Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Visiting gem nerf? [CLOSED]
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1 Posted: 15:20:20 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I know most people who post here do not visit due to perceived risks of corruption. Personally, I had Avril & Batterson fairly early on due to the personal offers system when I started playing. I found that, perhaps due to the twice doubled kudos, visiting was a decent source of gems. Typically I'd get Hyde 5 or 6 times total, and a gem pop from houses every few visits. All told I'd come away with at least 12-15 gems per day, often more.

I haven't been visiting for a couple months, due to lack of any real need to speed things up. This morning I am chilling out and decided to make a full clear. 67 visits = 3 gems total. 1 hyde, 2 house gem pops. Mabu 2 or 3 times. I know one sample isn't proof, but that sure seems unlikely to be just bad luck.

ps. this is just idle speculation, no need to get up in arms. smilie
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2 Posted: 15:35:22 12/08/2014
I haven't visited in ages, it takes so long to load and scroll around other kingdoms for such little reward (given I have 17 thousand kudos and nothing to spend them on). You still get them at the same rate as gifts though, as far as I can tell.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#3 Posted: 16:05:58 12/08/2014
It's been months since I've bothered to visit (still gifting, though). From what I recall, I used to get maybe half a dozen gems from visiting 100 friends (houses + Hyde), ten on a really good day. Maybe they've played with the odds in the meantime, but it doesn't sound like 3 gems is so bad.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 16:21:13 12/08/2014
Quote:
perceived risks of corruption.

Perceived risks of corruption ? I am one of a long list of casualties that had my first game evilized by lazy programmers who cut corners . The fact is it went to heck exactly a week after i started making friends and exploring their kingdoms and harvesting .

My second attempt I cut off all friendship ties and my game is still intact . Remember prevention is the best cure .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:33:34 12/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 16:26:07 12/08/2014
I sent and received gifts for the first time in months this morning and still got a fair number of gems that way. No way will I risk visiting other kingdoms though, especially since the rewards aren't worth the hassle.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
spicemill Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#6 Posted: 18:21:07 12/08/2014
I tend to do a few visits most days. I think I am getting a little less gems than I used to, but I don't make enough visits everyday for it to be good statistics. Given the time it takes to visit and the fact I now have Diggs, I am less motivated. But it has really helped me with gems in the past. I still get several everyday from sending/receiving.
---
Activate: Spicemill

Click on my profile on this forum to see which codes I am trading for. I have Springtime Trigger Happy, Kickoff Countdown and more.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me