Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The issue is being resolved [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 14:17:04 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator

Okay

This is being solved
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:09:14 08/08/2014 by ZapNorris
#2 Posted: 14:33:06 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
guys?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 14:36:03 07/08/2014
Haven't seen the racing one but I am pretty sure it isn't toxic paint, otherwise that means the STORE was hurting the crabs, not the kids.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#4 Posted: 14:37:18 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Windumup
Haven't seen the racing one but I am pretty sure it isn't toxic paint, otherwise that means the STORE was hurting the crabs, not the kids.

the kids superglued toys to the shells
#5 Posted: 14:38:53 07/08/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

the kids superglued toys to the shells

I can tell
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 15:50:32 07/08/2014
I could care less tbh....
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 16:28:54 07/08/2014
Eh, they're overrated.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#8 Posted: 21:07:23 07/08/2014
They get paid though. :/ I don't see the problem.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#9 Posted: 21:46:14 07/08/2014
They should be called out animal abuse, Because it's not ****ing right to any of that to a crab.

In fact it is animal abuse.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#10 Posted: 22:10:52 07/08/2014
Quote: Cynderfan507
My aunt once had a hermit crab that was dying and it fell out of its shell and turns out it was decaying while it was still alive.

azsdgsdf-holy crap
e_e
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#11 Posted: 22:13:17 07/08/2014
My aunt once had a hermit crab that was dying and it fell out of its shell and turns out it was decaying while it was still alive.

Did you eat it?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#12 Posted: 22:20:34 07/08/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I don't mean to sound heartless, but who the **** cares? They're ****ing crabs for ****'s sake.

I hate to go against friends. But crabs are living beings like us too. The fact such videos of this abuse exist, is what makes me care. Because there could be kids around their age watching this thinking that that's how to take care of their pets.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#13 Posted: 22:47:16 07/08/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
I don't mean to sound heartless, but who the **** cares? They're ****ing crabs for ****'s sake.

I hate to go against friends, but crabs are living beings like us too. The fact such videos of this abuse exist, is what makes me care.
Because there could be kids around their age watching this thinking that that's how to take care of their pets.

I understand the last part, but I honestly don't see crabs too be in the same category as dogs, cats, birds, etc.

It's like when you step on a cockroach, it doesn't harm anyone in the end.

Yes, they are living beings, but if cockroaches get stepped on, then what makes hermit crabs so special?

Bugs are horrible pieces of ***.
#14 Posted: 22:49:30 07/08/2014

I hate to go against friends, but crabs are living beings like us too. The fact such videos of this abuse exist, is what makes me care.
Because there could be kids around their age watching this thinking that that's how to take care of their pets.

I understand the last part, but I honestly don't see crabs too be in the same category as dogs, cats, birds, etc.

It's like when you step on a cockroach, it doesn't harm anyone in the end.

Yes, they are living beings, but if cockroaches get stepped on, then what makes hermit crabs so special?

Hermit crabs require special care for when having them as a pet. That and they're crabs. As in seafood delicacy. Without hermit crabs there might be a smaller amount in crab meat.

That and anyone can find a cockroach in their house and be disgusted. But a hermit crab, I think they would be afraid to pinched and let it go. That and I don't think hermit crabs multiply as fast as a cockroach.

I mean hermit crabs should be as big as a deal as turtles. And turtles are considerably pets. And they have shells.

Also on other news it appears that the store where they got the crabs from had their shells painted in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NOLGkvlY1U
---
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 23:04:44 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
They should be called out animal abuse, Because it's not ****ing right to any of that to a crab.

finally, a good post in this topic.

EDIT: even aura is freaking out

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:01 07/08/2014 by ZapNorris
#16 Posted: 23:30:02 07/08/2014
****ing morons.

These kids parents are horrible, it doesn't matter if it's a hermit crab, dog, or a human, how would you like if someone super glued a ****ing giant plastic thing to your back? Or made you breathe in toxic fumes? Can their parents not see they have an unhealthy obsession with Skylanders? I don't get how any smart human being could get a pet, and then torture it the way these assholes do, it's ****ing ridiculous,

There's my rant.
---
#17 Posted: 23:30:37 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz
****ing morons.

These kids parents are horrible, it doesn't matter if it's a hermit crab, dog, or a human, how would you like if someone super glued a ****ing giant plastic thing to your back? Or made you breathe in toxic fumes? Can their parents not see they have an unhealthy obsession with Skylanders? I don't get how any smart human being could get a pet, and then torture it the way these assholes do, it's ****ing ridiculous,

There's my rant.

i applaud you.
#18 Posted: 23:33:58 07/08/2014

finally, a good post in this topic.

