Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Family issues [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 22:33:48 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
My mother has had Multiple Sclerosis for many years. She's not in a wheelchair, thank goodness, but she can be more tired than an ordinary person and forgetful at times (a side effect from per-scripted injections and tablets) but she means well and cares about our family and our financial future.

While I do understand her condition very well, more-so than she knows, my brothers (and sometimes my dad) don't see it or just too proud of themselves. My brothers would leave clothes and dirty dishes lying around and won't do work because they believe what they're doing is more important but they're just lazy and they would complain to our mum with excessive swearing. My dad's no better as he's been recently nitpicking at me and mum's way of work when his van broke down on him early in the day. No real domestic violence but the just feeling you're surrounded by idiots.

I'm really the only person who she feels she can have a proper conversations as proper adults.

Does anybody have a relative who can't help with a certain condition but know any douchebags who are just so ignorant, you practically cringe and (metaphorically) bang your head on a wall by the stupidity you see?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#2 Posted: 16:07:09 23/08/2014
Not really. All families have some issues, but some are bigger.

Can't help but to feel sorry for your mother.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#3 Posted: 21:44:57 25/08/2014
Feel awful for you, I understand some of what you are going through.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 10:02:55 27/08/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
TL;DR first post, but I have to say that I get pissed at my family ALL THE TIME. I don't know, I guess I can't stand optimism each day I realize that a new Spyro game isn't out yet (though the mood changes when I'm watching a movie, playing video games, or doing something productive).

Wow, you don't even feel a bit sorry for OP's mom? What you posted sounded incredibly disrespectful.

Quote:
I can't stand optimism each day I realize that a new Spyro game isn't out yet

Damn, dude. You're seventeen. I grew up with Spyro as well (more so the first three), but I got over it. Spyro is simply a Skylander now. His days of having his own role in a video game are over, or at least until Activision see's potential and sales for a new Spyro the Dragon game, which I don't see happening. Crash Bandicoot still has a fair chance, I would say.

As for family issues, I don't really have any. My family is pretty sweet, besides my older sister. She is practically Satan reincarnated. Not joking either. I never let it bother me though, and I never talk to her either. She is just a huge drama queen who likes attention and to start things. I simply ignore her, it works pretty well.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:04:38 27/08/2014 by zer0dch
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#5 Posted: 18:06:17 27/08/2014
TLsmilieR first post, but I have to say that I get pissed at my family ALL THE TIME. I don't know, I guess I can't stand optimism each day I realize that a new Spyro game isn't out yet (though the mood changes when I'm watching a movie, playing video games, or doing something productive).

You know Loco. That was a d*ck post. TL ; DR? Get out of here. Insensitivity much. Try reading a book then get back to me. Also get over Spyro. I grew up with him too, but I don't dwell over it. I've gotten over the fact that Spyro may never be in his own game since 2008.

Anyway, back on point, my family has had crises arise when a family member dies (I've had 6 die since 2005). Hell, my mom can't get over the fact that my grandma (her mother) passed away in 2008, 6 years ago. My cat Spot died this year, and she hasn't got over it. My middle sister can be a ***** sometimes, but eh, what can you do.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:08:20 27/08/2014 by JCW555
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#6 Posted: 21:55:12 27/08/2014
Sorry to hear about that, it must be really frustrating and awful.

We have a few family issues and it's mostly just with my brothers or uncles. It's really frustrating dealing with all of them and one of them is extremely abusive but no one in the family wants to acknowledge it.
They're all also really lazy and can have a really bad temper.

TL;DR first post

jesus christ what an asshole
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:23 27/08/2014 by Iceclaw
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#7 Posted: 08:13:11 28/08/2014
POS manners

Quote: Locoguy17's POS worthy post
TL;DR first post, but I have to say that I get pissed at my family ALL THE TIME. I don't know, I guess I can't stand optimism each day I realize that a new Spyro game isn't out yet (though the mood changes when I'm watching a movie, playing video games, or doing something productive).

Responses

Quote: zer0dch
Wow, you don't even feel a bit sorry for OP's mom? What you posted sounded incredibly disrespectful.

Quote: JCW555
You know Loco. That was a d*ck post. TL ; DR? Get out of here. Insensitivity much. Try reading a book then get back to me.

Quote: Iceclaw

Quote: Pixilism
plz **** yourself

Locoguy17 got BTFO
#8 Posted: 08:51:48 28/08/2014
POS manners

Quote: Locoguy17's POS worthy post
TLsmilieR first post, but I have to say that I get pissed at my family ALL THE TIME. I don't know, I guess I can't stand optimism each day I realize that a new Spyro game isn't out yet (though the mood changes when I'm watching a movie, playing video games, or doing something productive).

Responses

Quote: JCW555
You know Loco. That was a d*ck post. TL ; DR? Get out of here. Insensitivity much. Try reading a book then get back to me.

Quote: Iceclaw

Quote: Pixilism
plz **** yourself

Locoguy17 got BTFO

I honestly think that that was a slight overreaction from you guys..
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#9 Posted: 14:23:20 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Ugh! I wish never started this stupid thread. How do I close it?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#10 Posted: 19:53:58 28/08/2014
Quote: StevemacQ
Ugh! I wish never started this stupid thread. How do I close it?

Edit the first post and choose "close topic".
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#11 Posted: 21:34:04 28/08/2014
Deleted my earlier post. ****, I'm an asshole for that. Sorry.

Anyway, I now read your post, and I have to say that my mom's kind of like your mom. She has Lupus. She has to suffer and go through a lot of pain just to support her family. I keep forgetting about that from time to time, so I act like an asshole. She's very nice around others, I'll give her that, but sometimes I act like I'm smarter than her, which pisses her off. I always want to support her, though.

Listen, if I get rich, I promised my mom I will help her with her expenses. I just hope she doesn't abuse my future profits; I'll be planning for other things then.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me