Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > The Secret City (Skylanders & Mysterious Benedict Society)
Page 1 of 1
The Secret City (Skylanders & Mysterious Benedict Society) [CLOSED]
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#1 Posted: 13:55:20 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
HELLO PEOPLE.

If no one reads this, then I suppose I'll keep writing anyway.

The Secret City... In case you haven't noticed, I like secrets. And so, there will be lots of secrets in this. Lots of secrets... AS WELL AS A HINT TO WHAT THE NEXT CHAPTER MIGHT CONTAIN! There will be a riddle at the end of each chapter (The riddles might be easy to decode sometimes) stating something that MIGHT end up being used in the next chapter. MIGHT.

I might close this topic.

Forgive me anyone who might think this a copy of their stories.

And I'll post chapter one now in a different comment.

BUT FIRST:

I'd like to set a few rules on commenting.

1. Don't comment just to get my attention, I write at my own pace.
  2. Don't comment repeatedly or I will feel obliged to close this topic.
  3. Don't post negative comments about my story unless you think posting them might help me make my story better.
  4. Don't post comments like "This story is just like my story ____" or "This is just like _____'s story, ________" because if it is it means I LIKE YOUR STORY.

Now that that's out of the way, LET'S BEGIN!
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#2 Posted: 15:02:28 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
TO AVOID CONFUSION
CHARACTERS

Star(based off Kate): An enchanted Star Strike that has psychic powers. She is smart and uses her powers to seek out the good in people. Even with the latest disaster in her home, she is able to see that the other Skylanders just want change. She never goes anywhere without her bucket, which is painted silver and has a lid.

Ember(based off Reynie): A Sunburn that wants change just as bad as everyone else, but is so different that he forgets how brave he really is. He has the power of flight unlike all the other Sunburns and likes to read.

Brilliance(based off Constance): An intelligent Flashwing that likes to write poetry. Even though her poems are really bad, she is very persistent and always carries through for her friends. She can be rather crabby at times, and hates to be woken up.

Riptide(based off Sticky): A Gill Grunt that is very nervous and remembers everything he sees, reads, or does. He can read very fast and can read any language. He cannot speak any of these languages, but he can read them as if they were english.

Miss Liora(based off Miss Perumal): A Sonic Boom that tutors Ember. She likes to read the news and spend time with Ember.

Mr. Pyravic(based off Mr. Benedict): A Spyro mastermind that brings the main characters together. He has narcolepsy, which causes him to fall asleep whenever he feels strong emotion. His twin brother, Mr. Pyro, is the main villain in the story.

Number Five(based off Number Two): A Cynder that almost never sleeps, and rarely leaves Mr. Pyravic's side. She has a real name, but prefers to go by her code name.

Volt(based off Rhonda): An intelligent Cynder that almost never leaves Mr. Pyravic's side. She is a very good chef and likes spending time with the main characters.

Mr. Pyro(based off Mr. Curtain): A Spyro who is Mr. Pyravic's twin brother and an evil mastermind. He also has narcolepsy, but with different conditions than his brother. He is using the Whisperer, an evil device he built to send messages into everyone's minds when they watch TV or listen to the radio.

This whole story takes place in a mall.

ONE

Ember was waiting for Miss Liora. She was his tutor at the GameStop orphanage. Ember sighed. He might as well have run as soon as he had the chance, but he knew he couldn't. Miss Liora arrived at last and took Ember to her office. She pulled out a newspaper like usual while Ember finished his work. Suddenly she gasped.

"Ember, look at this!" she exclaimed.

She set down the newspaper and Ember looked at the ad she had pointed out. It read: Are you a SPECIAL child looking for SPECIAL opportunities? How strange, Ember thought, to see an ad directed to children and not adults.

"Do you think you'd be interested?" Miss Liora asked.