EDIT: even aura is freaking out

[User Posted Image]

Again the hermit crabs were bought with the painted shells included.
I am pretty sure the paint is non toxic
---
#19 Posted: 23:43:38 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Again the hermit crabs were bought with the painted shells included.
I am pretty sure the paint is non toxic

Even if it's not, the superglue will definitely kill them. Plus the shell of one of them got damaged iirc, which makes it even worse.

correct. chase stepped on a shell.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#20 Posted: 23:45:21 07/08/2014
what were they thinking? jesus christ
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#21 Posted: 00:03:37 08/08/2014
I'm not really bothered by the painted shells, since the paint is most likely non toxic, but gluing toys to them? Why would they do that? I get that they're kids and kids can do some dumb things, but I'd have thought they'd know better than to do that.

tbh it's not even the kids fault, it's their R-word parents
---
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#22 Posted: 00:06:52 08/08/2014
Where are the skylanderkids? I haven't seen them, but I don't think they leave the Skylander Section and recently I haven't been to that section.
#23 Posted: 00:32:19 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Troll Slug
Where are the skylanderkids? I haven't seen them, but I don't think they leave the Skylander Section and recently I haven't been to that section.

they wouldn't come here.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#24 Posted: 00:42:16 08/08/2014
I still can't believe they are treated as a reliable news source for Skylanders. I watched one of their videos and could swear I was losing brain cells....

The kids not knowing any better, I could understand since they are kids. But in the end it comes down on the parents. They could've taught them how to care for the crabs and stopped this from happening; however they instead clearly encouraged the mistreatment by making it into one of their videos.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#25 Posted: 00:45:00 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
I still can't believe they are treated as a reliable news source for Skylanders. I watched one of their videos and could swear I was losing brain cells....

The kids not knowing any better, I could understand since they are kids. But in the end it comes down on the parents. They could've taught them how to care for the crabs and stopped this from happening; however they instead clearly encouraged the mistreatment by making it into one of their videos.

i say we all unsubscribe and spam them.
#26 Posted: 00:51:07 08/08/2014

Until I pm them this thread
---
#27 Posted: 00:58:58 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator

why would you do that
#28 Posted: 01:02:53 08/08/2014

why would you do that

So they (and by they I mean skylander dad who is the one who posts under that name) can tell you what they think of you guys complaining over this animal "abuse"
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#29 Posted: 01:05:12 08/08/2014
I hope it was worth torturing and then most likely killing the poor things just so they can have that stupid little race.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#30 Posted: 01:06:58 08/08/2014

why would you do that

So they (and by they I mean skylander dad who is the one who posts under that name) can tell you what they think of you guys complaining over this animal "abuse"

But it is in fact animal abuse.

Here all the facts you need about hermit crab abuse can be found here: http://alaskahermit.com/inform...painted-shells/

Seriously look at it. It is in fact animal abuse.
---
icon from Empoh
#31 Posted: 01:20:05 08/08/2014

why would you do that

Here all the facts you need about hermit crab abuse can be found here: http://alaskahermit.com/inform...painted-shells/

Well I still think it is the pet stores faults for selling them and torturing them first
---
#32 Posted: 01:25:14 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
what's the point of your argument, windump?
#33 Posted: 01:25:24 08/08/2014

Well I still think it is the pet stores faults for selling them and torturing them first

As my brother said they were basically sold illegally since the store didn't have the license to sell crabs. The store may have painted the shells. BUT! The skykids did in fact added on the super glue which does just the same as the paint.

The store should be closed because of such. But the Skykids did glue figures on the shells. Both are at fault, since the Skykids did buy from them and used glue on the crabs.
---
icon from Empoh
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#34 Posted: 01:31:09 08/08/2014
Are you guys serious?
Not that I have to explain ourselves, but....
One, it was a Hot Glue gun and the crabs did not come in contact with the glue and the Mega Bloks Skylanders are off of the shells now, it was just for the duration of the video.
Two, you never saw where the hermit crabs live, we have a sink that is about 25 inches wide, long and high filled with sponges of water, food from the pet store, rocks from the habitat and shells from the beach in FL in our garage where it is indeed humid and hot. Sounds like an awful living situation huh?
Three, Bash escaped because we didn't know they could climb and we temporarily put them in a box the 1st day we got home while the kids were outside playing so that we can transfer them to their new home and give them more room to walk around so they aren't cramped in an 8inch habitat, you know, something that an animal abuser would do, have consideration for the crabs, that's typical of abusers, right? lol ... So, somehow not knowing a crab can climb is abuse? Whoops, I thought it was lack of knowledge, our bad, Zap!
Four, the shells being painted has nothing to do with us, it has to do with the store who sells them, same thing with the 8 inch cage that you buy them in. So I supposed anyone who picks up a hermit crab on vacation with a painted shell in a tiny 8 inch habitat is a horrible animal abuser as soon as the pay for them. They should no doubt be condemned and ganged up on. C'mon, lol. This is silly, seriously!

Do you seriously think we have to explain all of this in a video, no we don't, the video was for entertainment purposes, not a lesson on how-to maintain crabs in real-life.

