
Again,that's being a huge jerk, their sexuality is only being an ego boost for some sadistic reason. If there weren't some groups that didn't accept people all the same, no one would've bought the movement, the problem is that nowadays being entitled and using your minority as a weapon is seen as brave and asserting. Kinda like that Not Your Shield hashtag, where people were having some colossal slapfests to decide if some person in a minority "deserved" being part of it just because they didn't follow the same ideology as the more vocal ones and their friends in the majority.

Unfortunately,it's really jerks being jerks, and not something you can change with a different place in society. They'll just find another excuse to step on others to feel less miserable about themselves. You'll just have to find a group that has at least a general opinion against this attitude.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:00:29 05/12/2015 by Bifrost
#655 Posted: 02:12:49 05/12/2015
You're absolutely right. I'm sitting here trying to find something to say in response, but no, you seem to have it entirely spot on, almost leaving no room for a response at all. lol. Sometimes it seems impossible to gain support as a minority, unless you (you, meaning people in general) put someone else under you, and I simply can't do that. That kind of attitude just isn't good for anyone at all.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#656 Posted: 03:40:21 05/12/2015
I'm not a fan of flamboyant guys. Sorry. It may just be male stereotypes that I'm "conforming to," but they're just not my cup of tea. It's bad enough to see girls wearing "shorts" that are shorter and tighter than their underwear, it's even worse to see a guy in the same thing.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#657 Posted: 06:21:05 05/12/2015
Quote: CelesteInk

Never been to Tumblr. I've dealt with enough crap from the likes of Gamergate on Twitter (stopped using that), and heard Tumblr is just as bad, if not worse. One of the only websites I even touch now is DarkSpyro. Anyway, yeah, I have received so much BS from the gay community, for *** knows why. Just a month or so ago, a gay doctor (he was wearing the scrubs, was probably a doctor) encounters me in the middle of a gas station, and just starts insulting me, calling me poor and homeless, laughing at my looks, saying horrible things, all at the expense that I'm trans. I have respect for every type of people, as in the end, we're all the same species, regardless of differences, but those who are a minority are look for weaker minorities to pour their hate into, are just completely pathetic.

What a jerk
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#658 Posted: 01:37:43 06/12/2015
I hate wearing those denim short shorts that every young girl wears now. They feel uncomfortable, especially when you sit down, and I don't think they look nice in general. And some of them are so short to the point that you may as well just walk around in your underwear then wear them. I don't mind the ones that are slightly longer and are folded at the ends since they look nicer, but even them are very uncomfortable and dig into my legs when I sit down. I'm hoping that they will eventually go out of fashion, but that probably won't happen. Heck I hate all woman's shorts in general because they're all really short and tight. Because of this I always wear ether jeans or skirts.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#659 Posted: 20:28:24 06/12/2015
^
YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#660 Posted: 23:19:19 06/12/2015
I really really hate anime as well as it's fandom. It all seems overhyped and stupid to me personally. But kudos to those you like anime. Everyone should like what they want and not worry about other people's opinions.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#661 Posted: 23:23:00 06/12/2015
I dunno,it's like saying I hate books and its fandom. It's an entire genre, not a single group.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:29:06 06/12/2015 by Bifrost
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5402
#662 Posted: 00:26:00 07/12/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
I'm not a fan of flamboyant guys. Sorry. It may just be male stereotypes that I'm "conforming to," but they're just not my cup of tea. It's bad enough to see girls wearing "shorts" that are shorter and tighter than their underwear, it's even worse to see a guy in the same thing.

same, flaming guys pls go away
---
BREATHE AIR.
#663 Posted: 00:57:49 07/12/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: DarkPredator
I really really hate anime as well as it's fandom. It all seems overhyped and stupid to me personally.

How can you group an entire genre together like that? lol And anime's about as over-hyped as movies and pretty much every other form of entertainment, tbh.

I know, I know. And it's probably wrong to group it all together like that. I just mean it's not my thing. Mainly the fandom is my problem but with the anime itself, eh I just don't like the art style and how a lot of it is cutesy and it just strikes me the wrong way. I do like a few animes though, like Dragon Ball Z and Wolf's Rain.
---
#664 Posted: 01:07:09 07/12/2015
Well, it'll depend on its creator,just like any other medium. If you like ticker lines and realism,you'll just have to look for that part of anime. I doubt even the most hardcore fan or someone really into the culture will go out of their way to watch everything, especially since it's no different from western shows where you'll get overdone or outright lazy more often than anything,
---
#665 Posted: 01:12:38 07/12/2015
Well, it'll depend on its creator,just like any other medium. If you like ticker lines and realism,you'll just have to look for that part of anime. I doubt even the most hardcore fan or someone really into the culture will go out of their way to watch everything, especially since it's no different from western shows where you'll get overdone or outright lazy more often than anything,

That's very true. I don't really per say have a problem with anime, just most of it doesn't really tickle my fancy. "Hate" was a strong word to use here. Sorry about that.
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#666 Posted: 08:08:44 07/12/2015
I really really hate anime as well as it's fandom. It all seems overhyped and stupid to me personally.