Ember nodded. Then he continued to do his work until nightfall. The next morning he woke and left to take the test. It was in a building made of Booster Juice cups. The city in GameStop had been built from materials salvaged from garbage bins. It was tedious work, but the Skylanders all those years ago had done it. There was currently a new building under construction. It was being built out of plastic. The test was about to begin. Ember went inside and took a seat. At first the test was what he had expected: A couple questions about geometry, a couple questions about poetry. But the last page was different. The first Question read: Do you like TV? Ember wrote yes. Everyone liked watching TV! But the more Ember thought about it, the more certain he felt the answer was no. He erased his answer and wrote no instead. The next question read: Do you like listening to the radio? again Ember wrote yes, then thought better of it and wrote no. I really am an oddball, he thought. The next question showed a picture of a chess board. All the pieces were in startin positions except one black pawn. The question read: According to the rules of chess, is this position possible? Ember wrote yes. After a few more questions, Ember came to the last one: Are you brave? Ember thougth about it. After a long pause he wrote I hope so.

THE RIDDLE

There will be light and darkness take the test
Ground and sky, dark and light, water and fire
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:20 18/08/2014 by FuryBeam136
#3 Posted: 17:36:17 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
That riddle was a very bad one, sorry. I'll spoiler all future chapters in case you haven't read the previous ones.

TWO

The Cynder at the front of the room sat down eating peanuts. Ember looked at her, watching her. The Cynder spoke suddenly.

"Pencils!" she shouted. Ember blinked. "Put down your pencils!" the Cynder said. "The test is over!"

There were groans from some of the Skylanders. "But I never finished!" exclaimed a Gill Grunt. "Me neither!" yelled a Smolderdash.

Ember waited for the Cynder to finish grading the tests. He heard two Spyros snickering behind him.

"I can't beleive that test was so easy," the first one said.

"Yeah," the second one replied. "And that chess question? Everyone knows that pawns can only move one space at a time."

"Pawns can move two spaces on their first turn fool!" the first Spyro snapped back. "But of course, the position's still impossible because white always goes first."

Ember began to worry he had done the test incorrectly. He waited nervously. He was the opposite of everyone else.

"Those of you who will be moving on to the next round are:" the Cynder at the front of the room began.

"Wait, there's another round?" a Punk Shock interrupted.

"Yes, now don't interrupt," said the Cynder. "As I was saying, those of you who will be moving on to the next round are: Ember."

Ember let out a sigh of relief. The Cynder went out the door. She quickly peeked her head back through the doorframe.

"And that is all," she said.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#4 Posted: 12:36:07 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, the whole "This story takes place in a mall" thing ISN'T WORKING OUT. I'll make another fanfic that takes place in a mall and that one will be better. But since this story already started in a mall, I might as well continue as if it was in a mall.

And no more riddles.
THREE

Ember was on his way to the next test, which was in the GameStop Square. He made it, and everyone was there. he spotted a Cynder being bullied by some Slam Bams nearby, and rushed to her aid.

"You leave her alone!" he cried, flaming the Slam Bams in front of him.

The Slam Bams fled, leaving Ember and the Cynder alone.

"Thanks!" the Cynder said. "I'm Volt. I have managed to get a hold of the test answers. In return for helping me, I'll let you cheat. You can just look over my shoulder, and I'll hold my test in a helpful way."

Ember shook his head. He wouldn't cheat on a test. Everyone went inside to take the test.

"If you feel you cannot do this test, you can leave," the Cynder who had been there last time said. "You may begin as soon as you have the test."

One of the Slam Bams Ember had flamed got the test first. He took one look at it and rushed out of the room. A couple other of the test-takers did the same. When Ember got the test, he saw why. The test was all nonsense. After reading all the questions however, Ember realized the whole test was a riddle. Thee answer to question one was in question twenty-one, the answer to question twenty was in question forty and so on. When the test was over, Ember felt confident he had answered every question correctly.

"Those of you will be passing on to the next round are:" the Cynder said. "Ember."

The Cynder began to go out of the room and peeked her head around again.

"And that is all."
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me