We had to youtube search all other hermit crab racing vids after this and finally we saw the hate on every single video, so it's whatever, didn't realize so many people would flip out, but people need to seriously stop about the toxic painted shells, that's not our doing at all, we bought them already painted. We actually bought Glass Shells for the crabs and they are in there now (we will have a video up soon about those that you can protest if you'd like) somehow we feel someone will start saying things like "OMG, Glass is harmful to Hermit Crabs because it's see through! There eyes are too sensitive to light. You guys are horrible people!" http://www.glassshell.com/Site_3/Home.html

There are people that abuse animals and then there are people that have animals that do not know 100% everything there is to know about them (this goes for tons of animal owners and it's not embarrasing at all to say we are in this group). So please separate the two groups next time okay Zap 'ol buddy? Super Glue, this is how rumors get started, every knows on our channel we are huge HOT GLUE users! lol, Those Mega Bloks are back on our shelf, disinfected and without a trace of glue on them and same goes for the shells.

The moral of the story is you can't please everyone. Its what's in someones heart that counts, and none of our hearts want to hurt an animal or cause them harm so we can care less about anything negative that someone says about this or us because we know it's not our motive to hurt anything. smilie

Have an awesome day!
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:44:00 08/08/2014 by skylanderkids
#35 Posted: 01:41:20 08/08/2014
It's still glue, as in it's still rather harmful to a hermit crab. And it's still bad you the parent of these kids. Even allowed such!

Clearly by not knowing that hermit crabs can climb, you just made yourselves look irresponsible. You probably didn't do the research until that happened.

Do us a favor and let the animals be, instead of involving them in you hair brained shenanigans. Because that whole video was messed up. Oh And the Store sold those crabs to you while unlinsensed, as in you pretty much could have gotten illegal hermit crabs.
---
icon from Empoh
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#36 Posted: 01:42:46 08/08/2014
sooo howd you get the crabs out of the shells?
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#37 Posted: 01:51:15 08/08/2014
Do us a favor and let the animals be, instead of involving them in you hair brained shenanigans. Because that whole video was messed up. Oh And the Store sold those crabs to you while unlinsensed, as in you pretty much could have gotten illegal hermit crabs.

I'm not trying to sound like douche here, but seriously? Do you think people really care about illegal hermit crab trafficking? I don't think it really matters.
---
A story.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#38 Posted: 01:54:10 08/08/2014
Glad to hear you guys are taking better care of your crabs than it looked and that you got them new shells and a good habitat. :) Seeing the video had me very worried and I'm glad the situation is nowhere near as bad as it looked there. :)
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#39 Posted: 01:55:55 08/08/2014
Quote: uttster13

I'm not trying to sound like douche here, but seriously? Do you think people really care about illegal hermit crab trafficking? I don't think it really matters.

they could be armed with bombs you know.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#40 Posted: 01:59:03 08/08/2014
Quote: uttster13

It does. I mean you go to a dog breeder and you expect to see papers and license right? If you don't see those, the person is clearly selling you a potentially abused sick dog. And the fact that it's illegal to not have a license to owning certain types of animals depending on where you live. As in you can get caught for smuggling.
---
icon from Empoh
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#41 Posted: 02:07:02 08/08/2014
Quote: Razz
Glad to hear you guys are taking better care of your crabs than it looked and that you got them new shells and a good habitat. smilie Seeing the video had me very worried and I'm glad the situation is nowhere near as bad as it looked there. smilie

It's understandable, but you won't believe the stuff we hear and we just have to shrug it off because we know, in our hearts it isn't accurate. Like in a store we recorded a video and our 2 year old son, Chase kicks a box off a shelf and at first we laughed out of the sense of being surprised/shocked "Like whoa, did he just do that", then, in the video, the next scene comes on which is minutes later but of course, it's edited out in between. But we have comments saying "oh, you're bad parents, you didn't reprimand your 2 year old son, you just laughed at him", like do some people really want us to include the real life behind-the-scenes parenting that happened after the fact when we explain to him that is not acceptable behavior to act like that in a store/treat toys or any objects like that for no reason. It's just the things you have to deal with when the public is watching you on youtube. Same thing with our epic unboxings of Skylander Toys, the kids get tons of other gifts on birthdays and occasions other than Skylanders, they don't whack them open with shovels in real-life. It's for youtube and we have fun doing it, it's like an activity, some just don't get that though. We don't use blow torches on Christmas to open up our clothes boxes from Macys. lol

Oh well, we choose to share SOME of our life on youtube, we have to deal with this sort of thing. smilie
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#42 Posted: 02:08:37 08/08/2014
It's still glue, as in it's still rather harmful to a hermit crab. And it's still bad you the parent of these kids. Even allowed such!

Clearly by not knowing that hermit crabs can climb, you just made yourselves look irresponsible. You probably didn't do the research until that happened.

How do we even know if the store was selling unlicensed Hermit Crabs?

Also I believe Skylander Dad (And the kids) only have good intent for these crabs. Especially after his post stating that the cardboard box was only until the much better home was ready.

If you want something to cry about then look up Snake vs Guinea Pig, it should keep you guys busy for awhile. Skylander Dad would NEVER harm a creature on purpose
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me