How can you group an entire genre together like that? lol And anime's about as over-hyped as movies and pretty much every other form of entertainment, tbh.

I like how the post you quoted also said "Everyone should like what they want and not worry about other people's opinions."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:10:18 07/12/2015 by Samius
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#667 Posted: 15:10:01 07/12/2015
I really really hate anime as well as it's fandom. It all seems overhyped and stupid to me personally. But kudos to those you like anime. Everyone should like what they want and not worry about other people's opinions.

I was and sometimes still am a bit like this. But it is worth noting that even anime itself isn't a genre, but rather an entire medium of entertainment with multiple genres in it. There could be something you like then with that in mind.

And if you still decide you don't like it then it's perfectly acceptable and people should accept that rather than respond by throwing 20 different anime at you to watch.
#668 Posted: 16:17:14 07/12/2015
Yeah, it's not solving. But they mentioned they like a few anime, so it's already a specific part and something salvageable. And no problem with the wording,DarkPredator, at least you noticed there's a bit of the genre you enjoy.
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#669 Posted: 18:55:16 07/12/2015
Quote: Samius
I like how the post you quoted also said "Everyone should like what they want and not worry about other people's opinions."

I wasn't really worrying about their opinion, just finding it amusing that they were trying to throw an entire medium under the bus.

Ah well, "stop liking what I don't like", right?
#670 Posted: 20:37:39 07/12/2015

I wasn't really worrying about their opinion, just finding it amusing that they were trying to throw an entire medium under the bus.

Ah well, "stop liking what I don't like", right?

I didn't really mean that at all. I realize how poorly worded my response was. My apologies.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#671 Posted: 19:14:33 11/12/2015
CGI Yoda looked far better than puppet Yoda.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#672 Posted: 22:25:27 11/12/2015
Jar Jar Binks was my favorite character in the Phantom Menace, but only just ahead of Qui-Gon Jinn, who is my favorite Jedi, by the way.

I liked Darth Maul's design, but I hate his personality in the movies and the Clone Wars TV series. He is snarky and arrogant, and acts like a coward when he is defeated by Sidious in the Clone Wars.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#673 Posted: 22:58:26 11/12/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Jar Jar Binks was my favorite character in the Phantom Menace, but only just ahead of Qui-Gon Jinn, who is my favorite Jedi, by the way.

I liked Darth Maul's design, but I hate his personality in the movies and the Clone Wars TV series. He is snarky and arrogant, and acts like a coward when he is defeated by Sidious in the Clone Wars.

Not ragging on your or invalidating your opinion here, but how is he your favorite? I'm genuinely curious because there are very few people out there who share your opinion.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#674 Posted: 23:14:45 11/12/2015
i personally do not dr who all too much

i tried getting into it but i just couldnt.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:15 11/12/2015 by MoonHorizons
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#675 Posted: 03:19:46 12/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Chompy-King257

Not ragging on your or invalidating your opinion here, but how is he your favorite? I'm genuinely curious because there are very few people out there who share your opinion.

I actually found him kind of funny when I saw the movie as a kid. I was given a coloring book with him in it when I was little and obsessed with Star Wars, and I liked him ever since with his goofy manner. I feel sorry for all the hate he gets.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#676 Posted: 00:53:15 13/12/2015
GREEDO DEFINITELY SHOT FIRST
---
Cool cool.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#677 Posted: 00:55:57 13/12/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456

[User Posted Image]

Nonononononononononono
#678 Posted: 01:13:38 13/12/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456

han shot first and you ****ing know it
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#679 Posted: 02:47:45 13/12/2015
I've looked into UnderTale some more and it really isn't my type of thing, though I understand what's appealing about it.

I only looked into it because of the talk about it on other websites, memes, and how everyone suddenly knew what it was, and the part fandom that I've seen not on dS just annoys me.
#680 Posted: 06:27:44 13/12/2015
Yeah the Undertale fandom is very annoying in certain areas, like Tumblr, and even Youtube. Although from what I've seen, the Reddit Undertale fandom seems very decent.
---
#681 Posted: 13:09:01 13/12/2015
As much as they joke about it, r/undertale is pretty much r/jontron - funposting galore and mostly chill, unless someone brings up certain theories(Sans is a human, (bad ending character) is just misunderstood) or tries to put a gender on protagonist. There are also the people that try to make 'yee haw' or 'booby - foreboden - ok sheesh' a meme outside of it and it's just annoying,but on reddit you'll not even notice after a while.
Elsewhere though? 'bad time' became a verbal tic and shouting 'ANIME IS REAL' is a standard response to things that have nothing to do with it. The more unmoderated,the worse it is.

