Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
$50 to apply to college, why [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 23:46:51 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
i know i know ive seen this for a while, but im currently transferring to Portland State University, and it asks for $50 to send in my app.

I'm only going to apply to one school now, screw that charge. ._. still gonna pay it, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

--
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 23:50:24 04/08/2014
Funny. What could be called college around this country is actually free in all possible studies.
#3 Posted: 23:51:28 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DummyZ
Funny. What could be called college around this country is actually free in all possible studies.

I envy you. I really do. I need to apply for more scholarships, because college loans suck. The grants are nice, of course.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#4 Posted: 01:06:49 05/08/2014
Why not go to a community college and save money and learn what you what you want to learn instead of risking money?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#5 Posted: 01:18:37 05/08/2014
^What if what you want to learn isn't available at the community college? What if the degree you get at community college isn't enough for a job in the field? What about the costs of community college (that **** isn't free either)? What if there aren't any decent ones in the area? What if they demand that you transfer to an expensive university afterwards to continue your studies?

**** the US college/university system.
#6 Posted: 01:36:50 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Why not go to a community college and save money and learn what you what you want to learn instead of risking money?

I do go to community college. There are limited courses I can take here, and I need to get out of the house anyways. I want to move on.

Quote: CAV
^What if what you want to learn isn't available at the community college? What if the degree you get at community college isn't enough for a job in the field? What about the costs of community college (that **** isn't free either)? What if there aren't any decent ones in the area? What if they demand that you transfer to an expensive university afterwards to continue your studies?

**** the US college/university system

Quoted for the truth. There are a ton more classes more applicable to my major at the college I chose anyways. If I were to stay at a CC for one more term, I would literally end up taking a bunch of art classes.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#7 Posted: 12:50:04 05/08/2014
It's bullcrap that we have to pay for any of this at all. For the application, you're not guaranteed acceptance, so I don't know why you need to pay for it. You're not even in the school's system yet and they already have fees for you to pay. As for the schooling itself, I'm probably gonna have some loans to pay off after I graduate, which is stupid as hell. We go to college to get a job to make money, yet right out of the gate we owe money. I mean, these schools could be preventing someone from curing cancer or something in the future... *sigh*

Quote: CAV

**** the US college/university system.

Yep yep.
Like for me and film editing, there are community colleges around here, but nothing that teaches film at all. There aren't many schools that teach film where I live, actually. I could've gone to a film school, but hey it's already hours away from home, so I might as well go to an actual university, make the trip worthwhile.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:51:15 05/08/2014 by AvatariDragon
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#8 Posted: 13:32:25 05/08/2014
I hate the US college system so much.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me