Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Advice to protect your island [CLOSED]
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#1 Posted: 07:26:22 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Having lost my island in the past, but lucky enough to be able to recover it on my own cause of blind luck. I'm a bit worried about the plans to merge the Activate and Activision accounts. I hope it really doesn't mess up my Island. But if it does, I'm taking the following precautions

1) snapshots of my Islands, skylanders list, storage, companion list
2) backing up my game on the computer
3) saving my game a second device (when you log into your game, it saves a copy on the device)

Actually number 3, is the reason I was able to recover my game with days of game play lost instead of months. If you lose your island, you can then log on to the 2nd device and not choose to load the latest save data (which may be corrupted). Presto you have an older version of your island, before everything got corrupted or lost.

Number 1, is for proof when you contact the company, that way they will now what you lost and can hopefully help you to recover or compensate you with gems to rebuild.

I actually do these steps after each major accomplishment and any major updates, does anyone else have any advice on protecting your islands?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 09:17:52 05/08/2014
Prevention is cure . Choose to not have any friends except Aura .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
spicemill Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#3 Posted: 10:35:07 05/08/2014
I log on a second device like you after big accomplishments like quests giving updating sanctuaries, that sort of things, or if I haven't done it in a couple of weeks.
---
Activate: Spicemill

Click on my profile on this forum to see which codes I am trading for. I have Springtime Trigger Happy, Kickoff Countdown and more.
Crushlander Green Sparx Gems: 165
#4 Posted: 13:05:28 05/08/2014
Totally agree!

I've just recover my level 40 game after 4 days I was desesperatelly looking for a solution playing at level 7 in a new game without te possibility to add friends... scared!

Now flying to level 41 !
Bitgod Red Sparx Gems: 37
#5 Posted: 02:02:40 06/08/2014
Ugh, wish I'd thought about this ahead of time. I opened up my game yesterday and all my data is missing! And I can't understand the design of their BS game that, if I read it right, the only option if I sign into Activate is to replace the data on the cloud with what's on the device, which is nothing! Grrr, never play F2P games again.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me