Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Most Disappointing Skylanders [CLOSED]
MatthewGlenHill Green Sparx Gems: 189
#1 Posted: 20:36:42 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
So I was wondering what Skylanders have been most disappointing to you?

For me I was playing this morning for a few minutes with smilie and I thought he was going to be the coolest but now that I have played him and even unlocked all of his upgrade I think he is no where near where I hoped he would be. So there is the question, who has been a let down for you?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 20:42:01 04/08/2014
smilie He's just far too underpowered and his bottom half us useless.
---
#3 Posted: 20:49:37 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

I would have to agree, I think he is cool but he is virtually uselss when you compare him to some of the others.
BrokenMeta Red Sparx Gems: 78
#4 Posted: 22:24:11 04/08/2014
fire kraken is fairly nice if you're looking for story wise play go for double top paths if you like to pvp double top pathing is fairly decent but doing a double bottom path is better nice combos are (A1= X or Square, A2= B or Circle, A3= Y or Triangle) A1 A1 A2 A2 A2 or if you want to be a bit more advanced you can add this as a follow up A1/A2 A1/A2 A3 Jump backwards as soon as you use A3 fire krakens bottom half has the ability when you jump you leave behind a fire cracker combined with an A3 and if you choose the dragon dancer path you get 3 hits in 1 instant 1 hit for the jump, 1 hit for the initial dragon, and 1 off the homing fire cracker although this is a risky technique it is very effective in getting off fast hits for fire kraken
If you don't like confusing combos just hold A2 for "The Big One" attack and button mash until it pops it deals about 120 dmg but takes a while to go off
Good swaps for fire krakens bottom half is a half that has a dashing ability example>blast zone's legs with the flame shield path; just the same as before but to change it up you do A3 A2 A1 A1 and repeat or just do A2 A1 repeatedly the dash does about 30 dmg the persisting shield does 11 dmg per second that the enemy is in contact with it
Fire Krakens damages are: A1= 12-14 (40 charged) A2= 12-14 (120 charged) A3 = 21 (6 per fire cracker)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 01:11:23 05/08/2014
smilie Though I still love him, I hoped he'd be stronger
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#6 Posted: 12:17:02 05/08/2014
Zoo Lou, he just sucks in my opinion.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#7 Posted: 12:53:05 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I do think smilie is fun though
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#8 Posted: 13:35:43 05/08/2014
Everyone has their loves and hates . My little brother likes Zoo lou and Stink Bomb .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#9 Posted: 17:57:53 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well this isn't about if you like or dislike someone but rather a disappointment. It's not that I don't like smilie but rather I was disappointed that he wasn't better or rather that he could fight better.
#10 Posted: 20:57:00 05/08/2014
Combat effectiveness is a relative concept if you can change the difficulty setting . I think a self healing power as far more valuable in combat then any big stick .

What about the monsters sitting on a nice safe hill top that only weak little artillary type skylanders can shoot off ? Admit it . The main reason we collect swoppers is to unlock a particular Swop Zone .

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:05:25 05/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#11 Posted: 00:14:04 06/08/2014
I hate wreaking ball s1 and s2 with a passion he was the first out of starter pack skylander I got and I regret the 9.99 bucks I wasted on my gift card for that guy.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#12 Posted: 02:48:33 06/08/2014
Double Trouble was incredibly boring for me. ): I was so excited when I first got him but he's really nothing special.
#13 Posted: 08:26:10 06/08/2014
Quote: Portal King
I hate wreaking ball s1 and s2 with a passion he was the first out of starter pack skylander I got and I regret the 9.99 bucks I wasted on my gift card for that guy.

Try him in Swap Force. In Swap Force he is one of the strongest Skylanders!
---
#14 Posted: 09:37:47 06/08/2014
Well i used to hate Lightning Rod because of his half body on a cloud but eventually i got to love him . His powers had nothing to do with it .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:07:31 06/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#15 Posted: 13:13:46 06/08/2014
Quote: Portal King

Try him in Swap Force. In Swap Force he is one of the strongest Skylanders!