I agree with Drawdler partially on fandoms. Being THAT passionate that you can't leave forums and all your friends have to share the tastes just isn't for me. I prefer having friends who I already made like this cool thing I just found instead; and not depend on this one point for more. Surely, I'm here and squeeing over Skylanders between pre-launch months just like some crazier people,but I took YEARS to leave lurking in here and I started knowing users for reasons other than 'likes the games'.
With Undertale, I do some fanart, I visit the subreddit and occasionally the "official" forums, I love to talk about it if people are interested,but unlike what watching dozens of LPs may seem I try to not let it take over my life.
---
#682 Posted: 13:21:22 13/12/2015
I've never heard of Undertale before seeing it spoken about on both Unpopular Opinions topics on DarkSpyro, and honestly, I am already sick of it (kind of an unpopular opinion?). I don't think it's the unpopular opinion to dislike Undertale, considering that seems to be the "unpopular opinion" of the week. I've seen far more people say they dislike it, than any praise for it.

After looking it up just now, however, it looks alright... and since Jim Sterling strongly recommends it, I may as well try it out. I've never disagreed with his opinions on games yet, so I'll be surprised if I do with this.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#683 Posted: 13:41:39 13/12/2015
Revenge of the Sith was the best Star Wars movie.
#684 Posted: 18:45:32 13/12/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I don't personally share your opinion, but it was BY FAR the best of the prequels.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#685 Posted: 18:47:11 13/12/2015

We can't be friends anymore.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#686 Posted: 18:56:31 13/12/2015
I don't really know if anyone here even played Super Mystery Dungeon, but god no the partner isn't just a loveable trickster and totally an improvement over the mopey previous ones. They go beyond naive to nearly stupid in some actions -YEAH LET'S LEAVE OUR HOUSE WHEN WE'RE PROBABLY LIKE 10 I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TO REALIZE MY LIFE-THREATENING DREAMS. Also definately not the kind of attitude you want to teach kids at all, especially since way too many will sympathize with their outcast status. Oh yeah and major spoilers,

Continues the trend of Mew IN EVERY MEDIA holding the idiot ball regularly, huge jerks, naive despite being thousands of years old, or a combination of the three. I like the twist that they're the chosen one and not you,but c'mon, they just drag you along the dumbest stuff, no wonder Dark Matter had such an easy time carrying out its plans for so long.

Also Jirachi is just making up excuses to beat you up and I won't hear otherwise. It's even more glaring now that it's very obviously the same one every game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:58:10 13/12/2015 by Bifrost
#687 Posted: 20:14:00 13/12/2015

Huh?..

I'm not one of those people to say Empire Strikes Back is "the best movie ever!!", I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan compared to most people of the fandom but.. Huh?!?!

How? The movie I can only slightly see Revenge of the Sith seems better than in the original trilogy is maybe Return of the Jedi, and even then I feel like I'm saying some unholy statement that I need to repent for.
ROTS has some fantastic scenes, but that's what it has. The best parts of it are when it becomes more like the original trilogy. I admit, I rewatched A New Hope and Return Of The Jedi and they weren't as good as I remembered them, but still ROTS doesn't have the developed characters, flow and pacing, and more that the original trilogy has. It is enormously better than any of the other prequels, but falls short in nearly every category a movie should have to me when compared to the original trilogy.

I see it as:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return Of The Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge Of The Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack Of The Clones
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#688 Posted: 23:07:49 13/12/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
I've never heard of Undertale before seeing it spoken about on both Unpopular Opinions topics on DarkSpyro, and honestly, I am already sick of it (kind of an unpopular opinion?). I don't think it's the unpopular opinion to dislike Undertale, considering that seems to be the "unpopular opinion" of the week. I've seen far more people say they dislike it, than any praise for it.

After looking it up just now, however, it looks alright... and since Jim Sterling strongly recommends it, I may as well try it out. I've never disagreed with his opinions on games yet, so I'll be surprised if I do with this.

It seems to be beacuse many people love Undertale right now.

I do like Undertale, but i think it gets to much praise.
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#689 Posted: 00:03:03 14/12/2015
Warning: Long nonsensical rant ahead.

I prefer the fast paced action from the prequel Star Wars over the typically slow and dull action in the originals. In no way am I saying that I dislike the originals in any way, they were my entire childhood, but the action from the prequels just isn't there. Specifically lightsaber battles, all three original movies have bland lightsaber sequences, the emotion and power is behind it (which does significantly improve them), but the prequels have flips and intense action that just seems more Jedi like. Although, then again, Luke isn't a Jedi, Obi Wan is old, and Vader is half robot and pretty much dead.
On a related note, I also hate how much the prequels are bashed on, I've always thought that they were pretty good.
#690 Posted: 00:15:10 14/12/2015
Quote: willster8
Warning: Long nonsensical rant ahead.

