Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Do I need an activate account to be sure I've saved my progress?
Page 1 of 1
Do I need an activate account to be sure I've saved my progress? [CLOSED]
MagicMyrtle Red Sparx Gems: 13
#1 Posted: 08:21:46 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
My kingdom is currently level 36 and I'm worrying about losing my progress. My game is crashing all the time. I've done the last LI update, but there's a system update waiting for my iPad so I'm going to do that. Before I do, I want to be sure I have the game properly saved.

However, I don't seem to have an activate account and it seems you can't get one via the game. If I get one of their website, can I safely swap my data via the save option in the game? Do I even need to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd be gutted to lose it all now!! Thanks.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#2 Posted: 12:35:29 12/08/2014
If you're using apple devices, back up your device (including app data) using iTunes before installing updates. That way you can always revert if there's a problem. I assume Android devices have a backup option as well.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#3 Posted: 19:10:01 12/08/2014
Android Devices have not build in such an option like itunes.
There are several possibilities to backup your Lost Island account on android devices but most of them are for more advanced users.

The most convinient way is as you mentioned before by setting up an activate account. It is free and i have never been annoyed by activision since i have one. I just use this one as a lost island backup for free.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 19:34:08 12/08/2014
I'm pretty sure you cannot create Activate accounts anymore.

https://activate.amp.demonware...-islands/#faq20
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:47 12/08/2014 by defpally
Wkgrandma Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#5 Posted: 13:30:24 14/08/2014
I guess the new activate account thing is taking effect today. I logged in to my account and not sure who's account I have but sure isn't mine. I am at level 9 now. I had a least one of everything that was available. Not sure if I will continue to try and acquire everything again. My grandson was very upset to see all his skylanders gone. Not sure I am willing to spend the time or the money to recover everything again.
Wkgrandma Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#6 Posted: 17:46:28 14/08/2014
I figured I had nothing to loose so I logged in on my activate account again and everything restored. I was lucky this time.
Yuckaiju Green Sparx Gems: 122
#7 Posted: 12:18:12 17/08/2014
I am also curious how to back up progress now that Activate isn't a thing anymore. I can't believe I was late by just a few days...
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#8 Posted: 09:27:14 18/08/2014
I guess you play on an android device?
Maybe you would like to have a closer look on the app called "helium". It is a convenient app for backup.

If you are more experienced and have full root access on your device you can also try Titanium Backup.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me