Really ? Ok will try him I haven't even played him at all in swap force
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#16 Posted: 01:10:47 08/08/2014
Fright Rider, he dies too fast for me, even if he has been upgraded. Of course, I haven't leveled him much, and he only has 1-3 upgrades, and I've been playing him on Hard still, I dislike him. We only got him because he was in a triple pack with wrecking ball and flameslinger.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 01:13:36 08/08/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro
Fright Rider, he dies too fast for me, even if he has been upgraded. Of course, I haven't leveled him much, and he only has 1-3 upgrades, and I've been playing him on Hard still, I dislike him. We only got him because he was in a triple pack with wrecking ball and flameslinger.

Well said my friend. I was really angry that he was the one who replaced smilie my all time favorite Skylander who is honestly stronger, better and way more fun than smilie.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#18 Posted: 06:22:41 08/08/2014
smilie I love him but I wish he was better.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#19 Posted: 07:05:36 08/08/2014
I don't know why everybody hates Stink Bomb, he is my favorite swapper!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#20 Posted: 11:18:25 08/08/2014
Yeh Stink Bomb is pretty good if you give him a chance
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#21 Posted: 11:24:32 08/08/2014
Quote: Kevin16
Yeh Stink Bomb is pretty good if you give him a chance

He's the worst Swap Force.

His bottom path is pretty much useless, his Skunk-Fu Stars are weak and his One-Inch Palm is underpowered. The only good move really is Sweeping Skunk-Fu.
---
#22 Posted: 12:18:01 08/08/2014
Stink Bomb toy has a very nice and detailed figure pose .

Quote:
Well said my friend. I was really angry that he was the one who replaced GR my all time favorite Skylander who is honestly stronger, better and way more fun than FR.

Or you could say Fright Rider helped to make Ghost Roaster more rare , unique and a most sought after skylander .

I like Fright Rider . His toy pose is flimsy yes but in game the mounted jousting knight experience works well . I am sure sooner or later he is going to be sought after as much as Boomer .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:17 08/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#23 Posted: 12:30:48 08/08/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Stink Bomb toy has a very nice and detailed figure pose .

He is still underpowered even is his pose is good.
---
#24 Posted: 12:43:42 08/08/2014
Would you like to have all skylanders do exactly the same amount of damage ? That sounds kinda boring. smilie
---
#25 Posted: 12:46:48 08/08/2014
Would you like to have all skylanders do exactly the same amount of damage ? That sounds kinda boring. smilie

Absolutely not, The damage levels make then unique and if someone like Stink Bomb is underpowered that how it is.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#26 Posted: 13:37:13 08/08/2014

It's amazing though since everyone wanted to get him because of his flatulence. Agreed.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#27 Posted: 14:15:31 08/08/2014
Well, before we get into the ones I was disappointed in, I'll say this:

I never liked Stink Bomb. I knew he would be bad.

Anyway

Fright Rider underwhelmed me, Zoo Lou, Dune Bug, and Scorp
---
#hu
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#28 Posted: 03:00:36 10/08/2014
Disappointed in a few.
Stink Bomb: Underpowered, nearly useless bottom

Grim Creeper: "Living Armor" failed...it is weak, takes a long time, and is not worth it in the end. Other attacks are only decent enough for me to still use him. This one has the biggest difference between what I expected, and what I got. I love the character though!

Rip Tide: Both paths are basically the same. I dislike the idea of the same attacks, either slow and powerful, or fast and weak. He is also boring to play as for me, as well as being an unappealing character. Good thing Punk Shock made up for the water type!

Trap Shadow: Most disappointing of all to me, for a single reason. His figure makes him look like a beast. Then you put him in game and he is puny!