I prefer the fast paced action from the prequel Star Wars over the typically slow and dull action in the originals. In no way am I saying that I dislike the originals in any way, they were my entire childhood, but the action from the prequels just isn't there. Specifically lightsaber battles, all three original movies have bland lightsaber sequences, the emotion and power is behind it (which does significantly improve them), but the prequels have flips and intense action that just seems more Jedi like. Although, then again, Luke isn't a Jedi, Obi Wan is old, and Vader is half robot and pretty much dead.
On a related note, I also hate how much the prequels are bashed on, I've always thought that they were pretty good.

I've always seen the Jedi as space monks, who rarely take in intense fights like that. I don't hate the action of the prequels, but they didn't have the emotion the originals had. I still appreciate it though, and I don't think the prequels deserve most of the hate they get. They're certainly not good, but they're not terrible films like they're always portrayed as.
#691 Posted: 02:59:19 14/12/2015
I'm very annoyed with the Undertale fandom atm. Because of them, a lot of people are getting put off of the game and there has been a lot of people hating on the game recently because of it. Undertale is a good game and I find it bad how it's becoming something that everyone loaths if you're not a huge fan, like what happened with Homestuck, Five Nights at Freddys, Steven Universe, etc I wish they would just back off a bit, because it's annoying how it's literally EVERYWHERE on Tumblr. Every tag I go into that has nothing to do with Undertale, I always see at least two gifs of the game. It's annoying how they don't keep it all in the Undertale tag. And posting 'bad time' everywhere and swarming Homestuck related stuff with it is annoying too. I find it sad that the Homestuck version Megalovania on Youtube is now infested with comments like 'this sucks undertale is better' and 'BAD TIMEZ!!!111'

I don't really know if anyone here even played Super Mystery Dungeon, but god no the partner isn't just a loveable trickster and totally an improvement over the mopey previous ones. They go beyond naive to nearly stupid in some actions -YEAH LET'S LEAVE OUR HOUSE WHEN WE'RE PROBABLY LIKE 10 I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TO REALIZE MY LIFE-THREATENING DREAMS. Also definately not the kind of attitude you want to teach kids at all, especially since way too many will sympathize with their outcast status. Oh yeah and major spoilers,

Continues the trend of Mew IN EVERY MEDIA holding the idiot ball regularly, huge jerks, naive despite being thousands of years old, or a combination of the three. I like the twist that they're the chosen one and not you,but c'mon, they just drag you along the dumbest stuff, no wonder Dark Matter had such an easy time carrying out its plans for so long.

Also Jirachi is just making up excuses to beat you up and I won't hear otherwise. It's even more glaring now that it's very obviously the same one every game.

Eh, I haven't played the game yet because I live in a country that doesn't get it until freaking 2016, but I've watched a LP for a very small portion of the game, so I know enough to know about the partner. I refuse to watch anymore though.

I mainly like the partner this time because the friendship between the hero and partner seems believable for once. The partner isn't forced upon you and actually gets introduced rather slowly, like a real friendship. The other partners beforehand literally went 'be my best friend foreva!!!' right away after going through one dungeon with them. The friendship just seemed really forced and one-sided on the partner's end and I just could never buy it. Another reason why I love SMD's partner is because I prefer their personality over the over two. From what I've seen, they're pretty darn funny.

The Rescue Partner was boring and a stereotypical hero, and some of the stuff they say on certain options you pick are ether annoying or outright hypocritical. They expect you to back them up when they act cowardly, but won't do the same for you when you act cowardly. And my main annoyance with the Explores partner was that they tended to become attached to others too quickly. They went full on depressed mode in the future with the truth about Dusknoir, and the Hero handled the situation a lot better and was a lot more reasonable, and they were with the partner throughout the entire time with Dusknoir. I was really annoyed with the partner throughout the whole future chapter since they went all whiny, and the partner never even knew Dusknoir that much.

That's just my thoughts on the partners anyway. I respect your opinion though. The SMD partner isn't everyone's cup of tea.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:15:30 14/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#692 Posted: 05:15:12 14/12/2015
I DON'T want a Danganronpa 2 anime. Seeing how badly the first turned out, no. Not to mention that DR2 has a LOT more information to absorb and process. Danganronpa anime ****ed that up in the first anime, you think they'd do it better in the second? Things like Danganronpa can't be explained or accurately depicted in a 12 episode anime. I'm sorry if you're only an anime watcher and refuse to play the game or watch a let's play.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#693 Posted: 14:50:28 14/12/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
I don't care about Star Wars or Dr. Who.

[User Posted Image]
-----
First | Previous | Page 14 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me