Scratch: Looks amazing...then you upgrade and get an uglier mask.....Only disappointed in the upgraded mask designs. Nothing wrong with her attacks.
(I am obviously focused on appearance more than attacks sometimes)
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 08:25:30 10/08/2014
Quote: Echo2VX
Disappointed in a few.
Stink Bomb: Underpowered, nearly useless bottom

Grim Creeper: "Living Armor" failed...it is weak, takes a long time, and is not worth it in the end. Other attacks are only decent enough for me to still use him. This one has the biggest difference between what I expected, and what I got. I love the character though!

Rip Tide: Both paths are basically the same. I dislike the idea of the same attacks, either slow and powerful, or fast and weak. He is also boring to play as for me, as well as being an unappealing character. Good thing Punk Shock made up for the water type!

Trap Shadow: Most disappointing of all to me, for a single reason. His figure makes him look like a beast. Then you put him in game and he is puny!

Scratch: Looks amazing...then you upgrade and get an uglier mask.....Only disappointed in the upgraded mask designs. Nothing wrong with her attacks.
(I am obviously focused on appearance more than attacks sometimes)

Grim Creeper: i have normal grim creeper and legendary grim creeper, the legendary grim creeper is definitive the better one. i played a lot with him, and is one of my favorites. the normal grim creeper is sure a disappointment.

Trap Shadow: is for me the most disappointing skylander. i waited a long time for him, he have an awsome design. but when i put him on the portal he is a borefest, it is like they cut off his powers.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30 Posted: 14:57:48 10/08/2014
Riptide.

just riptide.

his voice, his powers, UGH!
#31 Posted: 02:37:04 12/08/2014
Thumpback.

I was SO excited for him and when I got him I SOOO disapointed, he is slow, his attacks are slow, innaccurate, one of his paths focuses mainly on one combo move.

Absolutely not, The damage levels make then unique and if someone like Stink Bomb is underpowered that how it is.

Yes but his attacks are fast, and you probably just don't use him right
#32 Posted: 08:13:11 12/08/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn
Thumpback.

I was SO excited for him and when I got him I SOOO disapointed, he is slow, his attacks are slow, innaccurate, one of his paths focuses mainly on one combo move.

Yes but his attacks are fast, and you probably just don't use him right

His only real fast attack Skunk-Fu Stars and they only do 21 Damage and 32 Critical and you can only fire one at a time and since not much are worse than that he is underpowered if compared to others.
---
#33 Posted: 13:00:16 12/08/2014
There is no StinkBombs left where i live . People over here liked him enough to empty the shelves .

Everyone loves a ninja .
---
#34 Posted: 01:53:19 13/08/2014
You can always buy them off other people online. I've found a few swap figures for less than the original price also as well other kinds. Got my Stink Bomb for about $10.
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#35 Posted: 02:24:34 13/08/2014
Bumble Blast: WAY to over powered

Rip Tide: Hated him from the start

Boomer: Dull and boring

Rubble Rouser: Not interesting

Slam-Bam: Just like Bumble Blast

Sunburn: Found him weak and useless

And the list just goes on and on..............
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#36 Posted: 02:59:50 13/08/2014
For me, it's probably Wrecking Ball and Shroomboom. They're just kinda... annoying. I mean, I sorta feel the same way about Food Fight as well.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#37 Posted: 03:11:01 13/08/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
For me, it's probably Wrecking Ball and Shroomboom. They're just kinda... annoying. I mean, I sorta feel the same way about Food Fight as well.

inb4 Wreckingballbob
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#38 Posted: 04:42:53 13/08/2014
Drobot got painfully nerfed. What happened to the rapid fire awesome-bot I once knew? Trap Team, Toys For Bob, do him justice!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#39 Posted: 22:55:35 16/08/2014
Slam Bam isn't the greatest in terms of PvP though yes he's very fun for regular play because he hits very hard but in PvP get someone who has ranged attacks that have knock back or are just incredibly rapid and slam bam is sort of done for as for sunburn i find him better for pvp since he has a teleport that knocks back opponents as well a dash that also knocks back it's somewhat hard to escape/catch up to him
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:53 16/08/2014 by BrokenMeta
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#40 Posted: 05:53:27 09/09/2014
Stink bomb and Starstrike
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#41 Posted: 05:58:20 09/09/2014
My other disappointed Skylanders were most of the Giants cores like Sprocket, Pop Fizz and even Shroomboom. For SA, not many, but Gill Grunt was pretty underwhelming and also Terrafin, Sonicboom and Wrecking Ball.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#42 Posted: 23:25:54 09/09/2014
Sorry to say, all of them (except Camo) >.>
---
Give me money!
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#43 Posted: 23:56:24 09/09/2014
Fryno was a bit of a dissapointment IMO
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Graywolfe Green Sparx Gems: 298
#44 Posted: 01:02:58 10/09/2014
Well so far the characters in SF have been pretty much what i expected of them. The ones i thought would be boring or weak were and the ones i thought i would like i have. Now i had plenty of both disappointments and surprises in SSA and Giants.
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#45 Posted: 11:35:58 22/09/2014
I'd wager that every Skylander is feasible when one knows how to properly utilize their powers. Select few are definitely faster at wiping out enemies on Nightmare mode than most, thereby increasing the chance for survival.

That being said, Terrafin may be vital in dodging certain hazards (and his s3 wow pow is pretty cool), but his short range punches and slow mini-sharks were a major disappointment to this Portal Master. So too Kraken; Fire is strong and fascinating, but Kraken is too unwieldy, goofy, and unpredictable.

Stink Bomb and Dune Bug are vastly underrated. Stink Ranger in particular can poison a foe, charge the shuriken shield, let 'er rip, then toss the baddie around in a torrent of sickly shredding winds of doom. Even shielded enemies succumb to this, and experimentation has yet to reveal a skill set more uniquely suited to enhancing the already powerful Ranger. When mastered, Spy Bomb is practically invincible. Invisibility grants the charged laser the time it requires, and once the enemies have that sweet blue X beside them, it's a simple matter of cloaking and mopping up. Dune Bug's Buggy Buddy strolls around, seeking out and completely disabling all nearby foes, leaving them open to be blasted mercilessly or rolled over a cliff for instant death.

Please allow me to encourage everyone to not give up on those figures they find visually or thematically appealing. Attempt to learn their style, adjust to their pace and strategy, and you may be richly rewarded as you find your disappointment melt away.

Except for Kraken. Those legs are hopeless.
---
1Jn47
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#46 Posted: 16:33:17 22/09/2014
Quote: Plordigian
Except for Kraken. Those legs are hopeless.

I absolutely lost it at this. smilie
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Kefran Yellow Sparx Gems: 1203
#47 Posted: 08:49:44 24/09/2014
Most disappointing for me: Lightcore Bumble blast !
... as non-lightcore Drobot was in Giants.

For some reason, each year there is a Skylander which is not released at all in France. So you should choose between missing one in the collection or paying triple price on ebay if you add international shipping cost.

In terms of gameplay, for some reasons, I had too much expectations for Boom Jet so it is for me the most disappointing one even if it is not the weakest one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:18 24/09/2014 by Kefran
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#48 Posted: 11:41:38 24/09/2014
Grim Creeper is the worst. Everytime I play SSF, when I put him in the game he just dies within 5 mins
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#49 Posted: 17:32:03 24/09/2014
Right? And it's so frustrating because of how awesome he looks. And Sphere of Fear is a great move! But it's the only thing he can do aside from basic attack that doesn't get him killed...
---
1Jn47
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#50 Posted: 07:15:34 27/09/2014
I'll go with almost all the Skylanders in Swap Force. I just... Idk why I even bought the game after now. Seeing Trap Team I find swap Force dissapointing overall.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me